PDA

View Full Version : [MAITP] Blood & Steel

Executor
2010-09-07, 09:15 PM
Twelve hundredth and forty second year since Artor crossed the Lost Road

Five hundredth and sixty sixth year since the end of the Final Crusade

Eoden's tenth year on the Lion's Throne.

June 1st, 1242

It is the beginning of summer in Atra, and across the kingdom, the people go about their business in the warmth and sunshine that marks summer in the northern kingdoms, like Atra. Farmers tend their crops, fishermen angle in the shining waters of the kingdom's many lakes and rivers, and shepherds relax in the shade of oak trees as they keep a watchful eye on their flocks.

But, more importantly to the nobles of Atra, it is the beginning of the tournament season, and all eyes have turned towards the city of Ashel, built with it's back to the cold, dark waters of Windmere, the largest lake in the kingdom. By tradition dating back to Artor himself, the first major tournament of the summer is always held in June in Ashel, and, as they have for centuries, the knights and lords of the realm come streaming in to Ashel in the hundreds. Peers of Atra, the scions of the noble families are mixed in freely with gloryhounds and sellswords, who seek not honour but fortune in the tournaments of Atra. The narrow cobbled streets of the ancient walled city are filled with colour and sound and pageantry as banners of every conceivable colour compete with each other for the people's attention, each announcing the arrival of some knight or noble. Merchants hark their wares, and the streets are soon filled with the sounds of banging and clattering as blacksmiths and armourers make small fortunes off knights seeking professional attention for their arms and armour before the great melees and single combats of the tournament begin.

Amongst all the excitement, few notice the single rider in a brown cloak that slips into Ashel, unnoticed.

Hundreds of miles away, across the kingdom, unnoticed, two strangers came to the gates of the manor of Lord Ian Wulfric. They appeared to be twins, with pale skin, long hooked noses, and eyes so dark that they are almost black, like the eyes of a fish. They were dressed almost like monks, in black robes with long, hanging sleeves. One twin raised a sleeved arm, and knocked on the postern-door of the gate with a thin, bony hand. A slat opened at eye level, and a guard's eyes appeared in it.

"We seek an audience with Lord Wulfric. Our master, Duke Damorak,sends his greetings" Said the twin in a high, lilting voice. The other twin smiled, a fey, sinister smile, that sent chills down the guard's spine. Closing the slat, he turned and hastened to his master's study, where he knew Lord Wulfric would be.

Maxios
2010-09-07, 09:38 PM
Sir Korokis rode on his horse, Ghost. He was to partake in the tournament. He had been training for months to partake in it, and was in the peak of his physical condition. He spent nights practicing with his blade, and riding his horse.
Though most knights were not egotisical, or boasting, or gloatful, Sir Korokis openly said he was going to win the tournament. And he was going to win, he was sure of it.

super dark33
2010-09-08, 02:50 AM
Sir Dreavos was at the city for three months before the starting of the tournements. he trained hard both physicly and mentally. now he rides on his black horse, Deathwind, to the tournements with his lance and his special Hand-and-a-half sword (for short:HAH sword).
on his way he said 'good day' to a stranger in brown.

Mina Kobold
2010-09-08, 08:35 AM
"Welcome boy, to Ashel! City of the grand tournament, where fates intervene and destinies are as fluid as the great lake Windmere!"

Following the outstretched arm of George of the Lutt Sir Charles Cavalger eyes marvels at the wonders in the big city they had travelled for weeks to reach and in which the great tournament was to be held.

George in his blue and golden attire along with the armoured Cavalger did little to stand out as they moved through the abundance of colour and noise, looking for the shop of an old Blacksmith friend of George's. One who's keen eye he trusted and who's mouth he knew wouldn't wander.

Morty
2010-09-08, 08:51 AM
Captain Krzych rode into the great city in the company of but two men, mail-clad and riding warhorses. He himself wore his trusted cuir bouilli, wanting everyone to know who they're dealing with. The rest of his soldiers were left outside the city, camped in a glade out of everyone's way. He doesn't need unnecessary attention. Fortune had been favoring him and he had a group of trusted, competent and experienced men, as well as enough money to enlist more if need be.
Now that he finally reached the great city in the moment when the eyes of the influential nobles of the realm are fixed upon it, all he needs is a rich political player who requires a man for dirty work...

Falgorn
2010-09-08, 04:57 PM
Sir Joshua walked, not rode, into town. His horse was stabled at a nearby...stable, and he knew that he needed the excercise. Tied over his back was his trusty uchigatana, and he wore his coat of plates and greathelm. Under his blade rested his pale cape, flowing with him when he walked. But then he saw the people of the city. Filthy, ill-clad commoners, that didn't even deserve the loaves of bread they munched on. When I win the tournament, he thought, this will all change.

((Please use OOC for non IC stuff, Super Dark. :smallsmile:))

UncleWolf
2010-09-08, 05:44 PM
Erasmus, the shadowed blade of his Captain, flanks his commander and the two guards, sticking to the shadows, his dark clothing making him blend into the darkness. At all times his hands are under folds of his clothing, holding onto the pommels of his poisoned blades. He didn't care for honor or glory or fame. Hell, he didn't even care about his rather high pay.

He was here, because Krzych was here.

As he sneaks from shadow to shadow, looking like just another beggar, Erasmus thinks upon the dirty work he'll hopefully be called to do as well and smiles cruelly.

Hopefully this place would be interesting.

Cracklord
2010-09-09, 11:13 PM
A grim shadow of a man watched the proceedings from the box, standing propped against one of the supports. What the peasants were doing passed him by. I was his own kind he cared about.
This was the time to watch, to listen, to make deals and arrange 'accidents'. This was a time when court and outlying nobles would be gathered here, stirred from their contended stupor to take part in life once more. Opportunity.
That alone made the expense of the festivities well worth it. That, and giving the lower nobles something to focus on instead of useful things such as minding their estates.
Besides, the peasants seemed to be enjoying themselves.
Bread and circuses.

At last he comes to a conclusion. He lights his pipe, and puffs contentedly, then signals to a page. The boy runs over, and Wulfric bends down, slipping him a silver sovereign. "I would very much like to meet Sir Joshua." He says in a silky, convincing voice at odds with his appearance. While he himself seemed vaguely repellant and made people uncomfortable, it had been remarked he could convince a demon to set itself on fire.

Executor
2010-09-09, 11:54 PM
Sir Korokis

"Confident, are we?" said a deep bass-voice. You turn to see a rider in a brown cloak, upon an equally brown horse, next to you. Amongst all the noise and excitement, you hadn't even heard him approach. Though you could not see the stranger's face, you knew he was looking at you through the shadows of the hood pulled low over his head.

"I would counsel thee to remember that the High Power does not smile upon man's hubris" the rider said, and then spurred his horse forward to pass you. A sudden gust of wind whipped up in the narrow street, and the hem of the rider's heavy cloak is tossed upwards by it. In a split second, you see a flash of mail rings, and a sword hanging from the stranger's belt, with a pommel carved like a roaring lion's head.

Sir Joshua

A boy arrives, a page by his appearance. He recognizes you by your unique weapon.

"You are Sir Joshua?" It is a more a statement than a question. "My Lord Wulfric would very much like to speak with you, if you will follow me, my lord"

Captain Kryzch & Erasmus

You notice a bird perched upon a store's sign post ahead of you. It is a starling, and it seems to be looking at you. As you and your comrades pass the sign post, the bird takes flight, hovers in air for a moment, and then turns and swoops down towards you. The two men with you swear as it narrowly misses their heads, and then passes yours. Your horse is startled for a second, but then the starling lands upon it's head, right in between it's ears, and the horse calms down immediately. This would be strange enough, if you didn't notice the next thing about the starling: It has a roll of parchment attached to it's leg, like a messenger pigeon. The look in its eyes clearly says that it wants you to take the tiny scroll.

Ian Wulfric

A servant enters your box. He is an older one, but a very trusted one, who has dealt in information gathering for you for many years. He approaches you from behind and sets a hand on your shoulder as he leans down next to your ear and whispers words that send a chill down your spine:

"My lord, I believe one of the Aelarim has entered the city..."

Sir Cavalger

The procession leads up to the Citadel of Ashel, the great castle built by the founders of the city to be a final stronghold should the outer walls and town fall to an enemy army. You proceed through the cavernous tunnel of the gatehouse, and marvel at the strength of Ashel's construction, with stout walls and mighty towers. Within the citadel, you are brought to a great tournament field, the outer courtyard of the three-layered concentric citadel, and the only uncobbled courtyard. Indeed, the grass grows freely in this one, so as to cushion a knight's fall from his horse during the great melee or the joust. The tournament field is immense, one of the largest in Atra, a full one hundred yards from north to south and fifty yards from west to east. It has been surrounded by great stands for the city's nobles and commoners a like. The procession becomes a parade as the knights upon their horses fall into ranks as they enter the tournament grounds, while their squires and shield-bearers take away their baggage to the open spaces outside of the tournament field, to set up camp.

At the western end of the field, is a tall dais, where a stooped old figure stands. It is Abrahim, the old Duke of Ashel, stooped under the weight of mail armour and heavy ducal crown. Despite his frailty in old age, the ring of burly knights and kinsmen in full armour with the Ashelan leopard upon their kite shields lends a undeniable authority to the old man's form.

"Knights" he begins, his voice is still as strong as ever despite his old age, and it carries easily over the vast field to every knight's ears.

"Lords. Peers of Atra. My honoured guests! Welcome... to Ashel!" he pauses as the crowds and the knights cheer, the roar of thousands of voices echoing across Windmere's waters.

"We are gathered here, on the first day of June, in the one thousand and forty second year since Great Artor lead us across the Lost Road, to celebrate the founding of Ashel, as we have on this day since time immemorial! In the streets, there will be a great festival, and here, there shall be a great tournament! Tonight, honoured guests, you shall feast in my hall, and tomorrow morning, the tournament shall begin! May the Creator-King grant you glory on the field tomorrow!". The cheers were thunderous, as the knights shouted their eagerness for the glory a victory at Ashel would bring them. All of them were aware that the Herald of Atra was in Ashel for this tournament, and he would be watching the games closely, seeking out the best and the bravest for the Royal Tournament in two months time.

Cracklord
2010-09-10, 07:34 AM
The lord glances at him. Retreating back a step so his murmuring would not be heard by the nobles whose company he was entertaining, Wulfric replies in a lox, deadpan voice, almost totally without emotion. "Good. Well done, as usual you are beyond value. Find him a room at a good inn, and rooms for his men as well. One where he will be an oddity, but not enough to be investigated too closely. It would be best if I was not seen in the company of strange mercenaries amongst court. It would set a bad precedent."
And make me a target of suspicion. He pointedly didn't add that, though it was going through both their heads.
He stroked his thin jaw, tracing the contours of his pinched, hollow cheeks. "Do not let him hear my name, of course. Not until we can be sure of his loyalty, to coin if not to me. For now it will be enough for him to know I have money and enemies in plentiful supply. Give him anything he asks within reason. Best he think of me as generous as well."

Morty
2010-09-10, 01:41 PM
Krzych takes the scroll from the bird and opens it, all the while expecting more strange occurencies to happen. There's no way a bird can be so finely trained so as to land on a horse's head and not be scared of the throng of people on the streets. The horse's behavior is even more strange.

nanobot_swarm
2010-09-10, 02:25 PM
The Bastard Kain Siward walks about the gardens of his manor, lost in thought. He enjoys walking about in these gardens, as they remind him of the more pleasent memories of living in the wilds. His father Ulric had cared little for them, prefering to keep his eyes out for pretty women, so when he had taken over by force, he had made sure to uplift them from their state of disregard. The place was quite beautiful now, colorful flowers from the region had been mixed with more exotic ones he imported from forgien lands. But then his train of thought became derailed as his mother entered the garden and moved towards him. She was old, even though she was barely even thirty, the years of working for his father as a servant had not been kind to her. She walked up to him and said, "Dear, she has come to see you."
Instantly he knew who his mother refered to, the witch who acted as his foster mother, Hecate. He hurried to the main hall where the hag waited. She was old, her long hair turned grey long ago, she was short and sort of hunched over, and wore dirty brown robes. Kain dismissed all other servants in the room, and the hag spoke, "Kain, good to see you, gone long you have been. Life in the manor of Ulric good I see."
"Indeed dear Hecate it has been a long time, and life here has been quite fine."
"Remember, a debt you owe to us, for raising you to avenge thyself, for a crime most foul, commited when you were a babe."
"And how may I pay off this debt? Are you going to ask for my firstborn son like in those children's tales?"
"Bah do not mock me with those silly stories, I would never ask something like that from thee. A tournament is to be held, and the winner will be granted a single wish from the king himself. Wish him dead, and your debt shall be paid."
"Very well dear Hecate, consider it done."
With that she departed into the morning mist, and Kain prepared himself to depart to the tournament.

Executor
2010-09-11, 02:55 PM
Ian Wulfric

The servant blanches, surprised at your request. He had assumed that any Aelarim around would be dealt with by somewhat less polite means. Means involving daggers in backs in shadowy alleys.

"Are you sure that is wise, my Lord? After all, the Aelarim are fanatical servants of the King, and my sources tell me that this one" The servant trailed off, unsure as to whether he should tell you the information or not.

"Well, they tell me that this one might be the Marshal of the Aelarim, my Lord" he finished.

Kryzch

The scroll reads:

"Greetings Sir Kryzch

I am in need of a man of your unique abilities. I offer employment for both you and your company. Payment shall be very handsome, and there will be ample opportunities for looting. If you are interested, you can meet a servant of mine at The Knight & Lady inn, here in Ashel"

There is no signature.

Kain Siward

As you depart from your manor, you meet an old man on the road. His hair is thin and white, and his skin is like old leather. As you meet his gaze, you notice that his eyes are the creamy white of a blind man, yet his is most definitely staring at you. He holds a massive, leatherbound Book of Sun and Moon, the holy book of the Church, beneath one arm.

"You have brought Death unto Creation, and evil into my world, never shall thy rest, for thy are Banished from death, and doomed to wander the world forever more" the old man says in a voice like an experienced preacher. It is a passage from the Book of Sun and Moon, specifically from when the High Power cursed the worshippers of the Witch in the Old Times to never be able to pass on and find the peace of Death. You have often wondered if the hag who raised you was one of those Banished.

Mina Kobold
2010-09-11, 03:56 PM
Sir Cavalger

Sir Cavalger cheers along with the knights and listens to the speak, imagining how great the first Atrans must have been to build such a city and to have their traditions last for so long.

(Are the knights supposed to follow the duke to his dinning hall now? I' not sure what the duke expects them to do, he didn't mention anything about being allowed to leave.)

Executor
2010-09-11, 04:40 PM
((OOC: Try to keep OOC comments to the OOC thread. However, to answer your question: They are on their own to set up their camp, or seek lodging in one of the city's many taverns, until later in the evening when they will join the duke for the feast))

nanobot_swarm
2010-09-11, 04:47 PM
Kain gives a deep belly laugh at the old man and says, "It's about time someone admits that I am forsaken, being a bastard left to die wasn't enough it seems. You're probably going to see the Creator soon, so be a good man and tell him, that if he is unhappy with my existance, then he should have killed me when I was an innocent babe, he had plenty of chances to do so. Here's some payment to do so, buy plenty to eat for you and your family. Also remind him the favor I did by riding the world of that monster Ulric, and his spoiled offspring." He throws a small bag of gold coins at the feet of the old man.

UncleWolf
2010-09-11, 06:37 PM
Erasmus doesn't wait for the orders from his commander as his sharp eyes read over the script as well. It was a business offer, and one that he believes the Captain would accept. Without another word, he heads to the specified inn to scout it out.

