PDA

View Full Version : Let me pick your brains for ideas... (3.5)

The-Mage-King
2010-09-05, 05:08 PM
See, I'm working on a base class that I've been thinking about, and I'm wondering if giving it full BAB, Psy-War manifesting, and maneuvers from several disciplines would be a bit too much... Thoughts?

Cieyrin
2010-09-05, 05:15 PM
See, I'm working on a base class that I've been thinking about, and I'm wondering if giving it full BAB, Psy-War manifesting, and maneuvers from several disciplines would be a bit too much... Thoughts?

You're outclassing Psy-Warriors at full BAB already and maneuvers truly depends on the rate of acquisition and what disciplines you're taking from.

If you want psionics in your ToBattler, you may want to look into the Sleeping Goddess (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5408276) for how such a thing has been done.

The-Mage-King
2010-09-05, 05:18 PM
You're outclassing Psy-Warriors at full BAB already and maneuvers truly depends on the rate of acquisition and what disciplines you're taking from.

If you want psionics in your ToBattler, you may want to look into the Sleeping Goddess (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5408276) for how such a thing has been done.

Hm... I know that it's better than a Psi-War, but that's what I'm intending. And I'm already planning to use that.

JoshuaZ
2010-09-05, 05:22 PM
Hm... I know that it's better than a Psi-War, but that's what I'm intending. And I'm already planning to use that.

What tier are you aiming for? Psychic Warrior is normally considered Tier 3.

The-Mage-King
2010-09-05, 07:16 PM
What tier are you aiming for? Psychic Warrior is normally considered Tier 3.

I ws thinking Tier 2, actually...

Considering it, I think I'll just go with giving them powers starting at level 10, and work from there...

Morph Bark
2010-09-06, 07:37 AM
If you want something more unique rather than just "PsyWar with Full BAB and maneuvers", you could instead make it into a class that uses a system similar to power points to use maneuvers and that it recovers those points at a certain rate (either always - even during battle, or only while resting). Gather up Psionics-based disciplines and have a go. Add class features that allow you to learn an Egoist power or Transmutation/Abjuration spell useable at the cost of twice the points of a maneuver of the same level and perhaps a few Wis-based Warblade-like class features (though not carbon copies of course) and it's looking a lot better.

The-Mage-King
2010-09-06, 11:29 AM
If you want something more unique rather than just "PsyWar with Full BAB and maneuvers", you could instead make it into a class that uses a system similar to power points to use maneuvers and that it recovers those points at a certain rate (either always - even during battle, or only while resting). Gather up Psionics-based disciplines and have a go. Add class features that allow you to learn an Egoist power or Transmutation/Abjuration spell useable at the cost of twice the points of a maneuver of the same level and perhaps a few Wis-based Warblade-like class features (though not carbon copies of course) and it's looking a lot better.

Thing is...

There is no way this class is Wisdom based!

Their ignited will shall determine what shall be! They are CHARISMA based!

*cough*

Anyway, yeah, no. I've changed the arrangement around so that they can get 6th level powers, but its... Well, a bit later than usual. So they'll be choosing maneuvers from a restricted list at first- Iron Heart, Sleeping Goddess, aned one other depending upon the class feature they choose-, and not have powers until level 9.

So now I need to pick powers for their list...

...This'll take a while, given I need 5-10 of each level... At least I have a theme in mind...

Kylarra
2010-09-06, 11:58 AM
Maneuvers and PsiWar powers aren't generally gamebreaking enough to reach Tier1/2 status, that's why they're both Tier 3 and even combined they'd probably still just be higher Tier 3.

The gamebreaking stuff is generally upper tier Power/Spells, so ... yeah.