PDA

View Full Version : [KH] Radiant Garden

Terry576
2010-09-11, 01:22 PM
Once, long ago, the gods needed a place to live. They deemed "Radiant Garden" acceptable. They created a man to run it for them, and then...

They vanished.

Now, this man reigns supreme, as a tyrannical king of Radiant Garden. Slaves wander the town, going from place to place for their masters, wanting to make a living.

The current ruler is called Lord Tevuli. Tevuli is a careful man, and wants the town to run smoothly. But, his plans are about to have a major fault put in them.

The Resistance in Radiant Garden, run by a man known to all as Angeal, is currently putting a massive amount of pressure on Tevuli, along with the other top leaders, Genesis and Sephiroth. The two seconds of these, Cloud and Zack, are running massive strike raids on important parts of the Garden.

This cannot be tolerated. This must be put to an end.

As the two groups near a fatal clash, a ship is falling down, streaking through the atmosphere...

[hr]

Nukari panics as the ship begins its descent, losing control.

"Computer, status report!"

STARHAWK is in fatal need of repair. STARHAWK's shields are down. STARHAWK's navigation is broken. STARHAWK requests all passengers brace for impact...

"Computer, Manual Control, now!"

Control turned over to owner of STARHAWK, Evangelion.

Nukari grits his teeth as he attempts to steer the ship.

"Everyone, brace for impact!"

Beans
2010-09-11, 01:24 PM
Khy looks mildly upset, bracing herself.

Creed
2010-09-11, 01:26 PM
Hunter seems resigned to his fate to become a pile of pizza sauce on the surface of Radiant Garden.
He sighs and closes his eyes.

Maxios
2010-09-11, 04:10 PM
Maxios gritted his teeth. He's been in far worse situations before, but this was still deadly none the less.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-09-11, 08:19 PM
Alysha's eyes are wide with panic. Unlike the others, she was definitely not content with crashing. Just didn't agree with her.

Her body tenses up in her seat and her eyes start darting around. She wonders how the others can be so calm.

Maxios
2010-09-11, 09:49 PM
Maxios wasn't a fan of falling, he once fell of a 100 foot cliff. And as far as he was concerned, this shpi, with him in it, was falling.

Beans
2010-09-11, 11:05 PM
This sucks.

Maxios
2010-09-11, 11:14 PM
"I would much rather be off fighting Vax then this." Maxios said. He shivered. He gripped his seat really hard, and his knuckes turned red.

Terry576
2010-09-12, 12:19 AM
The ship went down, down, down and...

BOOM!

A massive explosion emerged from the ship, and Nukari peeled his head off of the steering wheel.

"Damn. I was hoping to remain unnoticed for a while. We have to move, fast."

He jumps out of the ship, and darts into an alleyway.

Maxios
2010-09-12, 12:43 AM
A piece of sharpnel cut Maxios' arm. He grabbed it, and rubbed it for a second, and jumped out of the wreckage.
"Well that wasn't to good, huh guys?" Maxios said with a small, almost unnotiacble, hint of sarcasm.

Creed
2010-09-12, 12:43 AM
Hunter whacks his way out from under a dome of rubble of debris, and limps weakly after Nukari.
Damn... he mutters

Beans
2010-09-12, 08:17 AM
I've had better.
Singing in her head, she skitters out from the rubble into the alley.

Maxios
2010-09-12, 01:53 PM
"At least this time I didn't freefall off a 150 foot cliff. More thrown off then freefall but still." Maxios said wiping dust and debris off his armor.

riccaru
2010-09-12, 02:06 PM
A scream sounds from an alleyway, followed by a man flying through the air. After him momentarily comes a gargoyle, pure white and carrying weapons. The heartless has noticed the hunters, though ignores them until he is done devouring the man's heart.
"Ahh, more food. Excellent. Feed, my minions!" Comes from the maw of this creature, as a dozen shadows come from the woodwork to attack the group.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-09-12, 09:20 PM
Alysha crawled out from the wreckage, Keyblade in hand. Aside from some bruising, she seems fine. She follows the others away from the crash site. She considers healing them all up once they stop.

Of course, the arrival of the Heartless put a wrench in her plans, so to speak.

She lets out a squeak of surprise. This is followed by her pointing her Keyblade at the incoming Shadows at yelling.

Reflect!

A transparent barrier pops up in front of her and the group. Should last through at least a couple of attacks.

Beans
2010-09-13, 07:36 PM
Khy crouches in le shield, holding her Keyblade.

Creed
2010-09-13, 07:38 PM
Hunter nearly collapses behind the shield, but he utters no complaint as he makes his keyblade appear and growls feraly, examining the heartless.

Maxios
2010-09-13, 09:30 PM
Maxios sat down behind the shield, rubbing all his wounds from the crash. He got back up.
"Guys, let's go destroy some heartless." He said drawing his sword.

Beans
2010-09-14, 07:24 PM
Khy gripped her keyblade hard.

Terry576
2010-09-14, 09:18 PM
Nukari grins, and summons his Keyblade.

He strides forward, towards the Winged Horror, and says one word, one forgotten word, so quietly, that it's barely heard.

"Firaja."

A massive blast of flame shoots from his hand, straight at the Horror.

riccaru
2010-09-15, 03:16 PM
As the fire surges toward Winged Horror a lowly shadow jumps into the blast, destroying itself in the process but keeping the leader out of harm.
"Nice try, child. I shall not die easily." The monster spews before attacking Nukari with the pole-arm, a broad downward stroke aimed at the kid's head.

Maxios
2010-09-15, 03:53 PM
Maxios yelled a ferocious battle cry, and charged the Wing Horror. He jumped near-over the beast, and did a flip in the air. When he was upside down, hes truck his sword down at the beast. He landed behind the beast standing.
"I did even't know I could still do that." he said loudly.

Beans
2010-09-15, 04:17 PM
Nukari was being attacked again.
Khy did not approve.
Blizzara.
A keening swarm of ice crystals spewed at the monster.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-09-17, 08:23 PM
Initial surprise over, Alysha gets into fighting mode. Which, compared to the others here, isn't much.

She points her Keyblade straight up and gives another shout.

Thunder!

A lightning bolt shoots down at the Heartless from the sky.

Maxios
2010-09-21, 11:28 PM
Maxios yelled a ferocious war cry, and tried to attack the Winged Horror.

Terry576
2010-10-09, 11:32 PM
Nukari takes the hit, not even trying to dodge.

"Well Heartless, you think you can beat me, the first Chaser in centuries?

I do not fall easily."

A flash, and another keyblade appears in his left hand. Fading Darkness, and... Something different. It filled him with a sense. A sense of hope, a sense of light.
A sense of redemption.

He grins wickedly.

"Well, can you face a Chaser who can use Sync Blade? Can you defeat me?"

He twirls Fading Darkness, smirking.

"Or is it too much?"

