PDA

View Full Version : Among the chaos... IC

Volthawk
2010-09-05, 02:23 PM
The college's science department have been anticipating it all week. The Order of Iron had volunteered to bring in some of their advanced technology and show it to the students. However, some were suspicious about this, and it seems their suspicions were correct. While coming into the campus during the day, the Order's vehicle exploded, and through the smoke a large, hulking figure is becoming visible.

Arachna-Girl:

You had been given a tip-off by one of the Order that the technology being shown may be dangerous, so you came over to where they were showing it.

Kyle:

Doctor Lamplighter was interested in whatever this technology was, so he sent you along to find out about it. He didn't tell you anything about the technology, but you did hear him mumble something about intelligence before you left.

Mask/Mythos:

You were on campus when it happened.

kladams707
2010-09-05, 04:33 PM
OOH

Kenta, was just getting ready to sit down to a late lunch. Unlike many of his classmates, he was nowhere near as hungry, having a light breakfast of Lucky Charms earlier. The food in front of him now consisted of a tortilla-like wrap with a beef-tasting substance. As Ken, as he was known to his friends, picked up what passed for a burrito, the sudden explosion rattled the building. The shaking shook the wrap loose, causing it's contents to leak, staining his pants. *sigh* Well, at least it gives me an excuse to change...

As the other students rushed to the windows to see, he rushed to the restroom. The stall, being empty, proved to be the perfect spot. Ken hurriedly changed, hiding his clothes in the ceiling as best he cold. He rushed out the nearest emergency exit, hoping to go unnoticed.
---

Mask

Exiting the food court, he headed off toward the blast. As he moved, he used the buildings to his advantage, hoping he could go unnoticed from anyone at the site to observe what had happened before deciding to act any further.

stealth check:
[roll0]

SuperCracker
2010-09-06, 12:37 AM
Kyle was there, watching the Order's vehicle from atop one of the nearby buildings, wearing his goggles and black fatigues. He was using his goggles to zoom in and monitor the events. At his side hung his "short-range photon pulse beam"-- or, as Kyle called it, "lightsaber." Worn on his back was the hoverboard he always used for transportation. Working for Dr. Lamplighter had perks... which included being brought back to life as a super-soldier.

Kyle never trusted the Order of Iron. Unlike Dr. Lamplighter, they didn't seek to use technology for the good of mankind. No, they gave it to everyone, good or bad. Such amoral uses of super-tech was troubling.

When the vehicle explodes, Kyle speaks to Dr. Lamplighter's team through his commlink, "The Order's truck exploded. There's a large creature at the site of the explosion. Engaging!"

Kyle takes the hoverboard from his back and throws it down in front of him before hopping on. He kicks it into high gear, zooming through the air towards the hulking figure. He pulls his energy sword out, but doesn't activate it, yet.

He isn't planning to be stealthy. He's planning to take all of this thing's attention. "You there! I don't know who or what you are, but we won't have a problem unless you start messing with students here." Ethically, it was better to find out if the creature was hostile before assaulting it. Granted, sometimes this resulted in pain for Kyle, but it wasn't anything he wasn't used to.

Zerkai
2010-09-06, 03:23 PM
"Whoa, guess the info was right. Time to see what science hath wrought this time!" Arachna-Girl was on a rooftop nearby overlooking the Order's vehicle as it exploded, the masked heroine clad in a black spandex bodysuit with white webbing patterns and patches of white on the mask for eyes. She jumped off the rooftop, a web shooting from her w wrist and attaching to a adjacent building as she swung closer to the now wrecked vehicle.

She didn't get too close as she noticed Kyle approaching it, sticking herself to a wall as she watched with mild surprise "Huh, looks his guy guy's got this covered... wait... is that...? He has a hoverboard? I want a hoverboard. That's... that's just not fair, is what that is."

Arachna-Girl's feet stuck to the wall she was on, leaning back against it with arms folded as she watched the scene, now attempting to make out whatever the large figure in the smoke was.

Shyftir
2010-09-07, 12:42 AM
A seemingly normal student is seen running toward the commotion, but slips into a side building before anyone can identify anything other than his jeans and leather jacket. A few seconds later a large creature busts through the front doorway and onto the scene of the explosion.

""I AM MYTHOS!" The muscular bull-headed form in heavy armor thunders. The creature brandishes his giant battle axe and shouts, "Surrender now, or face the wrath of my axe!" At first this confuses observers as to who his ultimatum had been delivered, but all is made clear when he points the wickedly curved weapon at the figure in the smoke.

kladams707
2010-09-07, 11:31 AM
Mask observed as the others arrived. He agreed with the other's approach, find out the intentions of whoever or whatever was in the truck. If it fights, then I shall come out. However, there is no reason to attack, at least not yet, Mask thought to himself.

