PDA

View Full Version : Mad Schemes IC thread ( Chapter I )

Pages : [1] 2

Tsumeken
2010-09-08, 12:11 PM
Chapter I: Forgotten Scriptures

The city of Waterdeep was alive on this morning with the sounds of trade along the streets of silk. Though many try to gain your attention for business you have a different destination in mind. The Cathedral of Waterdeep reaches high into the sky as a testament to the splendor of the already impressive cityscape. As you walk through the large double doors into the foyer you are greeted by the sounds of music filling the area. The inner cathedral itself is a large room (150ft x 100ft ) with a high vaulted ceiling (70ft high) A statue of a Deva stands at the far east wall behind a dais. It appears to be made of bronze for the body and gold for the dressings that it wears, the angelic expression on the face a welcoming one.

The keepers of the temple roam here and there going about the daily routine. One of them approaches you as you enter and bows low, "I see you have received our letter. my name is Farlie and I am one of the many spiritual guides of this temple. I will take you to the waiting room where you may enjoy some time before the head of our order meets with you." While leading you to the room, Farlie explains that this cathedral is actually not in testament to any god but rather to all gods (at least those of light) , thanking them for the world that we live in today and the hope for a glorious future. The waiting room is not nearly as plain as you would have thought a large room in itself (50 x 60) many chairs and sofas line the walls as a buffet has also apparently been prepared for you to give you comfort as you wait. "I shall return with his excellency shortly." Farlie replied as he stepped out leaving you to your own devices.

(Alright everyone is given the same introduction to this area and you may mingle as you all arrive)

dark_scarab
2010-09-08, 12:25 PM
A short, athletic man in dark, richly accented clothes saunters through into the large room after making an obeisance to the gods. Stroking his goatee, he looks around the room and, seeing as he is the first to arrive, makes his way to the buffet table to get a goblet of wine. A mysterious note, a grand cathedral, and a buffet! Could this day get any better? With goblet in hand and smiling slightly, the middle-aged noble sinks into a sofa and sips his wine, wondering when the head of the order will meet with him... Even if he never arrives, it's always worth a carriage ride for a free meal!

VirgoBushin
2010-09-08, 12:41 PM
A rather tall woman, especially for a half-elf, had been running.. She had just gotten out of Thay and found out, the rather hard way, it hadn't been the best place for her to have gone to. But past was past, was it not? That was why she was starting over, per se, and beginning her search for her father here in Waterdeep. Whilst to others, the idea might sound ridiculous, she herself cared not of others opinions. She never had... though it was probably in her true nature; one that which she'd made very well sure to avoid keeping from anyone else save her aunt or mother.

Her flowing long copper hair hung down, stopping mid-way behind her back. She had sapphire blue eyes and stood at a full height of 5'8". Finally, she looked from the letter to the place she was supposed to meet at. "Guess this is it...." She murmured to herself and walked in. Thus far, it seemed she was the second person to arrive and the other person was a human, which made her inwardly smile. They were usually easy to lie to so she wasn't overly worried. She bowed her head politely but not too low; she didn't dare want her hat falling off for many-a-reason. As her head raised back up, she finally spoke to the man, keeping her tone in Common despite the fact she knew many, many others, "And you are, I'm guessing,, one of the others that has been asked to come here? I am Diana Tallis. You are?" She asked, waiting to hear his name.

dark_scarab
2010-09-08, 12:52 PM
The man stands and makes a flourishing bow, all while holding the goblet steady and being sure not to spill a drop, "The Baron Vincent Uldred, at your service Lady. I did not expect any company this morning, but such a beauty is certainly welcome. In fact, your presence has brightened this already good day! Come, I'll pour you a drink and we can talk more..."

Action suiting his words but not waiting for a reply, Baron Uldred makes for the buffet table and pours a goblet of wine for Diana and gestures to a spot on the sofa next to him.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-08, 12:58 PM
"Ah...thank goodness. A real gentleman for once. You'd be amazed how hard they're to come by, especially with me not being a full-blood human or elf. I thank you for not being one of them." Her smirk remained as she nodded and rather eagerly took up his offer for wine and a chat as she sat beside him, moving some strands of her copper hair away from her face. "So... where do you hail from anyways? Or are you from here?" She finally asked, slowly taking a sip of the wine, bowing her head in appreciation. It'd definitely been a while since she'd had anything decent to eat or drink and even though this was, she knew, a form of alcohol she wouldn't refuse considering her lack of energy from not having been able to eat or drink much lately.

dark_scarab
2010-09-08, 01:27 PM
"Lady, ah, would it be presumptuous of me to call you 'Diana'?" Baron Uldred smiles again and scoots a little closer to the half-elven woman, "It's so refreshing to meet someone to whom my name and reputation have not yet colored judgments! As to where I am from, well, I originally hail from... a ways away. You probably haven't heard of it. I have called Waterdeep home for fifteen years or so now... and yourself? Are you another penitent pensioner seeking salvation for your soul, or perhaps you know what this mysterious note is all about?"

The Baron's eyes are a sharp green and seem far more observant than his manner might suggest. He carefully notes the way she almost seems to hesitate before drinking from the goblet and files the strange behavior away for later.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-08, 01:33 PM
No...not at all. I'd rather be preferred to be called Diana, honestly." She spoke after finishing her sip of wine. It was.... an unusual taste for her as she'd never had any, but not bad nonetheless. She decided not to push the matter further as he insisted she wouldn't know of where he'd come from and had considered for years Waterdeep his home. That, for her, was a good enough answer. She chuckled as he asked, more or less, if she was here for redemption or anything of the like, "I probably should try for that eventually... but alas, it is not my main goal. No... in truth, I am seeking out my father. He is, from what I have heard, a very great adventurer and I'm hoping that there will be better clues in Waterdeep than anywhere else I've been thus far. I know that must sound sorta silly... but I've been seeking him out for... about 3 years now and I don't intend to just stop." She said, a determined hint in her voice.

Cogidubnus
2010-09-08, 01:40 PM
Asher

A tall humanoid enters the cathedral, studying each person within it momentarily. His skin is fair, but tanned, and his hair is the colour of corn in the sunlight. It is short, only just falling over his forehead. His eyes give away his inhuman nature. They are pure gold, with only the pupil marring them with black, and the colour constantly shifts, like a liquid in motion. He is muscular, beneath his armour, and holds himself with a noble bearing. His armour is the colour of burnished bronze, trimmed with bright silver, as is his kite shield, which hovers covering his left-hand side. A greatsword, with a bright green emerald set in the pommel, hangs over his back. He looks with interest as Farlie approaches him.

The Paladin thanks Farlie, but asks for a few moments. He kneels to pray by the altar in the cathedral, allowing his mind to relax, washing away the impurity that always crept in when faced with ordinary life. "Chauntea, thank you for your bounty in life. Keep my soul clean and my deeds pure."

He then rises and heads to the waiting room. Seeing the other two waiting for him, he walks over to greet them. "Morning. I am Asher das Eiluira, paladin of Chauntea, mother of life. What brings you here? Were you also summoned? But excuse me one moment, I could use a drink."

Asher helps himself to a goblet of water, and rejoins the others.

I automatically detect Chaotic and Evil alignements, so tell me if anyone I see is either.

dark_scarab
2010-09-08, 01:56 PM
Baron Uldred stands to meet the shining paladin, noting his devotional as he entered the large room. He makes a small bow to the golden knight and extends his beringed hand."Well met, noble knight of mother Chauntea! This charming young lady is Diana and I am Baron Vincent Uldred--" the Baron hesitates a moment as if waiting for a reaction.

{{OOC: If you've been in Waterdeep for any length of time and have any ties to the criminal underworld, the name might mean something to you, PM me if you have.}}
"As for myself," the Baron continues, his deep voice slightly amused, "I was given a mysterious note that directed me here. My carriage awaits outside. I was told our gracious host would be here soon, and to be honest, I was not expecting company, but I can hardly object to the quality of the folk here!"

Detection results from Ahser's scan
You detect a definite aura of chaos from the Baron, but no hint of evil.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-08, 02:23 PM
"Oh? You were given the mysterious approach as well?" She asked, chuckling a bit as she looked at the Baron. "I was too. Good to know it wasn't just me." She then noticed a new man walking into the designated waiting room and she could immediately tell from his actions he was some type of holy man as he bowed and prayed. She dipped her own head politely and was about to introduce herself before the Baron did the honor of such for her. "Pleasure to meet you. I get the feeling you will not be the last to show up." She merely replied, hinting she was definitely expecting others to arrive eventually.

Detection Findings for Asher:
You detect some chaos but no evil from the woman.

Cogidubnus
2010-09-08, 04:01 PM
Asher

"Well, I'm happy to meet both of you. This is certainly interesting. What are your stories, then?"

VirgoBushin
2010-09-08, 04:06 PM
While it had been nice of Baron to offer to speak for her, she usually preferred doing so for herself. Sometimes, it really could get annoying but she hadn't hinted this. Upon hearing the newcomer speaking to them both, she decided to speak only for herself as she didn't know why Baron had chosen to accept this request. After all, he could have refused as anyone else could; yet so far it seemed no one had done this yet. "I am seeking out someone... my father to be precise. I've been looking for about 3 years now and have found little to no hints. With what ones I have been given, however, I don't intend to give up just yet. If he was truly as good an adventurer as my mother and aunt have said, then it merely means... at least I believe.... that he's but a number of steps ahead of me. Nothing more." Straight but to the point. It was how Diana often liked things. "And you? Why did you accept this request, if I may have consent to inquire you?"

Cogidubnus
2010-09-08, 04:09 PM
"It was delivered by a rather mysterious person, whom I believe may have been a divine messenger. I took this as a sign, and our meeting at this cathedral was another sign. I live to serve the divine. Why did you respond, then, if you are searching for your father?"

VirgoBushin
2010-09-08, 04:17 PM
"Because, as I said earlier, he's an adventurer. Meaning more likely than not, he moves often from place to place. He.... is rather nontraditional with his moving habits and thus I believe I may find something here." Hopefully her words would make sense this time. Normally, she hated repeating herself but for now, while it seemed she was speaking with two soon-to-be comrades, there was no point in useless squabbling.. That could wait for later... much later.

Cogidubnus
2010-09-08, 04:22 PM
Asher

"Well, if I can help you at all, ask. I am here to serve any who need it."

monkman
2010-09-08, 04:34 PM
A middle age man, of tan skin after speaking to Farlie and getting directed to the room. Came inside and if you could came from waterdeep then you would know that he was wearing a guard outfit.
He said Hello, my name is Belnan Wolfswift are you all here beacuse you got the letter? while taking a cup of wine

no chaos or evil is detected

VirgoBushin
2010-09-08, 04:40 PM
She bowed her head to Asher. "I shall keep your offer in mind." It truly would all depend on what was or wasn't found. Within minutes, yet another man had entered. She chuckled softly as she realized thus far she was the only woman and was beginning to feel a bit out of place. Nonetheless, she reminded herself it wasn't her fault if other women weren't able to handle this task. She nodded to the newcomer, noting he had an unusual outfit. "Yes.. it seems we all are so far." She merely replied.

Ragnoth
2010-09-08, 04:45 PM
A person heavily clad in big mettalic armour clanks throught the door. He is very tall and broad and nothing of his actual person can be seen threw his armour other than a frown on his face and some dark eyes. On his back hangs a massive sword swinging behind him and over the tip hangs a long black cape and he carries a large bag on one of his shoulder. He enters the room and stops glances at the others in te room for a few seconds then slowly moves over to a chair in the corner he drops his bag which makes a large mettalic bang as it hits the floor and slams his weight down on the chair with a loud bang, he then leans back folds his arms an sits waiting. On the odd occasion he looks up and watches the others or glances at the door but other than that he stays completly still and silent.

Cogidubnus
2010-09-08, 05:14 PM
Asher turns to greet the newcomers. Hello. My name is Asher. I'm a paladin of Chauntea. What are your names and professions?

Ragnoth
2010-09-08, 06:52 PM
The man in armour looks at the paladin then sighs and slowly removes his helm. Underneath the helm is the face of a young yet very worn half elf. His skin is fair and his hair is long and shimmers in the light as it falls into an unusual neat formation around his face. His chin is covered with stubble the same light brown colour of his hair. A look of annoyance hangs on his face his deep green eyes glare at the man who spoke. The half elf opens his mouth and a low gruff voice floats with a sense of grace from his lips.

My name is Theroar and my proffession is not something I would usually share with strangers however from listening to your conversations it seems you have all recieved a similar letter to the one I did and thus has brought me to the conclusion that I will most likley have to work with you so I shall tell you that I have no proffession. I live on the road with only myself to look after and have learnt the ways of the sword though I have powers of the mind also that help me achieve even greater strength. Has anyone got any idea what the hell is going on?

monkman
2010-09-08, 06:56 PM
This is going to be interesting whispering to himself and then sayNo one knows what happening

dark_scarab
2010-09-08, 07:07 PM
"Oh no, it's all quite mysterious!" The Baron laughs and nods to the others as they enter, "Although I must profess my intense curiosity at what our mutual messenger means by inviting such a... ahem... colorful group all by means of a mysterious note!" Baron Uldred stands and says, "For myself, I am Baron Vincent Uldred, also known as the Absent Baron and the Noble Knave-- I rather like that last one, it rolls off the tongue, don't you think? I am a professional procurer of rare objects. Usually at the vehement protest of their original owners. And yet I maintain a noble title! Quite intriguing, yes?"

Lightbogart
2010-09-08, 07:16 PM
A young man approaches the temple
Oh boy a mission I hope there will be comrades
He walks in backwards admiring the temple and accidentally bumps into the priest that was to show him in

Sorry :smalleek: hm follow you okay :smallbiggrin:

Hello He waves both of his arms in a ridiculous fashion
This reasonably handsome boy constantly smiles and speaks in random accents usually making him out to be a fool. His Jet black hair is neatly groomed and his brown eyes seem to not even bother to pay attention to it's surroundings. He wears (significant stuff) blue goggles that have thick glass on it and a purple headband along with a belt and a large quiver on his back, but no bow
My name is Baltimore cause I was born in you guessed Amn :smallbiggrin: Hah thought I was born in Baltimore didn't you naw anyway you all probably got a letter like me cause that's usually how these things work oh by the way I'm not gay just in case my tone of voice sounds like it He continues to ramble for a good 2 minutes and that's how I learned how to play the harp. Oh and remember if you ever need anything I would be glad to help. Soooo who are you guys?

Spoillllleeeers
Baltimore shows no chaos nor evil

monkman
2010-09-08, 07:21 PM
do you have Extreme Nuisance as a flaw? beacuse i already want to gag you

Lightbogart
2010-09-08, 07:28 PM
uhhh sorry just the character didn't mean to annoy you guys

Ragnoth
2010-09-08, 07:29 PM
The half elf glares at the boy his head falls back and he let's out another sigh

and I thought things couldn't get any worse!

VirgoBushin
2010-09-08, 09:57 PM
Diana couldn't help but wonder why exactly so many people had been called here. Had she suddenly got into some freak suicide mission? It was beginning to worry her needless to say and she wasn't sure if the wine was helping or not... probably not... yeah she was sure no. Last time I drink right before going on a job... She reminded herself, massaging her forehead as one boy just... kept going on and on. His rambling lus the alcohol wasn't helping much more. Oh....geez....what have I gotten myself into? She merely thought with a tired sigh, continuing to massage her forehead.

Lightbogart
2010-09-08, 10:07 PM
The boy after his rambling and when he realizes he probably annoyed everyone steps outside. what he's doing you don't know (unless you follow him) He comes back soon enough, but this time his manner is very different and he seems to be more.. restrained (involves the backstory which is not fully covered on my sheet)

Cogidubnus
2010-09-09, 02:13 AM
Asher laughs softly as their babbling companion. Well, your enthusiasm is heartening. It's easy to become too serious in my line of work. Though I hope nothing happens to dent your confidence. Seeing Diana's obvious discomfort, he asks 'Are you alright? I have several spells that might ease a headache or restore your energy.'

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 08:33 AM
{{OOC: I do most of my posts during the day, so if I don't do a whole lot of posting at night, you know why!}}

The Baron chuckles a little bit and he shakes his head, "That is the first time I have received absolutely no reaction when I've told people I steal for a living. What kind of people are you?"

The lad, Baltimore, seems disturbed. He could be unstable... I'll have to make sure he doesn't get too close to me. I've heard of head sickness that causes such drastic shifts in personality, but perhaps I am mistaken. Aloud, the Baron smiles widely at Baltimore and enunciates each word very clearly and loudly, "I... am... the... Baron... Uldred! How... are... you... feeling... today?" And the Baron nods and grins even wider, while out of the side of his mouth, he whispers to Diana, "Humor the poor lad or he might turn violent!"

Ragnoth
2010-09-09, 09:09 AM
The Half Elfs eyes dart towards the baron, a slight smile flickers on his face.

I don't know about the rest of you but stealing for a trade is nothing, i have been killing people to survive for a long time now i don't think much can phase me now.

the Half Elf stands abruptly and walks towards the table of food. He looks at it for a moment then grabs a plate of food and a bottle of wine then returns to his seat stuffing the food into his mouth in a very unrefined manner.

Cogidubnus
2010-09-09, 11:18 AM
Asher

"I didn't want to cause you immediate offense, sir, hardly knowing you. It could have simply been a joke. If you are serious, I might be required to ask you to stop. I can hardly knowingly allow you to steal, although without evidence I also have no reason to trouble you about it."

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 12:30 PM
"Now that's more like the reaction I expected! Of course I'm just joking, my hulking golden friend. No need to trouble your righteous head over my silly ramblings! I'm more interested in why an assassin, a holy warrior, a mostly silent hulking beast of a half-elf in full armor, and an insane lad would be gathered together, all I presume, by a mysterious note!"

The Baron stands and begins pacing, his hands clasped behind his back. "It truly does boggle the mind. Perhaps we all have something in common? In my experience, if you gather this many dangerous people in a room together, you plan on either killing them or manipulating them. I don not like being manipulated. Or killed! Perhaps if we share a bit about ourselves, we can discover the common factor that could bring us all here and maybe thwart our absent author in his or her attempts to bring us to heel (or under heel as the case may be)?"

The Baron looks at each person in the waiting room, waiting for a response. Well, he thinks, if nothing else, I might be able to divert the paladin's attention from me and at least get some answers as to who these people are!

BTW, are any of you from Waterdeep? If so, there's a chance I might know of you.

Ragnoth
2010-09-09, 12:36 PM
without even looking at the baron the half elf speaks in a very sharp tone

My past is my own and i wish to keep it to myself i've already revealed much more to you than i have anyone i've ever met.

He looks up, still glaring, at the baron

Is that ok with you or do i need to make myself any clearer?

Diarmuid
2010-09-09, 12:43 PM
Dorvan & Cobble

As the conversations take their turns an odd pair makes its way into the room. A short...human? it's tough to tell under the soot, armor, inkstains, and other myraid of strange gear exactly what the man is. He stands between 5 and 6 feet tall, the exact measuremeant difficult to tell because his shoulders are slumped as he stares at some papers in his grimy hands. He wears a beautifully crafted breastplate that might gleam if it were not covered in soot and oil smudges, over which he has a workman's apron looped over his neck and tied behind his back. Hanging from the apron and stuffed into the many pockets are tools of all sorts for god knows what practices. A wooden shield bearing a toothed wooden cog with four spokes (http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/humangods/Gond_symbol.jpg) is strapped to his back. A simple, but finely crafted warhammer sits in a loop on his hip, a small purple stone adorning the head.

As a contrast, his companion's appearance seems straightforward enough. Tall enough for a human, but possibly small enough for an elf, or anywhere in between, it's tough to tell. Full plate armor with the visor down hides the identify further, though a similarly adorned (http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/humangods/Gond_symbol.jpg) shield strapped to a guantleted hand, while the other hand rests on the head of another well-crafted hammer, this one adorned with a small white crystal somewhat shaped like a bone. The strange gait would lead you to think that perhaps the figure had injured a leg or foot some time in the past.

Upon entering the room, the figure in the plate stops dead in its tracks much to the dismay of the dirty, goggled man who unceremoniously bumps into him, dropping his papers. Quickly kneeling to scrounge them into a hasty pile the man shakes his head an admonishes his companion,

"By the gods, must you keep doing that? If I didnt know better, I would think you get some kind of enjoyment of causing...."

It's at this point in his tirade that the man looks up from the floor and sees the group gathered in the room. He pauses for a few seconds, unsure of how to proceed then stammers a hasty,

"Ummm....hullo"

His attempt at a wave are meager at best as he holds his crumpled papers tightly to his chest. Shuflling the papers until he has the one he needs in front of him, he looks down at the writing, and then up over the top of the paper at the rest of the room.

"I...yes..well...umm. Is this where the...hmmm. I think I was told to meet...someone? Here?"

Evil/Chaos Detection

The goggled man has an aura of chaos about him, but neither figure has any evil about them

Cogidubnus
2010-09-09, 12:49 PM
Asher smiles, although he doesn't appear to find the "joke" very funny.

We shall have to see how this one turns out. He's not evil though. He only needs keeping an eye on.

Ragnoth
2010-09-09, 12:49 PM
The Half Elf looks up at the newcomers

OH GREAT! more people to join the party

he then picks up the bottle of the wine and take several mouthfuls then puts it down. he then stands up and swings his sword in front of him eying it up and down, he then removes a stone from his backpack sits down and begins sharpening it while muttering inaudibly.

EVIL AND CHAOS DETECTION
sorry it took so long
you detect no evil or chaos around this individual

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 12:59 PM
The Baron merely raises an eyebrow at the arrival of yet more 'guests' to this little soiree. Well I thought it was a good idea. Finally seeing the obvious discomfort the oddly adorned fellow in the workman's apron, the Baron's better breeding manifests itself and he makes a slight bow, "Welcome to a most interesting breakfast, sirs. Our host has not yet made an appearance and we were merely having an... educational conversation before you arrived. I am the Baron Vincent Uldred, what is your name?"

Tsumeken
2010-09-09, 01:14 PM
((This post marks the official start of the campaign))

Cobble and Dorvan had entered into the room they appear to be not alone, A man wearing very clean white robes and a prominent holy symbol. His age on his skin gives way to the wisdom in his eyes as he begins to speak, "My dear adventurers, I am Friar Desai and indeed grateful to have so many answer our call in this dire time." He motions for all to take a seat as he continues, moving to the enter of the room to allow all to hear him as he continued, "A few night past our order was infiltrated and robbed. Whoever it was did not do so subtly though as many of our order were struck dead, some in their sleep for what seemed to be meaningless bloodshed. The perpetrators made off with a scripture that has been passed down throughout the ages in our order. We know not the contents of them as it was forbidden for any to remove them and their purpose forgotten long ago. It seems however that the thief knew of them and specifically stole only that object leaving all other things in the vault alone. We need you to go and retrieve them for us so that we may find out what it is they are after." He finished his proposition as he sat down awaiting any questions the may have.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-09, 01:23 PM
So it seemed she was to be the only woman here. This would definitely prove to be very interesting. Finally, a man who introduced himself as .... it was then she realized he didn't even do that. To each his own... As he paused and was obviously awaiting questions, she spoke up, "Do you think or know where we are supposed to find this thief?" If she was about to do dirty work such as this, she along with the others would at least need to know that much if absolutely nothing else.

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 01:29 PM
"So, Friar, you're saying that some thief broke into your sanctuary, killed several priests, then made off with a book into which you've never even looked? Well. This will be an easy find. Of course, it really depends on what's in it for me."

The Baron clears his throat and glances at the others, "How is this time so dire? That is, no disrespect to your faith and all, but couldn't it just be a rival sect trying to get at the scriptures you've never revealed? I mean, how harmful could these scriptures really be?" The Baron, it seems, is having trouble with an intense curiosity about this mission and an intense love for money, "And--I really can't stress this enough--what's in it for me? Why should I care that someone stole your book?"

Cogidubnus
2010-09-09, 01:33 PM
Asher

"Do not worry, Friar. If no one else here is interested, I will commit myself to finding the thief, and your property. But I must ask, do you know where to look?"

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 01:37 PM
A thought seems to come to Baron Uldred's mind and he frowns, "I think they mean to manipulate and kill us. Religion makes people do some very crazy things! I hope you can come up with a more convincing reason for summoning me here from my cozy home--albeit the free meal was a good touch--than 'we want our scriptures back'. You know, the ones that you've never read."

Tsumeken
2010-09-09, 01:44 PM
After some time had passed, the Friar continued, "I'll answer your questions in the order I heard them. We don't know if it was a rival sect. Usually, and even if it was, they wouldn't hide their deed. We have heard of a secret guild of thieves though beneath the city who have been getting some repute. Most of the evidence points to them but we do not know how to get to the guild nor even if the scriptures are still in the city." The Friar reached into the folds of his robes to pull out a small stone. "This stone was atuned to the scriptures and will help you in finding them. It will glow slightly as you get close to them. We've already deployed a few of the faithful to search and have two places in mind that they could be. One is a small cave outside of Waterdeep to the North. We have watched it in the few days and nothing comes in or out. The second is the port ward. We believe that the thieves may have a small warehouse in the district where they may be hiding." The Friar then looked to Baron. He'd been informed of these guests before entering and knew the man required a bit more. "We offer you payment for the return of the scriptures irregardless of their condition and sanctuary within our order for as long as you are here in Waterdeep." The Friar looked at the Baron after his second retort. "We do have some pull with the city guard. Perhaps a few charges that would otherwise involve your arrest could be ignored."

Ragnoth
2010-09-09, 01:44 PM
The half elf who has just be watching so far suddenly stands and a look of what appears to be concern for what the priest is saying appears on his face. his harsh tone of voice and glare have dropped and he almost looks friendly.

