PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] PRC: The Duckblade

Jergmo
2010-09-10, 06:24 PM
After posting this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9329045#post9329045), I felt the urge to actually make the class.

The Duckblade
Duckblades are fearsome arcane warriors, capable of transmuting their enemies into harmless ducks with their blades. Nearly all duckblades are full-classed duskblades, but some do pursue other paths.

Hit Die: d8

Requirements
To become a duckblade, a character must meet the following prerequisites.
Base Attack Bonus: +6 BAB.
Feats: Spell Focus (Transmutation)
Spells: Must be able to cast 3rd-level spells.
Special: The character must have the arcane channeling ability, as well as proficiency with all martial weapons.

Class Skills
The duckblade's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb, Concentrate, Craft, Decipher Script, Jump, Knowledge (all skills, taken individually), Ride, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Swim.
Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the duckblade prestige class.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Duckblades gain no armor or weapon proficiencies.
Spells Per Day/Spells Known: At each level, the duckblade gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if it had also gained a level in an arcane spellcasting class it belonged to before adding the prestige class level. The duckblade does not, however, gain any other abilities of the class. If the duckblade has more than one arcane spellcasting class, it must choose which class's spellcasting level is increased.

Table 1: The Duckblade

{table=head]Level | Base Attack Bonus | Fort Save | Ref Save | Will Save | Special | Spellcasting
1st | +1 | +2 | +0 | +2 | Baleful polymorph 1/day | +1 level of existing Spellcasting class
2nd | +2 | +3 | +0 | +3 | Baleful polymorph 2/day, transmutation DC +1 | +1 level of existing Spellcasting class
3rd | +3 | +3 | +1 | +3 | Baleful polymorph 3/day | +1 level of existing Spellcasting class
4th | +4 | +4 | +1 | +4 | Baleful polymorph 4/day, transmutation DC +2 | +1 level of existing Spellcasting class
5th | +5 | +4 | +1 | +4 | Baleful polymorph 5/day | +1 level of existing Spellcasting class
[/table]

Baleful Polymorph (Su): Once per day per duckblade class level, the duckblade can cast baleful polymorph as a spell-like ability through their arcane channeling ability. A successful attempt turns the target into a duck with clipped wings. The spellcaster level is equal to the character's character level and the DC is based off of the attribute the character's primary arcane spellcasting class is dependent on.

Transmutation DC Bonus (Su): The duckblade gains the listed bonus to the DC of transmutation spells they cast and their baleful polymorph ability.

Zaydos
2010-09-10, 06:28 PM
This is actually a tempting class. Baleful Polymorph + Arcane Channeling full attack = fun times. Might want to state that although it is a Spell-like Ability the DC is based on Int instead of Cha so you don't make them too MAD though.

Jergmo
2010-09-10, 06:35 PM
This is actually a tempting class. Baleful Polymorph + Arcane Channeling full attack = fun times. Might want to state that although it is a Spell-like Ability the DC is based on Int instead of Cha so you don't make them too MAD though.

Oh, thanks! I didn't think of that at all. :smallredface:

Schylerwalker
2010-09-10, 06:43 PM
You made me lawl, sir. Well done. I might actually try one of these bad boys out, if my DM doesn't smack me upside the head for suggesting it...

Jergmo
2010-09-10, 06:47 PM
You made me lawl, sir. Well done. I might actually try one of these bad boys out, if my DM doesn't smack me upside the head for suggesting it...

Ha, I don't actually plan on using it myself. I just made it for kicks, though I wonder if it couldn't be used as a good filler for certain gish builds.

Zaydos
2010-09-10, 07:02 PM
Also realize their Transmutation DC +1 and +2 wouldn't work on Baleful Polymorph normally as it's a Spell-like ability and it's effects should probably be listed in the text and not just the table.

Jergmo
2010-09-10, 07:32 PM
Also realize their Transmutation DC +1 and +2 wouldn't work on Baleful Polymorph normally as it's a Spell-like ability and it's effects should probably be listed in the text and not just the table.

Also fixed!