Mina Kobold
2010-09-12, 04:35 AM
Sir Cavalger

As the knights march out to their respective camps, Cavalger meets up with George who have been digging up old favours ad managed to find a Blacksmith who would appraise Cavagler's armour for a small price and a room at an inn.

When the time of the feast was near Cavalger rode to the Duke's halls, trusting George to take care of upholding the lie that allowed him to fight along the knights in the great tournament.

It was a lie he had not been much happy about but it had been necessary and now that he was in the city he was beginning to dream about actually winning the tournament, about the glorious jousts that would impress all the lords who had gathered to watch the tournament...

George looked after him and shook his head, silently whispering to himself

"I just hope he will be alright, youngsters these days think too much with their hearts and forget to think with their heads too"

Of course, as much as he didn't want to admit it he was himself dreaming about the tournament and about walking among nobility as he had when in employment of Lord Cavalger.

Falgorn
2010-09-12, 09:55 AM
Joshua looked down at the boy, wondeing silently what a 'Lord Wulfric' could want with him. "Very well then," he said, his voice bearing ill-deserved pride. "Take me to him, boy." And where the boy lead, Joshua followed, planning what to do once he reached this Lord, and, more importantly, what he could extort from this Lord.

"Tell me, lad, who is your Lord Wulfric? And what does he want?"

Morty
2010-09-12, 10:05 AM
Krzych

Curious, the mercenary captain says to himself as he reads the letter. But it's definetly worth looking into. Let's go there, men... but not too quickly. We'll give Erasmus enough time to observe the place. Krzych turns his horse and heads in the direction of the inn mentioned in the letter.

Maxios
2010-09-14, 02:57 PM
Sir Korokis entered the city where the tournament was being held. He asked the nearest civilian "Where's the tournament being held at?"

Cracklord
2010-09-15, 06:21 AM
Wulfric
"And will we avail their suspicions by acting like thieves and conspirators? On the contrary. Better they are not given to suspect anything of me but the best of intentions. And we should make every effort to convince them. Make them see me as a patron, a supporter of their crusade. Perhaps even encourage them to come to me with their suspicions, in order to solicit my assistance."
He gives the a small smile. "An enemy you make into your friend is one you never have to fight, are they not?"

The Keep
Wulfric keep was a massive structure looming atop a small hill where it could watch over its estates without being too close. The keep was surrounded by unspoilt wilderness, massive trees of incalculable age surrounding it on every side, a swift flowing stream of icy water running about the perimeter of the forrest from which the keep rose like an island in the sea. It was an ugly structure, sprawled atop the hill like some bloated, black toad. Its walls were high, perhaps fifty feet, its battlements craggy and irregular, like the broken teeth of some feral hound. The central tower rose above the main mass by another fifty feet, affording it a view that encompassed the entire district. It was without windows, arrow slits or murder-holes, it's smooth black face only broken by the huge door that fronted it, and the smaller gate that swung open to admit the two strangers.

A bald headed, round faced man wearing a heavy black cloak over his dun colored tunic and burgundy breeches watched the two arrive from a raised platform in the central courtyard. He studied them for a moment, then detached himself from the doorway in which he had been framed and descended the stone staircase towards the two strangers.
"Allow me to welcome you to the keep." He announced somewhat warmly, though his eyes told a different story. "I am Ivar Kohl, steward to his lordship and manager of his estates. I am afraid the lord is unavailable, but I am sure he would bid me to offer you noble sirs what hospitality we can."

Executor
2010-09-18, 07:42 PM
Ian Wulfric

"Very well, my Lord, if you are so sure of yourself, it shall be done" The servant said, and bowed lowly before turning and exiting the box. In his mind, he thought that Lord Wulfric had gone mad, attempting to deal with those Aelarim fanatics with guile and subterfuge. The servant knew that any of the Aelarim, especially Marshal Conran, learned of Wulfric's ambitions, Lord Wulfric would be chopped into mincemeat without the slightest pity or mercy.

