PDA

View Full Version : DnD 4th edition PbP

Pages : [1] 2

Maxios
2010-09-06, 01:00 PM
link to recruitment thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9302966#post9302966)

Narration
You stand on a rocky path, leading to the peak of a mountain. To your left is a road merchants travel on called Redwork Pass. To the left of the road is another mountain.
Recently, the pass has become not very safe. A ferocious monster has been attacking passerby, eating their animals and taking their possesions. The town called Geruda is in an uproar. Because of this beast, there are no more goods to buy and sell in the town, and the crime rate is going up.
The good Baron Durkon of this town has hired your group of adventurer's to track down the beast, and slay it. Your payment: The Whole of it's treasure horde. The real problem is, no one knows truely where the beast's lair is and what it looks like. All they know is that it looks like a common predator, but ten times more deadly. It's lair is the peak of this mountain. What do you do?

tcrudisi
2010-09-06, 01:30 PM
King Gator, Unarmed Fighter, short human with a dwarf accent, wearing scale armor, some shaggy looking clothes that look way too short, as if they were made for a dwarf and not a human, and they are ripped in several places where it is too small for my muscles. The pants are brown, dirty, and look like the same material that makes a burlap sack. They also look like knickers.:

"Aach! I know how these foul beasts work (ooc: Really, I don't). We gotta make 'em think we are tha prey. I say we walk down the road pretendin' ta be traveling and see if'n he jumps us."

Maxios
2010-09-06, 01:34 PM
Voice of the dm:

Should you wish to accomplish that, you must walk down the pass carrying bags filled with something so the beast think's your merchants.

Maxios
2010-09-06, 01:37 PM
Tcrudisi: the others are off exploring the mountain. you've been told to stand guard here, to make sure the beast is prowling the pass looking for a nice fat meal to dine on.

tcrudisi
2010-09-06, 01:44 PM
King Gator:

"Wait, wait. I dunna mind going solo after him for a coupla minutes, but I gotta have a partner to tag in iff'n things get tough. I'm nah gonna play bait without someone else wif me. Or are ya sayin' tha I'm supposed ta watch the cave entrance?"

Maxios
2010-09-06, 01:49 PM
Voice of the dm: you're making sure the beast isn't going down to attack merchants. the local baron has assigned guards to the party to make sure they survive. the party has left the 2 guards with you.

tcrudisi
2010-09-06, 01:56 PM
OOC: Ahha - I understand. Sorry, I wasn't quite sure what you were talking about at first.

King Gator: "Yep, I'll make sure he does na get by."

I'll start off by keeping an active watch, then when things get boring, I'll wrestle with the guards for a few minutes before keeping an active watch again.

Maxios
2010-09-06, 01:59 PM
Alright. You easily beat the guards. then, you hear a ferocious, horrible, blood thirsty roar.

tcrudisi
2010-09-06, 02:04 PM
King Gator: pointing to guard 1 - "You! Go fetch tha others!"

pointing to guard 2 - "You! Come wif me! We're na gonna let it escape!" We begin moving quickly towards the direction of the roar.

OOC: My plan is not to run in first thing. Instead, I'm gonna try my best to keep eyes on it until the others arrive.

Maxios
2010-09-06, 02:07 PM
Alright. The guard runs off to tell the others. walking down the pass you see a 6 foot tall beast. it walks on four legs. it has a mane of yellow hair surrounding it's face. It has devilish red eyes, and razor sharp teeth. It's tail has a spiked ball on the end. it roars again, and runs towards you.

tcrudisi
2010-09-06, 02:15 PM
My reaction depends on how long I think it will take my friends to get here.

If I think it will take a few minutes, I run while keeping an eye behind me to see if he follows.

If I think it will take less than a couple of minutes: I back up quickly towards the directions my allies should be coming from, but letting it slowly gain on me (okay, I'm speed 5, so I'm probably not "letting" it gain on me. hah).

Looking over at the guard, I tell him: "Stay a little behind me until he gets here. When he does, move in behind him and kick him while he's down. Careful, though! I wanna knock him out, not slay him outright. The Baron should see what this monster looks like in case there's more of 'em."

Maxios
2010-09-06, 02:21 PM
"You want it to live?' the guard says surprised. The beast has a speed of 6 unfortuently so it's gaining on you.

tcrudisi
2010-09-06, 02:25 PM
King Gator: "Nay! I do na want it to live for long. I just wanna capture it to show tha others and the Baron. Once they have seen it, we can finish it off. It'll be no harm if'n we knock it out and make sure it stays out. I reckon' it's a smart one if'n it's taking people's stuff. Who knows? Maybe it can talk."

/edit: When it gets close enough that I can't keep ahead of it, I'll brace myself and prepare to grab it (Grappling Strike).

Maxios
2010-09-06, 02:26 PM
"of course I can talk human scum!" the creature roars indignantly. When it gets close to you tcrudisi, it breathes out a cloud of green gas. What is your fortitude score?

tcrudisi
2010-09-06, 02:32 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=237660 is my character sheet. Fortitude is 20.

King Gator: "Those are some big words fer a bear! And some bad breath, too. The last time I smelled breath tha bad it was from an Orc! Ya got the sensibilities of an Orc too, eatin' animals and takin' peoples stuff!"

(Initiative time? [roll0] My first time using the dice roller, so lets see if it works...)

Maxios
2010-09-06, 02:36 PM
rolled d20+3[23]
are you wearing any armor tcruisi?

tcrudisi
2010-09-06, 02:36 PM
Yep, scale armor. My AC is 18.

Maxios
2010-09-06, 02:39 PM
*GRINS EVILY*
The beast's gas cloud flies over your armor, slowly ruining iit. it's bonus now is only +2 AC.

The beast laughed horribily at it's dirty work.
"Varuka breath. Armor disintergration as you humans would say."

Maxios
2010-09-06, 02:45 PM
don't worry tcrudisi. you'll get better armor in the beast's horde that'll give you a really high AC.

tcrudisi
2010-09-06, 02:45 PM
King Gator yells out something unintelligible and, if there's any distance between us, closes it and attempts to Grappling Strike him.

[roll0] vs. AC to Grappling Strike him. If that hits, I do
[roll1] damage and he's grabbed.

Also, if that hits, I'll spend my action point to try and pick him up and slam him to the ground (Knockdown Assault): [roll2] vs. Fort for 5 damage and knock him prone. If he is prone and grabbed by me, he cannot stand until he successfully breaks my grab.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/9821/bodyslams.jpg

Maxios
2010-09-06, 02:55 PM
your endeavor's succeed. The beast is now stunned on the ground, but the wounds you inflicted didn't seem to really affect him.

tcrudisi
2010-09-06, 03:02 PM
Did not affect him as in "I did 0 damage" or as in "I did reduced damage"? Either way, I tell the guard, "Ach! Now's the time to be kickin' him while he's down, ya see!"

I should also specify: he's marked. :smalltongue:

Maxios
2010-09-06, 03:16 PM
The guard stabs down at the beast, hitting it for [9] damage. the beast gets up, and swipes the guard [19 attack], and does 10 damage. the guard yelps in pain and is bloodied.

tcrudisi
2010-09-06, 03:18 PM
The guard stabs down at the beast, hitting it for [9] damage. the beast gets up, and swipes the guard [19 attack], and does 10 damage. the guard yelps in pain and is bloodied.

