PDA

View Full Version : How to recruit a succubus.

druid91
2010-09-06, 11:47 PM
Well, I recently asked on these boards for a good plane to send a succubus, well we didn't send her anywhere but she is beaten, I am currently negotiating with the rest of the party how much loot she is worth. Assuming success I will have a wounded unconscious uber-succubus that I intend to recruit. So aside from threatening to sell her to Baator, she already likely dislikes me no need to further her mistrust by black mail, though I have probably earned a few points, the other character who wanted her was a possession imp, well him and the vampire who wants to sell her. What are some methods to keep her from killing me the moment my back is turned?

So far the only thing I can think of is to pay her well, with the possible addition of bardic magic to make certain memories go away.

Math_Mage
2010-09-06, 11:50 PM
Well, I recently asked on these boards for a good plane to send a succubus, well we didn't send her anywhere but she is beaten, I am currently negotiating with the rest of the party how much loot she is worth. Assuming success I will have a wounded unconscious uber-succubus that I intend to recruit. So aside from threatening to sell her to Baator, she already likely dislikes me no need to further her mistrust by black mail. What are some methods to keep her from killing me the moment my back is turned?

So far the only thing I can think of is to pay her well, with the possible addition of bardic magic to make certain memories go away.

She'll take your money and backstab you, possibly with the intermediate step of seducing you. I mean, what do you expect?

Having not seen the previous thread, some info on your character/s would be helpful.

Lysander
2010-09-06, 11:55 PM
You could use Planar Ally or Planar Binding spells. Dominate Monster would also work. Or just roll really well on your diplomacy check, and then use mind reading/truth spells/sense motive to make sure she isn't plotting against you.

Flickerdart
2010-09-06, 11:56 PM
Yet another problem easily solvable by Mindrape.

Boren
2010-09-06, 11:58 PM
Well, I recently asked on these boards for a good plane to send a succubus, well we didn't send her anywhere but she is beaten, I am currently negotiating with the rest of the party how much loot she is worth. Assuming success I will have a wounded unconscious uber-succubus that I intend to recruit. So aside from threatening to sell her to Baator, she already likely dislikes me no need to further her mistrust by black mail, though I have probably earned a few points, the other character who wanted her was a possession imp, well him and the vampire who wants to sell her. What are some methods to keep her from killing me the moment my back is turned?

Only way I can really see her not working you over good before making with the go poof is to use some kind of permanent mind control on her. I used a mind benders eternal charm to a similar affect or if you have the gold pick up a scroll of thrall but that will set you back a bit over 8k. Other than that anything else you use will only delay the inevitable.

druid91
2010-09-07, 12:00 AM
That I be careful? Basically my character is a part demon, part devil, part human, far realms-ian horror. Yes he is evil.

As for seducing him bad idea he knows how succubus work and is basically living deadly poison when he wants to be, taking money not likely unless she does her job. Backstabbing me? I am looking for methods of prevention right now, I would like a little help though as opposed to a "Don't try it" if I try and it fails I still had fun didn't I?

Besides It would at least be funny to see what happens to my bases servants while I'm gone if she is there, Do they show up beheaded in corners, or do they get found drained of life force in the pantry, or do they miraculously survive the week? Its like deadly wheel of fortune.:smallbiggrin:

herrhauptmann
2010-09-07, 12:28 AM
That I be careful? Basically my character is a part demon, part devil, part human, far realms-ian horror. Yes he is evil.

As for seducing him bad idea he knows how succubus work and is basically living deadly poison when he wants to be, taking money not likely unless she does her job. Backstabbing me? I am looking for methods of prevention right now, I would like a little help though as opposed to a "Don't try it" if I try and it fails I still had fun didn't I?

Besides It would at least be funny to see what happens to my bases servants while I'm gone if she is there, Do they show up beheaded in corners, or do they get found drained of life force in the pantry, or do they miraculously survive the week? Its like deadly wheel of fortune.:smallbiggrin:

part demon and devil? Already so confused...
Your char is living poison when he wants to be, a succubi's suggestion is usually "give me a kiss." But it could be "Don't be living poison for the next 5 minutes" (until she level drains you).
The backstab doesn't have to be literal rogue sneak attacking. She could be selling you out to your enemies as a form of backstab.

