PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Character Build Challenge!!

Zertryx
2010-09-11, 02:45 PM
I have a challenge for anyone who would love to participate. This Idea came about between me and a friend when discussing making interesting D&D characters and thought it be kinda fun to try to make a effective character who took only 1 level of each class they go into.

----------------
THE CHALLENGE
----------------
To Create a level 20 character that uses ONLY 1 level of Classes / Prestige classes.

The character has to be effective BUT NOT BROKEN.

-------
RULES
-------
1: The character can only take 1 level of each class / prestige class he or she chooses.
2: The character must not be broken and over powered, but must be effective
3: No Leadership Feat
4: Race chosen cannot have a level adjustment
5: Only allowed to choose up to 2 Flaws

--------------
Books Allowed
--------------
DMG
PHB 1 & 2
Monster Manual 1-5
Planar Handbook
Complete Adventure
Complete Arcane
Complete Champion
Complete Divine
Complete Mage
Complete Psionic
Complete Warrior
Complete Scoundrel
Expanded Psionic
Unearthed Arcana
Race's of Stone
Race's of Wild
Race's of Dragon
Race's of Destiny
Dragon Magic
Magic of Incarnum
Spell Compendium
Magic Item Compendium

Please keep the builds neat when posting and include a chart to show what you do at each level (skill points / feats / attribute points / Spells).
You can add any type of fluff you wish to as well to show why this character did this =)

kestrel404
2010-09-11, 03:32 PM
Shucks, I guess the "not broken" clause disqualifies my standard reply to these requests. I mean, most people would considder 9 th level divine spells at caster level ~150 pretty broken. I'll put up a reasonable version of that build later.

Nick_mi
2010-09-11, 03:57 PM
tagged for later reading

Reis Tahlen
2010-09-11, 04:17 PM
Errr... That's not really a challenge if you only want an effective character, to be honest.

I mean... Just take 1 level of all existing base class and that's it.

SurlySeraph
2010-09-11, 05:44 PM
1 Lawful Neutral Human Sorcerer, with two flaws. Take Versatile Spellcaster, Heighten Spell, Sanctum Spell, and Precocious Apprentice.
2 Rainbow Servant
3 Cleric, take Iron Will
4 Church Inquisitor (use Versatile Spellcaster to use two 1st-level Cleric spells to cast Zone of Truth in your 2nd-level spell slot to qualify).
5 Mystic Theurge
6 Incantatrix, take Arcane Preparation (Complete Arcane), use the bonus feat to take Cooperative Spell.
7 Ultimate Magus
8 Mage of the Arcane Order
9 Mindbender, take Energy Substitution (any)
10 Elemental Savant
11 Visionary Seeker
12 Unseen Seer, take Skill Focus (Knowledge [Religion])
13 Sacred Exorcist
14 Divine Oracle
15 Wayfarer Guide, take Scribe Scroll
16 Loremaster
17 Geometer
18 Fatespinner, take Enlarge Spell
19 Arcane Devotee
20 Paragnostic Apostle

Casts as an 18th level Sorcerer and 3rd level Cleric, has a ton of useful little abilities, ridiculously high Will saves, and 0 BAB. Everything after 5th level is just a matter of finding caster classes that you can qualify for without taking a lot of feats, and can be reshuffled pretty much at will.

gallagher
2010-09-11, 07:22 PM
and 0 BAB.
this is by far the best feature of this build

Jack_Simth
2010-09-11, 07:46 PM
To be fair, if you use fractional BAB, it's a bit higher than that (what, about 11-12?)

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-09-11, 10:08 PM

Pick up a weapon of Skillful to be considered to have 3/4 BAB... this is how my Hulk build with 10 levels in Warhulk, which has no BAB, can do half the things he does.

herrhauptmann
2010-09-11, 11:28 PM
Pick up a weapon of Skillful to be considered to have 3/4 BAB... this is how my Hulk build with 10 levels in Warhulk, which has no BAB, can do half the things he does.

*facepalm*
Spent a long time wondering how to get past the BAB thing for hte warhulk. It allows a Barb10/WH10 to power attack for more than 10 right?
Which book is the skillful weapon in again?

Greyfell
2010-09-12, 12:49 AM
Complete Arcane p 144 I think?