PDA

View Full Version : Charisma Based Casters

Boren
2010-09-06, 07:30 PM
My friend is looking for a charisma based arcane caster other then your standard Sorc and Bard. Thoughts plz.....

Oh...and plz list book that the class is from and edition

Zaydos
2010-09-06, 07:35 PM
Dread Necromancer (Heroes of Horror)
Warmage (Complete Arcane)
Wilder (technically psionic but close enough, XPH).

All 3.5

Vortling
2010-09-06, 07:42 PM
While not exactly casters, the warlock from complete arcane and the dragon fire adept from dragon magic both use cha.

Feliks878
2010-09-06, 07:50 PM
Ignore me, I don't know what I'm talking about

DeMouse
2010-09-06, 07:53 PM
Summoner, pathfinder advanced players guide

Wings of Peace
2010-09-06, 07:55 PM
Ignore me, I don't know what I'm talking about

Beguilers are intelligence based casters not charisma based casters.

Vemynal
2010-09-06, 08:33 PM
Hexblade (A Complete Warrior)

truekender
2010-09-06, 08:41 PM
Shugenja (complete divine)

I like them because they're not as overpowered as other casters.

Favoured Soul (complete divine)
just don't pick spells with saves and you can dump wisdom. It's charisma to cast a spell and for bonus spells, but wisdom makes the save DCs.

Amphetryon
2010-09-06, 08:58 PM
Shugenja are versatile and SAD, needing to boost neither INT or WIS to improve their spells. This makes them unique among divine classes. They can - to a limited extent - emulate a Beguiler (air), Healer (water), Warmage (fire), or Dragon Shaman (earth).

Dread Necromancers can fill any role in a party, and are SAD. They don't even need CON, if you start above 1st level.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-06, 10:54 PM
Shugenja are versatile and SAD, needing to boost neither INT or WIS to improve their spells. This makes them unique among divine classes. They can - to a limited extent - emulate a Beguiler (air), Healer (water), Warmage (fire), or Dragon Shaman (earth).

Dread Necromancers can fill any role in a party, and are SAD. They don't even need CON, if you start above 1st level.

To Elaborate, Amphetryon means that if you start higher higher than level 3 you can become a necropolitan and won't have to care about Con.

Boren
2010-09-06, 11:44 PM
While not exactly casters, the warlock from complete arcane and the dragon fire adept from dragon magic both use cha.

Thank you all much, after reading the posts my friend chose to go with a Dragon Fire witch is something new to us all. Should be an interesting game as my first two players have just done there intro section and so far the party has a half-giant Psionic Warrior and an Allurin dragon fire adept; should be interesting to see what the rest of the party comes up with :smallsmile: thanks again all.

P.S.

To Elaborate, Amphetryon means that if you start higher higher than level 3 you can become a necropolitan and won't have to care about Con.

Nice idea but no I would not have let him play a necropolitan in this game for several vary specific reasons that I'm not going to elaborate on just yet in case some of my players read this and my little surprise has yet to be sprung :smallwink::smallwink:

SSGoW
2010-09-06, 11:46 PM
Aww to bad... Spell Thief is really fun!

Boren
2010-09-06, 11:52 PM
Aww to bad... Spell Thief is really fun!

Can be but I would have recommended he not play that in this game; again for my own reasons :smallwink: