PDA

View Full Version : My Car Done Gots Accidented

Deth Muncher
2010-09-09, 08:54 PM
Or, for those of y'all not from the American South - I got into an accident today. Long story short: Some dude zipped out into my road from the intersection (which is crappy anyway, stupid city roads) without seeing me there, and thus I whacked into him. He gets a Failure to Yield ticket, I get a dented front end of my car. I'm okay, he's okay (though he missed a concert, which makes me feel bad because honestly the guy seemed like a pretty cool dude), and I already called the insurance company - claim making is easier, because apparently we both have Allstate. Also, my car isn't leaking or anything, or overheating, and it's still 100% operable - just not as pretty.

It's one of those "Thank God for small favors" kind of days.

Skeppio
2010-09-09, 09:02 PM
Oh wow, that pretty lucky. No-ones hurt, no-ones angry, and your car's still up and running, It's your lucky unlucky day. :smallbiggrin:

Eon
2010-09-09, 10:25 PM
Well. That's no fun, but at least it wasn't worse. :smallsmile:

Actually reminds me not all accidents are as bad. I'm nearing the end of Driver's Ed. Those videos are very disturbing to me...:smallfrown:

Lycan 01
2010-09-09, 10:55 PM
Dang dude. :smalleek: Glad you're okay. The fact that no one got hurt is the most important thing here. Thank God for small favors, indeed.

So, gonna get it repaired? If so, when?

Deth Muncher
2010-09-09, 11:25 PM
Dang dude. :smalleek: Glad you're okay. The fact that no one got hurt is the most important thing here. Thank God for small favors, indeed.

So, gonna get it repaired? If so, when?

Taking it to get inspected Tuesday, assuming I can get out of class in time, if not I drive back home and swap my car (it's a CRV, by the way) for my dad's truck and let him deal with it.

Serpentine
2010-09-09, 11:28 PM
Ur car done goofed.

My sister had an accident a while ago. Someone ran a stop sign. They would've been fine if she'd just kept going, but no, she stopped... right in front of my sister. Who had her baby son in the back. Car was salvageable, but needed repairs before it could be safely driven.

ForzaFiori
2010-09-09, 11:53 PM
I did something similar to this at the start of the summer, and wound up rear-ending a truck. Everyone was fine, her car wasn't hurt, mine still ran, but I had a hole the perfect shape of a trailer hitch in my front bumper. I just slapped some black duct tape on it, cause a new bumper would be expensive. Luckily for you, dent's are fairly cheap to pop out.

Deth Muncher
2010-09-10, 07:24 AM
I did something similar to this at the start of the summer, and wound up rear-ending a truck. Everyone was fine, her car wasn't hurt, mine still ran, but I had a hole the perfect shape of a trailer hitch in my front bumper. I just slapped some black duct tape on it, cause a new bumper would be expensive. Luckily for you, dent's are fairly cheap to pop out.

Well...the main thing right now is my left front quarterpanel is slightly out of place, which is keeping my hood from closing properly. It closes, just not properly. And my grill is almost off. And there's a hole in my front bumper. (It's hard plastic or something, go figure. The guy I hit was in a Grand Marquis. Needless to say, his car was pretty much fine.)