If he wants to stand up, he has to make an Acrobatics or Athletics check to try and escape my grab first. While I am grabbing him, he cannot stand up (Pin Down feat).

Maxios
2010-09-06, 03:20 PM
Whoops, forgot that. Let's just say he bit the guard.

Lion thing athletics check: [24]

Would that been good enough to escape from your hold?

tcrudisi
2010-09-06, 03:24 PM
Whoops, forgot that. Let's just say he bit the guard.

Lion thing athletics check: [24]

Would that been good enough to escape from your hold?

Yep - the DC is 20.

Also, I realize I said it a bit late, so if you don't accept my combat challenge attack (for him attacking my ally), I understand. Here it is in case you do:

[roll0] as I swing down at him from above. If it hits, [roll1] damage.

Maxios
2010-09-06, 03:29 PM
You hit. The beast yells indignantly and scrambles up the mountain side to it's lair.

tcrudisi
2010-09-06, 03:34 PM
King Gator: I look after the beast for a minute to make sure it's not a trap. Then I rip off part of my shirt to use as a bandage on the soldier.

"We'll chase after 'im as soon as the others arrive. Until then, let's get tha bleeding stopped."

[roll0] heal check on the soldier.

Daisuke1133
2010-09-06, 05:43 PM
( Sorry for being late. Should I roll initiative? )

Maxios
2010-09-06, 06:50 PM
Daisuke: You and the others are up on the mountains. The others set you down. When you reach the bottom, you catch up with King Gator and the guard. You don't need to roll initative yet.

Tcrudisi: You heal the guard. He gasps and stands up, and thanks you. "That beast is more horrible then I thought!" the guard told King Gator. "Ye saved me life!"

King Tius
2010-09-06, 10:54 PM
Ladon, a small gnome with crazy unkempt white hair, comes scrambling down the path. He is a young gnome, so the stark white hair and sparkling blue eyes give him a bit of a crazed look. He wears the robes of a magic user, though he has cut the sleeves off of them, giving him an even more bizarre look.

"Hey Doc Croc (his nick name for King Gator), what did I miss? Did you see it?!?"

His eyes glisten with excitement and magical sparks fly from his hands as he rubs them together with interest.

Grimlock
2010-09-06, 11:17 PM
Cam, strides down the path after the gnome, smiling at the young magic user's enthusiasm. His chainmail clinks as he walks over to King Gator and grasps the fighter's arm. Sorry we're late my friend. You did battle and we were not there to aid you. The warlord glances around at the signs of the stuggle. But you seem to have done more than just hold your own against the beast, you have driven it off! What can you tell us about it?

tcrudisi
2010-09-06, 11:36 PM
Landon! Good to see ya, although I coulda used ya just moments ago. And Reikstarg, yea? Mayhap you can do somethin' better than me with Guardio's leg? (OOC: Yeah, I just named the npc guard Guardio. I'm creative, what can I say? :smalltongue:)

Tha beast was jus tha - a beast. It looked like a big cat - tiger or cheetah. Big cat. Bigger than me. Ran on all fours and breathed poison. *King Gator motions to what remains of his scale mail* Or maybe it was acid, considerin' it melted away my armor but good. Had a vicious bite too. *nods towards the wounded guards leg* I jus' finished wrappin' it up. When it fully heals he'll have a scar to show the young folk in his clan.

Now, if you two 're ready, mayhap we work our way up the path to the others? They will be wantin' our help within' that one.

Grimlock
2010-09-07, 12:57 AM
Cam turns towards the wounded guard. Well met my friend, Guardio was it? he walks over to the guard and crouches down Gator over there tells us you engaged the beast also. My thanks, especially as you took serious wounds. Your skill with a blade and bravery will be much needed as this hunt goes further. as he speaks, Cam's words give strength to Guardio, healing his wounds.
Inspiring Word on Guardio. He can spend a healing surge and gains [roll0] hp.
Also- when we do roll Initiative all allies within 10 squares of me get +2 to their initiative roll!

Daisuke1133
2010-09-07, 06:39 AM
Erdan comes rushing after the others, axe in hand from being used to clear clear out vines and brush in his path. Upon seeing the aftermath of the battle he curses himself for not being there earlier. He returns the axe to its place on his belt and asks, "Is everyone alright?"

Gillric
2010-09-07, 09:17 AM
Snarn comes lumbering down the trail, I missed the fight didn't I?

Grimlock
2010-09-07, 09:25 AM
Cam stands and looks at the others. It seems we all missed the first skirmish, other than Gator and Guardio here who fought the beast and drove it back into the mountains. It seems the hunt is on! He reaches behind his shoulder and unlimbers the greataxe strapped there. Let us find this creature and put an end to it.

Maxios
2010-09-07, 12:16 PM
Voice of the DM (The beast is up in it's lair, at the peak of the mountain you guys just came from to see King Gator.)

Grimlock
2010-09-07, 12:48 PM
So it looks like we will be heading back up the mountain to track this thing down! He looks around at the other members of the party, (or just looks up when taking in Snarn's massive form). Right then, let's go. When we find it, I suggest Snarn, Gator, Erdan and I form a battle line to pen it in. Landon, you stand back and blast the bastard!
OOC
The closer I am to the centre of the melée action, the more Cam can assist the meatshields in dishing out damage!

Gillric
2010-09-07, 01:07 PM
Yes, let us hunt it to it's lair. Then we shall kill it. Snarn turns and starts back up the mountain trail.

Maxios
2010-09-07, 04:05 PM
Alright guys, make a nature skill check.

Daisuke1133
2010-09-07, 04:07 PM
( [roll0] )

Maxios
2010-09-07, 04:18 PM
Good. You flawlessly pass the skill check. Like a master tracker, you find the beast up in the mountain peak, with is more then a cliff on sorts. Skeletons are littered about, as are piles of loot.
The beast stands in the middle. It see's you, and runs towards you (Daisuke) to try to tackle you to the ground. Make an athletics check.

Daisuke1133
2010-09-07, 04:19 PM
( [roll0]. Any roll of 12-17 counts as 18. )

Maxios
2010-09-07, 04:25 PM
Masterfully, you jump out of the beast's path. The beast nears the edge of the cliff, and skids to the stop. He turns around, and attempts to bite you [rolled attack 15]. Would this hit?

Daisuke1133
2010-09-07, 04:25 PM
( If that is the total with bonuses, then no. )

Maxios
2010-09-07, 04:27 PM
The beast bites empty air. It growls, and attempts to bite you again. [attack roll 20 with modifiers, would this hit?]

Gillric
2010-09-07, 04:28 PM
Not sure if I can follow someone else up there, like the one who already made it or not, if not
Nature - [roll0]

Daisuke1133
2010-09-07, 04:28 PM
( Yes, that beats my AC. )

Maxios
2010-09-07, 04:31 PM
Not sure if I can follow someone else up there, like the one who already made it or not, if not
Nature - [roll0]

You follow daisuke up to the peak/cliff

*Daisuke
The beast does [7] damage to you. It roars triupmhantly.

Daisuke1133
2010-09-07, 04:37 PM
( I assume the creature is in melee range? )

Gillric
2010-09-07, 04:43 PM
Snarn, upon seeing Erdan engaging the beast wades in with his longsword
[roll0] (Weight of Earth)

Maxios
2010-09-07, 04:46 PM
Daisuke: Yeah. He's right next to you

Gillric: You hit. Roll your damage,

Gillric
2010-09-07, 04:48 PM
The beast takes [roll0] and is slowed until the end of my next turn. Also as a free action the beast is marked by Snarn.

Maxios
2010-09-07, 04:49 PM
The beast roars in pain, but can't move. It whines angrily.

King Tius
2010-09-07, 04:49 PM
OOC: Woooooah, combat moves soooo fast. Don't we get to roll initiative? Maybe get a battle map?

Maxios
2010-09-07, 04:52 PM
OOC: Woooooah, combat moves soooo fast. Don't we get to roll initiative? Maybe get a battle map?

You have a good point. Everyone roll initative.
I'm working on a battle map right now, but how can I post it for everyone to see?

Gillric
2010-09-07, 04:54 PM
OOC

If you can get it up somewhere and link it in the thread we could all at least look at it probably.

Initiative - [roll0]

Daisuke1133
2010-09-07, 04:55 PM
( [roll0] )

Maxios
2010-09-07, 04:58 PM
OOC

If you can get it up somewhere and link it in the thread we could all at least look at it probably.

Initiative - [roll0]

Alirght, but do you know anywhere I can put it up on Gillric?

Gillric
2010-09-07, 05:00 PM
depends on what kind of map you are using and how fancy it is, another game I am in uses google docs and just has a spreadsheet map

King Tius
2010-09-07, 05:01 PM
I post my maps at www.imageshack.us/

Initiative: [roll0]

Maxios
2010-09-07, 05:02 PM
I'm using Microsoft paint to make the map Gillric. Thank's King Tius for giving me the link. I'll try to post in right now.

tcrudisi
2010-09-07, 09:49 PM
OOC: Sorry for not posting all day. Mondays and Tuesdays are my really busy days, so I won't get to post much on those days, if at all. (Yesterday being an exception due to Labor Day).

Taking off the remains of his armor, King Gator flexes and stretches for a moment and mutters something about the damn armor not being dwarven-made. Then he sprints to catch up to the others heading up the trail.

[roll0] for initiative (this is including the +2 from the Warlord).

To simplify things, I already know what my action will be, so you can take it on my init:

King Croc moves forward (speed is 6 now), cracking his knuckles and neck as he does so. Giving a little grin, he looks at the foul beast and asks it, "Ready fer round 2? This time I won't pet ya so nicely."

Then I grab it by the front paws and head-butt it (Grappling Strike).
To hit: [roll1] vs. AC for [roll2] damage and he's grabbed.

While grabbing him and head-butting him, I also tell the beast, "I ne'er knew a house cat could get so big!" (and now he's marked).

Maxios
2010-09-07, 10:43 PM
The beast yells, and attempts to get free [rolled athletics 19].

tcrudisi
2010-09-07, 10:51 PM
The Acrobatics and Athletics DC both go against my Fortitude (thanks to a feat) which is 20 - so he is still grabbed.

Maxios
2010-09-07, 10:53 PM
The beast roars indignantly, and can't escape. He tries to bite King Gator (attack roll 17 with modifiers).

Grimlock
2010-09-07, 11:20 PM
Initiative- [roll0]
Cam sees the others race up the mountain and hears the sound of battle. He heads off after them and sees the beast surrounded and attacked by his allies. He les out a wailing battle cry and runs into the melee.
He swings the butt of his axe at the creature's face, jabbing at it.
Furious Smash- v FORT
Attack- [roll1]
If hit-
Damage- 4 (my Strength mod)
and
King Gator can then make a basic melee attack with +4 to attack and damage
Take my move when it's my turn in the initiative order.

Sploosh
2010-09-08, 03:42 AM
Hearing his brothers in battle, Krieg sprints up the hill.

Iniative: 1d20+5

Assuming I can reach them in a single move action, I shout out.

"I hope I did not miss the party. It would surely be a crime to miss out on wetting my axe with such ugly beasts abound!"

OOC:

Sorry for not being here yesterday. I just moved yesterday and I was having problems getting my internet up and running.

Edit: It isnt showing the rolls for some reason. It worked fine in the test roll thread. (I rolled a 20 in that one of course :smalltongue: )

Sploosh
2010-09-08, 03:47 AM
[roll0]

Iniative take two

So 14 init counting warlord

tcrudisi
2010-09-08, 06:19 AM
The beast roars indignantly, and can't escape. He tries to bite King Gator (attack roll 17 with modifiers).

Yep, AC is 14 now, without my armor, so that hits.

Gillric
2010-09-08, 05:53 PM
I have no idea who's turn it is but on my turn I will do the following:

Snarn swings at the beast again with his longsword using Strength of Stone
[roll0]
Assuming it hits, Snarn deals [roll1] and gains 5 temporary hit points.

Daisuke1133
2010-09-08, 08:18 PM
( Not to add to the confusion but, I'm going to post my plans for my next turn and propose that we observe the initiative order from now on. )

Erdan draws his swords and performs a Knockdown Assault with his Longsword.
Attack: [roll0] vs. Fort
If successful
Damage: 4 dmg and the creature is knocked prone

Gillric
2010-09-09, 09:05 AM
Ok, so here is the Initiative List so far:

(Gillric) Snarn : 24
(Diasuke1133) : 20
(King Tius) : 15
(Sploosh) : 14
(Grimlock) Cam : 14
(tcrudisi) King Gator : 9

I don't know if everyone included the +2 from the warlord, I hadn't so I upped my score by 2, so that is King Tius, Myself, Sploosh, and tcrudisi that I know added the +2

King Tius
2010-09-09, 09:47 AM
OOC: I did not add the +2, so I'm really at 15.

Let's start things off nice and easy with a Chaos Bolt!
Attack: [roll0] vs Will
Damage: [roll1]

How hurt does the monster look?

Maxios
2010-09-09, 12:01 PM
King Gator takes 5 damage. Everyone's attacks hits the beast. It roars indignantly. It tries to tackle King Gator off of the cliffside. Make an athletics skill check, and because of how weak the beast is, you get a bonus +1 to the roll alongside your athletics bonus.

Sploosh
2010-09-09, 12:49 PM
On my turn ( I dont know if the atheltics roll would dramatically change the fight) Krieg attempts to decapicate the wounded beast with is axe.

"Enough playing around, let us end this demon!"

I'm moving into flanking and using my desperate fury encounter power

1d20+9 vs AC

if I hit I activate my furious assualt power and deal [roll0]

If I miss, I take 5 damage and reroll it as per desperate fury

[roll1]

and if I hit, I deal the above damage and if I miss again, I take an additonal 5 damage.

Sploosh
2010-09-09, 12:50 PM
The original roll didnt come up so I'll try that again if that is okay.

[roll0]

Maxios
2010-09-09, 02:09 PM
Your attacks hit home. The beast turns out, and attempts to ram both itself and you off the cliff. Make an athletics skill check.

Sploosh
2010-09-09, 05:50 PM
[roll0]

"Raaaaggh!"

Daisuke1133
2010-09-09, 05:59 PM
( I want to spend an action point to do something dramatic. If I may be permitted I'd like to use it to have my character grab hold of Krieg's arm and pull him up from the cliff side. )

Maxios
2010-09-09, 10:13 PM
Sploosh, the beast hits you. You take 7 damage. You and the beast ram towards the cliff's edge. You both tumble off (50 foot drop). The beast slams into the ground, taking 45 damage and is defeat. Sploosh, make one last athletics check to see if you grab a holding.

Daisuke, you can do that if you run over there and use your point to be able to grab Sploosh.

Sploosh
2010-09-09, 10:15 PM
[roll0]

Krieg gets tackled off the edge, the beast flying past him. He claws his hands into the cliff, fingers clawing for a hand hold.

Daisuke1133
2010-09-09, 10:20 PM
( Okay. Expending my Action Point to have Erdan grab Kreig. )

"Damnit!" Erdan exclaims as he runs toward the cliff's edge, throwing his swords to either side as he does so. Just as Krieg's hand is about to slip from the clifftop, Erdan grabs hold of it stopping Krieg and giving him time to gain purchase with which to climb back up.

"Give me some help here! I'm not sure how long I can keep holding him up like this!"

Sploosh
2010-09-09, 10:22 PM
"You have my thanks, brother. Know that I will not rest until this debt is repaid."

Maxios
2010-09-09, 10:24 PM
You guys have reached a milestone. You all gain 1 action point. I now suggest you start the looting.

Sploosh
2010-09-09, 10:38 PM
I attempt to climb back up to the top.

1d20+11

then clasp Erdan on the shoulder.

"We should see what is in its den. There could be more of them"

tcrudisi
2010-09-09, 10:38 PM
King Croc:

After making sure that everyone is okay first... and helping Kreig back up to the top, King Croc will go into the cave, still wary that more of the beasts might exist. KC worries that traps or an ambush might be on the horizon, so he takes his time entering in, making sure that it is safe.

[roll0] Perception check.

"Well, it looks safe 'nuff fer me!"

/edit and OOC: Sploosh, the dice roller won't work on an edit, so you'll just have to re-roll in a new post.

Sploosh
2010-09-09, 10:41 PM
I figured as much, I just feel like a fool for all the mistyped rolls that cause double posts. :(

[roll0]

Kreig will follow King Croc assuming that he gets up safely. He looks over Croc's shoulder and has his axe ready in his hands.

Daisuke1133
2010-09-09, 10:43 PM
Erdan replies to Krieg, "Agreed."

Erdan turns to Croc and says, "We should still be careful all the same. I've heard tales of monsters that could fool the senses of any creature."

Maxios
2010-09-09, 10:45 PM
You all get 500 XP for beating the Beast. Add it to your total. Don't split the XP, as everyone get's 500 XP.

Grimlock
2010-09-09, 11:39 PM
Taken aback by the ferocity of the beasts attack, Cam is slow to react! Suddenly he sees Erdan dash past and fling himself after the beast and helps pull Krieg back up. Well done my friends, a short but savage fight! Does anyone need healing? He trudges after the others up to the beast's lair. Listening to Erdan's words, Cam pays all the more attention to the world around him!
Nature- [roll0]
perception-[roll1]

Grimlock
2010-09-09, 11:40 PM
Sorry for double post
Perception- [roll0]

Sploosh
2010-09-09, 11:43 PM
"I need no healing but could use a moment to catch my breath."

Camelot
2010-09-10, 07:16 AM
A half-orc wearing simple clothing and carrying a walking stick barges down the path towards the group. "I thought I heard battle," he says upon seeing the dead beast. He introduces himself to the nearest members of the group as Kemreg. "Need any help?"

Gillric
2010-09-10, 08:38 AM
Snarn, seeing that the beast has fallen begins to examine the plateau

perception - [roll0]

Let us see what we can discover. There may be more than one of the creatures our we may find the equipment left behind by the beast's victims.

Grimlock
2010-09-10, 09:07 AM
Cam looks up at the half-orc, Welcome friend, I'm Cam. You are? He pauses for a moment,The Beast itself is dead, although we don't know if there are any more in these mountains He galances around at scenery, trying to find a trail which leads back to the beasts lair!

Maxios
2010-09-10, 03:40 PM
Alright then. Gillric. You find: 500 GP, Scale Armor, Flameseeker (Longsword that does +1 Fire Damage whenever damage is dealt using it), and a Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds.

Grimlock, you notice a small nature path mostly obscured by some bushes.

Maxios
2010-09-10, 03:44 PM
Oh yeah guys, we got a new player. Forgot to mention it. Heh.

Gillric
2010-09-10, 03:45 PM
OOC

Flameseeker - does it have a page reference?
Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds?? (3.5?)

IC
Hey, I found a set of scale armour, anybody want it?

Maxios
2010-09-10, 03:48 PM
This is 4e. Whoops...a potion that when drank heals the drinker for 2d8 called Potion of Cure*homebrew*
Flameseeker: Homebrewed Magic Weapon.

Gillric
2010-09-10, 03:49 PM
OOC
As the potion is homebrewed, does it use a healing surge?

Maxios
2010-09-10, 04:15 PM
Yes. It heals you equal to the value of your healing surge +3. It's 1 use only, and weighs 1 pound.

Gillric
2010-09-10, 04:19 PM
Snarn, having completed his examination of the plateau, heads towards the cave to search its interior. Looking for any traces of additional creatures.
Perception - [roll0]

Daisuke1133
2010-09-10, 04:21 PM
Erdan follows Snarn into the cave and keeps a lookout for anything that might be valuable or suspicious.

Perception Check
[roll0]

Maxios
2010-09-10, 04:28 PM
Gillric, you notice see a man in tattered clothing hiding in the corner of the xave. Beside him is a smashed caravan and wood shards, and you see a glint of gold in a few spots.
Daisuke, your character sees the same thing.

Gillric
2010-09-10, 04:34 PM
Upon seeing the frightened man, Don't be frightened, the beast has been slain. How did you come to be here? Where are you headed?

Maxios
2010-09-10, 04:39 PM
"I was a merchant. The beast destroyed my caravan and ran off with the goods, including a magic longsword. I fled into this cave, and haven't come out since." The merchant said shaking.

Daisuke1133
2010-09-10, 04:45 PM
Erdan searches through the wreckage to find any sort of medical supplies.

Perception Check
[roll0]

Maxios
2010-09-10, 04:47 PM
Erdan finds another potion like on the one described before. He also finds 5 gold pieces.

Gillric
2010-09-10, 04:56 PM
Was there only one beast? Also, what did this longsword you lost look like?

Maxios
2010-09-10, 04:57 PM
"Aye. There was only one. The longsword was of normal length, but had a redish aura, and was hot to the touch." The merchan tsaid

OOC: This fit's the description of Flameseeker perfectly.

Gillric
2010-09-10, 05:02 PM
I believe I have located your missing sword, allow me to return it to you.

Maxios
2010-09-10, 05:03 PM
"Thank you kind sir." The merchant said. In reutrn for the sword, eh hands you a bag. When the bag is opened, it has 100 GP in it and a few days rations.
"I Put everything left in this bag." he explains.

Gillric
2010-09-10, 05:08 PM
You are most welcome sir, always willing to help someone in need.

Maxios
2010-09-10, 05:48 PM
The merchant got up, and bowed. He ran out of the cave.

Gillric
2010-09-10, 06:06 PM
When the merchant runs out of the cave, Snarn turns and, Looks like that was the only one of the creatures, we should probably head back to town.

King Tius
2010-09-10, 06:44 PM
The crazy little sorcerer looks rather perplexed as the party meets the scared man in the cave. He seems even more perplexed as the man takes the sword and departs.

"Something tells me that sword was worth a good deal more than 100g."

Gillric
2010-09-10, 06:53 PM
It is not the worth of the item that is in question, it rightly belonged to the merchant and in good conscience we could not have kept it.

OOC

It was only a +1 to damage, a normal lvl 1 item gives you more than that. Usually +1 to hit as well as a power if your lucky and a bonus to damage on a crit.

Daisuke1133
2010-09-10, 07:29 PM
"Indeed," Erdan agrees. "We are adventurers, not common bandits and thieves. That sword was a part of the man's livelihood, and was his most only good to sell now."

tcrudisi
2010-09-10, 07:35 PM
King Croc:

"Aye. I have no quarrel with 'em having the sword so long as it wer really his. I woulda liked to make sure it wer his, first. But what's done is done."

Gillric
2010-09-10, 07:50 PM
I feel fairly confident that the sword was truly his. He was ably to describe it without knowing that I had it or having seen the sword I was carrying.

Camelot
2010-09-11, 08:20 AM
"My name is Kemreg," the half-orc said. "I'd say you can call me Kem, but I don't want to get confused with Cam!" He laughs an extremely loud laugh that scares the more jittery of the group.

When the sword is handed over, Kemreg's eyes go dark. "I don't feel comfortable giving a dangerous weapon like that to someone we just met. I would have liked for one of you to keep it, so I could keep an eye on it. But not this time..."

Sploosh
2010-09-11, 09:22 AM
"That weakling would pose no threat if Kord himself gave him his weapon. Besides, even if that were not so, we would simply take it back and we would be doing so as heroes, not bandits."

Gillric
2010-09-11, 09:34 AM
Discussing the merits of returning the sword to the merchant are pointless at this point, whats done is done. I think we best be returning to our employer to inform him that we have slain the beast. Snarn turns and starts back down the mountain path to the main trail below.

Grimlock
2010-09-11, 10:48 AM
Staying silent and watching the discussion concerning the sword! Cam gives one last check around the beast's lair before nodding at Snarn's words and following him out of the lair and back down the trail!
[roll0]- Perception

tcrudisi
2010-09-11, 10:50 AM
Staying silent and watching the discussion concerning the sword! Cam gives one last check around the beast's lair before nodding at Snarn's words and following him out of the lair and back down the trail!
[roll0]

OOC: Epic roll! :smalltongue:

Daisuke1133
2010-09-11, 10:51 AM
Erdan retrieves his swords and sheaths them as the others debate the merits of giving the sword to the merchant. When the conversation ends, Erdan goes with the others, sticking close to Krieg as they travel back to town.

Grimlock
2010-09-11, 10:57 AM
Cam, suddenly unable to perceive...well...anything really drifts along in his own little world, staring vacantly into space. So, my friends. Once we have visited our employer I suggest a well earned drink at a decent tavern!
(OOC- thanks Tcrudisi! I have a rare and powerful dice rolling gift!)

tcrudisi
2010-09-11, 11:02 AM
King Croc:

After making sure that everyone is okay first... and helping Kreig back up to the top, King Croc will go into the cave, still wary that more of the beasts might exist. KC worries that traps or an ambush might be on the horizon, so he takes his time entering in, making sure that it is safe.

[roll0] Perception check.

"Well, it looks safe 'nuff fer me!"

OOC: I've still not heard anything from this post, but I'll assume that I won't get anything new since you've already responded to others who gave Perception checks.

King Croc:
IC: "Well, someone needs ta retrieve that body to show tha (Lord? I can't remember his title). I want to show 'im that we did tha job. I can climb down tha cliff with a rope so others can haul it up."

King Croc then ties his, and another (any volunteers for another section of rope?) around himself and hands the other end to whoever looks strongest. "In case I fall." Then he pulls out his climber's kit.

Then, King Croc will take the easiest way down that he can see. The first roll is for Perception to find the easiest way down, the second is for Athletics to climb down.

[roll0] for Perception
[roll1] for Athetlics

Gillric
2010-09-11, 11:22 AM
As Snarn starts down the path, he catches a glimpse of King Croc preparing to lower himself over the edge of the cliff. Signalling to Krieg, If he is going over the edge, would you assist me in holding the safety line?

Sploosh
2010-09-11, 11:26 AM
"Very well, if your weak little arms cannot hold this alone."

Gillric
2010-09-11, 11:37 AM
I am quite capable of holding him myself, I just would prefer to take an extra precaution to keep him from falling 50feet. Watch who you insult.

Maxios
2010-09-11, 04:13 PM
OOC: I've still not heard anything from this post, but I'll assume that I won't get anything new since you've already responded to others who gave Perception checks.

King Croc:
IC: "Well, someone needs ta retrieve that body to show tha (Lord? I can't remember his title). I want to show 'im that we did tha job. I can climb down tha cliff with a rope so others can haul it up."

King Croc then ties his, and another (any volunteers for another section of rope?) around himself and hands the other end to whoever looks strongest. "In case I fall." Then he pulls out his climber's kit.

Then, King Croc will take the easiest way down that he can see. The first roll is for Perception to find the easiest way down, the second is for Athletics to climb down.

[roll0] for Perception
[roll1] for Athetlics

Alright, you see the beast's corpse down below, and find an easy way down. You climb to the bottom easily.

OOC: To clarify, his title and name is the Baron Darofski.

Gillric
2010-09-11, 05:07 PM
Athletics to pull the corpse back up - [roll0]

tcrudisi
2010-09-11, 05:45 PM
Athletics to pull the corpse back up - [roll0]

King Croc, after having tied the corpse to the rope, looks up with respect at Snarn with respect. "Ach, you be a strong one!"

Then, catching his breath momentarily, he brings out his climbers kit and starts to climb up the cliff to join the others.

[roll0] Athletics to climb up the cliff.

Maxios
2010-09-11, 07:08 PM
You all succeed in your endeavors, and lift the beast up. You also succed in your climbing of the cliff flawlessly.

tcrudisi
2010-09-11, 08:15 PM
King Croc:

"Well, this ought ta prove our task and maybe make a nice trophy fer Baron Darofski"

KC then goes about finding a couple of big sticks, ties them together with rope, and uses that to help drag the beast behind him down the mountain.

"Hmm... this looks like it might'n be fun fer sliding down the mountain. Anyone wanna make a sport from it? We can call it Monster Sleddin'."

Maxios
2010-09-11, 11:17 PM
(OOC: Monster Sledding: That's interesting, certainly never been done before. Perhaps the characters could do this later on in an action-packed, exciting moment I have planned out later on :smallwink:)

Grimlock
2010-09-12, 02:34 PM
Cam strolls over to King Crock and lends his shoulder to help drag the beast. So, do you thinkwe can talk the Baron into upping the reward? Or at least recommend us to others to get some more work!

Maxios
2010-09-12, 02:56 PM
(OOC: To clarify, the baron has offered a 350 GP reward. If you make a succesful diplomacy check while confronting him, you get 500 GP)

Gillric
2010-09-12, 02:59 PM
Maybe we can talk him into a larger bounty for the beast, but we should be getting back to the town.

Grimlock
2010-09-12, 03:09 PM
I agree. The sooner we return to town the better. Cam picks up the pace on his bit of rope.

tcrudisi
2010-09-12, 03:14 PM
King Croc:

"Nobody wants to slide down tha mountain on tha monster sled, eh? Bah."

KC then picks up the pace as well.

King Tius
2010-09-12, 09:19 PM
The crazy little gnome shrugs and falls into line behind the rest of the group heading down the path.

Sploosh
2010-09-12, 09:23 PM
"I agree with the dwarf. Think of the tales such a feat would create! Very well though, let us continue."

Kreig follows behind the others.

Camelot
2010-09-13, 12:38 PM
Kemreg says, "Maybe you should save this freshly killed beast and wooden sled for a bonfire. I could certainly help in that respect."

Gillric
2010-09-13, 12:49 PM
If we burn the beast we can't present it to the Baron as proof that we have eliminated the threat to travelers.

Grimlock
2010-09-13, 01:13 PM
The Baron needs proof of the beast's death. We show him, talk him into giving us a bigger reward and then move on to more money!
(OOC- My +9 Diplomacy will hopefully get us the extra cash!)

Camelot
2010-09-13, 06:27 PM
"Burn it after you show it to him. Such a bonfire would make a fine celebration for the slaying of this beast. Anysuch, it sounds like you really need to head back to this baron fellow. I hope you don't mind if I join you; I'm going the same way." Kemreg seems very civilized for a half-orc.

Maxios
2010-09-13, 06:59 PM
Hey Camelot, can you post your character's stats on here?

Camelot
2010-09-14, 08:07 PM
Kemreg, Half-Orc Wizard

ABILITY SCORES
Str 17, Con 14, Dex 18, Int 18, Wis 9, Cha 17

DEFENSES
AC 14, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 15

HIT POINTS
HP: 24 (Bloodied 12, Surge Value 6)
HS: 8 per day

RACE FEATURES
+2 Str, +2 Dex
Half-Orc Resilience
Swift Charge
Furious Assault

CLASS FEATURES
Arcane Implement Mastery: Wand of Accuracy
Cantrips
Ritual Casting
Spellbook

LANGUAGES
Common, Giant

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +9, Diplomacy +8, History +9, Intimidate +10

OTHER SKILLS
Endurance +4

FEATS
Ritual Caster
Destructive Wizardry

AT-WILL POWERS
Cantrips
Erupting Flare
Scorching Burst

ENCOUNTER POWERS
Furious Assault
Burning Hands

DAILY POWERS
Freezing Cloud/Summon Fire Warrior

RITUALS
Make Whole
Simbul's Conversion
Tenser's Floating Disk

EQUIPMENT
Quarterstaff, daggers: 3, wand, cloth armor, spellbook: 123 blank pages, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, hempen rope: 50 feet, sunrods: 2, trail rations: 10 days, waterskin, alchemical reagents: 70

Maxios
2010-09-15, 11:46 AM
Alright, tbose are good.

Gillric
2010-09-15, 02:19 PM
You can certainly join us Kemreg. Snarn continues down the path in front of those dragging the corpse of the beast.

Maxios
2010-09-16, 11:11 PM
The beast is really heavy when you drag him, and you're surprised such a heavy beast was so nimble and quick.

tcrudisi
2010-09-16, 11:19 PM
The beast is really heavy when you drag him, and you're surprised such a heavy beast was so nimble and quick.

[roll0] An endurance roll to keep pulling him for as long as possible. When I get tired, I'll let someone else take a turn.

Maxios
2010-09-17, 12:20 PM
Alright, you succeed masterfully on your endurance check. Right now, you're about 15 minutes from the town.

Camelot
2010-09-19, 08:40 AM
Kemreg approaches Krieg. "Greeting, brother," he says. "It's good to meet another travelling half-orc. What clan are you from?"

Sploosh
2010-09-20, 10:46 AM
Krieg clasps Kemreg on the shoulder. "Clan Manyarrows."

Camelot
2010-09-20, 12:44 PM
"Manyarrows...sounds a little familiar. Do you know anything about the Stonebark clan? Pardon, I guess I'm asking too many personal questions. I'm just trying to learn of the history of who my clan has dealt with."

Sploosh
2010-09-20, 04:28 PM
"Sharing the glory of your ancestors is never a bad thing. Perhaps we might do so, one day. When the stench of a demon is not weighing us down."

Grimlock
2010-09-20, 11:19 PM
Cam, smiles to himself as he hears the two Half Orcs chatting. Ah, it's good to find someone you can connect with he thinks, remembering his own lack of family and the tragic events surrounding his birth. After a pause he shakes his head and carries on pulling the monster with Croc.

Maxios
2010-09-21, 11:06 AM
Alright. With two people carrying it, you don't need to make endurance checks. Right now, you're about 10 minutes away from the town.

Gillric
2010-09-21, 11:10 AM
As they continue towards town, Snarn keeps a watchful eye on the surroundings in case something is drawn to the carcase they are dragging.

PERCEPTION: [roll0]

While looking for threats, the minotaur also checks for anything edible that he can forage to add to his supplies.

NATURE: [roll1]

Maxios
2010-09-21, 12:31 PM
You don't see anything perculiar. You also find some fruit and vegetables that are edible.

Gillric
2010-09-21, 01:57 PM
MMM, Foragables. Guess I won't be going hungry at least regardless of what we get paid by this Baron. Snarn keeps walking along towards town after collecting some edible fruits and vegetables.

Maxios
2010-09-21, 03:02 PM
Now you're about a couple minutes away from the town.

Gillric
2010-09-21, 07:06 PM
OOC:
I am assuming we can see the town.

Well, looks like we are approaching the town, does anyone remember which house belongs to the baron?

Maxios
2010-09-21, 08:27 PM
(I could actually make you guys roll perception to find the house. Crazy RPG huh? :smallamused:)

By now you're about 5 yards away from the town's entrance.

Gillric
2010-09-21, 08:33 PM
OOC:
Are there guards at the entrance to the town? If not I am about to look really foolish....

Snarn steps up to the entrance to the town and addresses one of the guards standing there. Take us to see the Baron please, we have slain the beast that was preventing travel along the northern road.

Maxios
2010-09-21, 08:37 PM
"And be that it?" a guard says nervouisly pointing his halberd towards the beast's corpse.

The guards who were escorting you way ago to destroy the beast enter the city.

Gillric
2010-09-21, 08:41 PM
OOC:
Hmm, forgot about those guards that were with us, should have just asked them for directions.....

Seeing the other guards entering the town, Snarn points to them and Yes, this is the beast. If you have doubts, ask your fellow guardsmen there, they were with us when we killed it.

Maxios
2010-09-21, 08:47 PM
OOC
I forgot myself about the guards

"Don't worry, we believe you. Come on, we'll take you to the good Baron Durofski." one guard said walking away, motioning for the group to follow.

