PDA

View Full Version : Uncanny Dodge

mootoall
2010-09-10, 03:27 PM
I've got a character who's AC is 28 at level six, but since 12 of this is a dodge bonus, it drops all the way to 16 when she's flat-footed. Is there any class that can give me Uncanny Dodge for a 1 level dip? I know barb gives it to me at second level, but it doesn't fit with the character. Any suggestions?

raitalin
2010-09-10, 03:35 PM
Shadowdancer gets it a 2nd level, and you get Hide in Plain Sight at 1st. Prereqs suck, though.

Assassin and Dwarven Defender also get it at second, as does Warblade. Might help if you gave us more info abou the character, to find an option that fits.

mootoall
2010-09-10, 03:39 PM
That they do indeed. Who takes ranks in Perform: Dance?

Snake-Aes
2010-09-10, 03:39 PM
I've got a character who's AC is 28 at level six, but since 12 of this is a dodge bonus, it drops all the way to 16 when she's flat-footed. Is there any class that can give me Uncanny Dodge for a 1 level dip? I know barb gives it to me at second level, but it doesn't fit with the character. Any suggestions?

cleric with fate domain.

mootoall
2010-09-10, 03:42 PM
What book is the fate domain in?

HunterOfJello
2010-09-10, 03:43 PM
Spell Compendium

~

If you're looking for deities that offer that domain, check out http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Spells-ClericalDomains.pdf .

It has a long list of the deities from multiple settings and their full domain lists (which are occasionally longer than one single book may state.)

Fate is a fairly common domain from a quick search I did, so finding a relevent deity shouldn't be hard.

Coidzor
2010-09-10, 03:48 PM
This sounds like a job for CLOISTERED CLERIC DIP!

Zaq
2010-09-10, 03:50 PM
The Impulse Boots soulmeld gives Uncanny Dodge. Play an Incarnate, or just burn a feat on it. (It also gives you a bonus to Reflex saves, if you have essentia, and if you use your Feet chakra bind, it gives you evasion as well. It's extraordinarily handy.)

Thalnawr
2010-09-10, 03:52 PM
Also, if Magic of Incarnum is available for use, you can get it as a feat. Shape Soulmeld (Impulse Boots) will give it to you. Or you could just gain a level of Incarnate and get it without spending a feat if you're NG, NE, LN, or CN.

Then again, it really depends on the type of character you're playing, and what's allowed in the campaign.

Edit: Swordsage'd...

mootoall
2010-09-10, 04:15 PM
Well, I'm using one of Oscelamo's monster classes, and as of now I'm straight pixie. So really I can take any class. I think the incarnate works best, especially because, as I said, I'm level six, and I'd have to wait another three levels to take the feat.

HunterOfJello
2010-09-10, 04:16 PM
wow, I can't believe I forgot about magic of incarnum.

The easiest way to get uncanny dodge would be to take Shape Soulmeld (Impulse Boots), as mentioned.

However, I wouldn't discount taking a level in Incarnate, Cleric or Cloistered Cleric.

~

There are lots of domains that give good bonus abilities. Improved Initiative and Blind-Fight come to mind.

~

Taking a level of Incarnate would give you 2 Soulmelds per day and 1 point of essentia to invest into them.

You could gain Uncanny Dodge every day along with the option of grabbing Immunity to disease, 25% protection against critical hits and sneak attacks, Protection from mental control or another Soulmeld from a long list.

Both classes get great abilities from a single dip and allow quick access to prestige classes.

Esser-Z
2010-09-10, 04:30 PM
That they do indeed. Who takes ranks in Perform: Dance?
We can peform: dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind. Because your friends don't perform: Dance and if they don't perform: dance, well, they're no friends of mine!

Person_Man
2010-09-10, 04:31 PM
If you do take Shape Soulmeld (Impulse Boots) you should also take Open Least Chakra (Feet) to gain Evasion as well.

As a side note, you can also use Shape Soulmeld to gain Energy Resistance 10, Immunity to Mental Control, Immunity to Disease + Sickened + Nauseated, at will Detect Magic (useful for detecting magical traps and treasure), Immunity to Bull Rush, Immunity to being Flanked, or a natural tail attack, among other goodies. If you throw in the Open Chakra feats on top of that, there are a few dozen other useful abilities.

Jarveiyan
2010-09-11, 04:42 AM
We can peform: dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind. Because your friends don't perform: Dance and if they don't perform: dance, well, they're no friends of mine!

Yeah I was thinking of that when I thought of that same comment. Now that was funny.

FelixG
2010-09-11, 05:05 AM

May i sig this?

Cirrhosis
2010-09-12, 12:02 PM
Who takes ranks in Perform: Dance? Bards hoping to get into Fochlucan Lyrist by way of a 1 level dip into druid and a 2 level dip into shadowdancer.

"You mean i can be an 11th level druid caster, get evasion, uncanny dodge, an extra point of base attack, and hide in plain sight, and all i have to do is learn to dance and give up is 3 levels of bard? Okay, mister! Where do i sign up?"

Esser-Z
2010-09-12, 12:06 PM
May i sig this?

Go right ahead.