PDA

View Full Version : Monsters turned Heroes! Post Your Stats!

truedragon
2010-09-08, 04:59 PM
There are alot of entries in the Monster Manuals and other core books that would make cool characters but only a small few have Character Stats attached to thier entries. I though it would be cool to start a thread where we, the gamers, could post stats for our favorite creatures so others rate them and use them to make characters.

Please post where you found the creature and for what version of D&D you have modified it for.

Here i'll start the ball rolling. In the 3.5 Miniatures Handbook there was an entry for a race of anthro horses from a land across the seas called the Equicephs. I though they were cool so i made the following stats. tell me if you think its balanced.

Equiceph characters possess the following
racial traits.
— +6 Strength
—Large size. –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1
penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
—Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
—A equiceph’s base land speed is 40 feet.
—Darkvision out to 60 feet, low-light vision
—Racial Hit Dice: A equiceph begins with four levels of monstrous humanoid, which provide 4d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +4, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +4, and Will +4.
—Racial Skills: A equiceph’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 7 x (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Intimidate and Survival.
—Racial Feats: A equiceph’s monstrous humanoid levels give it two feats.
—Weapon Proficiency: A equicephis proficient with the greataxe and all simple weapons.
— +5 natural armor bonus.
—Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan.
Bonus Languages: Orc, Goblin, Gnoll.
—Favored Class: Ranger.
—Level adjustment +1.

demidracolich
2010-09-08, 05:20 PM
Have you seen the improved monster classes thread? It turns monsters into classes.
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165439

gbprime
2010-11-15, 02:17 AM
Slight necro here, regarding statting the Equiceph.

First, the Mini Handbook this critter comes from uses a stat array of (8,9,10,11,12,13) for it's humanoid/monstrous-humanoid races. Given that, it's more likely to have bigger stat bonuses than just +6 STR. If you assume INT, WIS, and CHA are as presented, then that would leave STR, DEX, and CON as the 8, 9, 10 stats... resulting in a racial mod of +8 STR, +4 DEX, +4 CON. (Though personally I'd tone it down to +6 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con)

(Or am I over-thinking it?)

Second, it's got Endurance as a racial bonus feat. (Which is kind of a pity since it's preferred class is Ranger. :smallannoyed: )