Father i have three questions, one do have any idea who this rogue cud be working for, two do you have any idea what this scripture looks like and three whats in it for me, once you answer these questions i swear i shall retrieve these scriptures whatever the cost.

Tsumeken
2010-09-09, 01:52 PM
The Friar looked to Bren to answer his questions. "If we knew, we would have already had the guard arrest them or at least have some form of punishment. The scriptures are a large scroll written upon a large tome. The things written in it are apparently the words of the Gods themselves. We believe it to be some sort of warning or why else would the Elders wish it to be hidden? You all have full access to our order and the knowledge that we acquire in this endeavor as well as what else I already mentioned."

Diarmuid
2010-09-09, 01:56 PM
Dorvan & Cobble

Clearly uncomfortable with all of the room's attention turned on him, the man folds his papers and stuffs them into a pocket of his apron. Uselessly wiping his hands on the front of his apron in an attempt to clean them off, he slides his goggles up to his forhead before moving towards the baron. The stark white of the skin under the goggles would lead you to believe that they have been on his face for quite some time. His brown eyes beam with curiosity as he looks at the gathering. Upon reaching the Baron, he extends his grimy hand in offer to shake,

"Baron Uldred...it's...umm...a pleasure to acquaint you makences, err...well...to meet you I mean."

His shake is awkward at best, both hands enveloping yours, the motion up and down overemphasized almost as if he were not really sure what to do.

"My name is Dorvan Hammerfall, a Greater Seeker and Techsmith in service to the Wonderbringer. My companion is named Cobble. He is a Gondsman himself."

A small wry smile as if he had made a small joke crept into the corner of his mouth at that last bit.

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 01:56 PM
"Well well. Pay and pardon! I think I can deal with those terms. I might know these thieves... I have some connections."

{{OOC: Would the Baron know about such a group of thieves? He's a rather active thief and has been in the area for 15 years.}}

Cogidubnus
2010-09-09, 02:00 PM
Asher

"I suggest we speak to the port officials. If the thieves are operating out of the port, they'll likely know. That's been the case in my previous investigations, anyway. And I have ways of compelling them to tell the truth."

Tsumeken
2010-09-09, 02:17 PM
The Friar stood, giving them a low bow. "If any of you have any other questions, I'll be able to address them in my study." He bowed again then left the room.

For Baron's OOC Question:
Due to Baron Uldred's extensive stay with underworld dealings, he does know of these thieves. They have recently come to power in the last two months. They are known as the Suns of Madness. Their jobs are usually assassination and murder so it's weird for them to steal anything as most of their previous attacks have left all belongings with the victims.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-09, 02:22 PM
~Diana Tellis~

Diana had been keeping quiet, making mental notes of all that had been said and answered by the Friar. She returned the bow as he left then looked back to Asher, nodding in agreement. "The port does sound like a good place to begin." She looked at the others, wondering if any of them agreed or otherwise. As her blue eyes gazed around, she continued to speak, "I do think a decision should be made swiftly. The more time we spend here, the more chances we allow the thieves to escape." She added.

Ragnoth
2010-09-09, 02:26 PM
Theroar returns to his chair and sits down placing his sword back in its holder, and slowly positioning his helm back onto his head.

well for the sake of it ill agree with the docks, the quicker this is over the better.

he then grabs his back pack and attaches it to a piece of his Armour and stands back up.

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 02:32 PM
The Baron frowns again. "Quite frankly, this disturbs me quite a bit. These criminals sound like the Suns of Madness... a gang that's recently gurgled to the top of the Waterdhavian underworld. But they're really more interested in violence and murder than with making any real profit. Of course, what profit you'd hope to make by stealing religious texts is really beyond me." The Baron looks at the others making their preparations and a look of confusion crosses his face.

"So you all are prepared to take this friar at his word, risk your lives dealing with a sadistic gang of murderers and thugs called, of all things, the Suns of Madness, retrieve some sort of holy relic, and trust your lives to complete strangers? You are all either in on this little joke or you're stupider than you look. No offense to the lady, of course. I think this merits a bit more explanation. I'll address our friend, the friar, directly." And with that, the Baron excuses himself from the group and knocks on the friar's chamber door.

Cogidubnus
2010-09-09, 02:35 PM
Asher

Following the Baron, Asher says: "You are a sadly distrustful fellow. I hope you will take me, at least, at my word that I will protect you so long as you keep the law within my sight."

Tsumeken
2010-09-09, 02:39 PM
The door opens as you knock upon it. The Friar ushers you in. He does not seem the least surprised to see you. "My dear Baron... I was under the impression that our business had completed and I would not see you again until I had more to be told or to be given. Might I ask what brings you to my chambers so quickly after I've already explained our terms?"

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 02:44 PM
{{Assuming that the friar allows the Baron into his study}}

The Baron looks at the paladin, "Alas and alack, my righteous friend, my lack of trust in my fellow beings has kept my skin intact on more than one occasion and is a survival tactic that I will, sadly, continue. I have no reason to doubt the word of a stalwart paladin of Chauntea, but I don't really know this friar's angle. You aren't the least bit suspicious of this situation? I've known cons that were more elaborate than this. More convincing, too."

Within the Friar's Study

The Baron enters the study and addresses the friar, "Friar, forgive my lack of faith, but this all seems very odd. The group of thieves that stole your scriptures sound like the Suns of Madness, a notoriously violent gang of murderers and all-round evil men more interested in bloodshed than plunder. And now you expect a group of total strangers to band together in some sort of team to accomplish a mission of unspecified danger and regain a priceless artifact for you? I can tell you that I wouldn't trust my boots--let alone my life--with a couple of those out in the waiting room. Perhaps you can give me a little insight about the members of this proposed scheme that would ease my mind as to their trustworthiness and, forgive me, your own?"

Tsumeken
2010-09-09, 02:55 PM
In the Friar's Room
"What exactly do you mean about information? Do you refer more to your companions or targets? Your companions, though, I must admit I have only heard of their exploits. Some of them have not been heard outside of their homelands. The one I can truly tell you of is the Lady Tallis, who supposedly is a bit of a nomad of sorts. She is known for dealings in many different regions of the worlds, even as far south as Calimshire. She even had enough to risk entering the Thayan lands in the quest for what she seeks. The paladin Asher is a man of his word. I have heard great things of him through my affiliates. Sir Wolfswift used to be an employ of the guard here, even going so far as to the rank of captain before growing bored in his station and leaving for adventuring.. As for the others, I know as much of them as you do."

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 03:16 PM
In the Friar's Study

"Well, your explanation goes a long way in appeasing my fears. I suppose that I'll go along with your plans. For now. By the way, I'd like to discuss just how much my services will cost you. I mean, you say that these scriptures are priceless and I can assure you that I can put a price on them. Ten thousand gold. But I'm a pious man and your mission sounds important and goodly, so let's say... eight thousand. Special holy discount."

Cogidubnus
2010-09-09, 03:18 PM
In the Friar's Study

Even Asher has to chuckle at the Baron's materialism. "Can you pay him, Friar?"

Tsumeken
2010-09-09, 03:20 PM
In the Friar's Room
The Friar sighed and nodded. He had of the Baron's ways but you never truly know until you deal with them. He made a note so that he would remember the Baron's "generosity" and assured him he would be paid upon return with the Scriptures. He led the Baron out as he returned to his study, their business complete for now.

Cogidubnus
2010-09-09, 03:22 PM
Asher

"Well, I believe we have a plan. Does anyone mind if we head straight to the docks? We shouldn't give these thieves time to consolidate."

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 03:24 PM
Exiting the friar's study, the Baron is smiling expansively and looking positively cheerful. "I'm so glad this isn't one of those ascetic orders you read about in fairy tales!" The Baron looks at each of his new companions and grins again, "It looks as though you all are thinking about heading to the docks. That sounds simply delightful. I'll meet you there. I must return home and get my gear. Unless anyone has any pressing concerns, I'll just nip on down there and meet you at the docks."

The Baron waits for any other questions that might be directed at him, although it looks like he's really wanting to leave.

Ragnoth
2010-09-09, 03:25 PM
Go ahead I need to do something

Diarmuid
2010-09-09, 03:27 PM
Dorvan & Cobble

The priest's head whipped back and forth from speaker to speaker as if he were watching some crazy game where a ball might be passed quickly between its players. While he did so, Cobble moved over to stand behind him, surveying the room, standing silently vigil.

More than once, he began to raise his hand as if he were waiting for permission to speak only to drop it down again as the next person took up the lead of the conversation.

When it seemed that a lull had settled in, not surprisingly after the "Baron" took his leave, he spoke up,

"Well...that certainly gained momentum faster than a round object with a perfectly smooth exterior falling in a vaccum of space where gravity is similar to that of our world......"

The resounding silence had Dorvan looking around, curious as to why no one was agreeing with what was nothing more than an obvious observation of the world. A simple shrug and look over his shoulder at his companion and he continued on, looking to Ashar as he spoke,

"Like you, I am confident in the history and temperment of this church and the people within such that I would not think they would deceive us in a manner such as this. Why, if someone were to steal the mystical whatmadingdong-of-somethingorother from the sacred vaults in Lantan, I would think that the High Artificer would probably reach out to a group.."

Dorvan lets his eyes drift across the room, his mouth turning down in a bit of frustration at what he's seeing,

"...Well maybe not like this one, but a group of people who might be good at tracking down thieves."

Finally making his way to the table, Dorvan scoops some of the smaller items onto a plate and begins testing their flavors. Between bites, he asks,

"It's been many years since I've travelled these parts...does anyone know if that cave the Friar mentioned is up in the trollmoors? Those are still to the north of Waterdeep arent they? Regardless, we are here in town and the port ward is so close, it would be irresponsible of us to not go and make inquiries there before making a trek out to some "cave to the north" that nothing has come in or out of in some time."

A couple of *tsk tsk* noises and a small shake of his head show his displeasure, but it's unclear if the source is the shoddy information about the cave, or the strange little morsel he just popped into his mouth...a slimy mushroom on a bit of cracker.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-09, 03:33 PM
~Diana Tallis~

After what felt like forever, the Baron and Asher both came from the Friar's study. She couldn't believe the Baron was so persistent with... something obviously. Exactly what even she wasn't sure. Still though, what more did he want considering they'd already been told what they'd been called for? She shoved the thought away as Asher spoke again. She inwardly sighed.... hadn't she said that exact same thing before he left? These men may be the death of her... mentally anyways. She wouldn't allow it to happen physically if she could help it. She merely nodded to Asher, "Agreed. The longer we stay here, the more time we allow them. I'll head off with you now whilst we wait for the others to get whatever they need." She said, waiting for Asher to hint he was ready to head off.

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 03:33 PM
{{OOC: Off to my home to get equipped for the coming adventure. Consider the Baron to be equipped as per his character sheet.}}

Cogidubnus
2010-09-09, 03:37 PM
Asher

Opening to door back into the cathedral, Asher asks: "Who else is coming with me right now? I want to speak to the port warden."

Ragnoth
2010-09-09, 03:38 PM
Well if your going I'm coming too I'm getting bored.

As he says that he walks out of the room and moves slowly towards the exit of the church hoping the others will follow

Cogidubnus
2010-09-09, 03:41 PM
Asher keeps pace with the heavily-armoured half-elf.

Hyphens! Tsuke, assume I head to the port and I'll post when we're ready to start there, unless we get interrupted on the way.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-09, 03:48 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Whilst waiting for anyone else to speak up, Diana got in between Asher and the other half-elf. At least she was with familiar races. That was helping her feel somewhat better about this mission they were to be sent off to. She looked to the man who seemed to have some type of companion with him. "Do you wish to join us? Or do you need to gather some things as well?" She asked. Diana then decided if he wanted to join them, he could do so. For now, however, she began to follow behind Asher as he headed off to the port.

Diarmuid
2010-09-09, 03:59 PM
Dorvan & Cobble

Dorvan had been so thoroughly enjoying dissecting the small braised animal that he hadnt even noticed that the group was beginning to disperse. At the mention of his name, Cobble poked him a few times, not so gently, on the head. This had the desired reaction of stirring the cleric from his distraction,

"Oww! Damn you that hurts you know! I've told you, poking me is good...poking in the head is bad. Not all of us have metal skulls you bag of bolts."

Looking for the cause of Cobble's intervention he sees the group ready to leave and the woman looking his way inquisitively. Surmising she had been asking him something, and further assuming (how he hated assuming...facts were so much better) that she was questioning something about where they were going and him, he offered an answer he felt likely to fit most of the possible scenarios,

"Yes of course...lead on! Let's go Cobble, and stop dragging your left foot...you're wearing the underpinnings out faster then the left side and you know how I hate replacing the underpinnings."

He only hoped she had not been asking if he would like to be led to a pool of acid, or some other not-likely-but-entirely-possible-if-infinitessimily-unlikely scenario. As they fall in line behind Ashar, Diana, and Theroar Cobble's gait now would make it seem that his other leg is injured and now much worse than the other one may or may not have been when they walked in.

Tsumeken
2010-09-09, 05:06 PM
All others who did not have anything to do before heading to the docks such as monkman's character will be on auto follow for the docks

The docks of Waterdeep were a bustle of energy and activity, with it being the cities main form of income it was also one the highest secured areas. The guards were busy with their daily routines to pay head to all but the most amazing or frightening sights. The one they stopped for now was the large metal man that appeared to be following a strange group composed f two elven-blooded humanoids, a winged and heavily armored man and a bespectacled cleric. They dared not approach at first worrisome of the construct until one brave (or unfortunate) young man seemed to be volunteered, "E..Excuse me, may I inquire to your business in the docks?" he had his body ready to run at the first sign of trouble and was quite nervous. It was apparent that he had never dealt with something like this before.

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 06:32 PM
Tsuke, I will be arriving at the docks fully equipped about fifteen minutes or so after they arrive. If no posts from me while they're at the docks, assume auto-follow. If combat arises, please take over my character. He will do rogue-ish things like backstab, flank, acrobatics, etc.

Diarmuid
2010-09-09, 06:49 PM
Dorvan & Cobble

Cobble was used to getting attention like this from others, especially ones in livery marking them as guards. He knew that his creator would likely not notice as he usually missed anything that had to do with actual people, so he did what he normally did when this happened and reached out to Dorvan through their empathic link.

Always sensitive to the simple sensations coming through his bond with Cobble, Dorvan quickly moved to intercede on behalf of his creation.

"Oh, hello. This is my companion, I assure you he is a devout servant of Gond, The Wonderbringer as I myself am. We are working in service of the polytheistic friars from (insert name of cathedral here). It seems they have lost something and we hope to assist them in recovering it. They suspected it might have made its way to the docks."

Tsumeken
2010-09-09, 07:45 PM
Dark.Scarab.
Alright though I doubt any fighting would come soon I will remember that however.

The young man looked up at the cration then back to the creator and nodded, "I see, very well then. I think that my captain may have some information on the goings on around here, at least more then I. He is in the watchtower to the south near the piers." He points the way and building out to Dorvan as he speaks, "He'll be there until nightfall if you wish to conduct your own investigating first before going to see him. Some of the other guardsmen may have also seen something." He takes one more look at the party before nodding and returning to his post to tell his fellows that the party was here merely to look around. The others nod and wave the party that they are cleared to pass through the gates to the ports before returning to their work.

monkman
2010-09-09, 07:56 PM
I should be talking to the guards, ive been there for many years and they might be a litte more open with me.

Tsumeken
2010-09-09, 08:25 PM
Monkman
Since no one except Diarmuid is here I don't see any objections all will autofollow as you do so go right ahead

Dark Scarab
I believe now your character has joined the group

The sights of the port are amazing indeed. With new ships coming in almost constantly the dock hands work quickly and seem to have no time to talk. Some of the guards give strange looks but nothing more and beggars stalk through the alleys looking for anything they can find.

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 08:45 PM
As the party is gathered at the guardpost at the docks, the Baron rides into view on a smallish black horse. He's now wearing jet black leather armor and a cloak that blends into the surroundings. He has a rapier at his side and a dagger in his belt. He has an urbane smile on and greets his new companions amiably.

monkman
2010-09-09, 08:51 PM
Hello baron. We might learn something from the guard. Will you come?

Belnan comes from waterdeep, he used to be a guard, he quit not to long ago, the guards wont know he's not one of them

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 09:05 PM
"Yes, I think I will come! However, it has been my experience that the guards can tell you little that you could not find out yourself. Now, the friar said that one of the likely places was a warehouse around here. I know what the colors of the Suns of Madness and they'll likely have guards loitering around outside of the warehouse if indeed they have one. Also, we should take a look at that stone the friar gave us to see if it's lighting up yet." Comfortable with the lead role, the Baron gently taps his heels to his horse and the animal trots forward at a slow walk in the direction of the warehouses. As the Baron rides, he pays almost no attention to people on foot and looks as if he'll ride them down if they don't move out of the way... His manner definitely has an air of, well, high-handed nobility.

I'd like to roll a Gather Information check along with a Knowledge: underworld check to see if I can spot some evidence of the Suns of Madness gang around the docks. Let me know if that's okay... I'll post the rolls in this post.

Gather Information: 1d20+10
Knowledge: underworld: 1d20+10

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 09:14 PM
Well, that didn't work as I had to edit some text in my last post. Here are the rolls again.

Gather Information: [roll0]
Kowledge: Underworld: [roll1]

Tsumeken
2010-09-09, 09:26 PM
yeah that was fine and kudos on the rolls

The local peasantry look upon you with disdain but go no further at your horsemanship and disregard for their well being. A beggar whom you nearly do hit waves his cane at you as you continue to trot past. The guards ignore you antics as they know of you quest but still keep an eye on you for a few moments to make sure of public safety.

After some hobnobbing around the ports you come upon a small warehouse in the north side of the port, it blends easily with the other houses and seems abandoned as the windows are boarded up. A small bit of wire hangs from inside one of the windows ,but is only visible when you get close to it. Through your experience this would appear to be the hideout of the Suns of Maddness. The wire connects to the doorway so that only those who know can use it, while others may have to break it down and cause themselves to be noticed or worse, to cause a trap to activate.

dark_scarab
2010-09-09, 09:48 PM
Hopefully, none of the others will screw this up too badly by boldly charging through the door... The Baron reins in his horse a good distance away from the warehouse and marks it in his mental map of the docks. Turning to his companions, he says in a voice that brooks no argument (hopefully), "I know you all are in a rush to crash in and reclaim the Scriptures, but in my experience, it's best if we wait and see what exactly the traffic pattern is for this area. I for one would like to know if there are any guards loitering in alleys or positioned behind the door. I'd also like to know if anyone goes in or out and if so, how they manage to do that. Is everyone with me for a stakeout? I'd prefer it would be just me while the rest of you cool your heels at a tavern or bar or something, but if you simply must stay, I suppose you can. Any objections?"

Lightbogart
2010-09-09, 10:01 PM
Before we stake out may I do a thorough check on the door?

If I am allowed I will now perform a Search check
[roll0]

Tsumeken
2010-09-09, 10:11 PM
Light
You find a trap in the knob, it seems that turning it will activate the trap which is located inside the door itself. Conversly knocking the door down will also activate this trap since the trap is the door, not the knob which is merely a trigger. ou figure that there must be a trick to opening this door that is not readily visible except for the wire in the window you see nothing else that stands out.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-09, 10:33 PM
~Diana Tallis~

"I do." Diana said to the Baron rather quickly, "I myself am meant to be a woman of stealth, not.... one of the easier ones you find in the bars, if you get my drift. I've been to Thay and survived, I don't mind being beside you to watch a simple warehouse. Thank you very much." With that, she now had a determined look on face and seemed as though she was serious by continuing to hold her ground, proving she wouldn't dare move away from the Baron. The wine she'd had earlier might contributing a bit to this outburst of sorts... but most of it was from her own will.

Lightbogart
2010-09-09, 10:35 PM
I may have found a way to open the door, but first He pulls out his masterwork thieves tools
I attempt to disable the trap
+20 modifier roll is made secretly by DM

Diarmuid
2010-09-10, 02:25 AM
Dorvan & Cobble

The cleric was happy to let the others take the lead in the investigation. Unless the discussion was of some scholarly topic, he usually found he did not have much luck making "chit-chat" with others outside of his clergy. And while he knew his way around a lock, he quickly surmised that the others of the group were far more adept than he.

Perhaps the friars had recruited thieves to catch thieves. He wondered what his role in the plan would be.

"Who had the stone? May I see it?"

New, strange magical items and apparatus always intrigued Dorvan. Perhaps he would be able to learn something about the scriptures from this item that is attuned to it.

"Did anyone bother to ask the friar if they had tried scrying on the scriptures? I suppose I could try tomorrow, but without having seen the item myself it will be more difficult."

Pulling a small book from a pouch, and a charcoal pencil from his apron the Techsmith begins calculating the odds of successfully scrying on an item he has never seen.

He quickly realizes that he cant properly account for the variance that would be introduced if the item is an artifact of some kind and gives up soon after he starts, a frown clear on his face.

Tsumeken
2010-09-10, 07:34 AM
For Baltimore:
After a few moments of messing with the door, you hear an audible click, followed by nothing..

For Baron & Diana:
While Baltimore fiddles with the door, since both of you are technically lookouts, you both notice something strange. While all other places that you've seen in the ports have signs of people around them, whether it be sailors, merchants, or beggars; the alleyways surrounding the building seem to be devoid of life. In fact, since you two have come to this warehouse, you haven't seen another person just simply walk by.

dark_scarab
2010-09-10, 07:57 AM
"I don't think that this was a particularly wise idea, lad. It's broad daylight and someone is bound to notice a group of heavily armed people skulking around outside an abandoned warehouse--which, I might add, everyone at the docks probably knows is controlled by the Suns. In my opinion, if we wanted to be less conspicuous, we could have just kicked down the door and yelled 'HAND OVER THE BOOK, THIEVES!' But, you know, what does a nobleman know of such things, right?" The Baron shakes his head in disgust and glances about nervously, his hand on his rapier.

{{OOC: It is daylight, right?}}

Tsumeken
2010-09-10, 10:25 AM
Daylight:
yes, yes it is

Cogidubnus
2010-09-10, 11:09 AM
Is something likely to happen soon, or do I have time to go visit the guard captain?

Tsumeken
2010-09-10, 11:23 AM
Cog:
You have the time, things won't get hectic till a certain time or a certain thing happens.

Cogidubnus
2010-09-10, 11:45 AM
Asher

"I'll be back shortly. I want to go speak to the captain."

Asher leaves, heading to find the captain at the tower.

[B]Assuming he does so without incident[:/B]

"Hello. My name is Asher, a paladin of Chauntea. I wonder if you have heard of any activity by a group called the Suns of Madness in these docks?"

Tsumeken
2010-09-10, 11:51 AM
Asher
The man looks for a second before he nods deciding to speak, "We've had a few reports of thieving here and there but nothing to serious. As we understand them they are currently at war with other guilds in the docks and the more they fight the better for us." He thinks for a moment, "Lately he have had reports of people disappearing around the north of the district but they always come back in about 2 days of the report so we can find nothing wrong with that."

Cogidubnus
2010-09-10, 11:54 AM
"I have reason to believe that these Suns were involved in a series of murders, and a theft, at the cathedral not long ago. I'm with a team who are ready to try to discover the truth of this, but your support would be appreciated. We are ready to enter the warehouse before too long, but if your men could establish a wide perimeter to stop any of the thieves escaping with the missing item, or avoiding justice, it would be much appreciated.
Diplomacy check to persuade him: [roll0]

Tsumeken
2010-09-10, 12:08 PM
He nodded as you finished speaking, "We will do what we an but if I know thieves they have more then one way out and only so many places I can stop them at."

((As Asher was gone I assume all others will remain near the warehouse but hidden so that they will not be ambushed or spotted or anything of the sort.))

Cogidubnus
2010-09-10, 12:20 PM
"Thank you. If you could avoid alerting the thieves to our preparations, that would be appreciated."

Returning to the others, Asher tells them that the captain will establish a wide perimeter to try and avoid the thieves escaping, while not showing signs of preparedness. He also tells them what the captain said about people who often go missing in the area of this warehouse, and then reappear within a couple of days.

dark_scarab
2010-09-10, 12:29 PM
{{OOC: I would like it to be noted that the Baron has not approached the warehouse, just observed it from a goodly distance away. He may not have noticed the wire on the door, but as it has no real impact on his mentality, it doesn't really matter whether he does or not.}}

Inwardly seething, the Baron watches as his companions quickly take up hiding positions, the crazy lad fiddles with the door latch, and another member of the group trots back from a chat with the captain of the guard. I wonder who would fail to notice us now? A blind, deaf, crippled old woman? No. She'd be too perceptive. Maybe a dead person... Perhaps. He skulks silently in a dark alleyway that affords a good view of the apparently abandoned warehouse and prepares to watch and wait. With patience. And silence. And a deep feeling that they're all probably going to get into a fight pretty soon.

For Tsumeken

Hide: [roll0]
Gather Information: [roll1] (for observing the warehouse only)

dark_scarab
2010-09-10, 12:30 PM
{{OOC: I'm going to guess that's the only time I'll roll a natural 20 for a Hide check. Y'know, when nobody is actually looking for me and I'm camped out in a dark alley. :smalltongue:}}

dark_scarab
2010-09-10, 12:43 PM
Seeming to remember something, the Baron pulls out his long, elegant rapier and speaks a strange word. The rapier vanishes without a sound and the Baron repeats the action with a wicked looking dagger at his belt.

For Tsumeken

{{OOC: Keen, Deadly Precise Rapier +2 is stored in the right hand Glove of Storing, Dagger of Collision +2 stored in the left hand glove (off-hand)-- storing and retrieving an item is a free action. Items are retrieved with a snap of the fingers, so anything that would cause the Baron to be unable to snap his fingers (or if the gloves are taken from him) would cause him to be unable to retrieve whatever was stored. DMG p. 257}}

Ragnoth
2010-09-10, 12:57 PM
OCC(( sorry i havent posted for ages i somehow managed to delete this thread from my subscriptions and i thought nothing had happened yet.))

The Half Elf seems completely un phased by the rest of his teams movement and begins to walk towards the warehouse keeping his distance from the entrance and leaning on a wall nearby, he tries to make him self look completely unattached to the group.

Tsumeken
2010-09-10, 01:06 PM
Time passes and the sun begins to set and the red/orange rays fall over the city. A band of three men walk this way towards the warehouse, one of them acts as a lookout as the others move to the door and window

Lookout's Spot check
did you really think I'd tell you what he rolled :P

The other two move as the first pulls the wire in the window slowly before the other turns the knob. The door opens as a normal door would and the three move through it, with the one holding the wire going last as it shuts slowly.

~Time Passes~

more bandits approach the warehouse, entering in similar ways. As night begins to fall you see two men carrying a young woman from a nearby ally, she is bound and gagged and appears to be unconscious.

Cogidubnus
2010-09-10, 03:30 PM
Asher

"Alright, that's enough. We need to move now. It looks like there are a good number of bandits inside there, and they've got at least one hostage. If we move fast, then we can rescue the woman before they get her inside."

monkman
2010-09-10, 03:37 PM
Crime roll
[roll0]

monkman
2010-09-10, 03:38 PM
sprry fpr double post but its not working
[roll0]

Tsumeken
2010-09-10, 03:39 PM
Monk
you succeed you crime roll so you are not compelled to rush in

monkman
2010-09-10, 03:45 PM
We must go now, we can not let theat women get takenjust as he is taking his longsword and shield

OOC: sorry for that i wrote to fast:smalleek:

When somoene else talks he will cast healing circle(minor)
this is what it does
Healing Circle(minor)(SP) As a standard action you create an aura of healing energy upon which your allies can draw to mend their own wounds. The spell has three charges when cast.Once per round as a standard action, a single allied creature within 30 feet can drain one charge from the healing circle. The first charge so drained functions as a cure moderate wounds, the second is a cure light wounds and the thrid cure 3 damage.The spell effect delivered by each charge functions as if you had personally cast the associated spell, Thus the first charge heals 2d8points of damage +1 point per caster level (maxium 10) and so on.

Tsumeken
2010-09-10, 03:49 PM
We must go now, we can not let theat women get takenjust as he is talking his longsword and shield

((So are you unsheathing your sword and readying your shield then, I think that's what that says))

Cogidubnus
2010-09-10, 03:57 PM
What was the alignment of the various thieves?

dark_scarab
2010-09-10, 03:57 PM
{{OOC: Does the Scripture-detector glow at all or in any way indicate that the scriptures are near us?}}

From the shadows, the Baron emerges, rage etching his normally handsome face into something quite ugly. When he speaks, his voice is icy with murderous intent "I agree, paladin. We can't let these murderers kill another innocent victim!"

The Baron's voice calms a little and he says, "But let me sneak up to them. It would not alert the others in the warehouse and I could dispatch them quickly."

Tsumeken

Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

Once in position behind the man holding the unconscious woman, he'll manifest his weapons and sneak attack.

Attacks:
Keen, Deadly Precise Rapier +2 (crits on 15 or up): [roll2]; [roll3]
Dagger of Collision +2: [roll4]

Damage:
Rapier: [roll5] (sneak attack damage: [roll6]
Dagger: [roll7]

Cogidubnus
2010-09-10, 04:01 PM
If the Baron (and any other stealth fighters) are unsuccessful, Asher will charge with his greatsword.

Assuming they're evil: [roll0] and [roll1]
1st damage: [roll2] + [roll3] (acid) + [roll4] (holy)
2nd damage: [roll5] + [roll6] (acid) + [roll7] (holy)
If his first attack kills a target (he'll attack the most injured one first) the second will be aimed at another target.

dark_scarab
2010-09-10, 04:02 PM
{{OOC: Oh. Crap.}}

monkman
2010-09-10, 04:07 PM
Belnan follows asher and attacks one that asher had as a second target
attack 1[roll0] attack 2[roll1] i get +2 to damage and to attack beaucse of Dedicated Enforcer and also -2 to ac and reflex
damage 1[roll2]+[roll3]
damage 2 [roll4]+[roll5]

my attacks have 1 more, i forgot to add weapon focus

dark_scarab
2010-09-10, 04:42 PM
{{Natural 1 on attack roll. Never good.}}

Also, initiative, if necessary: [roll0]

Cogidubnus
2010-09-10, 04:43 PM
Initiative:
[roll0]

monkman
2010-09-10, 04:47 PM
initiative
[roll0]

VirgoBushin
2010-09-10, 04:57 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana noticed what they were doing....or trying. to...with the female captive. It was all a good plan... except for one thing she was sure would happen that they obviously hadn't thought of. People from inside would notice, or worse, hear and thus reinforcements would arrive soon.. She shook her head, sighing a bit. Men...so hasty... She thought as she thought for a bit before pulling her scimitar out. If people were to arrive, she'd ensure they didn't get outnumbered... even if that would be hard to do, it could still be done. She remained behind the door as she waited, hoping that the second the first person to leave, after disabling the trap of course, would be one she could take off guard.

Hide check: [roll0]

Cogidubnus
2010-09-10, 05:13 PM
any news on how the attacks so far effected the 2 men?

Tsumeken
2010-09-10, 05:31 PM
any news on how the attacks so far effected the 2 men?

Sorry... thought you all were preparing to attack.. not actually doing it. The first one you hit is dead. The second one is only wounded.... the lady was dropped because the first fell and this one is now pulling out a large stone that he throws to the ground, creating a resounding "Bang!"

@ Everyone: Make a 15 Fortitude Save or be defeaned for an hour from the Thunderstone.

monkman
2010-09-10, 05:35 PM
fortitude save
[roll0]

VirgoBushin
2010-09-10, 05:36 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Whilst she was waiting for the door to open, a loud "BANG!" was heard. She cursed lowly in Infernal, keeping her scimitar held with her right hand still while hoping by the time the sound faded, she'd still be as okay as she could be. She resumed her cursing fit under her breath when she was sure the damage had all ended and, thankfully, was able to hear herself still.

(OOC: Did mine offline.... dice roller didn't work for some reason but Tsume saw it was more than enough to make it.)

Cogidubnus
2010-09-10, 05:38 PM
'Confound him. Now they're sure to know we're here,' mutters Asher.

[roll0] working from memory but think that's the right modifier. Just to affirm, all the thieves detected as evil, right?

Tsumeken
2010-09-10, 05:46 PM
Asher's Alignment Detection of the Thieves:
The one that lays dead and the one still alive are, indeed, evil of some sort. Others that you saw go in before attacking were mostly evil. There were some, however, that was only chaotic but not evil.

(OOC: Went on and rolled everyone elses' saves offline... everyone passed their fort save)

Lightbogart
2010-09-10, 06:21 PM
Just in case

Initiative:
[roll0]
Edit:
......FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Baltimore quickly runs up to the lady and attempts to ungag and untie her before any reinforcements arrive so that she can escape
"You're safe now, ma'am"

Ragnoth
2010-09-10, 06:26 PM
((ooc damn why was I unavailable just as the action starts))

the half elf was watching from his spot nea the warehouse it seemed as if everything was under control however upon hearin the loud bang he flinched briefly then draws his greatsword and runs towards the man who threw the stone.

attack
to hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]

initiative if necessary [roll2]

dark_scarab
2010-09-10, 06:50 PM
Fortitude Save: [roll0]

Tsumeken
2010-09-10, 06:55 PM
The last bandit who was standing falls down dead. As the woman awakes, she looks up at Baltimore and thanks him along with the rest of the group. "I must get home though..." She insists. She heads off to her home afterwards.

The alleyway falls quiet as the lights from inside the warehouse go out. The darkened warehouse remains quiet with no sounds coming from it.

For Diana & Bren:
Your extra visions, since you each have dark [Diana] and low-light [Bren], you can both see some people looking out the windows.

(OOC: By now, it is dark for anyone who's wondering. As I said earlier, the sun was beginning to set.... and now it has.)

VirgoBushin
2010-09-10, 07:00 PM
~Diana Tallis~

A slight sigh of relief escaped Diana's lips. Though the men had been hasty, they did accomplish their goal, which was good at least. What got her attention, however, was the lights going...out? As she noticed eyes looking through the windows, this worried her. It meant inside were either people with dark or low-light vision like herself and Bren.

Thankfully, she hadn't been found yet either as she tried to sneak over quietly to Bren. Once she got to him, she shifted to her Elven tongue and began to speak, "I think there might be some form of Elf inside if they're able to see us....it's definitely something with the capability to see in the dark somehow..." Thus far, she'd never run into a full Drow before and hoped to try to keep that way for a bit more after hearing all the stories about them.

monkman
2010-09-10, 07:09 PM
he cast greater magic weapon and weapon of energy

Ragnoth
2010-09-10, 07:19 PM
Bren looks at Diana and then back and the windows and also speaks in elven however his pronuciation of some words aren't as clear as dianas.

Yes I noticed I feel as if they could be some sort of elf possibly drow hopefully not but I'm sure we will soon find out.

Bren looks at the windows again

what do you thinks the odds of an arrow getting through those windows are?

As he says this he begins to pull a bow and several arrows out of his bag he slots the arrows into some sort of compartment on his back and keeps a grip on his bow.

Lightbogart
2010-09-10, 07:24 PM
Baltimore is lighted by his Ioun stone which he decides to store in his belt so as not to draw attention.

He pulls his hood over his head and contemplates what to do next

VirgoBushin
2010-09-10, 07:25 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana had to use nothing but sheer iron will to avoid letting a nervous chuckle to hear his position about Drows. Not that she couldn't blame him... but still.... she merely nodded in agreement. Finally, he brought up wondering how good their chances were of using any type of ranged weapon really, though it was specifically a bow and arrow being used that he asked about. She looked back to the window and saw it was barred, making her frown. "Rather slim from the looks of it. It seems I'm glad I chose my close range weapon as opposed to my ranged." She said, gently patting her heavy crossbow to make sure it was there. Sure enough it was and then she thought a bit before speaking again, "The problem is the longer we sit here and discuss, the more time they have to prepare. As far as I can figure, we're the only two who have a decent chance at seeing everything without fear of missing. That being said... there's probably more than two people in there. So... how should we go about this?"

Lightbogart
2010-09-10, 07:28 PM
I have an idea, but can any of you guys break at least one of the windows?

Tsumeken
2010-09-10, 07:28 PM
A loud click was heard behind the group near the door as it opens. But no one seems to come out. A masculine-sounding voice began to come from the door, almost as if a wind circling around the center of the group as a little chanting can be heard.

Lightbogart
2010-09-10, 07:31 PM
I don't think so

Casts Glitterdust 20 ft into the building

Tsumeken
2010-09-10, 07:42 PM
Your spell manages to get off a few seconds before the chanting is complete. It stops as the man is interrupted. Boxes and three men stand in the doorway, outlined in golden sparkles. One of them rushes to slam the door shut and the other two rub their eyes as they all retreat from the door, still rubbing their eyes.

(OOC: Anyone wishing to try to stop the door from slamming needs to make a Dex check versus their own)

monkman
2010-09-10, 08:31 PM
Wolfswift charge at the door and smash into it trying to break it(with the body)
what would be the check, and would weight count?

Diarmuid
2010-09-10, 08:59 PM
Dorvan & Cobble

Dorvan still wasnt exactly sure what was going on here. No one had bothered to fess up to having the stone the friar had given them. He briefly considered going back to the cathedral to retrieve it but with the pace this group kept they would likely have moved on to Neverwinter or perhaps even Yartur by the time he got back.

When it becomes obvious that the burly types are getting antsy and the weapons start ringing out he begins preparing himself and Cobble for battle.

Casting Shield Other on Cobble, 9 hour duration.
Casting Persisted True Seeing via DMM
Casting Persisted Divine Power via DMM
Casting Persisted Holy Transformation, Lesser via DMM

With his spells finished, Dorvan directs Cobble to assist in taking the door while he uses his holy transformation to fly to a window and break it as was requested.

Lightbogart
2010-09-10, 09:06 PM
You aren't closing that door

Cunning Surge... twice: -6 inspiration for another standard action (9 left)

A long bow suddenly appears in Baltimore's hands and he casts Greater magic weapon on it and fires 2 arrows (I haven't moved yet)
Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2 [roll3]

Lightbogart
2010-09-10, 09:11 PM
Sorry I decided to add the Greater magic weapon after I posted my rolls
Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Wait should I take my previous rolls just with +2?

dark_scarab
2010-09-10, 09:12 PM
The Baron will escort the young lady who fell when the thieves who had her are dead to a safe place and free her from her bonds. "Lady, you'll pardon the urgency of my questions, but it is vital for me to know: why did those ruffians have you?"

Cogidubnus
2010-09-11, 04:33 AM
I have Darkvision and can cast Daylight 1/day, so I can light it up for all of us.
Asher casts Bless, affecting all of us (+1 to attack and +1 of fear saves) and Bull's Strength and Divine Favour on himself.

Shouting, Asher says: "Surrender and you will not be harmed! It is never too late to repent! If you resist then I will be forced to refer you to a higher judgement!"

He then casts Daylight inside the centre of the building, lighting 60ft of it with bright light and 60ft with dim light.

"Come out unarmed!"

Tsumeken
2010-09-11, 08:43 AM
Alright heres the way this goes.

Baltimore
As your arrows strike the bandit he crise out and realeases the door retreating inside to try and get away.

Dark scarab
They said something about needing more eyes on the outside or something. It didn't make any sense to me but the next thing I knew I was being tied up.

Diana
The Light surges out of the open door causing you to daze a bit and exposes your hiding place

Dorvan
As you bust out the window the streams easier through it. you can see the two thieves through the light trying to search the floor for something.

The building is lit brighter then any other house in this area, and the commotion has caused attention to be drawn to the scene. Civilians trying to sate their curiosities peer through their windows and doors at the sight. A portly man in clerical robes stumbles out of the door, slamming onto the pavement as he still shimmers from the glitterdust on his body. Cursing can be heard inside from the two thieves that still are inside though are heavily blinded in the direct daylight they seem to be fumbling around looking for something.

Cogidubnus
2010-09-11, 08:45 AM
"It sounds like they're looking for the scroll. We'd best get in there and stop them. Dorvan, can your assistant restrain that cleric?" Asher hisses to his companions, before advancing towards the door.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-11, 08:51 AM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana's eyes had mainly been on the door... until, that was, she heard Asher chanting. It wasn't until the last second it was clearly obvious what it was ... and it made her hiss and curse in Elven under her breath. Of all the things he had to cast... why did it have to be that? She quickly shielded her eyes, keeping her scimitar held firmly in her right hand. As she heard Asher bring up they should follow in, she merely frowned. It still hadn't gone away yet and until he made it do so... she wouldn't have the best sight. "Get the light off!" She hissed, unable to help but be at least a bit... if not very... annoyed.

monkman
2010-09-11, 12:43 PM
Belnan charges into to bulding trying to trample anyone even thought he is not able to see anything
im bull rushing with my sheild in front

Cogidubnus
2010-09-11, 12:44 PM
Belnan charges into to bulding trying to trample anyone even thought he is not able to see anything
im bull rushing with my sheild in front

OOC: You can see, I cast Daylight for that exact reason

Tsumeken
2010-09-11, 12:47 PM
monkman:
rool a strength check since the door is half closed half open to see if you break it down or just knock it open more

monkman
2010-09-11, 02:18 PM
str check
[roll0]

Tsumeken
2010-09-11, 02:30 PM
The door rattles opens a you push it and run up upon the twho still blinded rouges who continue to fumble on the floor, they hear your approaching footsteps and jump as they cover themselves with there hands, "Stop! Stop! We surrender!" The two continue to move around while they shout

Cogidubnus
2010-09-11, 02:32 PM
Asher

"Stand still! Now! What're you doing here?" Asher then proceeds to call the guards in to arrest the 3 men.

monkman
2010-09-11, 02:34 PM
Belnan pushes one of the rogues on the floor saysStay still and then does that with the other one

Lightbogart
2010-09-11, 02:39 PM
There are still others in the building we have to be careful or we might get ambushed. *to the thieves* How many others are there?

Tsumeken
2010-09-11, 02:44 PM
The men stay still as they wait for the guard to come to arrest them. "We, we were just following orders we have to bring people in or else-" He gets no further as he seems to be wracked with pain, falling a flailing on the ground before dying, the same happens to the =m each in succession, like toys being discarded after growing weary of them. The bend and break, and the are no more.

monkman
2010-09-11, 02:51 PM
Dammit, all we know is that someone higher up is controling them. Find the cleric, if he's still alive,question him

Lightbogart
2010-09-11, 02:54 PM
Well that is unfortunate I will scout upstairs

You guys go ahead and loot

monkman
2010-09-11, 02:56 PM
He takes there weapons and look if they have anything of value

Tsumeken
2010-09-11, 03:07 PM
Upstairs
From the second floors most immediate attraction is the large 10 ft hole in the center of the room, marked by a rope that could serve as an emergency route to the first floor the upstairs itself is a 40'x 50' x10' room, the main occupants being rates which are stacked rather precariously. Through the windows you can see the street below.

The Cleric:
The cleric has also suffered a similar death, upon closer inspection a small tatoo can be seen on each of the victims necks, it seems to be a symbol of some sort and they most likely did not kow it as more then decoration.

Loot: (this includes the 2 men defeated before the door was opened to save the woman.)
5x daggers, 1050 gold pieces, 1 strange looking holy symbol, 1 inch long piece of metal, 2 potions of cure moderate wounds, 3 thunderstones, 1suit of hide mail, 2 rings, and 1 scroll of Flame Strike

Lightbogart
2010-09-11, 03:10 PM
I claim my share of the gold and the thunderstones. If that is alright with you guys.

How many people are there for us to split gold with?

monkman
2010-09-11, 03:13 PM
can i claim one ring and the scroll?

Tsumeken
2010-09-11, 03:16 PM
((I believe that there are 7 of you sinc Cobble is a Gondsman and doesn't need gold so. Gold divided fairly among everyone =1050 / 7 = 150 gold a person, also none of these items are identified right now since you just claimed them if they are magical. or if anything someone an be designated as the carrier right now and then everything gets divvied up later))

Cogidubnus
2010-09-11, 03:23 PM
I vote we split all the items once we've finished with this place. We need to explore and find out where they went from here.

monkman
2010-09-11, 03:24 PM
OOC
maybe we should identify the equipement before and then choose who gets what.

Lightbogart
2010-09-11, 03:28 PM
OOC:
We could do that, but do we have enough identify spells?

Cogidubnus
2010-09-11, 03:54 PM
Let's talk OOC in the OOC thread, shall we?

VirgoBushin
2010-09-11, 05:57 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana hissed. The light was still there. She figured if she was going to get anywhere, she'd have to manually force her eyes to work. She slowly began blinking, her arm lowering as the spell's effect lessened to her eyes. Finally she was able to see and she did see that the people just fell over and screamed in pain. It was... a weird sight to see. How exactly it'd happened, she wasn't sure, but it seemed like they were somehow being controlled. This is getting more and more interesting.... She thought, sheathing her scimitar away before slowly standing up at her full height now. Though the spell's effects were gone, she wanted to ensure they would as she held her hands out to her sides to maintain balance, lest she dared fell in front of all these men. As she remembered her main reason for coming here, she began searching upstairs upon seeing there was such an available route to go. Damnit... I wasn't too slow again, was I? She really hoped not... if she had just had to suffer a Daylight spell only to be forced to have missed any hints... she'd figure something out later. All she knew was she wouldn't be happy at all.

Search Check for Upstairs for Anything that May Have Been Hidden:
[roll0]

Lightbogart
2010-09-11, 06:06 PM
That's a good idea Diana

Search check
1d20+23

VirgoBushin
2010-09-11, 06:16 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana turned upon hearing another voice... and saw Baltimore. She slipped the 20 gold she'd found away in her pockets and sighed. No! I can't be late again! Aloud, however, she merely took a deep breath before managing to look over to at Baltimore. "You must excuse my behavior as of late. I know I've been insanely quiet, almost as if ignoring.... though I'm not trying to give that impression if I am." She looked back down, trying to search again, figuring her results had been due from the Daylight spell still bothering her a bit. "But...I am just.... really focused on my goal right now and I don't want to have come so far only to have found nothing." She explained whilst searching.. As she found a piece of cloth with runes written on it, she tilted her head. Nearby it was a small blue gem. The runes were familiar to her and it made her smile as she began looking at them herself, trying to translate it. In case of emergency... look through glass? Is this a joke? She wondered, frowning slightly before pocketing those away as well. It might make more sense later... but for now, the fact she'd found something written in her native tongue was proof enough she hadn't been too slow.

(OOC: *sigh* Makes mental note to not preview when trying to roll as does it offline* 19. For those who don't know, Tsume is able to tell me my results because we're married and live together.)

Diarmuid
2010-09-11, 08:10 PM
Dorvan & Cobble

The priest of Gond sees that the inside has been secured and begins circling the building in the air looking to see if anyone is rushing to the aid of the rogues or perhaps trying to flee the scene.

Cobble stands guard in the doorway as Dorvan requested, staying there as he hasnt been given another order since then.

On one of his passes by the building, Dorvan calls to his companions,

"So, whoever had the stone...is it doing anything?"

Tsumeken
2010-09-11, 08:49 PM
((Light said he wanted the stone so heres the resul
the stone is only slightly glowing, indicating that the object it is linked too is not here but it is nearby.

Ragnoth
2010-09-12, 05:02 PM
Theroar stands in the middle of the warehouse casting his eyes around the room. He looks about checking for any doors or any other ways of entering and exiting the main room.

So what excatly has everyone found and has anyone found any doors at all, this can't be all there is to this place.

search [roll0]
spot [roll1]

monkman
2010-09-12, 05:13 PM
( ... i dont think your able to intimadate dead bodies?)

Also i write as bad as you but i use capitals ,use point, etc. I can barelly understand what you were saying, please make an effort to write better

dark_scarab
2010-09-12, 09:52 PM
After comforting the captive girl and calming her down as much as possible, the Baron followed the other adventurers into the warehouse. After their alarmingly easy defeat, the Baron has a feeling that there's more to this hideout than meets the eye. He begins searching with the others for secret doors and passages.

Search

[roll0]

Tsumeken
2010-09-12, 10:08 PM
Search Results for Baron
While searching around the back of the first floor of the warehouse (I'm assuming you're checking there since the 2nd has been searched 3 times already), you find a small trap door.

Search Results for Bren
Your spot check doesn't show anything interesting but when you begin to check around, you find a small compartment in one of the support pillars for the 2nd floor.

For Monkman
I can't understand what you're trying to tell me. Also, no one is trying to intimidate corpses, just searching them.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-12, 10:14 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Deciding that for now, it seemed Baltimore either wasn't in a talkative mood or something more important was on his mind, Diana merely nodded to herself as she got up and bowed her head, but made sure her hat remained on. She then headed downstairs, sighing inwardly as she looked and saw the Baron. "Find anything interesting?" She asked, her hands crossing her chest.

Ragnoth
2010-09-13, 04:41 AM
For Tsume

Bren goes to this compartment and checks for locks or traps and then if none are present attempts to open the compartment

Diarmuid
2010-09-13, 08:22 AM
Dorvan & Cobble

The cleric continues his aerial surveying watching for anyone taking especial notice of the goings on around the warehouse and anyone trying to slink away.

His automaton stands resolute in the doorway ready to bar the entry or exit of anyone who was not among those his master identified as "friendly".

dark_scarab
2010-09-13, 08:23 AM
Looking at Diana with a wry grin on his face, Baron Uldred scuffs with his foot at some dust on the floor revealing a cunningly hidden trap door. "Here... take a look at this. A trap door most likely giving the Suns a bolthole to a safehouse or maybe even their HQ. I imagine that if we were to ask the paladin to come over here with the stone, its glow would intensify if we brought it closer to the trap door."

The Baron frowns as he notices the others are not on the first floor and that the bodies of their slain have been thoroughly looted. "If we can get the others away from their...grisly work. Not that I mind the gold, I just prefer my victims to be alive when I take their money. It's more satisfying that way."

Cogidubnus
2010-09-13, 11:04 AM
Asher

"Believe it or not, Baron, I prefer them to be alive as well. Death is always an...unsatisfactory conclusion. I will call Baltimore and ask him if he can test the stone. Baltimore, might I ask you to come here a moment? Asher calls up to the first floor.

Tsumeken
2010-09-13, 11:49 AM
Ragnoth
No traps, inside is a chain on a pulley system. The pillar seems to be hollow inside and someone of small size or small could probably squeeze through and climb down if the wanted to. It looks like a dumbwaiter system

Ragnoth
2010-09-13, 12:46 PM
Theroar stands up and stares at the compartment briefy then turns and shouts down to the others

guys, I've found some kinda Dumbwaiter pulley thing here. I dunno what it's for but it looks like someone small could fit in here.

Lightbogart
2010-09-13, 05:26 PM
Baltimore comes down holding the stone

What did you guys find?

