PDA

View Full Version : ToB question about maneuvers and discipline weapons.

Edelweiss
2010-09-06, 08:13 PM
Do you have to use one of the discipline's specific weapons to use the maneuvers from it? I haven't looked closely enough at the book I guess because I haven't found anywhere that it actually says you do. Ya, noob question I know :smallconfused:

JoshuaZ
2010-09-06, 08:15 PM
Do you have to use one of the discipline's specific weapons to use the maneuvers from it? I haven't looked closely enough at the book I guess because I haven't found anywhere that it actually says you do. Ya, noob question I know :smallconfused:

No. You don't need to use the specific weapons. The reason why each discipline has associated weapons is because some feats and PrCs connect disciplines to their associated weapons.

Zore
2010-09-06, 08:16 PM
You do not though some feats, such as Shadow Blade, may require it to utilize them. Swordsages also get weapon focus from weapons in one discipline etc. Its pretty minor overall.

The Rabbler
2010-09-06, 08:17 PM
there's also the swordsage's discipline focus. It gives you some fun, free bonuses if you use a weapon from the chosen discipline's favored weapon.

Edelweiss
2010-09-06, 08:23 PM
That's cool because I was feeling a bit limited to a longsword since I wanted to use both Ironheart and Whiteraven maneuvers with my warblade. Thanks a lot guys for all the fast responses :smallsmile: