PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Feats - Need suggestions

Leon
2010-09-11, 09:05 AM
I am in the process of converting my Archivist into a Cloistered Cleric (for a couple of reasons - main one being in 8 lvls I've gotten one non cleric spell for my prayer book) and in that process a couple of feats have become defunct (Research & Spontaneous Healing).
I figure that the Cloistered Cleric is Archivist Lite with a non static spell selection

Divine Metamagic is not a option as I'll be using a variant of some type to replace Turn undead

Current remaining Feats are Knowledge Devotion and Practiced Spell Caster and we are apparently quite close to being lvl nine for another one.

My Domain Choices are going to be Rune (for Scribe Scroll and kinda thematic) and Spell (slightly meta reasons and some otherwise cool spells - Anyspell...) in addition to Knowledge

Most books are available - just say what book it's in or such so i can find it and provide it to the DM if need be

kestrel404
2010-09-11, 10:17 AM
Why do you have practiced spellcaster? What do you have besides cleric? And where do you want to go with this character? If he's going for Melee or Blaster (Knowledge devotion points this way) then you're going to want significantly different feats than if you want to be a buff/heal/batman cleric.

Leon
2010-09-12, 02:39 AM
2 Levels of barbarian.
Im aiming for a Combat Support type of role - Buff the group up and then wade in if need be, thus far the "buff part is rather limited since ive not been allowed to get extra spells over the basic 2 per level with a side of order of Healer.

As to where im going with the PC - onwards and upwards in level and finding interesting things along the way (im not really looking at any PCs thus far)

kestrel404
2010-09-12, 09:18 AM
Well, some generally good feats for spellcasters:

Spellcasting prodigy (PGF 44) is 1st level only, but lets you treat your casting stat as 2 higher for bonus spells - which basically means one or more extra spell slots, depending on your wis.

Most metamagics, but Invisible spell is a personal favorite. For a +0 metamagic, it lets you pull off insanely cool stunts.

If you pick up both Still and Silent spell, you can get the Innate Spell feat (PGF 39), which lets you choose a single spell which you can cast as a spell-like ability 3/day. Great for those signature buff spells that you want to be able to use all the time.

Since you already gave up turn undead, you can't use most of the good cleric-specific feats.

On the barbarian side, you can take Extra Rage (+2 rages/day) or one of my favorites, Reckless Rage (races of stone 143) which is -2 AC (extra) and +2 str and con (extra).

For general use, I strongly recommend Power attack and Leap Attack (CAdv 110).

Choose a direction, go with it.