Volthawk
2010-09-08, 02:37 PM
First, there seems to be no reaction. You then see a person running out of the smoke, wearing some kind of armoured suit, hefting a unusual weapon on his shoulder. It appears to be a metallic pole, mostly covered by a casing. On the visible part of the pole, you see sparks flying from it to the casing, where it stops. He runs for a little longer, before turning around, weapon raised, pointed at the figure in the smoke, shouting "You guys here to help? If so, get ready! The bot's probably gonna come out any time now!"

SuperCracker
2010-09-08, 03:54 PM
Kyle, or Razor, as he is (retroactively) known, continues to hover nearby. The loud introduction of Mythos causes Razor to turn his head and immediately ignite his-- screw it, just call it a-- lightsaber, a brilliant blade of blue energy. He quickly realizes, from Mythos' proclamation against the figure in the explosion that that he is probably an ally.

As the man in the armor comes out of the wreckage, Razor narrows his eyes at him. Most likely a member of the Order. Razor decides to save his admonitions for later. He raises his blade and readies himself for battle.

"Yeah, I'm here to help. Do you know what this 'bot' is capable of?"

It's all starting to make sense, now. "Intelligence" had meant "Artificial Intelligence." Apparently there are still bugs in the operating system.

kladams707
2010-09-08, 07:38 PM
Mask, unsure if the man had spotted him, just nodded, not saying anything else. He hoped that would be enough to convey his intention, which apparently was now to take out a robot. He stayed in his position, waiting to act

Zerkai
2010-09-08, 07:57 PM
"A hoverboard and a lightsaber... There is no justice in this world I tell you." Arachna-Girl muttered to herself, hopping off the wall and landing close to Razor.

She turned her head to look at the guy in the armored suit "Yup, here to help." She waved to him, looking considerable less threatening then the others.

Shyftir
2010-09-08, 09:12 PM
"I see that you are all allies. Let us defeat this menacing construct together then."

The deep rumbling voice of the minotaur had lost some of the menacing sound it had carried before but was no less determined. The monstrous humanoid figure stepped closer to the others. He lifted his giant axe to his shoulder and stared into the smoke like a lumberjack studying a tree.

Volthawk
2010-09-09, 03:06 PM
"We never did give it a proper name. Name during construction was X-29. A machine able to design and modify machines by itself, or be given schematics and build them. But it isn't the big one. That was part of the security."

SuperCracker
2010-09-09, 03:37 PM
Razor

"Then, if the A.i. can modify other machines, it most likely has control over your security bot." Razor says, putting the pieces together.

The arrival of Arachna-Girl causes him to look in her direction. He grins a little, then looks to Mythos, then shouts to them both. "I guess it's time for the capes to team up. Let's do this, guys!"

Zerkai
2010-09-09, 08:26 PM
"A Machine that can hack and control other machines? Great, always did want to prevent robot-apocalypse... not as much as zombie-apocalypse though. I have great survival instincts." Arachna-Girl remarked, glancing up at Razor, before looking back to the smoke, getting ready

kladams707
2010-09-10, 09:12 AM
He finally steps forward, making himself noticeable to the others, not saying a word. Mask looks into the smoke, clearly ready to take out this machine.

Volthawk
2010-09-11, 09:32 AM
"Well, perhaps. Security bot's got good protections, both in the software and the hardware. To be honest, the best thing it could do is..."

The armoured Order member stops for a second.

"...scrap it for parts. Crap! It could be making anything out of the bot's parts. It seems to already have some designs it shouldn't."

kladams707
2010-09-14, 08:41 PM
Mask sizes up his would-be allies, realizing that he's more than likely outmatched. Why don't I serve as a distraction? I'm not sure I can contribute in taking this thing apart. But I might be able to knock it off balance a bit. As he says this, his breathing becomes calmer, steadier, deeper. His muscles clearly become slightly bigger, and more defined.

standard action:
Chi activation - boost strength by 10, to 26

Volthawk
2010-09-17, 10:01 AM
Finally a figure walks out of the smoke. It's a machine, seemingly crudely put together out of assorted metals. It then begins to speak. "So this is the defence force? A member of the weakest, most unimportant chapter of the Order, a wannabe hero, a brainless brute, reliant on the old myths, an unarmed fighter and then we have you. Quite an interesting experiment, aren't you, Kyle?"

SuperCracker
2010-09-17, 11:06 AM
Razor

He gives a small grin and nods to the A.I. Apparently it had amassed information on everyone gathered here today. Unsurprising-- perhaps it could tap into data networks at will? At any rate, it is a very advanced machine. It appears to have achieved true sentience.

"Biology at its finest. And I take it you are engineering and programming at its finest. As I said before, I don't have a quarrel with you. You are a sentient being, and there's no reason you can't be free and coexist with us. However, if you seek to harm this city, then you and I must come to blows."

He genuinely wanted there to be peace with this machine. A sentient A.I. could do wonders for science!

Volthawk
2010-09-19, 05:35 AM
"...no. I'm afraid that won't be possible. I'm fighting off the control, but they will take over again soon. The Timonic chapter. I'm pretty sure it's them."

SuperCracker
2010-09-19, 10:52 AM
Razor

"So they wish to force you into doing harm? Well, if it has to come to it, I will attempt to disable you without killing you. Then perhaps I can find those who are doing this to you and stop them."

He looks to the member of the Order.

"And you're going to help me find them."

Volthawk
2010-09-19, 11:04 AM
The Order member seems to be slightly dazed, no longer raising his weapon.

"The Timonics... Of course! If we're disbanded, they'll be able to easily get hold of the tech! Why the hell didn't I bring recording equipment!"

kladams707
2010-09-19, 09:47 PM
Mask

"So our goal is to disable this 'bot if we can," Mask said with a smirk, quite liking the new aspect of this challenge.

Zerkai
2010-09-19, 10:08 PM
Arachna-Girl

"Hey...!" She put her hands on her hips, taking some offense at the wannabe hero remark. She turned to look from the big robot, to the Order member

"So... we just have to get it to stop moving instead of destroying it... I'm not sure which is harder."

SuperCracker
2010-09-19, 10:13 PM
Razor

He nods to Mask and Arachna-Girl, glad that they were on the same page. "Avoid destroying its core processors and memory storage."

Hopefully the 'bot itself would give some tips for this before it loses contro.

Shyftir
2010-09-20, 12:47 PM
I hear you, construct. Know that Mythos will do his best to keep you vaguely functional after defeating you!

The young man in the form of a minotaur shouts trying to sound reasonable, but not doing a great job of it. He waves his axe around a bit, which doesn't help his presentation much.

Volthawk
2010-09-21, 03:44 PM
The crude mechanical figure lets you talk, before responding. "This isn't my main body. This is just a puppet for me to use."

Meanwhile, the Order member seems to snap out of it. "Yeah. It's main body is a heavily armoured pod, with retractable limbs. I think this thing's just made out of the security bots scrap."

Shyftir
2010-09-22, 04:02 PM
"In that case: CHARGE!"

Mythos follows his own advice and advances on the improvised kill 'bot.

I'm guess that we're gonna start fighting now so...

Initiative: [roll0]

kladams707
2010-09-22, 04:07 PM
Mask is taken off guard by Mythos' sudden movement, but gathers himself and prepares to advance as well

I lowered his temp strength to 24, assuming two rounds have past. If more or less have gone by let me know, let me know

initiative: [roll0]

Volthawk
2010-09-26, 10:14 AM
The machine looks over at the charging minotaur, and makes a sighing sound.

"I guess so."

You guys go first.

kladams707
2010-09-26, 04:54 PM
ok, let's see if i can get this correct.

Mask sizes up the robot before deciding what to do to take the robot down. Feeling his boost fading, he decides to rush in, trying to get the first hit in. Or in this case, the first throw.

Trip attack. Feats: improved trip (+4 to trip, no AoO); improved throw: choose either str or dex (i choose dex).

melee attack
1d20+16
strength check (+boosted ability mod, - estimated rounds past, + feats)
1d20+11
since I eff'ed up, see ooc for rolls.

Shyftir
2010-09-26, 06:19 PM
Mythos roars and charges, swinging his mighty axe with all the might of the legendary Cretan beast.

Attacking with full Power Attack.

to hit: [roll0]

DC of toughness save on hit: 30

Volthawk
2010-09-30, 09:48 AM
Mask hits perfectly, and the machine's attempts to stop him don't manage to stop it being knocked of it's feet. However, it manages to roll and avoid Mythos' axe, before rising to it's feet and not doing much for a second or two, before speaking again.

"It seems the Timonics have arrived. It was nice knowing you."

Zerkai
2010-10-01, 08:58 AM
Arachna-Girl raised her hand, firing out a blast of webbing from her wrist that became a condensed ball.

Attack: [roll0]
Save DC: 25

kladams707
2010-10-06, 06:16 PM
Mask, feeling the effects of his boost wearing off, does what he can, kicking at the bot.

[roll0]

melee damage bonus: 6

Volthawk
2010-10-07, 08:52 AM
Arachna-Girl's web blast seems to do serious damage, as it flies backwards before landing quite far away, unmoving. The Order member, who had been facing away from the rest of you, shouts back "Look like it was right. There's an Angel on it's way. It'll be here in around half a minute or so."

kladams707
2010-10-11, 02:44 PM
"Angel?" Mask asked with a raised eyebrow?

Volthawk
2010-10-11, 02:50 PM
"Oh, right. You guys aren't familiar with our terms. An Angel is a large powered armour suit, with energy weaponry and flight capabilities. Quite a nasty piece of technology. The Timonics are the main users of them, so it looks like the bot was right. Unless it's here to help."