PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help

dragonsamurai77
2010-09-06, 02:43 PM
How optimized is this pair of (Core + some UA only) characters? I'm trying to get accepted for the Neverending Dungeon (the gestalt one), and I hear you have to be almost perfect to survive.

Character 1 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=237972)
Character 2 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=238144)

Andion Isurand
2010-09-06, 03:09 PM
For Character 1...

I would recommend Keen Intellect from OA 3.5 (Dragon Magazine 318) as a first level only feat if its allowed, given that it is an ancestor feat and it could be argued that any race with an intelligence bonus probably has ancestors with a keen intellect.

The feat basically allows you to use your Intelligence modifier instead of your Wisdom modfier for Will saves, as well as for Heal, Sense Motive, Spot and Survival checks.

dragonsamurai77
2010-09-06, 03:10 PM
For Character 1...

I would recommend Keen Intellect from OA 3.5 (Dragon Magazine 318) as a first level only feat if its allowed, given that it is an ancestor feat and it could be argued that any race with an intelligence bonus probably has ancestors with a keen intellect.

The feat basically allows you to use your Intelligence modifier instead of your Wisdom modfier for Will saves, as well as for Heal, Sense Motive, Spot and Survival checks.

Sadly, no Dragon Magazine is allowed.

Kaww
2010-09-06, 03:10 PM
At the cost of sounding stupid druid/(sorcerer or wizard)? Later arcane hierophant/(Something that can be beaten up until the universe ends)?

The Rabbler
2010-09-06, 03:11 PM
How optimized is this pair of (Core + some UA only) characters? I'm trying to get accepted for the Neverending Dungeon (the gestalt one), and I hear you have to be almost perfect to survive.

Character 1 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=237972)
Character 2 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=238144)

honestly, those won't do very well. the duo dungeon is far harder than the solo dungeon and to even attempt the solo dungeon, you need to be rather optimized. There is probably a reason that you're using core only, but I would strongly suggest using other sources.

Also, because of the limited nature of it, magic is generally avoided in the NED. And you might want to reconsider banning abjuration, as it's one of the more powerful schools; I'd drop Evocation (unless color spray is evocation, mind you (I can never remember)) in it's stead, as blasting is a very limited tactic.

dragonsamurai77
2010-09-06, 03:13 PM
honestly, those won't do very well. the duo dungeon is far harder than the solo dungeon and to even attempt the solo dungeon, you need to be rather optimized. There is probably a reason that you're using core only, but I would strongly suggest using other sources.

Also, because of the limited nature of it, magic is generally avoided in the NED. And you might want to reconsider banning abjuration, as it's one of the more powerful schools; I'd drop Evocation (unless color spray is evocation, mind you (I can never remember)) in it's stead, as blasting is a very limited tactic.

You're only allowed to use what you have access to, to prevent misunderstandings. I'll fix the schools.

Person_Man
2010-09-06, 03:34 PM
So, is it core + UA only, or is that just what you chose to make these characters?

Also, I presume it's gestalt Wizard 1//Barbarian 1 and Druid 1//Rogue 1, and not a Wizard 1/Barbarian 1 and Druid 1/Rogue 1, right?

Anywho, Elf is one of the weaker Core-ish races. Human or Dwarf would be stronger. And Animal Affinity and Spell Focus (Conj) are both poor choices of feats. What are your build goals anyway?

dragonsamurai77
2010-09-06, 03:40 PM
So, is it core + UA only, or is that just what you chose to make these characters?
That is all I have available.

Also, I presume it's gestalt Wizard 1//Barbarian 1 and Druid 1//Rogue 1, and not a Wizard 1/Barbarian 1 and Druid 1/Rogue 1, right?

Correct.

Anywho, Elf is one of the weaker Core-ish races. Human or Dwarf would be stronger. And Animal Affinity and Spell Focus (Conj) are both poor choices of feats. What are your build goals anyway?

Wizard: Use summons to bolster the ranks (aiming for Augment Summoning).
Druid: Healing combined with trap support.

Hopefully, that makes it more clear.

dragonsamurai77
2010-09-10, 03:47 PM
Any more help?

Tyndmyr
2010-09-10, 04:08 PM
Both have more than 50g remaining. 50g is enough for a potion of CLW. There is no such thing as too much healing in the NED, and gold does you little good within a level, so spend it.