(I take it BBS distracted everyone? :smalltongue: Nukari's Two Keyblades are on his page.)

Beans
2010-10-10, 03:33 PM
Khy is all gaspypants because whoa.

Terry576
2010-10-10, 03:37 PM
Nukari denies the foolish fool known as the Winged Horror a chance to respond, and strikes, darting forward with both weapons, striking upwards.

Creed
2010-10-10, 05:33 PM
Hunter, his strength gathered, jumps over the shield and comes down through the air towards Winged Horror, his keyblade firmly grasped between both hands.
Effectively, he's attacking from the opposite direction of Nu.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-15, 11:37 PM
The Winged Horror let out a roar at its attackers. It brought up its arms to block most of the Blizzara as another Shadow took the thunder. Maxios' yell grabbed its attention, and it turned to block his attack with its sword. He attempts to catch Maxios with his polearm, in a sweeping strike.

This delays his reaction to Nukari's attack a little. He turns to deflect it, but isn't quite fast enough. The Keyblades strike him, and he roars in pain. Then Hunter's attack hits, further damaging the creature.

The Winged Horror lets out another roar, and many more Shadows suddenly appear and swarm the group. As this happens, Winged Horror raises his hand with the sword and charges a ball of green fire, which he launches at Nukari.

--------------------------------------------------------

Alysha yelps a little when the Shadows appear. She grips her Keyblade and takes a deep breath.

Okay, Alysha. You can do this.

She lets out a yell and attacks the first Shadow she sees.

Creed
2010-10-16, 08:22 AM
Hunter charges into the Shadows, hacking his way through the crowd towards the Winged Horror.

Beans
2010-10-16, 08:26 AM
Khy leaps in front of Nu; she swings her weapon and a swath of shimmering energy trails in its wake to deflect the attack.

Terry576
2010-10-16, 04:10 PM
A flash in Nukari's eye before he falls to the ground, holding his head.

Flaaaashbaaack...

A man in a black coat stands over three people in armor. The shortest one is female, the other two are male. The girl has her keyblade out, pointed at the man, protecting the one of medium height, who is on the ground. The tallest one is standing nearby, struggling against a storm of keyblades attacking him.

"Feh. The only one of you worth taking is the older one. The other two are...

Worthless. Absolutely worthless."

The man holds out a hand, and there's a flash of white. When it fades, the older one screams.

"No! You froze them! You froze the-"

The man in the coat waved a hand at the trapped man, and he suddenly ceases to talk. He walks by the frozen boy, whispering.

"Can you feel I-"

End Flashback

Nukari's eyes open, and his hair style has changed. Before his hair was black, and now?

It was a dark blonde (http://teresapage.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/kh2___roxas_last_stand_by_mizu_luci1.jpg), and completely different.

His eyes slowly opened, and he stood up again.

He glanced towards his hand, which was now tightly closed around something.

A shining blue star fragment.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-23, 10:49 PM
Alysha and Hunter cut a fair number of the Shadows down. Hunter more than Alysha, since he's better at this kind of stuff.

The ball of fire gets knocked off course and leaves a burnt spot where it hits the ground.

The Winged Horror swings both of its weapons at Khy, hoping to overwhelm her with sheer force.

Shadows continue attacking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Alysha does her best to take out the Shadows. She doesn't like it. Not at all. But, if this is what it takes to help protect people, then she's gonna do it.

Beans
2010-10-23, 10:51 PM
Khy screams in exertion as the shimmering barrier holds... trembles...

And shatters. Shards will hit her and probably hit the Horror; they are both likely pushed back.
She tumbles to the ground.

Creed
2010-10-23, 11:04 PM
Enough of this nonsense!
Hunter tosses his Keyblade through the air, it's blade shining as it flips toward Horror.

Maxios
2010-10-24, 05:42 PM
Maxios slices at the beast's back with his sword.
"Time to finish the fight" he mutters...

Terry576
2010-12-08, 07:20 PM
Nukari jumped in the air, both his keyblades slicing downward at the Winged Horror. In his mind, memories flash by.

A girl runs up to him, grinning. "How's it going I-"

He's clashing with a taller boy, and glares at him as he jumps back. The older boy smirks.

"You may be fast and determined, but you're not as strong as me I-"

And then that man, walking by a frozen body.

"-is? Can you feel the sheer power that it took to freeze you? That raw power will soon belong to your friend. And he will belong to me, forever."

The man looked into his frozen eyes, grinning maniacally.

"Pity isn't it? That you won't ever speak to him again. That you and your despicable friend over there even dared to try and stop me." He glared at the girl, gasping weakly, trying to survive.

Beans
2010-12-08, 07:26 PM
Khyrix struggles to get up, bleeding on the ground.
N-Nu...

Creed
2010-12-08, 07:54 PM
As Hunter's Keyblade slams into The Horror's side, it dissapates and reappears in his hand.
Then he hears Khyrix call for Nukari.
He sees the "Chaser" is too busy to help his allies, and the Horror is one foot into the grave anyway.
Great.
He falls back from the combat, gingerly picking Khyrix up and carrying her into a close-at-hand alley.
I would do some magic, but it would probably make it worse. The Keyblade-wielder starts trying to patch up his comrade in arms to the best of his ability.

Bothi
2010-12-08, 08:02 PM
"Perhaps I could help" Says a strange fuigure, emerging from the shadows, pressing a strange leaf into Hunter's hand.

Creed
2010-12-08, 08:09 PM
Hunter jumps up, examining the leaf while pointing his Keyblade at the individual.
Who are you.
It's not a question.
It's a command with the promise of punishment attached for an unsatisfactory answer.
Hunter does not trust people who randomly emerge from shadows.

Beans
2010-12-08, 08:13 PM
Khy groans, clinging weakly to Hunter.
Her mind flits back and forth from now to... then...
Beatings.

Why so many?

Why so often?

She bleeds moar.

Bothi
2010-12-08, 08:15 PM
"I am help, and her last chance... Have her eat the herb, but do NOT chew it, It will stop all bleeding and pain. My name?..... My name is Bothi..." Bothi takes one step back, and is gone, vanished into the darkness.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-08, 08:31 PM
The Horror lets out a terrible sound as it gets hit by Maxios', Hunters, and Nukaris Keyblades. It stumbles backwards a ways, hitting the wall of a building behind it. Severely injured, the Horror tries desperately to make a stand. It sends another fireball at Nukari, who it sees as the more dangerous one right now.

---------------------------------------

Alysha comes to where Khy and Hunter are. Is she okay? She still awake?

Alysha has a few cuts herself, but she looks mostly fine.

Beans
2010-12-08, 08:36 PM
Blood is already drying and sticking one of Khy's eyes shut.
She blinks her other eye.
Mmhh... not... no... not again...

Bothi
2010-12-08, 08:43 PM
"For god's sake..."
Bothi jumps off a building, landing next to Khy. He takes the herb and puts it into her mouth.
"Swallow"

Beans
2010-12-08, 08:46 PM
"For god's sake..."
Bothi jumps of a building, landing next to Khy. He takes the herb and tries to put it into her mouth.
"Swallow"
Fixed. Wouldn't want to godmod, would you? Nope.

She turns her head away.
Go 'way...
She's not dying, she's just tired and in pain.

Creed
2010-12-08, 08:48 PM
"I am help, and her last chance... Have her eat the herb, but do NOT chew it, It will stop all bleeding and pain. My name?..... My name is Bothi..." Bothi takes one step back, and is gone, vanished into the darkness.

Hunter, suprised and reacting on instinct, attempts to backhand Bothi as he lands.
Aw sh*t.
How can we trust you? How do we know this isn't poison?
He keeps bandaging.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-08, 08:48 PM
Alysha decides to act now. She points her Keyblade up. Cure!

And she hopes that works.

Bothi
2010-12-08, 08:51 PM
Bothi sits down crosslegged watching the group.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-08, 08:53 PM
A youn man dressed all in red approaches the gathered warriors, dropping his possesions he stares,
What in the world is going on??

Beans
2010-12-08, 08:54 PM
The long-haired girl in the odd jacket is healed.
She staggers to her feet.
Th-thanks...
And sees A Dude.
Oh, helloooooooo...

Bothi
2010-12-08, 08:56 PM
"As you dont know me, you shouldnt trust me, as I shouldnt you, but I offer help, whether you accept this help is left to you"

IcemanJRC
2010-12-08, 08:58 PM
Are you guys okay? That winged thing seems pretty intense, any way I can help?
He holds up a hand which glows black with magic.

Creed
2010-12-08, 08:59 PM
"As you dont know me, you shouldnt trust me, as I shouldnt you, but I offer help, whether you accept this help is left to you"

Not from folks popping out of shadows.

A youn man dressed all in red approaches the gathered warriors, dropping his possesions he stares,
What in the world is going on??

Hunter stands and points his Keyblade at the new newcomer.
If you didn't notice, we're sort of busy right now.
Alysha, Khyrix, talk to these two. I think Maxios and Nukari might need a hand.
He runs out of the alley and back to the fight, charging Winged Horror while brandishing his keyblade with precise... precision.:smallcool::smalltongue:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-08, 09:04 PM
Well, Alysha is probably one of the better choices to talk to. She's really nice!

Oh, hi. Um, well, that big thing started attacking, so we started fighting it. Um, that's about it, really.

Oh, and she got hurt, so I'm making sure she's okay.

Bothi
2010-12-08, 09:05 PM
"WAIT newcomer, take this leaf, stab me wherever you please, then put the herb in my mouth."

Beans
2010-12-08, 09:06 PM
Khyrix decides not to pay attention because Nukari is moar important to her. They're buddies!

Also, I edited her clothes a bit. She's less oddly-dressed.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-08, 09:09 PM
The red Mage blinks, his hand changing from a black glow to a soft gray,
Oh, well I'm a talented Mage. Maybe I could help, black or white magic.
He then whispers to Alysha,
What's up with the other guy though??

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-08, 09:11 PM
Alysha stares at Bothi for a moment. Um...why would anybody do that? That's kinda dumb.

She turns to the Red Mage. Who, Hunter? I don't know. I think he wanted to get back to fighting.

Bothi
2010-12-08, 09:13 PM
"I simply wish to prove a point"

IcemanJRC
2010-12-08, 09:14 PM
He seems kinda testy... But, my offer for help still stands. Anything you need I could probably do.
He smiles and extneds his nonglowing hand to shake.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-08, 09:16 PM
Alysha shakes her head at Bothi. That's still a bad way to do it. Especially because I'm not gonna hurt you. At all.

She shakes the mages hand. Okay! I'm Alysha, and that's Khy, Nukari, Hunter, and Maxios. She points to each person in turn.

Terry576
2010-12-08, 09:17 PM
Nukari takes a fireball to the face.

What, did you expect anything else? He has to get hurt eventually.

Nukari flinches at the fireball, and yet another flash goes through his mind.

"Man, you just keep getting pummeled, don'tcha Nis?"

A tall, muscular teen grins down at the shorter boy. The shorter boy glares back at him, his blue eyes flashing.

"Well that's hardly my fault, you're too good with that sword!"

The teen twirls the sword, grinning.

"Maybe you should take some lessons from her Nis. I mean, she knows some magic. And you clearly need the help."

The boy glares at the teen, but seems slightly unsure of himself at the same time.

The fireball burns, and Nukari winces in pain. With a whisper, he dispels the burns with magic, and forms a curious shape with his two Keyblades. It looks like a cross.

"Firaja!"

Two fireballs emit from each of the keys, hovering at the end of the keys. He takes a new stance, his arms crossing, each of his Keyblades pointed in the opposite direction.

"Thundaja!"

Lightning begins to circle the fireballs, and Nukari lets out a warcry as he throws the two fireballs at the Winged Horror.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-08, 09:21 PM
Alysha shakes her head at Bothi. That's still a bad way to do it. Especially because I'm not gonna hurt you. At all.

She shakes the mages hand. Okay! I'm Alysha, and that's Khy, Nukari, Hunter, and Maxios. She points to each person in turn.

Nukari seems quite talented. I am Art.
He flexes and stretches, staring at the Winged Horror.

Bothi
2010-12-08, 09:24 PM
"Art, my name is Bothi"
Bothi stands and pockets his small knife and herb

entering deadtime

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-08, 09:42 PM
Hunters strike lands, causing even more pain to the Horror. It tries to get itself into position to fire more fireballs, but the it sees Nukaris attack. And it knows what's coming.

The fire/thunderballs collide with the Horror, destroying most of it on contact. The rest of it dissipates, until nothing is left.

--------------------------------------------------

Alysha lets out a sigh of relief. Glad that's over. I hate fighting.

Terry576
2010-12-08, 09:46 PM
Nukari sighs with relief, glad that the fight's over. But strangely, his thoughts redirect to the images that flashed through his mind during the fight. He has a profound look on his face as his Keyblades vanish.

"I know what I'm going to do.

I'm going to find out what those images were."

Beans
2010-12-08, 09:51 PM
Khy runs to embrace Nukari.

... Running.
Hugging.
She's never done something so... emotional before...

IcemanJRC
2010-12-08, 09:53 PM
It can be an ordeal...
He shakes his head and walks out from the alley to look at the fighters. He waves and smiles warmly to the warriors.

Terry576
2010-12-08, 09:57 PM
Nukari glances, surprised as Khyrix runs into him. He gently puts his arms around her, just holding her.

Not wanting her, there was no ulterior motive.

Just for the warmth, for the feeling of being loved.

Beans
2010-12-08, 10:01 PM
She clings tightly to him, as if afraid he might slip away.
Are you remembering things too?

Terry576
2010-12-08, 10:10 PM
He glances into the air, staring into space. A faraway look is in his eyes, and flashes are in them. Friends, laughing. People, smiling.

"...Yeah."

Beans
2010-12-08, 10:14 PM
She blinks, her own memories not so pleasant.
Is it... nice?
She sounds almost wistful.

hurts

Sit down, missy

OBSERVING YOU
then again

aren't we all?

Terry576
2010-12-08, 10:17 PM
He sighs.
"It's like I'm there... But not."

Fallen

Why do

Finally we've

How does it

Annihilated.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-08, 10:20 PM
Art sighs and returns to his things,
When they're like that they seem so vulnerable...
His voice is soft and caring.

Beans
2010-12-08, 10:20 PM
She sits down against the building.
I... don't like what I remember.
Nothing was pleasant.

but I'm such a nice fit here

Terry576
2010-12-08, 10:25 PM
Nukari nods, but doesn't move. Just stares into space, wondering how to fix his own memories.

You're worthless.

Failure.

The Darkness

Stop it

Commit it to memory.

Beans
2010-12-08, 10:34 PM
I bet Khy's memories are like (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7QXQZjp5XM&feature=related)this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arOgzzWacbM).
hello Inundator

t h i sis

Inundat0rspeaki n g

m ayI speak toyo ur King

mINE is here
She stares at the ground between her gym shoes.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-08, 10:37 PM
Alright! We beat it! Alysha throws a fist into the air as she walks over. So, uh...what're we gonna do now?

Terry576
2010-12-08, 10:38 PM
Nukari stares at her, and suddenly sees a flash. In her place is a different girl, from the past.

A girl from a half-remembered dream.

Hey

Come on I

Stop teasing

I think I lo-

Arrivederci.

Beans
2010-12-08, 10:39 PM
Khy rubs her left eye.
... Where are we gonna stay until tomorrow or something?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-08, 11:03 PM
Um...let's see here... Alysha thinks for a moment. Is Merlin's house still here? He'd probably be okay with us staying there.

Beans
2010-12-08, 11:04 PM
That sounds nice. I'm tired.
She shifts to stand, but stops.
... How does standing work again?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-08, 11:08 PM
Alysha giggles. Khy, you silly. She holds out a hand to help her up.

Beans
2010-12-08, 11:10 PM
She is helped up.
... Oh, okay.

Terry576
2010-12-08, 11:16 PM
"...Merlin?"

Hello there young one!

No, no, no! Don't make the flame explode!

Congratulations, I believe

Rumored to have

I'm sorry Ignis.

She's

Teilherzen.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-08, 11:21 PM
Alysha nods. Yeah. Awesome wizard guy. Kinda funny, too. I know he used to live around here, but I'm not sure if he still does.

Terry576
2010-12-08, 11:24 PM
Nukari nods.

"Let's go see him."

Merlin, I want answers.

Prepare yourself

The naivety of you

Good day Ignis.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-08, 11:25 PM
Okay!

Do you know where his house is?

Good job, Alysha.

Beans
2010-12-08, 11:26 PM
we will wait for you no more
Khy yawwwwwwwwwwns adorably.
and we'll paint over the evidence
Deadtime.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-09, 07:31 AM
Try that way.
Art points in the appropriate direction as he shoulders his bag and adjusts his hat.

Creed
2010-12-09, 07:34 AM
Hunter stands at the side, perfectly fine with recieving no hugs, or thanks.
But at the mention of Merlin...
I know where he is, follow me. he walks towards Merlin's house, padding silently over the place Winger Horror fell.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-09, 08:14 AM
Yay! We're off to see the wizard!

Good grief.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-09, 04:38 PM
Art follows the group,
May I accompany you? I don't have a place to stay...
He grins sheepishly and rubs the back o his head.

Beans
2010-12-09, 05:18 PM
Khy stumbles after Alysha.

Maxios
2010-12-09, 05:18 PM
Maxios follows the others

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-09, 05:24 PM
Alysha will help Khy as needed.

She smiles and nods to Art. Sure, if you want. I'm fine with that.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-09, 05:27 PM
Art smiles,
Thanks Alysha.
He then falls into step next to Maxios and grins at him.

Beans
2010-12-09, 08:56 PM
Khy keeps following, tired.

Creed
2010-12-09, 09:09 PM
Aaaaaaand Merlin's house! YAY!

Maxios
2010-12-09, 09:37 PM
"Finally!" Maxios says when they reach Merlin's house.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-09, 09:44 PM
Art tilts his head to the side and looks at the house,
So who's this Melin fellow? A friend, ally, relative?

Creed
2010-12-09, 09:57 PM
Art tilts his head to the side and looks at the house,
So who's this Melin fellow? A friend, ally, relative?

A magi. A friend of a relative is his direct correlation to me.

Terry576
2010-12-09, 09:57 PM
Nukari glances at the door.

"He's... A magician. He doesn't really have a side, he's just too powerful. But he's strong enough to keep in the middle."

We have been betrayed

Decrepit old man

are you sure?
Don't trust

Merlin, do you

Beans
2010-12-09, 10:01 PM
Khy looks down to make sure her feet exist.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-09, 10:08 PM
Seems like a pretty good person to
know...
He blinks and looks at each of the members of the group, gauging them.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-09, 10:10 PM
He does too have a side. He's a good guy!

So...somebody gonna knock?

Maxios
2010-12-09, 10:11 PM
Maxios shrugs, then knocks.

Beans
2010-12-09, 10:23 PM
Khyrix looks at her hand as if wondering how she would, if asked, knock.

What's a haaaaaand?

Terry576
2010-12-09, 10:34 PM
[Door]

the door creaks open, and an old man appears.

"Why, hello there! Are you my new visitors? I've been meaning to ask why you people keep leaving your pets everywhere!"

One of the new beings appears, cuts up a Shadow, and vanishes.

"See!?!?! There they go again! But never mind that. Come in, come in!"

He ushers them in.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-09, 10:37 PM
Alysha helps Khy in and looks around.

Maxios
2010-12-09, 10:39 PM
Maxios enters Merlin's house.

Beans
2010-12-09, 10:42 PM
Khy very nearly falls asleep on her feet, brushing her hair from her eyes.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-09, 10:42 PM
Art removes his hat and nods to Merlin politely,
An honor to meet you.

Maxios
2010-12-09, 10:57 PM
"Pleased to meet you, Merlin." Maxios says bowing.

Terry576
2010-12-09, 11:13 PM
Merlin nods absentmindedly.

"Yes, yes, very good! This is excellent, excellent! Now if you wouldn't mind-"

He notices Nukari standing in the background, and falters for a second.

"-I need your group to defeat some of those pesky pets! They are quite aggravating!"

He walks over, and taps a book. It grows to a massive size, and he opens it.

He taps it again, and a hologram of two things appears: One of the enemies our heroes fought in Traverse Town, the other of the remains.

"I named these pets you know. I call them Remnants, of Memories, of lives long gone. They appear to be controlled by a group of six, who each have a specific set of abilities."

He slams the book shut.

"But enough of that now, I want your group to go and eliminate a few of these Remnants!"

Beans
2010-12-09, 11:16 PM
Khy falls asleep on her feet, teetering back and forth.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-10, 08:57 PM
Uh, mister Merlin, I think we should rest first. We got attacked by some big thing when we got here.

Beans
2010-12-10, 09:44 PM
Khy slides slowly down a wall, conked out.

Terry576
2010-12-10, 11:36 PM
Nukari grabs Khy, sitting down with her.

Merlin smiles.

"Very well, very well! You all may rest here for the night!

Tomorrow we shall embark on an epic defense against the Remnants!"

Beans
2010-12-10, 11:40 PM
Zzzzzzzz...
Khy snores gently, nestling unconsciously against her friend's familiar presence; her head finds its way to his shoulder.

Creed
2010-12-10, 11:44 PM
You all rest, Hunter says I'll watch to make sure we don't get a shot in the ass in the night.
The mysterious Keyblader pulls a chair near a window and watches out.

Beans
2010-12-11, 09:40 PM
Khy sleeps peacefully, curled up and by Nukari.
Nm...
Got half...

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-11, 09:42 PM
After a while, Alysha looks to Hunter.

Here, let me take watch. We'll probably need your skills more than mine, so you get some rest.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-11, 10:17 PM
Art blinks,
Is a watch neccasary? We're in the house of one of the most powerful wizards ever...

Beans
2010-12-11, 11:08 PM
..___.... .- - .

..___.- ..

..___.-.- .- -. --- -___... - .- -. -..

.-- .... .- -___-.-- --- ..-___.- .-. .

foundyou

f
o
oorev
ooree
oorer

Khy makes little sleepy noises. Her dreams are strange.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-11, 11:10 PM
Art blinks,
Is a watch neccasary? We're in the house of one of the most powerful wizards ever...

It can't hurt, can it? Alysha smiles a little.

Creed
2010-12-11, 11:14 PM
After a while, Alysha looks to Hunter.

Here, let me take watch. We'll probably need your skills more than mine, so you get some rest.

I don't need sleep, only rest. I have trained many years in my profession, and endurance is a necessary skill. he continues staring out the window, unblinking.

Art blinks,

As is the knowledge of when to set a watch. We are in an active warzone, in my opinion. If you were in an active warzone, would you lay down and sleep?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-11, 11:20 PM
Alysha nods at Hunter. Okay. If you're sure, then.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-11, 11:24 PM
Just a question, technically yes it's always safer, but think of it this way, we are so far behind our own lines we have little fear of attack. Of course t's possible, but it's unlikely. If you want I'll stay up with you for a bit, I didn't waste any energy today.
He shrugs his pack off and sets it against a wall.

Creed
2010-12-11, 11:29 PM
Alysha nods at Hunter. Okay. If you're sure, then.

Your concern is touching, Alysha, but my endurance is of no matter to question. You may want to start training yourself in the same manner.

Just a question, technically yes it's always safer, but think of it this way, we are so far behind our own lines we have little fear of attack. Of course t's possible, but it's unlikely. If you want I'll stay up with you for a bit, I didn't waste any energy today.
He shrugs his pack off and sets it against a wall.

If you think such things as "lines of batte" define resting places, you are a fool. In the day of honorable combat, maybe. Heartless travel through our darkness. Merlin's home is surely warded, but if they come through the door by mortal means they could kill us all while we slept.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-11, 11:31 PM
Alysha nods again.

Hunter is way too serious with this stuff. But, he is right.

Beans
2010-12-11, 11:34 PM
Khy wakes with a start.
W-what's going on?

Creed
2010-12-11, 11:36 PM
Khy wakes with a start.
W-what's going on?

Return to sleep. We are safe for now.
Hunter lets go of his key and rummages in his pack, searching for something.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-11, 11:47 PM
Art shakes his head,
Lighten up, your point's been made man.

Beans
2010-12-11, 11:49 PM
Khy is suuuuuuuuch a rebel 'cause she doesn't go back to sleep, looking around in consternation and confusion. Her expression is not a very... expressive one, but for a Nobody it's quite a countenance.

Creed
2010-12-12, 12:01 AM
Art shakes his head,
Lighten up, your point's been made man.

Hunter sighs and shakes his head, removed a can of tomato soup from his pack, and drinks it while looking out the window.
Too many have died from negligence.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-12, 12:07 AM
And people will continue to die no matter what you do, it's the circle of life, animals realized it long ago, most of us haven't seemed to wise up yet. And besides, why fear death?
He situated himself on the ground, a chocobo plushie in his arms, as he attempts to sleep.

Creed
2010-12-12, 12:09 AM
And people will continue to die no matter what you do, it's the circle of life, animals realized it long ago, most of us haven't seemed to wise up yet. And besides, why fear death?
He situated himself on the ground, a chocobo plushie in his arms, as he attempts to sleep.

But as long as this team is under my care, your circle of life will have to take backseat. If you want to die so much be my guest, but it's no treat.

Beans
2010-12-12, 12:11 AM
Khy nestles against Nukari again, staring up at the ceiling.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-12, 12:14 AM
Art turns away,
It's rest time Hunter, rest not arguement.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-12, 12:33 AM
Khy nestles against Nukari again, staring up at the ceiling.

Alysha leaves the boys to their silly argument.

Hey, Khy. You feeling okay?

Beans
2010-12-12, 12:35 AM
Alysha leaves the boys to their silly argument.

Hey, Khy. You feeling okay?
She looks up at Alysha.
'M feeling better, thanks. Just tired...

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-12, 12:41 AM
Alysha smiles a little.

Well, that's good. You should get some sleep, then. 'Kay?

Beans
2010-12-12, 12:43 AM
She nods, relaxing against Nu's side.
Nu?
Khy looks up at Nukari.
What's it gonna be like when we have hearts?
She asks this basically every time she's with him and it's sleepytime.

Terry576
2010-12-12, 04:45 AM
He looks down at her, and grins.
"No more memories. Just us. The real us, with real emotions. It'll be great."

Creed
2010-12-12, 06:37 AM
Art turns away,
It's rest time Hunter, rest not arguement.

Hunter holds up his hands defensively, and then falls silent.

Beans
2010-12-12, 08:11 AM
He looks down at her, and grins.
"No more memories. Just us. The real us, with real emotions. It'll be great."
Khy smiles a little and snuggles closer, drifting off to sleep.

Bothi
2010-12-13, 07:34 PM
Bothi is sitting in a tree outside of Merlin's house, watching the group through a window.
"Too quiet, too peaceful."
Bothi's left hand glows with a purplish black light as he waves it over the ground below. From the ground melts 8 "solider" heartless. Bothi points at Merlin's house, and they charge the entry.
"Heh..."

Creed
2010-12-13, 07:38 PM
Bothi is sitting in a tree outside of Merlin's house, watching the group through a window.
"Too quiet, too peaceful."
Bothi's left hand glows with a purplish black light as he waves it over the ground below. From the ground melts 8 "solider" heartless. Bothi points at Merlin's house, and they charge the entry.
"Heh..."

Assuming the Soldiers enter, Hunter jumps to his feet, saying simply See. His Keyblade goes to work, moving to brutally execute the weak Heartless with practiced ease.

Beans
2010-12-13, 07:45 PM
((It's probably Terry's call as to whether or not they get in...))

Bothi
2010-12-13, 07:49 PM
So then, waitin for Terry? Or do we just assume?

Creed
2010-12-13, 07:51 PM
Due to the fact that my posting and Terry's coincide on a rare occasion, I posted that to illustrate my action when and if Terry decides they do.

Bothi
2010-12-13, 07:53 PM
Due to the fact that my posting and Terry's coincide on a rare occasion, I posted that to illustrate my action when and if Terry decides they do.

Awesome. And so we wait.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-13, 07:53 PM
I would like to assume they got in since you know, we're here, Terry's not though.

Beans
2010-12-13, 09:54 PM
If they do get in, Khy wakes with a start.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 09:58 PM
((I think it'd be safe for us to go ahead and do the fight.))

Alysha jumps up, her Keyblade appearing.

Ah! Heartless!

IcemanJRC
2010-12-13, 10:02 PM
Art gets up and rubs his eyes,
-Yawn- Weak.
He stares at the heartless, sittig because they aren't a threat that warrents the whole team jumping in.

Bothi
2010-12-13, 10:02 PM
"GOOD MORNING"
Bothi dissapears, merging with the shadows

Beans
2010-12-13, 10:07 PM
Khy stands, stretches, cracking her neck and calling Blank & White to her hand.
Oh. Dang.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-13, 10:08 PM
Art shakes his head,
Guess I gotta put my game face on any way.
He stands and stretches and then his hand lights with a smoky black aura.

Bothi
2010-12-13, 10:12 PM
deadtime for me.

Beans
2010-12-14, 09:17 PM
... Dangit.

Khy is totally around.
Let's interact while we wait.

Terry576
2010-12-14, 09:42 PM
Well. It looks like some seriously heavy crap is going down outside. Bodies flying everywhere and stuff.

If everyone looks to their left, they see a shadow of a man standing, grinning at a door that isn't there. He opens it, and vanishes.

The man is split in two, and both turn to stare at our travelers. They wear suits, and their faces are masked by the Drama faces of laughing and crying.

The first one says,

"Oh my, what to do? It appears these beings have made things asque!"

The second one giggles, and adds,

"Indeed my friend, but you must admit, they look the part, the little dimwits!"

The first grins and says;

"Now what to do, they've interfered..."

The second nods.

"Perhaps we should show them a little fear?"

A smash of glass, and Remnants pour into Merlin's house.

The first waves and shouts over the din of the Remnants,

"This will show you, you shan't be so dim! You shouldn't mess with the Brothers Grimm!"

Beans
2010-12-14, 09:56 PM
Khy, as a Nobody, should be all "How surprising and mildly bothersome."
So why is she screaming, scared out of her mind?

IcemanJRC
2010-12-14, 09:57 PM
OMGWTFBBQ

Art blinks,
Nobody likes a rhymer!
His hand glows a smoky black, and an energy of light purple glows in his hand,
Skys broken, shimmering lance! Thundara!
The small ball of energy shoots off towards one of the brothers, if it hits or if it gets about two yards away from him, it will flash and a large bolt will come down from the sky in a glittering flash to scorch the area below.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 10:08 PM
Alysha, who was near Khy, starts trying to calm her.

Khy! Please! We'll be fine! Just calm down, alright?

Beans
2010-12-14, 10:14 PM
She actually stops screaming, working down to just hyperventilation, frantic little breaths. Her knuckles are white on her Keyblade handle.

And dedtiem.

Creed
2010-12-15, 04:58 PM
Hunter explodes into motion, diving headlong into the Remnants, Keyblade furiously hacking away like a demented blender set on Carnage.

Beans
2010-12-16, 08:39 PM
All the while, Khy swiftly backs up.

Terry576
2010-12-19, 08:06 PM
The rhyming duo has vanished, and is no longer near the scene.

But the Remnants remain. One stands prominent, carrying a massive hammer and standing at ten feet high. The hammer is ridiculously large, and is carried by a wonderful tall bright red wolf.

He looks pretty mad as he glares down our heroes.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-19, 08:09 PM
Skys broken, shimmering lance! Thundara!
Art shouts, launching a small ball of light purple energy towards the large Remnant, if it hits or goes about four yards, it should crack. And then a violet lance of electrical energy will come down on the spot it burst at and scorch the ground everything in between it and the ground.

Terry576
2010-12-19, 08:18 PM
The Remnant kind of does an eyetwitch seizure thing. Then it hefts its hammer over its head, and brings it down, smashing it onto the roof.

Meanwhile, nearby, a man grins. He watches the havoc that is being wreaked, and...

He begins to sing. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g)

IcemanJRC
2010-12-19, 08:20 PM
RICHARD!

Gr...
Art grimaces and his hand glows brighter with a thick wispy black smoke.
Don't even start with the roaring you stupid demon!
He slings another, smaller ball of light violet. It should crackle into a small bolt.

Beans
2010-12-19, 08:23 PM
Khy is quivering...
And decides that it's time to scream again. At the wolf thing.
Not out of fear or anger, no, just because he's there, she's here.
Because she can.

Creed
2010-12-19, 10:39 PM
Hunter attacks the wolf-being with beastial strength, yet elegant skill.
I am Dante, the Inferno, the Hearthunter. I know not what manner of being you are, or were, but stand down or face my might!

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-20, 12:04 AM
Khy! Please calm down. We're gonna be okay. Alysha stays with the screaming woman, thinking she'll need somebody to protect her.

Beans
2010-12-20, 09:51 PM
Khy doesn't look scared. She looks ready to rip somebody's face off.

Terry576
2010-12-21, 03:46 PM
The wolf's fur sparks a bit when hit by the electrical lance, but nothing more.

It roars in fury as Dante strikes it, proceeding to heave its hammer straight towards his face.

[Elsewhere]

Merlin frets as Nukari watches absentmindedly.

"Oh dear, oh dear! This is terrible, terribly bad!"

He then turns to glare at Nukari.

"And you... You shouldn't be here! Not yet!"

IcemanJRC
2010-12-21, 05:03 PM
Hm... No effect... Time for another go...
Art frowns, but decides to sling another spell at the wolf.
Village aflame, marauders' delight! Fira!
A large dishwasher sized fireball is flung at the wolf.