Perhaps you should link us to your other thread. Still a bit unsure of what's going on.
You encountered a succubus with class levels, and have taken her prisoner? And want to either sell her into slavery, or keep her as your paid minion?
Well demons are chaotic, so in the end the only way to control one is via magic, or by being so powerful the demon knows it's better off on your side. And that if it could get free to some other stronger side, it wouldn't matter because you'd still be strong enough to get your vengeance.
Mindrape her? Contingency spell of planar binding, if she ever betrays you (Betrayal would have to be specifically defined), gets bound to the plane you're on, and hopefully either you, or your party would then be able to kill her permanently.

Tiki Snakes
2010-09-07, 12:32 AM
It's the same way as recruiting anything else. You have to know what they want, and offer it to them in such a way as to make it a more attractive option than not being recruited.

So, what does this Succubus actually want?

El Dorado
2010-09-07, 12:44 AM
It's the same way as recruiting anything else. You have to know what they want, and offer it to them in such a way as to make it a more attractive option than not being recruited.

This. It's much more interesting to try to make it worth her while to stay.

Schylerwalker
2010-09-07, 12:49 AM
Pfft, this is Dungeons & Dragons, not Princesses & Ponies. Kill her and harvest the delicious experience points.

DaragosKitsune
2010-09-07, 01:37 AM
Pfft, this is Dungeons & Dragons, not Princesses & Ponies. Kill her and harvest the delicious experience points.

Oh, but you underestimate the potential for harm an allied succubus provides. Succubi are literally born with all of the tools they need to be perfect spies, diplomats, and assassins. Killing her would (without certain spells in place) merely free her to her plane of origin and irritate her. Giving her a reason to stick around and not sell you out at the first opportunity, on the other hand...

Schylerwalker
2010-09-07, 03:57 AM
Oh, but you underestimate the potential for harm an allied succubus provides. Succubi are literally born with all of the tools they need to be perfect spies, diplomats, and assassins. Killing her would (without certain spells in place) merely free her to her plane of origin and irritate her. Giving her a reason to stick around and not sell you out at the first opportunity, on the other hand...

Slain outsiders only return to their plane of oirigin if they were summoned. Otherwise, they're actually killed. In some cases they can reform, but it's usually many thousands of years later, when the offending character is long dead.

Either way, I jest. A succubus could, potentially, be a very useful ally. Especially one with class levels.

druid91
2010-09-07, 05:37 AM
No class levels, just some sort of power boost to epic levels, we are level 13 gestalts, most of whom are optimized to eleven and holding themselves back to make the game fun. The Dm mentioned, I think it was the fiendish codex something like that.

Greymane
2010-09-07, 05:49 AM

I echo Tiki Snakes and Davester. Find out what she wants, and see if you can't offer it to her and work with her that way.

It will be difficult to get her to be chummy with you, but if your DM is willing to make this happen, and you find a way of her working with you to be profitable to her? Then you're golden.

On a more personal note, I recommend becoming good friends with her if possible. I hear they're a terror in the bed chamber.

druid91
2010-09-07, 06:15 AM
Well what a succubus would want is precisely what I'm trying to figure out, So far the only idea of what she could want I came up with was people to terrorize, Invisibly plane-shifting people off the street to the base for her enjoyment. What else would a succubus want? Gold? probably a new whip, the vampire took the old one and I can't afford both her and the whip out of my cut.

You do realize we already get experience for beating her down, right? Killing her just makes her go away.

AS for her disappearing, She, when she wakes up will be informed of my characters ability to hunt her down anywhere. Besides I don't plan on letting her within five feet of me until absolutely(Read: ridiculously paranoid, to the point that I called "horrible monster that wants to kill us" when an "extremely attractive woman" walked into the room.)

Haarkla
2010-09-07, 06:40 AM
Besides It would at least be funny to see what happens to my bases servants while I'm gone if she is there, Do they show up beheaded in corners, or do they get found drained of life force in the pantry,
No, that only happens after she has seduced them into betraying you.

Succubi are immune to poison.

druid91
2010-09-07, 06:43 AM
It's technically not poison, I just describe it like that when explaining, I do con damage by draining life force. I like to think of it as violently making them non-euclidean on the inside.

And she won't need to seduce them into betraying me, they will all be kidnapped off the streets. They're already going to be trying to betray me, hence the high turnover rate in staff.

