PDA

View Full Version : Help with Ideas Please

alexthemad
2010-09-07, 07:03 PM
I hope this is the right place to post this. So I'm running a Warhammer Fantasy game that's kind of a homebrew. For the help I need I don't know how much everyone needs to know, so I'll go ahead and get to it.

There is going to be a huge event/festival. The town is a pirate town, so need to worry about what is legal/illegal. So far in this event I plan on having a card (poker) tournament, blackjack tables, dice tables, dog and horse races, pitfight tournament, plenty of merchants, and a slave auction. Of course there will be companions (wink, wink) available.

Are there any other events that anyone can think of that would make for good fun for the players/characters that I can add?

Kerrin
2010-09-07, 08:48 PM
How about arm wrestling?

How about an insult contest for the glib tongued?

An archery contest? It's amazing what can happen when your double specialized archer loses the freakin' archery contest!

I'd look at the things the PCs are supposed to be good (abilities, skills, etc) at and see what that list might inspire. Give 'em a chance to show off.

iDM
2010-09-07, 09:14 PM
Poetry battle? Makes good fun for characters with high Intelligence, especially if they go up against a skilled writer of obscene limericks. Or maybe a dance-off...

mobdrazhar
2010-09-07, 09:45 PM
Poetry battle? Makes good fun for characters with high Intelligence, especially if they go up against a skilled writer of obscene limericks. Or maybe a jigg-off...

Fixed that for you

alexthemad
2010-09-08, 06:13 AM
How about arm wrestling?

How about an insult contest for the glib tongued?

An archery contest? It's amazing what can happen when your double specialized archer loses the freakin' archery contest!

I'd look at the things the PCs are supposed to be good (abilities, skills, etc) at and see what that list might inspire. Give 'em a chance to show off.

The archery contest I like. Thanks.

Galdor Miriel
2010-09-08, 07:30 AM
An eating contest, based on endurance and constitution checks where they are up against a dwarf.

A drinking contest against the same dwarf.

Naia
2010-09-08, 07:40 AM
A feisty game of Snotball! (soccer with a bundled-and-tied-up snotling as the ball...)

Edit: Oh - and fortune tellers (good for plot hooks) and addictive drugs (also a good plot hook, if a PC gets addicted)

iDM
2010-09-08, 06:10 PM
*snip* and addictive drugs (also a good plot hook, if a PC gets addicted)

Book of Vile Darkness has some great ones, may I suggest luhix? Or mordayn vapor, they won't even be able to tell that they're doing it until they start hallucinating.