Creed
2010-12-21, 10:11 PM
Dante almost dodges, the hammer grazing his face and taking off a chunk of his cheek, spewing blood over the floor behind him, the hammer, and the rest of his face.
Despite this, he dives back into the fray.

Terry576
2010-12-21, 10:14 PM
The monster's kind of shocked. Most people when they lose their faces, stop fighting.

The wolf slams the hammer again, brushing off the fireball. Not brushing it off, so much as it reflected off its fur ricocheting onto a nearby house.

Creed
2010-12-21, 10:19 PM
The hammer catches Dante in the ribs as he lunges forward.
He flies backwards with a sickening crunch, blood spewing from his mouth as he is thrown against a wall, fragments of shattered bone poking through his shirt.
Revenge, his keyblade, lies where he stood. He dropped it upon being hit.

Beans
2010-12-21, 11:01 PM
Khy skitters toward the wreck that is Dante, her twitching mouth trying to call forth the sounds she needs to make to heal him.
It takes her a second, but she manages to get out a clear, forceful "Cura!"

Creed
2010-12-21, 11:07 PM
He gives a shout of agony, his ribs sliding back through his skin with a hiss.
Then his keyblade reappears in his hand. He opens his eyes, filled with a new fury.
He mutters a short Thanks to Khy, then pulls himself to his feet, propping himself up with his key.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-21, 11:16 PM
Alysha thinks of something to try.

Her Keyblade appearing in her hand, she points it at the monster and shouts.

Stop!

Terry576
2010-12-22, 11:04 AM
Again, the spell reflects off the wolf's fur, sending the magickal energies of stop straight back at the sender. The wolf snarl ferally, and lets out a roar.

Nukari hears the roar, and runs downstairs, drawing his keyblades. He glances around, assures himself that they can handle the giant wolf, and runs outside to help those in danger.

The wolf holds its hammer in a strange positions, howls in fury, and spins forward. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzClkMxdsgI&fmt=18)

IcemanJRC
2010-12-22, 01:33 PM
Dante, let me help you out!
Art grimaces as he points his hand at Dante, the energy is now a light white color,
HASTE!
The magic should make Dante go exponentially faster in his movement and attack speed, if he lets it work.

Beans
2010-12-22, 03:40 PM
Khy charges at the wolf as well, Blank & White drawn. It's in her left hand, which is cranked back and tucked under her right under arm. Basically, she's wound up for a big friggin' backhand.

Creed
2010-12-22, 04:04 PM
Dante feels the power surge into him, and a hint of a grin creeps onto his face.
Revenge comes up, leveled at the wolf creature.
It's time.
He rushes forward, slashing and hacking at it's hammer arm.
His next sentence is spoken next to the wolf's head, in a distinct whisper.
Time to die.

Terry576
2010-12-22, 06:17 PM
The wolf chooses an interesting option when faced with such a predicament. He reaches for Khyrix keyblade, if grabbing it, tosses her towards the roof. If this does or doesn't succeed, the wolf twirls it's hammer towards the voice, slamming it down.

Beans
2010-12-22, 06:20 PM
Seeing as the thing is pointed pretty much behind her until she strikes, it is very unlikely that the wolf could grab her keyblade.
If he tries while she swings, he'll probably get her over there well enough, but also sustain enough of an injury that using that hand might be rather hard.

Terry576
2010-12-22, 06:35 PM
The wolf's hand is hurt, and being a Remnant, it really doesn't do much as the hand restitches itself, remembering the hand as it was before. The wolf snarls as it's hammer arm is torn up, and the same that happened to its hand happens to its arm.

"My, my, my. You really are weaklings."

A lean man in a coat stands nearby, grinning. His eyes are covered by his hood, and the coat seems to almost... fade from existance. He sighs theatrically, pinching the bridge of his nose as he watches our heroes fail.

"It appears we'll have to aid you a bit."

He stretches out a hand, and it crackles with energy.

"Äther? If you please?"

Beans
2010-12-22, 06:46 PM
At the lean man's side there is a figure in... uh...

A white hooded cloak?

Or is it a balaclava and overcoat?
Or a flicker of shadow?
Or...
It appears to be a white version of an Organization coat, but other possibilities flicker across it like seizures.
A dark shape forms in her (?) hand; it is hard to make out, but there is a flash of mahogany...
She darts forward.
A gleam of glossy black...
She cranks back her weapon under her other arm, but more fluidly than Khy did.
... And three sharp steel points gleaming.
The weapon whips diagonally up and out, lodging its points firmly into the wolf's side. The air whines as if in pain as the swing cuts through the dimness.
Got sloppy.
Retirement plan.

Terry576
2010-12-22, 07:02 PM
The man laughs at his companion's joke.

"Excellent try Äther, but try this next time."

He walks down to the wolf, now kneeling before him, and holds out his... Item. It's current appearance is that of a Katana.

"Hate to cut and..."

He slices off it's head, and the Remnant's memories are unleashed.

"Run."

Beans
2010-12-22, 07:06 PM
What joke?
Joke?

Khy is staring at the pair, stumbling back.
Be a good girl now.
The figure hauls her weapon out of the beast; it dissipates from her hand.

Khy is somewhat occupied with falling and skittering back away.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-22, 07:16 PM
A pair of eyes watches the two mysterious figures, a distance away and cloaked in shadow. The eyes stare intently and captures every move that the two make.

Terry576
2010-12-22, 07:24 PM
The man rolls his eyes.

"Of cooourse Äther. Well, it appears we have finished their job."

Nukari stares at the man in horror, and the man walks past him, his hands behind his head, before glancing at him, and ruffling his hair.

"Keep growing. You're not strong enough yet."

The two vanish into a Portal of Light (Patent Pending).

Beans
2010-12-22, 07:27 PM
The white(?)-cloaked woman glances at Nukari as she fades back into the Light.
Take care of her.

A moment of silence is somewhat ruined by Khy's stress-and-shock-based retching.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-22, 07:32 PM
Streaking past the gathered group, a black and violet flashes towards and hopefully through the Portal of Light. In its wake a number of potions and ethers lie on the floor.

Art watches in wonder,
Oye, what just happened here?

Terry576
2010-12-22, 08:36 PM
The flash does make it in. Into the realm where nothing happens.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-22, 08:55 PM
Glare...
The flash becomes a sort of dim, wisping glow. A violet light sparking across it and collecting near the top to give a semblance of eyes. And the eyes are glaring. Unless of course, literally noting happens, then that pretty much leaves it floatng in nothingness.

Terry576
2010-12-22, 10:09 PM
Yes it's literally nothingness.

There is nothing around, apart from a small room where Lightning and Äther should be sitting.

The eyes spawn outside that room. Although... There are no walls, and no door, and the eyes may be able to walk in.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-23, 01:24 AM
Streaking past the gathered group, a black and violet flashes towards and hopefully through the Portal of Light. In its wake a number of potions and ethers lie on the floor.

