PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Imbue Item question. [3.5]

gomipile
2010-09-09, 10:27 PM
I asked this in the simple 3.5 Q&A, but apparently it isn't simple enough of a question.

Is it possible for a level 12 warlock with Imbue Item to make a magic item(scroll, wand, etc.) of a metamagic enhanced spell?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Kelb_Panthera
2010-09-09, 11:10 PM
If he has the appropriate metamagic feat, and can make the necessary UMD check; I don't see why not.

Reluctance
2010-09-10, 12:40 AM
Technically speaking, not only don't you need to know a metamagic feat to make use of an item containing it, but you don't even need to pay any more than you would for the basic form of the item. The only time the metamagic/IC interaction is mentioned is that potions and wands check their level limits against the metamagiced level.

Practically speaking, I'd say go for it. Requiring the MM feat is excessive for characters who can't use them, and it's not like unreduced metamagic causes games to break down. Do expect all costs to include the full metamagic boost, though.

Kelb_Panthera
2010-09-10, 02:05 AM
actually, requiring the metamagic feats has precedent. See the ever-popular artificer. And I know with certainty that you can't craft a metamagic-improved item without knowing the metamagic, under the normal rules for creating the item.