Gillric
2010-09-22, 07:51 AM
Snarn picks up the litter bearing the body of the beast and begins following the guards to the Baron's home.

Athletics: [roll0]
Endurance:[roll1]

Grimlock
2010-09-22, 09:54 AM
Helping Snarn with the beast's corpse, Cam follows the guards, eyeing up the buildings around him as he heads towards the mansion of Baron Durofski. As he goes, he strikes up conversation with the guards. So, how long have you been troubled by the beast?

Maxios
2010-09-22, 02:14 PM
"5 months. It attacked all passerby and carvans going through the pass." one guard said.

Gillric
2010-09-23, 10:48 AM
5 months? That must have seriously limited trade. Had no one else attempted to slay the beast?

Maxios
2010-09-23, 02:49 PM
"Of course. But they all failed in their endeavors." the guard said gruffly. "Unlike you it seems."

Sploosh
2010-09-23, 02:52 PM
*Krieg snorts in contempt* "What happened to all of your warriors?"

Maxios
2010-09-23, 02:53 PM
"Dead. Those not insane fled from the beast's might." The guard said even gruffer then before.

Sploosh
2010-09-23, 02:57 PM
"How fortunate then it seems, that you have been blessed with the company of madmen."\

Maxios
2010-09-23, 03:01 PM
"And how is that fortunate?" the guard said.

Sploosh
2010-09-23, 03:04 PM
Krieg gestures to the corpse of the beast.

Grimlock
2010-09-23, 03:24 PM
Cam purses his lips thoughtfully. Some of your warriors were insane you say? Did the beast cause their madness, or was it the result of something else? If it has another cause that is most worrying!

Maxios
2010-09-23, 06:39 PM
"Half mad from battle...half mad from something else." the guard shudders as he says it.

Gillric
2010-09-24, 06:12 AM
Snarn, hearing the guard, turns to him, Something else? Please elaborate, this may prove important to the safety of the surrounding area.

Maxios
2010-09-24, 11:57 AM
"Goblins and Orcs. Invading armies. Undead." the guard said.

Gillric
2010-09-24, 12:03 PM
Invading armies? This is the first I have heard about invading armies. How did this make them go insane though?

Maxios
2010-09-24, 12:05 PM
"From ceaseless fighting in battles. They weren't soldiers like I, more barbarians driven crazy by batte lust." the guard said.

Gillric
2010-09-24, 12:15 PM
Does this settlement get invaded often?

Camelot
2010-09-24, 02:30 PM
"How do these armies fight? Do they use swords and shields? Magic perhaps? Specifically, do they attempt to burn the city to the ground?"

EDIT: Whoops, missed a page...

Maxios
2010-09-24, 04:15 PM
"A duke or a baron wants more land every few years and tries to take over the town. They usually use magic or swords or crossbows. They don't want to destroy the town, just take it over." the guard says.

Sploosh
2010-09-24, 08:18 PM
Krieg chuckles, "All barbarians are a little crazy."

Maxios
2010-09-24, 09:02 PM
"Aye. That is true." the guard says. He stops, and motions for you to the enter the mansion that stands before you.
"This is the good Baron's house."

Gillric
2010-09-25, 03:43 PM
Snarn turns to the guard, Thank you for bringing us here.

Maxios
2010-09-25, 06:04 PM
"You're welcome." the guard says gruffly. He then walks away.

Gillric
2010-09-26, 09:17 AM
Snarn steps up to the door of the mansion and speaks to the servant at the door. Notify your lord that we have returned and that we have slain the beast. I believe there is the matter of payment to be resolved.

Maxios
2010-09-26, 12:33 PM
"Okay then." the servant says and enters the house. Mintutes later, the Baron Durofski walks out.
"By Pelor, you slayed the beast!?!?" he says excidetedly.

Gillric
2010-09-26, 07:41 PM
Aye, the beast is dead and we have brought its body back as proof. Snarn steps aside to allow the baron to see corpse.

Grimlock
2010-09-26, 11:15 PM
Cam looks up at the Baron. 'Twas a brutal fight and the beast showed more than just animal cunning. It is no surprise that it has terrorised this area for so long. However, now it will cause you no more problems. As for the matter of payment....

Camelot
2010-09-27, 10:18 AM
"You don't have to pay me," Kemreg says. "I just joined the party after the fact."

Maxios
2010-09-27, 12:57 PM
"That's the beast? My Pelor that's a simple lion!" the baron said somewhat annoyed. "And of course you'll be paid if you helped slay it!"

Gillric
2010-09-27, 01:24 PM
A simple lion? Nay, the beast fought like no lion I have ever encountered. If it appears to be only a simple lion then I fear there is magic at work here.

Maxios
2010-09-27, 01:26 PM
"Perhaps. Perhaps it was a shapeshifter taking the form of a lion or some sort of magically created beast." the baron said.

tcrudisi
2010-09-27, 04:11 PM
I've been sick for over a week now and it's not letting up. The test results came back as strep throat and they suspect I either picked up a common cold or mono at the same time. If I'm not better by Friday they are running more tests. -- I'm not quitting the game, I just wanted to let everyone know why I have not been posting.

Maxios
2010-09-27, 05:34 PM
It's alright. No one expects you to play if you're sick.

Camelot
2010-09-27, 10:17 PM
Kemreg looks at the rest of the adventurers. "It took you that much effort to kill a lion? Hoog, I could do that by myself," he joked.

Then to the baron, he says, "What would you have us do from here, chief?"

Sploosh
2010-09-27, 10:34 PM
"Lions do not talk."

Grimlock
2010-09-27, 11:28 PM
Nor do lions breath acidic mist which disolves armour! the dwarf growled, This is like nothing else I have seen, it is puzzling....Also, one of your guards was telling us you have been plagued by a series of attacks.

Maxios
2010-09-28, 10:31 AM
"Armor destruction breath?" The baron says shuddering. "Alright, we've been attacled by rival barons and dukes a lot recently, all wanting more territory then the others. Then there was that whole undead incident beneath the town, and then the great goblin seige.."

Grimlock
2010-09-28, 10:40 AM
You seem to have been struck by an unreasonable run of bad luck Baron. Maybe that luck will change now you have had some success with our victory over this beast! Is there any other way we can be of service? We all crave adventure, and coin, you seem to be a man with many problems. Cam takes a moment to let the Baron think. We can alleviate some of those problems I'm sure

Maxios
2010-09-28, 10:51 AM
"Alright. Kavlar Coppernight is a dwarf prospector who had a dozen volunteers, Several mon ths ago, they began underground excavatoion and mining operations. We sent 2 dozen of our soldiers over there to protect them from any threats. We haven't heard of any of them since." the baron says grimly. He also hands you a big brown bag with 75 GP, your reward.

Gillric
2010-09-28, 03:00 PM
Aye, I'm interested in the job but it had better pay more than the last one.

Daisuke1133
2010-09-28, 03:06 PM
(( OOC: sorry for not posting much I'm not really one for playing a party face and I'm still trying to get an exact feel for this character. ))

"I agree, let us hear this task and see it done."

Maxios
2010-09-28, 04:02 PM
"You will get paid a lot more. 300 GP, and whatever loot's in the mines." the baron says.
"But be warned, a passerby reported that there's kobolds near the mines."

