PDA

View Full Version : Penguins?

Jyokage
2010-09-07, 01:50 PM
I know this is slightly random, but my google-fu is failing me here. Have penguins been statted out anywhere in the d20, 3.5- realm? I want to make an anthropomorphic penguin PC.

Kaww
2010-09-07, 01:51 PM
Frostburn pg 166.

TurtleKing
2010-09-07, 01:54 PM
Or you can look for the Racial traits of a prinny....:smallbiggrin:.

Jyokage
2010-09-07, 01:56 PM
I don't think I'd want to saddle myself with the Supernatural equivelant of Nitroglycerin...Although having a racial familiarity with machetes and cleavers would be awesome in some games.

Kaww
2010-09-07, 02:00 PM
Will the anthropomorphic penguin be a waiter?

Bonus cool points if so. If not, give him profession skill as class. :smallbiggrin:

Duke of URL
2010-09-07, 02:03 PM
Will the anthropomorphic penguin be a waiter?

Bonus cool points if so. If not, give him profession skill as class. :smallbiggrin:

Needs Perform (dance), too.

Jyokage
2010-09-07, 02:04 PM
Is that a reference to "Who framed Roger Rabbit"? LOL, I was actually thinking of making a Penguin Gunslinger...

Private-Prinny
2010-09-07, 02:04 PM
prinny....

*huff* *pant*

I'm here. BTW, exploding in combat = not fun. But then again, we're easy to bring back from the brink of death (only 1 hel for hospital bills in Disgaea, no matter how hurt they are). :smalltongue:

I wonder if there's a Pringer Z Prestige class...

Jyokage
2010-09-07, 02:16 PM
It's Nice to know I'm not the only penguin fan out there... sniff.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-07, 02:19 PM
Penguins are listed? What about bunnies? Does D&D give them stats?

hamishspence
2010-09-07, 02:19 PM
How about pseudonatural, or otherwise slightly aberrant, penguins?

"Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!" :smallamused:

Duke of URL
2010-09-07, 02:21 PM
Is that a reference to "Who framed Roger Rabbit"?

Actually, I was going for Mary Poppins.

Thefurmonger
2010-09-07, 03:30 PM
It's Nice to know I'm not the only penguin fan out there... sniff.

Not at all

Ravens_cry
2010-09-07, 03:31 PM
Actually, I was going for Mary Poppins.
Technically, they were the same penguins.

The Succubus
2010-09-07, 03:35 PM
Spell: Dreamwalk

This allows the penguin to appear in a meditation induced vision, provided the meditator is a mentally unbalanced office worker. The penguin is allowed to say "Slide" during the dreamwalk.

grarrrg
2010-09-07, 04:06 PM
Spell: Dreamwalk

This allows the penguin to appear in a meditation induced vision, provided the meditator is a mentally unbalanced office worker. The penguin is allowed to say "Slide" during the dreamwalk.

+1 internets to you.

Ormur
2010-09-07, 05:28 PM
You could be a rogue and play someone like Feathers MacGraw from Wallace & Gromit short The Wrong Trousers. He was a surprisingly good character despite the lack of a voice or facial expressions.

dgnslyr
2010-09-07, 07:05 PM
Or you can look for the Racial traits of a prinny....:smallbiggrin:.

If you have a link, you MUST post it. :smallmad: I must see!

The-Mage-King
2010-09-07, 07:39 PM
Now then, d00d (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138315), that'll come to 1,000,000 Hil.

Duke of URL
2010-09-07, 07:39 PM
Technically, they were the same penguins.

True, but I prefer paying homage to the original, rather than another homage. :)

TurtleKing
2010-09-07, 08:42 PM
If you want to compare prinnies about this one. This is the prinny I was talking about.
http://www.freewebs.com/celestialkin/uniqueraces.htm#430591222

I have play tested this race. That prinny is the one who became a diety at level five, and he did not punpun. Other exploits include obtaining a Purple Wurm as pet (level 3), could talk smack to gods and survive their wrath (ex. getting blasted by the God of Death not once but twice), and broke the DM's world.

Vemynal
2010-09-07, 11:25 PM
Sadly there is no bunny or else I would have long ago made an evil bunny cult as the primary villains for a level 1 campaign =(

hamishspence
2010-09-08, 02:42 AM
One Dragon magazine does suggest using housecat stats to represent a bunny- for a familiar.

So, if you take that as precedent, you can stat out bunnies. Admittedly they will be stealthy bunnies with great climbing skills. Maybe swap ranks in Climb for ranks in Jump?

Dr.Epic
2010-09-08, 03:56 AM
Sadly there is no bunny or else I would have long ago made an evil bunny cult as the primary villains for a level 1 campaign =(

No. :smallfrown:

Jyokage
2010-09-08, 04:35 AM
Hmm...What do ya'll think the stat mods would be on an anthropomorphic penguin? I'm looking at savage species, but all I've been able to figure out is that it wouldn't have an LA, and I'm looking at some sort of combination flipper/arm for manipulators.

AslanCross
2010-09-08, 04:37 AM

I thought the Shoggoth made that sound.

MickJay
2010-09-08, 06:41 AM
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned this: http://www.nordicrpg.fi/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ikuisuudenlaaksokansi_500px.jpg rpg yet. Maybe because it wasn't properly translated into English yet. :smallwink:

Thurbane
2010-09-08, 08:08 AM
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned this: http://www.nordicrpg.fi/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ikuisuudenlaaksokansi_500px.jpg rpg yet. Maybe because it wasn't properly translated into English yet. :smallwink:
I have no idea what that is, but it looks truly awesome! A battle hardened penguin warrior...

Clovis
2010-09-08, 08:16 AM

Gawds... now that sound will haunt my dreams! I'll never sleep again! Cthulhu ftagnh!

Comet
2010-09-08, 08:21 AM

For anyone interested on the matter:
Work on the translation is practically complete, we hope to deliver before too long (Yes, we know this project has taken a good handful of months longer than we expected, but stuff happens and you know how it is with deadlines on a project like this) :smallsmile:

hamishspence
2010-09-08, 08:48 AM
I thought the Shoggoth made that sound.

It did- it was mimicking the penguins.

Eldan
2010-09-08, 08:56 AM
I have no idea what that is, but it looks truly awesome! A battle hardened penguin warrior...

It's a finnish RPG about Penguins surviving in Antarctica, if I remember correctly. Someone posted about it here and people thought it was so awesome, they started petitioning for an english translation.

Zanticor
2010-09-08, 10:05 AM
My frost giants never go anywhere without their dire penguins. :smallbiggrin:
I should really stat them out but the treat of dire penguins has so far kept my players far from the cold places. They probably have a special attack that involves going to sit on you... or maybe swallow if they are huge...

hamishspence
2010-09-08, 10:34 AM
There's a Dire template in one of the Tome of Horrors books.

Alternatively, you could just re-engineer it by looking at the differences between standard creatures and dire creatures (no version of the template will perfectly represent all existing dire creatures though.)

MickJay
2010-09-08, 11:17 AM
Work on the translation is practically complete, we hope to deliver before too long (Yes, we know this project has taken a good handful of months longer than we expected, but stuff happens and you know how it is with deadlines on a project like this) :smallsmile:

Thanks for the information, where/how is it going to be released? :smallsmile:

Comet
2010-09-08, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the information, where/how is it going to be released? :smallsmile:

The details are ironed out between the original author and the possible publisher, I'm just a work monkey (or "translator", if you want to get technical :smalltongue:) who kickstarted the endeavour.

It will be available at a reasonable price, though, and hopefully both as a downloadable PDF and a physical copy, but don't hold me to that.

In any case, I'll pop up a proper thread here on GiTP once the product is available. This is where the initial interest for a translation was expressed, after all, so you guys will naturally be among the first to know where and when to get it.

Edit @\/: Good to hear you're interested. It's been a boatload of good times to work on. I'm a big fan of lightweight, specialized systems so this game is right up my alley. Plus, you know, penguins with mystic powers and sheer determination facing the philosophical dilemmas and tragedies of being a hero in a world where heroes are accepted only in times of need. Great stuff.

Jyokage
2010-09-08, 11:27 AM
That Rpg sounds like Heaven on a stick. Can't wait to find out more about it. (Go go English Version!)

Anterean
2010-09-08, 12:47 PM

alternatively you can always try
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8dR0i1WChS3vDtx5UupDUjcflx0zev 1fcvkAPRwYKx2dzix0&t=1&usg=__UKopwoNH0DtgVeebNOpdXW2F8K8=

RebelRogue
2010-09-08, 02:08 PM
Cool! :smallcool: I was wondering if that particular project even got started. Seems like it is in good hands :smallsmile:

littlekKID
2010-09-08, 03:58 PM
Penguins!:smalltongue:
Exploding Penguins!:smallbiggrin:

Sorry, I had to, You may retrun to your normal, if somewhat silly, discussion

RebelRogue
2010-09-08, 04:28 PM
Exploding Penguins!:smallbiggrin:
I see your exploding penguins, and raise you one 40' electric penguin!

mobdrazhar
2010-09-08, 05:13 PM
The details are ironed out between the original author and the possible publisher, I'm just a work monkey (or "translator", if you want to get technical :smalltongue:) who kickstarted the endeavour.

It will be available at a reasonable price, though, and hopefully both as a downloadable PDF and a physical copy, but don't hold me to that.

In any case, I'll pop up a proper thread here on GiTP once the product is available. This is where the initial interest for a translation was expressed, after all, so you guys will naturally be among the first to know where and when to get it.

Edit @\/: Good to hear you're interested. It's been a boatload of good times to work on. I'm a big fan of lightweight, specialized systems so this game is right up my alley. Plus, you know, penguins with mystic powers and sheer determination facing the philosophical dilemmas and tragedies of being a hero in a world where heroes are accepted only in times of need. Great stuff.

This is the first time i've heard of it and want an english translation so bad already :smalleek:

Can't wait!