PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Fast Healing/List of Stuff

The Glyphstone
2010-09-08, 12:34 AM
Does anyone have a handy link to the "List of Stuff" that gets tossed around every so often? I'm trying to figure out how many different ways there are to get Fast Healing.

SethFahad
2010-09-08, 12:46 AM
I don't have the link but I have the whole thread saved in my laptop. :smallsmile:

here it goes:

Fast healing

Fast Healing via Classes
Warshaper 4, ecl 8 (CW)
Nature's Warrior 1 (CW), Wild Growth ability
Soldier of Light (D&D) 7th
Wild Reaper 16th (DrMg 311)
Saingehirn 5th (WoTC Mind's Eye)
Ranger 9, Shifter racial substitution level (+Con trait), Races of Eberron
Scion of Tem-Et-Nu 3, ecl 8, Sandstorm, fast healing 5 only when you begin your turn in or adjacent to river
Dragon Shaman, fast healing aura, PHB 2, affects allies
Incandescent Champion 2, ecl 8, Magic of Incarnum - very limited, but can share it with allies at level 9
Celestial Mystic 10, ecl 17, Book of Exalted Deeds, fast healing 2 to all within 10'
Master of Many Forms 7, ecl 12, Complete Adventurer - turn into any creature that has fast healing as an (Ex) ability
Soldier of Light 7, ecl 12, Deities and Demigods
Eldritch Theurge 2, ecl 8, complete Mage - limited duration, see text
Argent Fist 10, ecl 15, Faiths of Eberron - variable effect, limited duration, see text
Sanctified One (Elhonna) 1 or 3 or 5/5, ecl 6, Complete Champion, fast healing 5 for 10 rounds, once per day
Dragon Prophet 5, ecl 10, Magic of Eberron, see text
Wildrunner 10, ecl 15, Races of the Wild, limited duration

Templates
Half-Troll +4 LA (Fiend Folio)
Saint +2 LA (BoED)
Feral +1 LA (SS)
Anarchic +5 LA (Planar HB, at 4+ HD)
Shadow +2 LA (Lords of Madness)
Half-Vampire +2 LA (LM), up to half full normal hit points
Evolved Undead +1 LA (LM)
Vivacious +5 LA (Planar HB)
Radiant +3 LA (Dragon #321) (when exposed to any light source)
Curst +3 LA (LEoF)
Greenbound +5 LA (LEoF)
Dry Lich (Walker in the Waste 10, PrC Sandstorm)
Unholy Scion +5 (Heroes of Horror), fast healing 4

Race
Mul +1 LA (Dragon #319, at 10th+ level)

Feats
Combat Vigor, feat, Player's Handbook II
Sacred Healing, ecl 5, divine feat, Complete Warrior - all allies within 60' burst
Touchstone (Womb of Kikanuti), feat, Sandstorm, long duration but limited use
Troll-blooded (Dragon 319), Regen 1
Dragonmark Rage, feat, Eberron: Dragonmarked - see text
Brand of Nine Hells (Glasya), feat, ecl?, Fiendish Codex II, fast healing 3 for 10 minutes 1/day, see text
Devil's Stamina, feat, Fiendish Codex II, variable 1/day, see text
Healing Devotion, domain feat, Complete Champion, fast healing 1, see text

Other
Phoenix Belt, soulmeld, Magic of Incarnum, see text
Buer, vestige, ecl 7, Tome of Magic
Healing Blood, Silthilar Graft, Lords of Madness
Millenium Chainmail, armor, Complete Divine
persistent Mass Lesser Vigor spell
Dragon Mantle, soulmeld, Dragon Magic, up to half full normal hit point
Druid (Spontaneous Rejuvenation variant), PHB 2, see text
Rapid Regeneration, feat, Fiendish Codex II, improves regeneration by 1, see text
Paragnostic Apostle 1, ecl 4?, Complete Champion, summoned creatures have fast healing, see text

The Glyphstone
2010-09-08, 12:48 AM
Thankya much.

Nick_mi
2010-09-08, 12:49 AM
How does fast healing work? you gain that much hp per level? (asking specifically about dragon shaman aura)

The Glyphstone
2010-09-08, 12:51 AM
You regain that many HP each round.

SethFahad
2010-09-08, 12:53 AM
How does fast healing work? you gain that much hp per level? (asking specifically about dragon shaman aura)

Dragon shaman' s aura of Vigor (fast healing) grants you a number of hp per round equal to your aura bonus and only if you have less than half your hit points

Kelb_Panthera
2010-09-08, 12:55 AM
fast healing heals you a certain number of HP per round. The number of HP healed each round is listed in the notation for the ability eg: Fast Healing 5 heals you 5 HP per round.

2xMachina
2010-09-08, 01:06 AM
Linky (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871954/Lists_of_Stuff)

WTF, white text

Person_Man
2010-09-08, 10:02 AM
I would add that you might want to look at the many sources of temporary hit points (Stone Power, Minor Shapeshift), vampiric healing (Claws of the Vampire, Nychyaella’s Healing Spear), and Free/Swift/Immediate Action healing (Hellreaver, having an NPC pour a potion down your throat), and Energy healing (Tomb Tainted Soul + Lord of the Uttercold, Frostrager + Energy Substitution).

They tend to be far more efficient then Fast Healing.