Greymane
2010-09-07, 06:54 AM
Well what a succubus would want is precisely what I'm trying to figure out, So far the only idea of what she could want I came up with was people to terrorize, Invisibly plane-shifting people off the street to the base for her enjoyment. What else would a succubus want? Gold? probably a new whip, the vampire took the old one and I can't afford both her and the whip out of my cut.

And that's a tough one. I imagine she's unique, given how powerful she is, so it's likely a safe bet that she's unique in her personality traits as well. For a succubus, anyhow. If you can't talk with her and find something, I highly recommend mind-reading her if it's at all possible. That way you've got all the chips on your side of the table when the negotiating starts.

druid91
2010-09-07, 06:58 AM
Well we've got multiple telepaths in the team, I might be able to get one of them to help.

dsmiles
2010-09-07, 07:04 AM
You do realize we already get experience for beating her down, right? Killing her just makes her go away.

Yeah. You get XP for beating an encounter. This does not necessarily include killing all the bad guys (or good guys, depending on what you're playing).

Kaww
2010-09-07, 07:14 AM
True name?

With it you have her by the ===== which she doesn't have, so you might be in a bit of a predicament here? :smallbiggrin:

SurlySeraph
2010-09-07, 08:17 AM

You have so much in common! You should use true love to get her on your side. Start buying gems and minor evil magic items and leaving them in her room, escalating in value and prettiness until she figures it out.

Mordokai
2010-09-07, 08:18 AM
You have so much in common! You should use true love to get her on your side. Start buying gems and minor evil magic items and leaving them in her room, escalating in value and prettiness until she figures it out.

That sounds like a plot for a second succubus paladin in the making :smallbiggrin:

Zanatos777
2010-09-07, 08:25 AM
Well, your both evil. Agree to destabilize a country or five. Seriously though she's evil and immortal. If you give her some decent reasons she might stick around for the lols.

druid91
2010-09-07, 08:31 AM
The only problem with that is the devil in the party, currently the one I am haggling with to get the demon. And my character already destabilizes countries for fun as it is.

Greymane
2010-09-07, 08:38 AM
Oh. Right. There's a devil.

Well, beautiful really. SurlySeraph is on the very, very right track. You take his advice; you and the succubus can also both play horrific (and chaotic) pranks on your devil friend. Nothing he can't recover from, naturally. While the two of you do things like this, it gives you a chance to bond, maybe have a bit of romantic tension in there. Have one of the pranks involve you getting her some roses (or the abyssal equivalent).

Ideally, she'll want to stick around because you're charming (you ARE charming, aren't you?), and she gets attached to you.

FelixG
2010-09-07, 08:42 AM
Every critter has its price, you just have to find hers.

Zone of truth might help with this? make her tell you honestly what she wants most of all.

If she says "To kill you!" then you might be at an impass.

Other than that though after you find out the price its on you to be able to provide that price, or atleast give the illusion that you are ~.^

You can learn alot from the Baron Vladamir Harkonen :D

Crasical
2010-09-07, 08:43 AM
Have one of the pranks involve you getting her some roses (or the abyssal equivalent).

.... What the heck does an abyssal rose look like? Jet-black with tiny needle-like thorns and grows on the corpses of those that died in agony?

druid91
2010-09-07, 08:48 AM
Does being an amusingly confusing, non-euclidean fiendish monster man with a penchant for waging a one creature war on a gnomish country when bored count?

Greymane
2010-09-07, 08:58 AM
.... What the heck does an abyssal rose look like? Jet-black with tiny needle-like thorns and grows on the corpses of those that died in agony?

An excellent guess, but Abyssal Roses never look the same twice, and grow on the backs of Pit Fiends (they're chaotic, they do what they want), just where their wings meet their backs. This also shows you're willing to take risks for her.

Does being an amusingly confusing, non-euclidean fiendish monster man with a penchant for waging a one creature war on a gnomish country when bored count?

Hm. Could be a problem. Let's hope she doesn't see you as more of a pet or... Baator forbid, a cute little brother.

Esser-Z
2010-09-07, 09:05 AM
Diplomancy!