Grimlock
2010-09-28, 11:45 PM
Cam takes the bag of money and hefts it in his hands, enjoying the weight of the gold. Very well Baron, it seems we have a group consensus to take the job. Where are these mines. As he talks the dwarven warlord splits the money up amongst the party. I say we stock up on supplies and then visit a pub before setting off tomorrow!
I'm not sure who's still in the game, so can't divide up the loot. Also Maxios- what kind of shops are available to us here? Any limitations?

Sploosh
2010-09-29, 12:14 AM
"I agree with the dwarf, we should heal our wounds before we spill more blood."

Gillric
2010-09-29, 07:24 AM
Before we leave town, if none of you want the Scale Armor I found on that plateau I will be selling it.

OOC

How many of us are there in the party anyway?

Sploosh
2010-09-29, 08:30 AM
"What else did you find?"

Gillric
2010-09-29, 08:34 AM
A sword which I returned to its rightful owner, a potion, and some gold.

Sploosh
2010-09-29, 08:36 AM
"I see. So you wouldn't mind buying our supplies while you sell the armor, I take it."

Gillric
2010-09-29, 08:41 AM
I will gladly split the gold with the party and then you can buy your own supplies. As no one is interested in the armor I will claim that as my own and as such the profits from it.

Sploosh
2010-09-29, 08:43 AM
"I guess that works too."
Krieg goes off looking for the nearest supply store.

Grimlock
2010-09-29, 09:06 AM
OOC For everyone
We have the 75 gold from the Baron to split between the party, plus what ever people found in the lair. I think the players are currently; Grimlock, Sploosh, Gillric, Daisuke1133, Camelot and tcrudisi (6 of us)- Working out at 12 gold and 50 silvers per character.

Gillric
2010-09-29, 09:10 AM
OOC for everyone
Add 100GP to that for each of us as I found 600 at the plateau.

Maxios
2010-09-29, 10:37 AM
The shops in the town include a general store (Which has every item in the player's book for adventuring such as lanterns or rations or bedrolls) and an armory (which has normal weapons and armor)

Until someone says they're not in the game, they're still in. If they're not posting, just godmod and assume they're with you

Grimlock
2010-09-29, 10:41 AM
OOC for everyone
That should be 12 gold and 5 silver not 50 silver!

Gillric
2010-09-29, 10:47 AM
OOC:
What percentage of cost do we get for selling something? And is everything at the listed price for buying?

Maxios
2010-09-29, 10:59 AM
Buying is listed price. Selling is 50% of normal cost, 100% if anyone here has an 18 charisma.

Gillric
2010-09-29, 11:28 AM
Snarn goes to the armory and looks over the items for sale, deciding not to purchase any of the items he approaches the proprietor, I have a set of scale armor to sell you, what will you give me for it?

The man behind the counter takes the armor and gives it a quick examination, I will give you 22 gold and 5 silver for it.

Snarn nods his acceptance of the offer, Aye, that is an acceptable price, thank you good sir. Snarn then turns and leaves the store to find a place to trade more mundane equipment.

Upon reaching the general store he is quickly drawn to the Everburning Torch on display. Grasping it, he walks to the counter, I would like to purchase this torch, I will give you these two sunrods for it in addition to 48 gold coins, is this an acceptable offer?

When the proprietor accepts the deal Snarn gladly makes the exchange and heads to meet up with the rest of his allies to begin their new task.

Grimlock
2010-09-29, 12:54 PM
Seeing Snarn's everburning torch, Cam is filled with envy and heads off to the general store. Striding in he picks up the torch and then spots a climbing kit. Hmmmmm, heading down to a mine, muses the dwarf, there may be some climbing needed. Collecting his purchases he makes his way to the shop keeper. Here good sir, he says and hands over his money. Strolling out to join Snarn he looks up, Fancy a drink? and eyes up a pub over the road.

Sploosh
2010-09-29, 02:58 PM
Krieg walks into the shop, placing a pair of footpads, a crowbar, and an everburning torch on the counter. "I am looking for a tracker, is there one in town?"

Is it possible to buy martial practices here? I'd like to snag Tracker's Eye if I can.

Maxios
2010-09-29, 03:20 PM
Sure. You can buy one.

Camelot
2010-09-29, 06:18 PM
As the others go off to do their chores, Kemreg pockets his money and waits where they decided to meet back up. "Humph," he thinks. "We're wasting time with these errands. I want to see things burn."

Maxios
2010-09-29, 06:26 PM
Hey Camelot, I noticed you didn't post your character's alignment on his sheet.

Camelot
2010-09-29, 06:39 PM
Hey Camelot, I noticed you didn't post your character's alignment on his sheet.

T)

I have Kemreg as unaligned (going with the 3e alignments, probably chaotic good). He has just goals, but iffy ways of going about achieving them. Don't worry, as a fellow DM I will definitely not rampage through the campaign killing important NPCs or anything. =)

Maxios
2010-09-29, 06:41 PM
Oh no it's okay. I was just wondering why there was no alignment.

Daisuke1133
2010-09-29, 08:22 PM
Erdan heads to the provisioner's store to sell his trail rations and buy a climber's kit and a tenday's worth of Journeybread rations.

"Thank you my good man. These will come in very useful."

Sploosh
2010-09-29, 09:15 PM
Krieg then wanders off, to learn the ancient art of tracking from the half elf known only as "Mantracker". He then marches to the tavern to join his comrades and swap tales of valor.

tcrudisi
2010-09-29, 10:20 PM
Before we leave town, if none of you want the Scale Armor I found on that plateau I will be selling it.

OOC

How many of us are there in the party anyway?

King Croc speaks up: Aye, I wan tha armor. Mine was destroyed by the beasts bad breath. My skin is tough, but I prefer arrows to hit armor.

Gillric
2010-09-30, 06:51 AM
Aye King Croc, you can have the scale armour. Snarn passes the armour over.

Sploosh
2010-09-30, 10:18 AM
Krieg looks over at his companions, "Are we ready to go?"

Maxios
2010-09-30, 10:49 AM
Hey guys, we just got another player on the recruitment thread wanting to join.
Or in Einstein's Terms:
"A New fighter has joined the fray!"

Sploosh
2010-09-30, 10:51 AM
The more the merrier :smalltongue:

Gillric
2010-09-30, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure Krieg, has everyone returned from their shopping? If so, we should not waste more time while there may be others in danger.

Grimlock
2010-09-30, 11:00 AM
I think we should head to the mine without delay. If there is a chance of saving lives speed is of the essence. he checks to see if his new companions have all arrived back. Once they are all gathered he sets off to the area indicated by the Baron.
OOC
If you're happy to DM another player Maxios, bring him/her aboard! As Sploosh said the more the needled!

Sploosh
2010-09-30, 11:12 AM
"I agree, lets go."

Daisuke1133
2010-09-30, 11:32 AM
Erdan shoulders his pack and says, "Yes, now that we are prepared, let it be done."

Maxios
2010-09-30, 11:38 AM
Oh my god, I just realized with another player there's 12 of you or something. Good, that means I can give your harder encounters!

Gillric
2010-09-30, 11:41 AM
OOC
COUGH COUGH, there are 7 of us now I think, not 12 lol, something says that with 12 we would be 2 competing parties....