PDA

View Full Version : Searing Charge + Pounce? [3.5]

Lucid
2010-09-10, 07:29 PM
As part of this maneuver, you must charge an opponent. You gain the ability to fly at your base land speed with perfect maneuverability while charging. Resolve your charge attack normally. On a successful hit, you deal an extra 5d6 points of fire damage to the target of your charge.
When a creature with this special attack makes a charge, it can follow with a full attack.
I was wondering how these two interact. Would you get the full attack from pounce while using searing charge?
If so, would you add the extra damage form Searing Charge to each attack or only the first hit?

Also, are you allowed to move twice your base speed while flying, as normal for a charge? I don't think so myself, but I'd like some opinions on this.

Ernir
2010-09-10, 07:35 PM
Searing Charge + Pounce works, I say.

"you must charge an opponent.", "Resolve your charge attack normally.", and "On a successful hit," all indicates strongly that pounce works normally.

As for flying - sure, you can move double your speed. Why not? It's just a charge. With perfect maneuverability, even, so you don't have to worry about angles. :smalltongue:

HunterOfJello
2010-09-10, 08:15 PM
I'd say bonus damage on the first hit out of the full attack.

Morph Bark
2010-09-10, 08:15 PM
So I guess this is another way of aiding one in statting up DBZ characters in 3.5.

CyMage
2010-09-10, 11:40 PM
This also works with the White Raven charge maneuvers.

Xefas
2010-09-11, 12:03 AM
So I guess this is another way of aiding one in statting up DBZ characters in 3.5.

I always think of Fox's Fire Fox move from Super Smash Brothers (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081208032056/ssb/images/a/a5/Fire_Fox_Move.jpg) when I see Searing Charge.

comicshorse
2010-09-11, 07:05 AM
What's Searing Charge from, please

Snake-Aes
2010-09-11, 07:17 AM
What's Searing Charge from, please

Tome of battle.

And on searing charge + pounce: You move a double move as normal for charge. Whether or not the extra damage applies to all attacks in the pounce is up to the dm, as it can go either way.

Lucid
2010-09-11, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the replies

I'd say bonus damage on the first hit out of the full attack.
Whether or not the extra damage applies to all attacks in the pounce is up to the dm, as it can go either way.That's what I was thinking, I'll ask my dm, though I'm betting he'll also say first hit only.:smallsigh:

So I guess this is another way of aiding one in statting up DBZ characters in 3.5. Lol, not quite what I was thinking.:smalltongue: Actually the character is a hunter, emulating various creatures through strikes, in this case a phoenix. And I was looking for something to deal with flying opponents other than using my bow.

Prime32
2010-09-11, 09:26 AM
So I guess this is another way of aiding one in statting up DBZ characters in 3.5.I don't think there's anything in DBZ like that.

It's more like Jinrai (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSld0Ie6PVo).