PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Build help

Honeko
2010-09-06, 06:51 PM
Alright, I've got two characters that need build help. I've got the basics of them down, but I keep drawing blanks on how to flesh them out and be usable.

The first one, an Awakened Monkey Cloistered Cleric.
The second one, an Elf Ranger.

Most if not all books are allowed. We get 80 points to spend on stats each starts at 0 and each increase is one point.

The Monkey Cleric will have most of his skill points tied up in Craft, Knowledge, and Profession as he will be in a modified suit of medium sided clockwork armor and have to do all the repairs himself. His first feats will be Armor Prof.(Heavy) and Item Familiar. His Domains will be Healing, Trickery and Knowledge. And will be Chaotic Good. He will be using the anthropomorphic monkey stats which means it gets -4 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Wis, -2 Cha and LA +0, with an Int of 2 before Awakening, as well as the Awakened Stats of +3d6 Int and +1d3 Cha. Int roll was 16 for a total of 18, and Cha was 1 for a total of -1 Cha. This means that he has 64 points for the rest of his stats. Also, I need to find someway for him to deliver touch attacks through the armor as his hand will not be in the glove of the armor. As he will be the Primary Healer, I'd prefer him to be slightly more optimized.

The Elf Ranger will be a High Elf. And based on Robin Hood, you know, steal from the rich to give to the poor, so a Ranger/Rouge type character. I believe the Swift Hunter Route would be best as she wants to go Archery, and be the party's puller and skill monkey. I would prefer this one to be more simple, and not so optimized.

Thanks.

Honeko
2010-09-08, 12:06 PM
Alright, I've got a bit more info on the builds. We'll assume starting ECL is 8th.

As for the Monkey: Stats are Str 12, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 2+16, Wis 16, Cha 14+1 after Awakening, but before racial adjustments. So, Str 8(12 with Clockwork Armor), Dex 12(16 with Clockwork Armor), Con 10, Int 18, Wis 22, Cha 13. I'm not sure where to add the 2 points from level ups. Any ideas? As for feats... Other than Armor Prof.(Heavy), which the DM is requiring me to have to use the Armor, and Item Familiar, I don't know what feats to take. Trickery Devotion looks like it could be insanely useful, but I don't think I wanna give up access to Trickery Domain for it. Other than that, are there are good ways to increase Healing, while still being able to handle a scythe(Favored Weapon)?

Okay, and for the elf ranger: Stats are Str 10, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 14 and Cha 10, before racial adjustments. With 2 going into Dex from level ups. So, Str 10, Dex 22, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 10. I know I can drop the Dex to increase Str to get at least a +1 mod to use Mighty Composite Bows, but I don't think it's worth it. Any other ideas on how stats can be arranged? As for feats, Start with Point Blank Shot at first level, take Ranger for BAB and Track, then two more levels of Ranger for Endurance and Rapid Shot, grabbing Far Shot at 3rd. Then Three levels of Scout, taking Swift Hunter at 6th. Future feats to be gained are Improved Skirmish, Greater Manyshot, Ranged Skirmish, and Manyshot from Ranger. Any other ideas?

Thanks.