VirgoBushin
2010-09-13, 06:33 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Her own smirk appeared as she noticed Baron's wry smile appear. "Oh? And what's that for?" She asked, kneeling beside him. "You trying to hint something?" She wasn't able to get much further as she heard Baltimore come down, making her inwardly sigh. So much for being given enough time to enjoy that...ah well... there's always later..... She merely thought before moving aside, "Technically, Baron found it... but nonetheless...." She then pointed down to the trap door, moving away so that he could get a better look and even test the stone out if he wanted to.

Lightbogart
2010-09-13, 06:36 PM
Let's see what we have.

Baltimore leans toward the trap door keeping an eye on the stone for any reactions

Tsumeken
2010-09-13, 06:45 PM
As Baltimore leans towards the trap door, the stone begins to glow brighter, reacting upon something on the other side.

Ragnoth:
Looking over your companions, you notice that none of them are small enough to fit through.

Droven:
You see, through the hole in the second floor, your companions fiddling with a trap door they have found. A paled blue light emits from one of their hands as something is reacting..

Lightbogart
2010-09-13, 06:51 PM
So do you guys think that we should go down?

VirgoBushin
2010-09-13, 06:57 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana noted that, out of the corner of her eye, the stone did indeed seem to react as he approached the trap door. "Definitely...." She replied, thinking a bit before speaking yet again, "Although... should we wait for the others? Or just us go down?" In all truth, either method would work for her, albeit she was sorta hoping for less people. It seemed that the more of the men she was around, the more hectic and hasty they, or most of them, tended to be and it really annoyed her. Nonetheless, she'd wait to hear his input as she got up. Either way, she would head down there, with or without the others.

Lightbogart
2010-09-13, 06:58 PM
Up to you guys

monkman
2010-09-13, 07:01 PM
can we fit?
i upgrades my equipement a bit beacuse i didnt do it the way tsuk described

VirgoBushin
2010-09-13, 07:10 PM
~Diana Tallis~

"I, myself, will definitely go. With you, of course however, seeing as you have our guide of sorts." With that in mind, stepped aside. "Since you have the stone, would you care if I asked you to go in first?" She asked, waiting to begin following behind Baltimore.

Lightbogart
2010-09-13, 07:42 PM
Uhh very well. Baltimore moves in a bit surprised that he should be the leader :smallconfused:

monkman
2010-09-13, 07:45 PM
If you wish ,ill go in first.

Lightbogart
2010-09-13, 07:48 PM
Yes please you are a front liner relieved Baltimore quietly follows

monkman
2010-09-13, 07:54 PM
Belnan opens the trap door and jump inside

Lightbogart
2010-09-13, 08:03 PM
Move silently check
[roll0]

Sweet

dark_scarab
2010-09-13, 09:02 PM
"If there's nothing else to be learned here, I suppose that we should go. The fight to get in here was too easy, so we should be prepared to meet some stiff resistance." The Baron once again disappears his weapons and prepares to enter the trapdoor. Before he lowers himself inside, he smiles at Diana once again, "And the smile, dear lady, was for two reasons: reason the first, I always smile in the presence of a beautiful woman; reason the second, I expected the trap door and was gratified that my expectations proved, once again, to be correct!"Once he's inside, he'll keep his eyes open for anything suspicious or any further trapdoors.

Several Spot checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Lightbogart
2010-09-13, 09:13 PM
Search check
[roll0]

VirgoBushin
2010-09-13, 10:22 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana noted the battle medic seem rather eager as he jumped in and chuckled at this action. She turned back to Baron, smiling, as she spoke again, "Well then... if merely looking at me makes you smile.... I wonder then.... what would it take to put you in a state of nothing but bliss?" She whispered, her own voice softening as she pulled her scimitar slowly out. Whilst holding it firmly in her right hand, she looked down and decided it'd be easier to assist Baron in his searching for when they both went inside.

Search check: [roll0]

Tsumeken
2010-09-13, 10:43 PM
Monkman;
[roll0]
As you jump down, you land with a hard thud. The shock of the impact runs through your body as you find that you've dropped 20 feet below into a cavern underneath the warehouse.

Everyone who is looking into the trap door or climbing down now sees this thanks to the light coming from Baltimore's stone, and from the open trap door:

Bones litter the ground beneath the trap door. The walls reflect the light from the stone as water drips from above slowly. The echo of the battle medic's armor echoes down the tunnel when he hits the ground.

Baron
The view in the cavern shows you no hidden traps or levers. You see the one exit to the north. The blue light from Baltimore's stone begins to glow like a torch.

Baltimore
The bones give you an eerie feel as you look at them. They appear to be smooth, as if by some form of corrosion. The blue light from the stone illuminates the cavern and shows you no signs of traps.

Diana
You find no traps. Your darkvision gives you a small glimpse of a hole near the top of the exit to the north. Something glints inside of it before the blue light begins to fill the cavern.

dark_scarab
2010-09-14, 08:33 AM
"M'lady, I think that you and I are going to have a very long and... enjoyable time together!" Shaking his head and grinning like a fool, the Baron digs in his Bag of Holding and comes up with a rope. Finding something to anchor it, he commands the rope to tie itself there. Others might attribute this action to the Baron's supreme ego, but in this case, the rope actually obeys him and continues to knot itself in a series of knots for easier climbing. He tosses the other end of the rope down into the trapdoor. With a courtly gesture, he says, "After you, Lady Diana!"

Cogidubnus
2010-09-14, 08:46 AM
Asher uses his wings to fly to the bottom of the hole, landing next to Belnan. "Medic, will you heal yourself? Or should I?" He looks at the Baron with a slight frown, but gives away no clue as to why.

If DR protects against falling damage I grant DR 4 to everyone near me, and I was stood next to the trapdoor, so it should work on Monkman.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-14, 09:29 AM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana merely chuckled, smiling back at the Baron. "Oh? I can't wait to see that." She watched as he seemed to pull out some rope that, upon command, actually obeyed him. "Ah...quite handy." She said, unable to help but admire his quick thinking. She then bowed her lightly and carefully began climbing down the rope. When she landed on her two feet, she moved aside for the Baron to be able to climb down next.

Tsumeken
2010-09-14, 09:36 AM
Cogidubnus:
I suppose you're right... just double checked it and sure enough, it would protect him and the others from 4 points of damage.

Monkman:
Thanks to Cog pointing out his person has DR 4, you only took 5 points of damage instead of the full 9.

Ragnoth
2010-09-14, 09:37 AM
Theroar looks at the pulley system and atmepts to find a way to disable it then moves down towards the trapdoor and peers down.

Anything down there of any interest?

dark_scarab
2010-09-14, 09:44 AM
The Baron glances at Theroar and lifts one eyebrow, "Well, the scripture-detector is reacting more strongly to our venturing down there. Look, you can see the light from it all the way up here!" The Baron then climbs down his rope and waits for the others to make their way down. Once the last person makes his way to the bottom, he commands the rope to unknot--which it does-- and then wraps it up and tucks it back into his bag of holding. He seems a little distracted through all this and keeps glancing at Diana. It seems that the normally collected Baron Uldred is, for once, a bit out of sorts!

Cogidubnus
2010-09-14, 10:59 AM
"I'd have lifted you all down, but I suppose the Baron's rope was probably more efficient," Asher offers, folding his wings behind his back. "We now have two choices. Either we hurry, and I set off any traps as we advance, or we advance slowly, disabling traps and with a slim chance of remaining undetected. I favour speed, as the death of those three shows that they know we're here. But we ought to consult. Diana? You seem to think things through carefully." Asher says, addressing the woman.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-14, 01:17 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana looked up quickly in thought. "Hm.... try to combine both. Try to go about it quietly even though they know we're here. They may have only seen us from the light from the stone. We can't immediately assume it's from darkvision so... let's hope it isn't and keep going onward." She said, nodding to reassure herself it sounded good as she began trying to do just that herself. Whilst walking forward, however, she couldn't help but notice the Baron seemed...distracted. She merely smirked but said nothing aloud to him.

Hide Check:[roll0]
Move Silently Check: [roll1]

dark_scarab
2010-09-14, 01:27 PM
Move Silently: [roll0]
Hide: [roll1]

Cogidubnus
2010-09-14, 01:29 PM
(Maybe do rest of Hide/Move Silently in OOC unless it has a post attached?)

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Tsumeken
2010-09-14, 01:40 PM
As you all move down the cavern way, the light form the stone allows you all a well lit area to see what lies ahead. The path slits off to the north and south after traveling approximately 40 ft, the stones grows brighter to the south but dimmer to the north. Sound of laughter and boisterous talking while the sounds of screams echo from the south.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-14, 01:47 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana stopped temporarily as they got to the crossroads of sorts. It was obvious on their choices... now just how would they go about it? She looked up, thinking quickly yet as logically as she could before nodding. "Towards the screaming." As she spoke, she purposely lowered her voice to ensure that only Asher, the Baron, and anyone else following could hear her but no one else. "It will probably lead us directly to our main target of sorts. The laughing, more likely than not, is drunk thieves or something of the like."

Hide Check:[roll0]
Move Silently Check: [roll1]

Cogidubnus
2010-09-14, 01:51 PM
Asher

Hearing the screams, Asher flinches, drawing his sword. "There's no more time for stealth. I'm going in hard and fast. If you want to sneak up and surprise the theives once the fight starts, go ahead. It might work in our favour to catch them off guard. Bren, Belnan, I can't imagine stealth is your preferred method. Care to join me in a glorious charge?"

Ed: (Can we tell the gender of the screamer(s))

dark_scarab
2010-09-14, 01:56 PM
The Baron nods at Diana's suggestion and whispers, "That's a good idea... Though I think we should leave some surprises to prevent others from following us with alacrity. I don't relish the idea of support coming from the north at our undefended back." The Baron reaches into a belt pouch and pulls out two bags of caltrops, tossing them to the darkened floor of the tunnel. "This will dissuade any pursuers, I think! Also, while I'm thinking of it, perhaps the, ah, noisier members of the group should stay behind to stand guard? We wouldn't want whoever is at the other end of this tunnel to be alerted of our impending arrival."

Another Move Silently check: 1d20+22
Another Hide check: 1d20+22

posting these rolls in the ooc thread.

Cogidubnus
2010-09-14, 02:02 PM
"I can't allow that torture to go on without acting.There are innocents in there. There are children in there. If I have to charge in alone, I will do. Strike when you think is best."

Sorry, I am kinda required to respond to stop all evil. And to give them a chance to surrender. But if you guys sneak, they'll think that the heavily armoured attackers are the limit of our force, so you can still leap in at the top of the initiative order against flat-footed enemies by sneaking up behind us.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-14, 02:04 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana nodded, unable to help but smile proudly. So far, it'd been so very easy to persuade this whole group... but thus far the Baron was the most amusing one to seem to have fallen under her spell of sorts. Not that she really had one, of course, it was but a figure of speech. She couldn't help but wonder why this was so natural to her.... she just knew she'd always been this way and had an odd knack for getting men to be rather flustered. Not now... She reminded herself as she looked ahead, deciding for now Asher had his own point. The screams hadn't quite sounded very reassuring and they probably did need to hurry. She nodded to him then began following behind him, scimitar held firmly in hand. Her pace was trying to be quick yet quiet simultaneously.

(Cog:: Some female, some male; some are also younger than any of you. So a mixture.)

Tsumeken
2010-09-14, 02:17 PM
(I assume that no one who's on-line has any problems about with what everyone is saying.. All characters wearing heavy armor are probably going to agree to this since they are Lawful Good and follow the paladin. Others are probably going to follow behind or to the side.)

Asher & Anyone Who Joined Him:
You enter into a large circular one, at least 80 feet in diameter. The walls are lined with cages holding human occupants, some young,, some old. All seem to have been tortured within an inch of their life. A large hole is in the center of the room, spanning at least 50 feet across. The screams appear to be coming from below. Across the way, you see a man dressed in a blood-stained leather armor sitting and smiling.. His hair seems mad and his eyes contain a crazed look as he twirls the dagger in one hand. Standing next to him is a creature of other worldly origins. It stands a good six feet tall, top of it's lithe body rests a squid-like head. It seems to be wearing very gaudy robes and doesn't seem at all surprised by your entrance.

Asher Only:
Both creatures identify as evil, an especially strong aura radiates from the man.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-14, 02:27 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana stopped a little before she would have actually entered the room. She was, however, able to see from the distance and angle she'd put herself at. For now, she'd wait for Asher to give them a chance to surrender... though she doubted it'd work, she also commended him for trying. Deciding that while she was here and, to her knowledge, unknown of, she quietly sheathed her scimitar away, pulling her heavy crossbow out. It'd already been loaded and ready. She kept herself hidden behind the wall, peeking around as she slowly began to watch everything unfold. Time to see how this goes...

Hide check: [roll0]

Diarmuid
2010-09-14, 02:31 PM
Dorvan & Cobble
Spells currently in effect

Dorvan
Shield Other CL9 (target Cobble)
Holy Transformation, Lesser CL9
Divine Power CL9
True Seeing CL9

Having seen the group fiddling with something, the cleric did one more sweep around the building looking for anything out of the ordinary (still) before landing at the doorway and directing Cobble to follow him. By that time he's just seeing the last of the group heading off in the hole. Grasping his heavy companion, he trusts his flight and spell-enhanced strength to lower them to the cavern below. His magical vision pierces the darkness with no problems and he moves to catch up with the group.