El Dorado
2010-09-07, 10:28 AM

Princesses & Ponies is the BEST GAME EVAR!!! **puts +1 pink bow on pretty pretty hellhorse**

Crasical
2010-09-07, 10:31 AM
**puts +1 pink bow on pretty pretty hellhorse**

Wendy, blackguard of the Abyss, and her fearsome mount, Maplehoof, Nightmare scourge of the damned?

dsmiles
2010-09-07, 10:33 AM
Wendy, blackguard of the Abyss, and her fearsome mount, Maplehoof, Nightmare scourge of the damned?

Only if she dresses like Rainbow-Brite. :smalltongue:

hamishspence
2010-09-07, 10:35 AM
Curse of Cutesiness might be a funny one to cast on a villain- use Bestow Curse, but instead of the conventional effect, everything the villain possesses becomes cutesy in appearence, giving them a -2 penalty to all social checks with other Evil characters.

El Dorado
2010-09-07, 10:37 AM
Only if she dresses like Rainbow-Brite. :smalltongue:

Ponies & Princesses has the most immersive, balanced game play of any system ever devised. The ribbons and bows are merely a plus.

druid91
2010-09-07, 12:48 PM
So, now that the devil and I have argued over why we want the succubus and what we're willing to give, one of the vampires just wants to kill it, the other wants to shackle it and (presumably) ransom it off. I find it amusing that the party psycho has the least harmful plan for a captured prisoner.:smallbiggrin:

dsmiles
2010-09-07, 02:33 PM
Curse of Cutesiness might be a funny one to cast on a villain- use Bestow Curse, but instead of the conventional effect, everything the villain possesses becomes cutesy in appearence, giving them a -2 penalty to all social checks with other Evil characters.

However, if you do this to a Succubus, you might get a party of pedo-adventurers chasing her all over the 666 layers...:smalltongue:

hamishspence
2010-09-07, 02:41 PM
Probably works better on bad guys who pride themselves on looking scary.

A blackguard who loves black armor with spikes and skulls, and always rides nightmarish creatures- cursed so that whatever he wears immediately becomes pink, sparkly, and with rainbow patterns, as does whatever creature he rides (which also automatically looks cartoonishly cute).

dsmiles
2010-09-07, 02:43 PM
Probably works better on bad guys who pride themselves on looking scary.

A blackguard who loves black armor with spikes and skulls, and always rides nightmarish creatures- cursed so that whatever he wears immediately becomes pink, sparkly, and with rainbow patterns, as does whatever creature he rides (which also automatically looks cartoonishly cute).

Like Strawberry Shortcake riding My Little Pony, or more like a Care Bear in a Care Bear Cloud Car?

hamishspence
2010-09-07, 02:45 PM
Something like those, yes.

dsmiles
2010-09-07, 02:47 PM
Will save at -20 or suffer the effects of Tasha's Hideous Laughter?

Zaydos
2010-09-07, 02:48 PM
Hey that is cruel and unusual punishment. Even blackguards have feelings and you should be nice to them and treat their...

Ah who am I kidding...

PS: I failed my save.

Mordokai
2010-09-07, 02:52 PM
PS: I failed my save.

I think just about everybody did. I mean, can you imagine this guy (http://www.itusozluk.com/img.php/0428e7f51244ac46ff59977ba7f1d32c22811/blackguard) in pink tutu and prancing shoes with rainbow colored greatsword? :smallbiggrin:

Zaydos
2010-09-07, 02:54 PM
I think just about everybody did. I mean, can you imagine this guy (http://www.itusozluk.com/img.php/0428e7f51244ac46ff59977ba7f1d32c22811/blackguard) in pink tutu and prancing shoes with rainbow colored greatsword? :smallbiggrin:

No I can't. Something about the link or my laptop isn't loading the picture.

Also ironically I had been clicking random on TVtropes and switching between tabs so I didn't know what trope I was on. I was on this one Villain Decay (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VillainDecay?from=Main.MonsterDecay)

Mordokai
2010-09-07, 02:55 PM
The blackguard picture from the 3.5 DMG, if that makes it easier for you to imagine :smallsmile:

Zaydos
2010-09-07, 03:08 PM
I can imagine it... it's rather disturbing. Also unlike the actual picture it's scary... but not like a blackguard should be.

Lamech
2010-09-07, 03:09 PM
Diplomancy!
Yup! Just need a easily achievable 50 for her to be on your side and a trivial 35 to get her to be your friend. (But she probably won't quest with you.)

