PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Summoner Advice

DraconicPaladin
2010-09-11, 06:44 PM
I'm thinking about trying the Summoner as my first pathfinder character and I need some advice with stat allocation as we're going with a 25 point system found in pathfinder, at first I was thinking of just dumping wis and putting 17 in his main spell-casting stat like I would any other spell-caster I make but as the summoner only has 6-levels of spells is that really needed? should i rather go with something balanced like...

Points: 25 More info on points here... (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores)

Str: 14=5
Dex: 16=10
Con: 14=5
Int: 12=2
Wis: 7=-4 (Do I have any real need for wisdom?)
Cha: 15=7 (+2 racial goes here if human or half-elf)

Also with his race I was thinking Half-Elf for the alternative favored class bonus and racial trait found in the APG Half Elf Summoner: Add +1/4 to the Eidolon’s evolution pool.
Ancestral Arms: Half-elves with this racial trait receive Exotic Weapon Proficiency or Martial Weapon Proficiency with one weapon as a bonus Feat at 1st level. This racial trait replaces the adaptability racial trait. (was thinking Composite Longbow)
But that's not necessarily set in stone, especially if my DM allows Augment Summoning to work with the Eidolon, then I'd rather be human to get It sooner, and if No then which feats should I take? Point-Blank Shot then Precise shot for better ranged support?
Also, Any thoughts on which 4 extra skills are good to make the Eidolon take?
(I was thinking Acrobatics, Intimidate, Diplomacy and... UMD? can it do that?)

Party will probably include...a dwarf fighter (crossbowman), Shielded fighter (don't ask...), half-orc barbarian, and an Oracle. (all level 1)
We're probably going strictly pathfinder on this run, just a heads up :smallwink:

Paul H
2010-09-12, 04:55 PM
Hi

Actually, what about Halflings?

Ride skill is Dex based, so simplest would be:

Str 12
Dex 16
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 18

Give him a Flying Mount type Eidolon (Quadruped, 1 pt for Riding Mount, 2 pts for Wings). So you have an Eidolon that can carry you flying at first level! :smallbiggrin:

As you level you can add extra armour, Claw, Tail & Wing Buffet attacks. Large size, Breath Wpn, etc. In effect a Dragon Rider!

One idea is to take Mage Armour & Grease for your first lvl spells. With SF Conjuration your Grease is DC 16. Mage Armour makes up for your companion's low HP at 1st lvl.

There is a Trait that allows you choose two spells (one Cantrip, one 1st Lvl), and cast them at +1CL. So Mage armour lasts 2 hrs at startup.

Hope that helped!
Paul H