Ormagoden
2010-09-08, 10:20 AM
Frostrager + Energy Substitution

<snip>

::sits in awe::
ohhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh

The Glyphstone
2010-09-08, 10:50 AM
I would add that you might want to look at the many sources of temporary hit points (Stone Power, Minor Shapeshift), vampiric healing (Claws of the Vampire, Nychyaella’s Healing Spear), and Free/Swift/Immediate Action healing (Hellreaver, having an NPC pour a potion down your throat), and Energy healing (Tomb Tainted Soul + Lord of the Uttercold, Frostrager + Energy Substitution).

They tend to be far more efficient then Fast Healing.

None of those are really practical for the situation I'm in, unfortunately. It's a fairly niche campaign in an extremely low-magic world; I'm playing a "faith healer"-esque Incarnate with the Lifebond Vestments soulmeld, I just wanted a way to innately recover the wounds I inflicted on myself by using them.

Tetrasodium
2010-09-08, 11:11 AM
None of those are really practical for the situation I'm in, unfortunately. It's a fairly niche campaign in an extremely low-magic world; I'm playing a "faith healer"-esque Incarnate with the Lifebond Vestments soulmeld, I just wanted a way to innately recover the wounds I inflicted on myself by using them.

You might also be able to convince your DM to let you take epic fast healing (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Fast_Healing_(Feat)) or a weaker version of it. The minor shapechange feat someone mentioned is fairly nice as well, you can get your HD in temp hp each round as a swift(?) action provided you have a polymorph spell of a certain level or higher memorized I think it is.

The Glyphstone
2010-09-08, 11:16 AM
You might also be able to convince your DM to let you take epic fast healing (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Fast_Healing_(Feat)) or a weaker version of it. The minor shapechange feat someone mentioned is fairly nice as well, you can get your HD in temp hp each round as a swift(?) action provided you have a polymorph spell of a certain level or higher memorized I think it is.

That's basically what I'm working for, actually. All the players get a minor 'boon' to account for their unique nature. A free Bonus Feat and the Changeling Minor Shapechange racial ability have been two of the examples given/taken, I wanted Fast Healing and was approved but needed to figure out how much would be appropriate.

Adumbration
2010-09-08, 11:46 AM
You can also take Draconic Aura (vigor) as a feat, if you're 3rd level and are dragonblooded. IIRC.

Person_Man
2010-09-08, 11:58 AM

Well, if your DM allows you to play a Mechanatrix (Fiend Folio), you can heal yourself with Electricity damage via the Lightning Gauntlets soulmeld.

With the Share Soulmeld feat, your Animal Companion, Familiar, or Mount shares the effects of your soulmelds. A common house rule is to allow a Soulspark Familiar (created by said soulmeld) to benefit from this feat. Since the Soulspark has Fast Healing and can share in using your Vitality Belt and Lifebond Vestments, he can act as your party's healing battery.

You can get Fast Healing via the Phoenix Belt soulmeld and any source of Fire damage, but it has to be bound to your Waist chakra, so it's not available until 14th level. And even then I consider it a waste of a valuable Chakra Bind.

There's also Martial Spirit, which heals 2 damage whenever you hit someone. A nice DM should allow infinite healing through "sparring" or meditation or whatnot. Available for 2 feats (Martial Study->Martial Stance).

The Amulet of Retributive Healing (2000gp, MiC Page 69) heals you by the same amount of any healing effect (thus if you target a friend with Lifebond Vestments, you share the healing, negating the hit point loss on yourself) 3 times per day. You also have easy access to UMD via Mage's Spectacles. But I guess if you're in an extremely low magic world, it doesn't matter how cheap the healing magic items might be.

I'd also like to point out the importance of the Necrocarnum Circle soulmeld. When bound to your Crown chakra (Incarnate 2) it allows you to make unlimited Necrocarnum Zombies (although only 1 at a time, and it's hit die are limited by your meldshaper level). This zombie should throw himself in front of enemies, soaking up their attacks. When he dies, just replace him with a fallen enemy. If you hang back and use a reach or ranged weapon or soulmelds, you should rarely take damage in melee. This won't necessarily allow you to heal everyone in your party, but at least it means you won't need healing very often.

The Glyphstone
2010-09-08, 12:52 PM
Necrocarnum would be nice, but I'm Good, so it's out. Besides, like I said, the concept is a sort of 'faith-healer' - the PCs are minor godling/divinely touched beings in an otherwise mundane world, my shtick is going around to peasant villages and healing their injured with a touch (while also beating the crap out of whatever evil is threatening them via Incarnate Warhammer). Neither Lifebond Vestments nor Fast Healing are of any real value in combat because of their respective cooldown/slow recovery rate, at least until I can open my Heart chakra - it's just supposed to be a flavor thing to help the concept.

It's looking like Fast Healing 2 is right about the proper level for the bonus ability, so that's probably what I'll be getting. With essentia invested, I can heal 20 HP to someone 1/hour, and will recover the damage I took in 30 seconds, so it works nicely.

Tetrasodium
2010-09-08, 01:47 PM
Neither Lifebond Vestments nor Fast Healing are of any real value in combat because of their respective cooldown/slow recovery rate

Technically fast healing 1 kinda sorta auto-stabilizes you if you get dropped to negative hp, fast healing 2 will pull you out when you fail your stabilize check. Once you make the check, you get pulled out :).