Sindri
2010-09-07, 03:10 PM
Well, as far as I know, most succubi are interested in four things: chaos, destruction, sex, and eating delicious souls. If you provide all of those, they probably won't have a reason to leave until they get bored. And if they get bored, you're doing it wrong.

You should probably have minions and/or slaves provide most of these, or you'll be missing a few levels when the night is over...

Icewraith
2010-09-07, 04:34 PM
This is why safe sex in D&D often involves Death Ward....

druid91
2010-09-07, 06:04 PM
Well, as far as I know, most succubi are interested in four things: chaos, destruction, sex, and eating delicious souls. If you provide all of those, they probably won't have a reason to leave until they get bored. And if they get bored, you're doing it wrong.

You should probably have minions and/or slaves provide most of these, or you'll be missing a few levels when the night is over...

If thats all I have to worry about, I think they will get along just fine.:smallamused:

Mine is the character who suggested conquering an entire material plane (planescape) simply to eat everyone's souls, and then sell the place to someone or another.

mregecko
2010-09-07, 07:57 PM
Nobody ever remembers the poor, unloved cursed items....

Answer to all your questions (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/cursedItems.htm#helmofOppositeAlignment)

Sure, that Will save is super easy to make... But you pop that helmet on and off enough times (once she is subdued), and she will eventually roll a 1 and auto-fail.

Enjoy your Lawful Good succubus.

-- MrE

druid91
2010-09-07, 08:00 PM
But, my guy is neutral evil...

Really I don't think we need a LG in the group of miscreants and weirdos that is our adventuring party, a succubus, that might have a chance at not ruining the vibe.

Zaydos
2010-09-07, 08:07 PM
If thats all I have to worry about, I think they will get along just fine.:smallamused:

Mine is the character who suggested conquering an entire material plane (planescape) simply to eat everyone's souls, and then sell the place to someone or another.

Only problem is they left out one thing a succubus will want, revenge. She'll want you dead even if you give her everything she wants, you'll have to find a way to appease that. Not saying it's impossible but just something you'll have to think about. She's been humiliated and she'll want back at you.

Nobody ever remembers the poor, unloved cursed items....

Answer to all your questions (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/cursedItems.htm#helmofOppositeAlignment)

Sure, that Will save is super easy to make... But you pop that helmet on and off enough times (once she is subdued), and she will eventually roll a 1 and auto-fail.

Enjoy your Lawful Good succubus.

-- MrE

I think they're an evil party.

druid91
2010-09-07, 08:12 PM
Only problem is they left out one thing a succubus will want, revenge. She'll want you dead even if you give her everything she wants, you'll have to find a way to appease that. Not saying it's impossible but just something you'll have to think about. She's been humiliated and she'll want back at you.

I think they're an evil party.

As for revenge if I do get hold of her certain memories will be expunged from her system, I will leave most everything except things to do with me. Then claim (Semi-truthfully) that I kept her from the others. either that or go with the devil players suggestion, Implant 700 years of me beating her down when she tried to rebel and become a new demon prince.

And we're mixed actually. We come out on the whole as a rather vicious Neutral.

Zaydos
2010-09-07, 08:20 PM
As for revenge if I do get hold of her certain memories will be expunged from her system, I will leave most everything except things to do with me. Then claim (Semi-truthfully) that I kept her from the others. either that or go with the devil players suggestion, Implant 700 years of me beating her down when she tried to rebel and become a new demon prince.

And we're mixed actually. We come out on the whole as a rather vicious Neutral.

I'd go with the implant 700 years of me beating her down thing myself, seems like a good way to get around a desire for revenge (it's how the tanar'ri do it, beat them down for a few centuries till they stop trying).

Okay I was basing the alignment assumption on the description of your character as the party psychopath in a group with a devil, and 2(?) vampires.

Urpriest
2010-09-07, 08:26 PM
If you're implanting memories, then do you have access to Mindrape? Because it does most of what you want it to do here, besides the "fun roleplaying process" part.

Otherwise, one thing to consider: why was she opposing you in the first place? What did she want then?

druid91
2010-09-07, 08:39 PM
So far as we know she was the bound consort of the archmage we are trying to find and bring to our employer.

And no I don't have access to mindrape. That's a bit much for me to expect to be able to find a magic item for. Besides it would ruin the whole fun RP experience, and make me no better than the Possession imp. Who wants her for, as he put it, pretty clothes.

