PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried running campaign based on one of "The Gamers" movies?

kladams707
2010-09-05, 04:29 PM
Whether it be based on the first movie, or the second, have you tried? And how did it go?

Sucrose
2010-09-05, 04:47 PM
Whether it be based on the first movie, or the second, have you tried? And how did it go?

Isn't the whole point of those movies how dysfunctional the group is? The pointless killing in the second movie, the DM's refusal to give the players the game that they want, instead constantly trying to shove his serious RP down their throats, the repeated arguments over whether a character is an elf... they're pretty good comedy, but I'd never want to play in a group like that.

freebiewitz
2010-09-05, 05:45 PM
Whenever some one plays a bard in the group we tend to start quoting the second movie alot. I've even given the PC's a custom spell called 'Summon wall of dead bards.' Basically gives you concealment XD.

Yuki Akuma
2010-09-05, 06:17 PM
They actually made a limited-run edition of the adventure from the second movie. It's pretty much impossible to find, though.

freebiewitz
2010-09-05, 06:19 PM
They actually made a limited-run edition of the adventure from the second movie. It's pretty much impossible to find, though.

Oh yeah, the mask of death! How close is that to the actual movies quest anyways?

Starbuck_II
2010-09-05, 06:30 PM
Well, at its base:

You have a god who loses its power due to an artifact.
Ninja zombies (easiest way is just make them Ninja Ghouls as it fulfills low CR intelligent undead).
Drazuul (Fear/Death Demon): fear aura that if fail check frightened or (fail by 5 or more save) dominated (till demon killed).
Some goblins who are upset
Kemnon (evil necromancer)
Evil Cleric and monks also included

And here is the module they used for the movie:
http://www.goodman-games.com/50205preview.html

freebiewitz
2010-09-05, 06:33 PM
Well, at its base:

You have a god who loses its power due to an artifact.
Ninja zombies (easiest way is just make them Ninja Ghouls as it fulfills low CR intelligent undead).
Drazuul (Fear/Death Demon): fear aura that if fail check frightened or (fail by 5 or more save) dominated (till demon killed).
Some goblins who are upset
Kemnon (evil necromancer)
Evil Cleric and monks also included

And here is the module they used for the movie:
http://www.goodman-games.com/50205preview.html

Huh so it is pretty accurate. I might pick it up if I ever find a copy.

Tyndmyr
2010-09-05, 08:28 PM
Isn't the whole point of those movies how dysfunctional the group is? The pointless killing in the second movie, the DM's refusal to give the players the game that they want, instead constantly trying to shove his serious RP down their throats, the repeated arguments over whether a character is an elf... they're pretty good comedy, but I'd never want to play in a group like that.

Pretty much. It was amusing, but I'd definitely not game with such a group. That thought popped into my head within five minutes of starting to watch.