Art watches in wonder,
Oye, what just happened here?

Alysha is still staring at where they disappeared.

I have no idea...

Beans
2010-12-23, 07:51 AM
Khy sits against a wall, wiping her mouth and blinking at the puddle of bile she coughed up.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-23, 11:10 AM
Art squats next to Khy,
Khy? Do you need anything, are you gonna be okay?
He draws a water bottle from his backpack and opens it up,
Please drink this.

The eyes, deciding they might as well confront the two, not like he'll get out on his own, so he'll have to try. The eyes narrow and try to zip into the room.

Beans
2010-12-23, 04:02 PM
She sips weakly, knowing that puking and chugging water equals moar puking.
---
Äther's attention is held by Lightning and Lightning only, because he's Lightning and there really isn't much else she gives a crap about.

Terry576
2010-12-23, 04:02 PM
Nukari is staring at the spot where the portal was. Memories flash through his head.

Too weak

remove the darkness

fake

Pure Light.

[Elsewhere]

The man smiles as the eyes cross the threshold.

"Ah, good. I've been expecting you. Do come in, take a seat."

With a wave of his hand, a third chair appears at his and Äther's table.

Beans
2010-12-23, 04:16 PM
I think you're strong enough, Nu...
---
Äther has not put her hood down yet; two lights glow dimly within the darkness, one violet and another topaz.
She glances at the other entity.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-23, 05:34 PM
The eyes make a body of violet smoke, a masculine form, featureless and such. I t sits at the table with them and its eyes soften, the violet light becoming less dark a color.

Hello.
The voice gravely and cold.

Terry576
2010-12-23, 10:45 PM
The man smiles politely at the new arrival.

"Excellent, excellent? How have you been, dear friend? You left so long ago!"

He pouts slightly, looking sad.

"We were incredibly worried!"

Beans
2010-12-23, 10:48 PM
Äther looks down at the table, vaguely uneasy. The idea of another person being here...

But if it's him...

But it's still another person...

But...

Hello.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-23, 10:49 PM
The smoke quivers briefly,
Were you? I am skeptical.
The voice sounds skeptical. It's eyes flash brighter and it turns towards Ather, nods and returns to staring emptily.

I'm distracted by Sweeny Todd...

Terry576
2010-12-23, 10:54 PM
The man grins at the smoke amiably.

"Of course! But, there's only one way to make sure that you want to come with us, instead of our counterparts..."

His eyes flash with a cold, cold mirth.

"Oh, but I forgot for a moment. You don't have a counterpart like ours do you? You were too busy after your Fall... What was it you called yourself after the Fall again? It was something ridiculous, nothing like your old name."

He stares right at the smoke.

"But you're not yourself anymore, are you? You're not our old friend."

He smiles coolly.

"And I'm most satisfied with your new form."

Beans
2010-12-23, 10:58 PM
Khy, leaning on her keyblade, is staggering over to the shock-stricken Nu.
---
There is a part.

A part that remembers.
That is not difficult to listen to.

There is another part, much smaller, that misses and yearns and is wistful.

But it is like a whisper in a freezing gale.
Äther reaches into the blackness of her hood to move something from her face.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-23, 11:06 PM
You are speaking in riddles. I have always been this way.
He speaks softly and sounds slightly disbelieving in himself.

You are different, then I expected...
He says dimly. His voice quivering,

Please forgive me for being a bit... Disconcerted by what's going on...

Terry576
2010-12-23, 11:19 PM
The man waves a hand.

"Now now, calm down dear, dear friend! You know why we're different, remember?"

A snap of his fingers, and a scene appears on the table. A boy and girl, frozen. A man, laughing as he walks by, a taller boy floating behind him, unable to move, covered in darkness.

"After this, terrible, unfortunate event, we had to fix the Darkness within us."

The boy and the girl, standing in front of a vault.

"We used the powers within the Vault to split ourselves, if you will. Remove the Darkness."

A picture of four beings replaced the aforementioned image, the two at the table, and two that the man has seen before. Recently, in fact.

"Unfortunately, the Darkness became self-aware! It became an extra set of beings! But we let them live you see. Because a Keyblade can only be used in balance."

A heart appears, half darkness, half light.

"A Keyblade will not exist if the Dark and Light are not in balance. If we removed our darkness entirely, the Keyblade would vanish! Unfortunately, instead of us, the beings of Light receiving the power, the Dark ones did. But it was no matter. When the Vault wishes it..."

The four vanished, and the boy and the girl reappeared.

"Our bodies will again become one."

Creed
2010-12-23, 11:21 PM
Straight-up confused by this occurance, as well as the Haste and adrenaline wearing off, pushes Dante into a sitting position, leaning up against a wall.

Beans
2010-12-23, 11:22 PM
I am fortunate to have half of... one of the things needed for a Keyblade. Of the other, I am well-stocked.
That is why what is mine is mine.
She shows a brief, murky image of the weapon she struck the wolf with. A keyblade of some sort.
---

Khy tries to grip Nu's arm.

Terry576
2010-12-23, 11:23 PM
Nukari continues to stare at the spot where they were, shocked.

[Elsewhere]

The man glances at the smoke.

"Really my friend, is that necessary? Surely you have enough control to make yourself a body of sorts?"

(@Creed: The discussion between The Man, The Smoke, and The Woman, is occurring elsewhere.)

IcemanJRC
2010-12-23, 11:42 PM
I prefer the shroud of darkness.
The smoke ripples and jerks slowly settling into a man with a square jawed, clean shaven face. Sporting short cut brown hair and a pair of stormy cement colored eyes. The body large and imposing, garbed in dark grays and black. Tight near his body, but extending further and becomig rather billowy.

Beans
2010-12-24, 12:22 AM
Äther feels the memories aw, Coco, you're such a hit and looks down again.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-24, 12:29 AM
The colosal man looks to Ather,
Is something wrong?
His voice like a country road, gravelly and hard, yet warm and inviting.

Beans
2010-12-24, 12:31 AM
I am not injured or defective, no.
---
Khy looks around at the others.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-24, 12:34 AM
That's not what I meant.
It seems the country road to a clipped turn. I guess drivig on a farm road can be dangerous, best be careful.

Beans
2010-12-24, 08:10 PM
Your inquiries unnerve me.

Terry576
2010-12-26, 08:13 PM
The man waves his hand, again as if removing the feeling of discontent from his fellows.

"Come now you two. We're all friends here! Remember the old times? Well, we can do that again."

He holds out his hand, and a strange sword appears. It looks almost like it's made of... clockwork, constantly ticking and clicking.

"Äther, you, me. Just the three of us."

Beans
2010-12-27, 02:57 PM
[Not Where All That Is Going On]
While Beans waits for Icey...

Khy wobbles over to Nu, leaning on her Keyblade and looking concerned.