"My Lord Conran? You are not an easy man to find, especially in this bustle" The servant said, some hours later, when he finally tracked down the brown-cloaked Marshal of the Aelarim. The ancient knight turned his glance to the servant, who felt transfixed in place for a moment by its intensity.

"I try to keep it that way" The Marshal's voice rumbled.

"My lord would like to offer you a room at the Knight & Lady Inn, and rooms for all of your men as-"

"I came alone" Conran cut him off.

"Oh, well, still, my lord offers his hospitality" replied Wulfric's servant

"Yes, I suppose he would. Lead on then" said the Marshal.

Joshua

"He is a very great lord of the kingdom, my Lord, that is all you need know for now, and he desires your assistance." The page replied as he led Joshua through the busy and winding streets of Ashel, up the long hill towards the Citadel, under the arch of the gates, and then around the side of the tournament grounds to Lord Wulfric's private box.

"He is right in there, my Lord" the page says, indicating the door on the back of the box.

Erasmus

The main room of the Knight & Lady was a broad common room, with a fireplace at one end, and many long wooden tables with benches along it. The door you entered through is on the opposite end of the hall, across from the fireplace. As you enter, you see a thin, bearded innkeeper with mugs of ale in his hand.

"'Ello, young mastah. Cannay help ye?" The innkeeper said in the thick accent of the Ashelan lower classes.

Kryzch

Some minutes later, you find yourself in front of the building that you had seen Erasmus enter. It is a squat two-storey building of wood and stone, with many large windows. A sign hangs above the door, depicting a kneeling knight in armour holding the hand of a flattered looking noble lady. A young boy approaches you from the stables that are attached to the side of the inn.

"Cannay take yer horses for ye, sah?" The stableboy asks.

Sir Korokis

"Why, at the castle up thar, me Lordship" The peasant responded, pointing with a finger at the road that would lead you to the tournament grounds.

Sir Cavalger

You have come to the castle quite early, there are only a few knights around in the great hall, making light conversation while the servants prepare for the feast.

Wulfric Keep

One of the twins smiled, that odd eerie smile of his.

"Yes, hospitality would be much appreciated, my fine Master Kohl. A room would be much appreciated, for my brother and I. Somewhere quiet and away from all the crowds, if you please" said the smiling twin.

"Yes, a quiet place to ourselves, that would be nice" added his scowling counterpart.

Kain Siward

"Blessed are the ignorant, for they know no worry or care" The old man quotes from the Book again, with a faint smile on his lips. The rheumy old eyes stare into you, almost like they're staring through you. He has the fiery glance of a Church patriarch, this old man.

"So it was that the LORD, in wrath, said unto the Banished, "A plague upon thee, and on thy sons, and on thy sons' sons, plagues shall beget plagues in abundance; thou shalt go up into thy house, and in thy bedchamber thou find'st thy wife barren, thy hearth shall not yield thee warmth, thy victuals shall not yield thee satisfaction. Thus thy evils are paid in fire and by the sword." Thus saith the ONE." He continued, still quoting from the passage on the fate of the Banished. He seems to be trying to warn you of something.

UncleWolf
2010-09-18, 08:03 PM
Knight and Lady Inn

Erasmus takes a slow look around for a person who might be able to deliver the promised amounts of money. "An Ale." He says, passing the barkeep a few coins, uncaring if it's too much for the drink. Erasmus will slowly walk to a dark corner of the room and settle himself into a chair as he waits.

Watching, as always.

Morty
2010-09-19, 02:17 PM
Krzych

Yes, do so, says Krzych, slipping some coins into the stable boy's hand. I hope you'll take care of them well. The mercenary captain enters the estabilishment with his two men and looks around before approaching the barkeep. He makes no sign he recognizes Erasmus, of course.

