PDA

View Full Version : crossbow feats.

Dracons
2010-09-11, 01:43 AM
Are there any crossbow feats that allow faster loading? I'd like to have my heavy crossbow to be able to shoot as fast as my base attack allows, but so far only rapid reload only makes it a move action. Any tips?

Gavinfoxx
2010-09-11, 01:48 AM
Get an Unseen Servant to help you reload it?

In general, here is the archery handbook:

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=642.0

Fingerlessfist
2010-09-11, 02:12 AM
I'm not sure about 3.0/3.5, but in pathfinder there is Rapid Reload:

DISREGARD THAT CITIZEN.

YES I READ THE QUESTION PROPERLY. WHY WOULDN'T I. THAT WOULD BE ABUSRD.

rolled a one on my "cover my fat arse" check.

Thurbane
2010-09-11, 02:55 AM
If you're using Pathfinder, there's a feat in another Paizo source that's great for a crossbow build (from the Curse of the Crimson Throne player's guide):

CROSSBOW MASTERY
You can load crossbows with blinding speed and even fire them in melee with little fear of reprisal.
Prerequisites: Dex 15, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Reload, Rapid Shot
Benefit: The time required for you to reload any type of crossbow is reduced to a free action, regardless of the type of crossbow used. You can fire a crossbow as many times in a full attack action as you could attack if you were using a bow. Reloading a crossbow for the type of crossbow you chose when you took Rapid Reload no longer provokes attacks of opportunity.
Special: A fighter may select Crossbow Mastery as one of his fighter bonus feats. A ranger may select Crossbow Mastery in place of Manyshot for his improved combat style at 6th level.

Greenish
2010-09-11, 08:10 AM
Use light (or hand) crossbow with Rapid Reload. Heavy crossbow only offers an average of one more damage than a light one, which isn't really worth jumping through hoops for. The longer range is nice, but how often does one engage enemies from such distances?