PDA

View Full Version : Paladin with Favored Enemy

Zaydos
2010-09-06, 03:51 PM
The question is simple is there any ACF for paladins that grants Favored Enemy other than Outsiders (Evil), or any prestige class for them that grants it? Preferably looking for Dragon, Giant, Monstrous Humanoid, Magical Beasts, or Aberration.

Kylarra
2010-09-06, 03:53 PM
Paladin

The paladin who takes an active role in hunting her foul enemies must give up her defensive powers.
Gain

Favored enemy (as ranger; may only select aberrations, dragons, giants, monstrous humanoids, evil outsiders, or undead).
Lose

Lay on hands, turn undead, remove disease.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm

Zaydos
2010-09-06, 03:54 PM
So I should have just checked UA... instead of starting with random books like Dragon Magic.

olelia
2010-09-06, 08:24 PM
Wait...you hate one race more then others...racism?!?!....YOU FALL!:smalltongue:

jguy
2010-09-06, 08:51 PM
technically that is speciesism

FMArthur
2010-09-06, 08:59 PM
Racism is correct here, though. Actually more correct than its common use, I think.

Zaydos
2010-09-06, 09:10 PM
Technically it's a little wider than race or species, going into higher taxonomic ranks... maybe phylumism for magical beasts or dragons? Familiest for Giants? And... well I'm not sure if aberrations are in a single kingdom much less phylum.

Person_Man
2010-09-06, 09:25 PM
You can take levels of Stalker of Kharash or Harper Paragon to get Favored Enemy (Evil) which applies to all Evil enemies. Then take Wise to Your Ways feat (Ghostwalk) to have that bonus (which can get up to +10 with the right build) apply to most Saves.

Marnath
2010-09-06, 09:40 PM
Paladin

The paladin who takes an active role in hunting her foul enemies must give up her defensive powers.
Gain

Favored enemy (as ranger; may only select aberrations, dragons, giants, monstrous humanoids, evil outsiders, or undead).
Lose

Lay on hands, turn undead, remove disease.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm

The next logical step is to ask if that's at all a fair trade. Isn't LoH their one useful toy?

Kylarra
2010-09-06, 09:54 PM
The next logical step is to ask if that's at all a fair trade. Isn't LoH their one useful toy?Frankly I'd say TU for powering various feats is their useful toy, not counting divine grace since it's a static ability.

Zaydos
2010-09-06, 09:54 PM
The next logical step is to ask if that's at all a fair trade. Isn't LoH their one useful toy?

Charisma times level in healing. Lv 20 that might be the equal of one heal spell (+7 Charisma is < Lv 15 Heal).

Turn Undead only fuels Divine Feats.

Favored Enemy depends upon if the DM has a single type of monster he likes using. If he does then it is awesome (for example if your DM loves dragons FE Dragon +10 is good). So it's a deal I can see myself making (especially if there was a dedicated healer) but not necessarily one I'd always take (against most DMs it's probably better to go 4 different favored enemies at +4 and one at +2 or 3 at +6).

This is for an NPC Gray Guard who is a bit of a Knight Templar/He Who Hunts Monsters and was the head proponent of anti-monster crusades (mostly Dragon/Giant/Monstrous Humanoid) so it's more for a flavor thing than anything else.