Cracklord
2010-09-22, 09:01 PM
Wulfric Keep
"I'll have your rooms prepared at once." Kohl replies, turning smartly and making his way back into the keep. As he does so, his servile smile slips away, revealing a cunning, cruel look, with eyes like icy chips of flint. He was Lord Wulfric's oldest and only true friend for a reason.
A delicate thing with auburn hair and eyes that, on first glance were green but soon revealed themselves to be an entire kaleidoscope of colors. She curtsies to the two. She moves as pleasingly as she looks, they can't help but notice. She is Wulfric's daughter. "May I show you your rooms?" She asks in a thick voice. Men-at-arms have taken their cloaks and luggage.

Ian
He resumes watching the tournament. At last he gets to his feet, slowly and painfully with an audible popping of joints. On to the business at hand.

nanobot_swarm
2010-09-23, 05:23 AM
A frown appears on Siward's face, but then it transforms into a smile. He says with malice, "Indeed blessed are you old man, for you are indeed ignorant. You believe that evil was brought into the world by a few people. Why did the Creator not eliminate evil, he had the power to do so? It's simple really, evil has always existed in the hearts of man, and to eliminate it would mean to eliminate the human race. Kings with supposedly Holy blood have been tyrants, butchers, and hedonists; many of the nobles are no different. Churchmen claim their houses are Holy places, but really they are brothels, where they greedily exploit the faith of the masses to enrich themselves. Others have used this faith as an excuse to murder someone they like not, even on the level of nations this is true. Married men cheat on spouses to satisfy their own desires, the taxman charges higher than necessary just to fill his pockets, and men in power scheme to gain more power at the expense of others. No Witch put evil in this world, she'd have no need to, men were already evil enough."
He storms off, hate burning hotly inside of him, Hecate had shown him the many sins of past and present, and they had filled him with hate. The bag of coins still rest at the blind old man's feet.

Executor
2010-09-27, 03:53 AM
Knight & Lady Inn

A cloaked man approaches Captain Krzych, a hood pulled low to obscure his features.

"Captain Krzych, I presume?" the man says in a low tone.

"May I assume that your presence here indicates your interest in my Master's business proposal?" he continues.

Wulfric Keep

The twins shoot those same eerie smiles at each other. Smiles of the sort that make cold sweat run down a brave man's back.

"Yes, young girl, that would be most helpful of you" says the more talkative one, smiling at her. His more quiet companion smiles too. These twins seem to always be smiling.

Ian Wulfric & Joshua

Wulfric page opens the door, revealing Lord Wulfric to Joshua's eyes for the first time.

"My Lord, may I present Sir Joshue, brought here as you requested" the page says, assuming a courtly posture as he bows lowly to Lord Wulfric.

Kain Siward

The old man stands there for a long moment, the breeze rustling the leaves of the trees all around him. You can almost feel his gaze boring into the back of your head as you walk off. Glancing back, you notice that the old man has gone, and the bag of coins still rests where you left it.

Some miles down the road, you come to an inn. The skies are darkening, and you are too far from your manor to return for the night. The inn is a low, squat building of sturdy brick. In the yard in front of the building, you see a young boy with a sling in hand, looking with amazement at a tree branch, where the object that appears to be holding his gaze is a sticky mass of rotten flesh and maggots, with a few black feathers protruding out.

"It just burst" the boy murmurs as you come closer. "That crow had been eating out of garden, and when I threw the stone at it, it just burst" he continues.

nanobot_swarm
2010-09-27, 02:57 PM
Kain Siward
He had some suspicion about the strange old man before, but after such a sudden disappearence, he was almost certain he had been a servant to the Creator. He traveled much faster after that, and was glad to find an inn to stop, but this gladness ceased when he saw the burst crow. Kain knows an omen when he sees one, but decides to reassure the boy, "A fat crow gets its just desserts, good job lad." He goes into the inn and searches for its keeper, intent to rent a room for the night.

Morty
2010-09-29, 07:34 AM
Knight & Lady Inn

A cloaked man approaches Captain Krzych, a hood pulled low to obscure his features.

"Captain Krzych, I presume?" the man says in a low tone.

"May I assume that your presence here indicates your interest in my Master's business proposal?" he continues.

Krzych turns to face the seedy character. Indeed I have. I'm eager to hear it.