Urpriest
2010-09-07, 08:41 PM
So far as we know she was the bound consort of the archmage we are trying to find and bring to our employer.

And no I don't have access to mindrape. That's a bit much for me to expect to be able to find a magic item for.

Perfect! Revenge against lecherous exploitative archmage. That right there is a very nice motivation. You could probably broker a deal on just that, coupled with a Mark of Justice or something for enforcement.

jiriku
2010-09-07, 08:52 PM
Souls. Succubi want souls. And not in the wanton, destructive, slaughter-them-all kind of way. Succubi want good and pure souls who have been tempted from righteousness and sealed their own damnation with little pushes and "encouragement" from the succubus. This is their raison d'etre.

druid91
2010-09-07, 08:53 PM
It was sort of funny since we originally assumed the consort was a gith, how surprised were we, well except my guy he didn't know anything about the place to begin with, when it turned out to be a succubus.

Souls. Succubi want souls. And not in the wanton, destructive, slaughter-them-all kind of way. Succubi want good and pure souls who have been tempted from righteousness and sealed their own damnation with little pushes and "encouragement" from the succubus. This is their raison d'etre.

Does it count when they are kidnapped off the street and left to the succubus' care?

By the way, I might try this if it works I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh.

DaragosKitsune
2010-09-08, 12:34 AM
So, basically this entire plan is a combination of seduction and mental conditioning.

I like it. If possible, make the people you kidnap genuinely good people. Help her corrupt them, show your hiring potential to her. Basically, give her no reason to want to oppose you. This will be an uphill struggle of course, seeing as a succubus is still a creature birthed from chaos. Remember some key weaknesses of any succubus.

1. Vanity
2. Souls
3. Power
4. "Fine Dining"
5. Items that enhance Enchantment

Crasical
2010-09-08, 12:55 AM
However, if you do this to a Succubus, you might get a party of pedo-adventurers chasing her all over the 666 layers...:smalltongue:

You don't need to have any/many pedophilic or lolicon tendencies to be interested in a succubus who's appeal is rooted in cuteness rather than overt sexuality. Consider the Innocent Fanservice Girl, unaware the things she does are arousing to those around her. Now consider a SUCCUBUS who acts this way, a creature who's domain is essentially 'Supernatural Hotness'.

dsmiles
2010-09-08, 04:33 AM
You don't need to have any/many pedophilic or lolicon tendencies to be interested in a succubus who's appeal is rooted in cuteness rather than overt sexuality. Consider the Innocent Fanservice Girl, unaware the things she does are arousing to those around her. Now consider a SUCCUBUS who acts this way, a creature who's domain is essentially 'Supernatural Hotness'.

Like so?
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w212/SwitchVale/Anime/Women/Fantasy/gothicanime17.jpg

The Succubus
2010-09-08, 04:50 AM
This is why safe sex in D&D often involves Death Ward....

This is signature material here!

Crasical
2010-09-08, 07:29 AM
Like so?
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w212/SwitchVale/Anime/Women/Fantasy/gothicanime17.jpg

... I was trying to say that the "loli" appeal and the "Innocent" appeal don't necessarily have to overlap, but that's pretty darn cute right there.

druid91
2010-09-08, 11:41 AM
Well I finally found out what she is, we have captured one handmaiden of malcanthet. AKA an uber-succubus.

hamishspence
2010-09-08, 02:05 PM
Besides succubi, Malcanthet has an inner circle of bard lilitus (transformed succubi) called the Radiant Sisters- but I'm guessing this is not one of them.

Many lilitu don't serve Malcanthet (since, being no longer succubi, she doesn't have as much control over them) but those that do (The Radiant Sisters) are her most trusted agents.

Might the party have bitten off more than they can chew, given that this is an elite succubus?

druid91
2010-09-08, 08:25 PM
My character is the second weakest of the lot of us, and I can use greater invisibility, fly, summon up tentacles, drive people insane, Stop language giveing casters a 50% spell failure chance, planeshift, walk through walls, and rip open a hole to the far realms causing insanity and possibly being sucked through to a grisly end.
Not to mention my halfway decent melee capabilities.

If the succubus hadn't surprised us while we were split up I would be willing to bet she would have been dead within a round. And only around half of the party was there.
The other half was turning squads of gith to paste on the other side of the fortress.