PDA

View Full Version : [D&D editions with generators] Insane Generated Characters

Jergmo
2010-09-07, 09:50 PM
A while ago, I had a bit of fun with generating characters (typically commoners), and using what was generated as a base to create an insane little character. I tinkered around with some stats, as well as the name, but it's all based on the basic character that was generated. The one I will post below is my favorite out of the bunch.

The generator (http://www.myth-weavers.com/generate_npc.php?) that was used.

Jamison Merit the Hermit: 2nd level human commoner. CR: 1 - Chaotic Neutral
HP: 6 Init: +0 AC: 9 (-1 Dex)
Attack: Spear +1 melee (1d8+1)
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +0, Will +5
Str 13, Dex 9, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 16, Cha 9
Skills: Craft(Blacksmithing) +3, Craft(Painting) +6, Craft(Shipmaking) +6, Knowledge(The Planes) +8, Survival +5
Feats: Skill Focus(Knowledge: The Planes), Iron Will
Bedroll, sack, waterskin, winter blanket, artisan's tools, toolbox (hammer, crowbar, nails), paint, paintbrush

Languages: Common, Celestial.

Jamison Merit's life began as that of a simple shipmaker, his craft mostly limited to small fishing boats. One day, however, his life was turned upside down when he stumbled upon a planar rift when going to a private place to urinate. Jamison was hurled across the planes, his trousers thoroughly soiled. His travels across the planes lasted nearly two decades, and only through a combination of chance and, in time, celestial intervention did he survive. Under the tutelage and protection of the hound archon Lothario, Jamison became well-versed in the ways of the planes and its inhabitants; his mind was hardened by his ordeals and lessons. In time, they discovered a portal back to the world Jamison was from, near his home.

After parting ways, Jamison withdrew from society. Today, he has adopted a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, and mainly subsists via spearfishing. He remains devoted to his craft of building boats, but has taken to painting vivid and often disturbing pieces on his boats, leading to the majority of them not being sold. A few collectors have approached him with interest, but after a time he lost interest in selling the boats. Now, a flotilla of painted boats float tethered to the beach of his lake home, marking it for those who wish to hear his stories and, for those who are less skeptical that seek his lore.

Zaydos
2010-09-07, 10:01 PM
How'd a level 2 human get 19 Dex?

Jergmo
2010-09-07, 10:03 PM
How'd a level 2 human get 19 Dex?

I have no idea how that happened. It's supposed to be 9. /fix