He and Cobble arrive just as the screams break out and the both bear their weapons and move to follow Ashar.

"My you are quite the hasty bunch.

Cogidubnus
2010-09-14, 02:39 PM
Asher

Grinning to see the others responding so readily to rescue the injured, Asher flys into the room, calling out to the two across from the hole: "Surrender, and your lives will be spared. I am a Paladin of Chauntea. I am a bearer of the blood of celestials. You cannot oppose me, or my allies."

Diplomacy Check: [roll0]

If the enemies refuse to surrender, Asher will charge the man, using his wings, and sweep his sword up across his body.

Charge Attack with 5 points power attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] (acid)+ [roll4] (holy)
Any critical hits auto-confirm, attacks are good aligned, enemies take -1 to AC for a round, critical hits cause a Bestow Curse effect. Oh, and he crits on a 17.

dark_scarab
2010-09-14, 02:49 PM
"Dorvan, you have no idea. I was all for spying out what was going on, but the paladin of Chauntea there just cannot abide the sound of screams I guess." The Baron relaxes as he watches the heavily armored fighter-types go thundering down the tunnel. After a while, there's only the stealthy few left. "I think that I'll just wait this one out. For a while, at any rate. I don't really want to get killed today and I really do despise being underground!"

Tsumeken
2010-09-14, 03:02 PM
The man stands and begins to laugh. "Heh. You really think that you have any advantage here, oh holy one? You shall merely become more power for us and our quest to vanquish those that have wronged us. But perhaps you think yourself powerful enough to take us on with you and your small group?"

Another voice began to speak, even to those not in the room. It seemed to be coming from everywhere at once, "You low creatures have already caused enough trouble by interfering with our gatherings. It will end here now."

After Charge Attack:
As Asher connects with the man, there's a bright flash of light and he and the other creature disappear. Something can be heard from the pit. Moans of agony rise from it. Faceless creatures that appear to be human-like clad in darkness and shadows begin to rise from the pit. Two red glowing eyes light their faces, seeming to burn with hatred. A second creature rises as well, positioning itself above the pit to survey what is going on. It's appearance is that of a bloated white mass with two long gangly legs hanging from it's bottom. Blackened eyes dart, looking around at the living who still occupy the room as a dark ooze leaks from it's body.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-14, 03:16 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana continued to listen quietly. So far, it was going as she'd though....not well. In fact, the man called Asher crazy for even trying to speak with him. But what really got her attention made her shake. Someone...or something spoke to them all via...telepathy? But...how? She didn't think anything could really do that. It must be that other thing beside the human... She thought then let out a sigh of relief. They ended up leaving soon after Asher's hit connected. It wasn't over though, she saw, as what seemed to be shadows rose from the pit and a large...white mass soon followed. She couldn't help but make a face. Ugh it looked ugly. She took a deep breath as she turned herself to get at, what she hoped was, a better angle as she began to take aim. True, she didn't know what it was, but she did know it probably should be dealt with first. She nodded, reassuring herself her logic sounded right before firing at it.

To hit roll 1:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Cogidubnus
2010-09-14, 03:26 PM
Asher spins, seeing the...things...rising from the pit. He spits, disgusted by them, and goes straight for the white lump hanging above the pit, sword blazing with holy fire, the acid gleam showing through beneath.

Same routine as before, let's try a 8 point power attack smite on for size.
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3]

monkman
2010-09-14, 03:40 PM
He starts casting divine power upon himself

Lightbogart
2010-09-14, 06:57 PM
Baltimore moves in aiming for the white mass or creature whatever
With my enchanted arrows I use Cunning insight twice. Getting a +6 on atk and damage
If possible I will also get my Cunning strike out for 1d6 sneak attack

That's like 6 inspiration left

[roll0]
[roll1]
Sneak attack if applicable
[roll2]

Diarmuid
2010-09-15, 10:57 AM
Dorvan & Cobble
Stats

Dorvan
HP: 59/59
AC: 22, T: 11, FF: 21 (+2 if within 30' of Ashar)
Active Spells: Holy Transformation, Lesser; True Seeing; Shield Other (Cobble); Divine Power

Cobble
HP: 59/59
AC: 28, T: 11, FF: 27 (+2 if within 30' of Ashar)

The cleric was shocked to see one of the strange illithid down here, but before he could react the paladin was charging through the air.

As the creatures swarm from the pit, Dorvan mutters

"Beware, wraiths. Their touch will sap your vitality. Oh my lord!"

The last exclamation comes when the odd mass floats out of the depths.

"Atropol Psion...hit it hard and fast...they are resilient to all but the hardest of metals and they heal very quickly."

Knowing that he will have little impact on the creature with his weapons he settles in behind Cobble and prepares a spell to counter anything the creature might throw at them.

Readying Dispel Magic as a Counterspell.

Standing behind Cobble who will attempt to defend me.

Tsumeken
2010-09-15, 11:16 AM
Baltimore:
Your shot misses. The atropal psion glanced off of it's hard skin but caused no damage. Undead are immune to sneak attack damage unless you have a certain feat.

Cogidubnus
2010-09-15, 12:00 PM
Asher

"How tough is this thing? I can push all my power into slaying it, but it will weaken me considerably afterwards."

Tsumeken
2010-09-15, 12:12 PM
Monkman: (I'm going to god-mod you for a bit since you're not here but you got the first highest init)
Daredevil Will Save: [roll0]
Jump Check (In case fails will save): [roll1]

Belnan moves forward and shouts out towards the creatures across the way., taunting them to come and get him.

Tsumeken
2010-09-15, 12:22 PM
One of the figures in black begins it's silent movement across the center of the room to Belnon, attempting to rake at him with it's black claw.

Touch Attack Attempt:
[roll0]

Normal Damage:
[roll1]

Fort Save: (Saved)
[roll2]

Con Damage: (Ignore)
[roll3]

It passes through your armor easily and into your flesh, giving you a cold feeling.. It almost feels as if it's trying to drain your very life away as you hold onto it, keeping it from the creature's reach.

Tsumeken
2010-09-15, 08:33 PM
(Baron's god mod turn just to move things along.)

The baron was displeased at alot of things the group had done in terms of stealth and thought out action, but each person had there own pace.... this one just seemed to be top speed and hold the contemplation. He moved in behind Diana, a view he did not mind more then anything, to see the ongoing battle. "Now what have they gotten themselves into?" he said quietly with a hint of sarcasm as he could see exactly what it was, trouble. Drovan's helpful description of the large mass of undead flesh as an Atropal Scion and it's main defensive abilities had helped. The baron had no real long range and no desire to be in a room full of life sucking wraiths either. Instead he decided to stay back for now and watch the back. The loud voices may turn into a rushing mob if this gets loud enough.. *total defensive action +4 ac till next come around*

Tsumeken
2010-09-16, 04:29 AM
Bren move

Bren not one to stand behind moves forward to assist Belnon, with the wraith. He swings his great sword towards it's form.

Attack roll, followed by damage
[roll0]
[roll1]

The blade cuts through the shade as it wails in pain before reconnecting it's incorporeal form back to itself.

Cogidubnus
2010-09-16, 11:55 AM
Asher brings his sword to bear on the monster again, trying to cut it apart.

6 power attack 1: [roll0]
3 power attack 2: [roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2] + [roll3] + [roll4] acid
Damage 2: [roll5] + [roll6] + [roll7] acid

Tsumeken
2010-09-16, 01:29 PM
As the blade connect as shriek emits from the beasts maw, black ichor leaks from its wounds as it falls to the floor below (Scion Defeated)

The Dark Shades seem to weaken now as one moves towards Asher and attacks

Wraiths attack (hit)
[roll0]
damage if hits (dr applied makes it =1)
[roll1]
Fort save (saved)
[roll2]
Con Damage (ignore)
[roll3]

The creature reaches through your armor and into your lifeforce as it attempts to pry it from you, but you force of will and conviction allows you to resist the dark grasp.

VirgoBushin
2010-09-17, 04:38 AM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana let out a slight sigh of relief. The big white mass had been finished off. Now all that's left are the wraiths... Sure, they could do serious damage... but only if you got touched by them. She decided to continue sticking with long as she reloaded her heavy crossbow and fired at one of the ones that had yet to be hit [If they were numbered 1-6, #5].

To Hit Roll:
[roll0]

Damage Roll:
[roll1]

Tsumeken
2010-09-17, 10:07 AM
The wraith was pierced by the shot as it's anger reflected in it's red glare. The next wraith began to move, seeing the Paladin as the biggest threat and source of their malice it moved and attacked

Attck roll / Damage roll (Hit)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Fort save / Con damage (Saved)
[roll2]
[roll3]

The wraith easily slip past the armor bu tagain fail in their attempt to drain the holy warrior of life.

(Cobble's turn)

Tsumeken
2010-09-18, 09:24 AM
Cobble moved to stand between any approaching wraiths and his master, whose safety came first above all others. Raising his crossbow, he took aim and fired.

To hit roll:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Tsumeken
2010-09-18, 09:33 AM
Both of the dark figures moves to attack Asher. One misses but the other hits. However, it doesn't drain him.

Wraith One:

To Hit: (Missed)
[roll0]

Wraith Two:
To Hit:
[roll4]

Damage:
[roll5]

Fort Save: (Saved)
[roll6]

Con Damage: (Ignore)
[roll7]

Lightbogart
2010-09-18, 09:36 AM
Baltimore uses Opportunistic Piety to TURN undead

Highest HD

Turning damage

[roll]2d6+9+3

Edit:
*sigh* Tsu can you roll my turning damage (I'll remember not to do that again)
5 inspiration left

Tsumeken
2010-09-18, 11:23 AM
Baltimore's Turning Undead Damage:
[roll0]

Two of the figures burst into light as you finish your turning.

Diarmuid
2010-09-18, 07:03 PM
Dorvan & Cobble

Seeing the Psion out of the combat, Dorvan moves to stand in front of the archers with Cobble and readies an attack should any wraiths get too close.

Dorvan's Readied Attack [roll0], Damage [roll1] + Sacred [roll2] (Damege treated as Good)

Cobble continues to protect his creator, readying to attack any wraiths that come close enough to threaten either of them

Cobble's Readied Attack [roll3], Damage [roll4] + Sacred [roll5] + Crystal [roll6] (Damege treated as Good)

monkman
2010-09-18, 08:24 PM
belnan attack the wraith that was next to him
[roll0] [roll1][roll2]fire damage
[roll3][roll4][roll5]fire damage

Tsumeken
2010-09-18, 10:56 PM
The dissipates into a flaming shade as the sword passes through his form and disappears.

Vincent takes a full-defensive action, deciding it would be wise to remain that way while still guarding Diana.

Bren breaks into a run, moving around the hole to try to get one of the other wraith's attention.

(Asher's turn now)

Cogidubnus
2010-09-20, 11:29 AM
Sorry I didn't post yesterday guys, it's hard for me to get on the PC on sundays.

Asher takes a swipe at the wraith in front of him, and, if it dies, he flies down to join the others. If not, he follows through with another attack.

[roll0] for [roll1] + [roll2] holy + [roll3] acid.

[roll4] for [roll5] + [roll6] holy + [roll7] acid.

Tsumeken
2010-09-20, 06:09 PM
The wraith disapates in a flaming burst as your sword passes through. The other wraiths (2) continue their assault not realizing the loss of their comrade.

Lightbogart
2010-09-20, 06:28 PM
I'll just post my action for after the wraiths go

Again I use Opportunistic Piety 4 inspiration left

Turning check
[roll0]

Turning damage (I better get it right this time) hah ha
[roll1]

Good thing I picked up that strange holy symbol

Tsumeken
2010-09-20, 07:18 PM
The remaining wraith explode in light as the damaging power wracks through their bodies.

((Congrats you have defeated the Scion and his minions, go you guys.))

Lightbogart
2010-09-20, 07:25 PM
Baltimore smiles at the victory

I am glad that we were able to win the battle..... but then he starts to sweat as if he just remembered something

Well er I guess we should start looking for loot

VirgoBushin
2010-09-20, 07:36 PM
~Diana Tallis~

Diana let out a sigh of relief as the last of the wraiths had vanished. "Whew....glad that's over..." She murmured, stepping out from behind the corner she'd been hiding behind to shoot at everything. While normally she'd keep it out, she felt confident enough that the group was done fighting for now and attached it back to her hip. She took a hold of her hat and carefully adjusted it, making sure it didn't dare fall off but making it so it remained on her head. She waved her hand, as if encouraging the others to go do so. After some thinking, however, Diana decided to join them. So far, she had found some hints of what she was sure was her dad's possessions here... so maybe she would get lucky again.

Search Check:
[roll0]