PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Spell and Conjuration (Creation)[3.5]

gomipile
2010-09-11, 10:45 PM
If one applies Invisible Spell to, say, Wall of Iron, what happens?

BeholderSlayer
2010-09-11, 10:47 PM
Invisible Wall of Iron

Reynard
2010-09-11, 10:47 PM
It's invisible.

Swordsage'd by a PIXIE?

Woe is me.

Snake-Aes
2010-09-11, 10:48 PM
Well, they do get +8 to dex. They're the half-dragons of agility!

Koury
2010-09-11, 10:49 PM
Swordsage'd by a PIXIE?

Looked like a Beholder to me. :smallwink:

Talking about titles is kinda against the rules.

Flickerdart
2010-09-11, 10:54 PM
Looked like a Beholder to me. :smallwink:

Talking about titles is kinda against the rules.
Would a beholder slayer that was also a beholder have to slay themselves?

An Invisible Wall of Iron would, indeed, be invisible. Not only that, it would not be the sort of invisible you can dispel, because the spell is instantaneous in duration.

Koury
2010-09-11, 10:57 PM
An Invisible Wall of Iron would, indeed, be invisible. Not only that, it would not be the sort of invisible you can dispel, because the spell is instantaneous in duration.

Indeed, you would have a 100% nonmagical Invisibile Wall of Iron. Good stuff for windows.

BeholderSlayer
2010-09-11, 11:11 PM
I'm like a Transformer. More than meets the eye.

FMArthur
2010-09-11, 11:56 PM
I don't believe there is any metamagic more fun or versatile than Invisible Spell, even if all metamagic had a spell adjustment of 0. Nothing punishes true sight like invisible fog spells! :smallbiggrin:

DementedFellow
2010-09-12, 12:23 AM
I don't believe there is any metamagic more fun or versatile than Invisible Spell, even if all metamagic had a spell adjustment of 0. Nothing punishes true sight like invisible fog spells! :smallbiggrin:

How would you throw that on characters?

DM: You see the hall. You can hear guards talking but cannot see them.
Player1: Ghosts! I turn undead!
DM: It does nothing.
Player2: I cast See Invisible.
Player3: Must be a Magic Mouth spell. Let's ignore it.
DM: Suddenly, rays of fire come forth down the hall. What are your reflex saves?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-12, 12:30 AM
Wouldn't the See invisibility spell let you see the wall or iron?:smallconfused:

DementedFellow
2010-09-12, 12:35 AM
Yes but would it allow you to see the people obscured by the fog spell?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-12, 12:41 AM
Yes but would it allow you to see the people obscured by the fog spell?

I though you were still talking about wall of iron, not fog spells :smallwink:

DementedFellow
2010-09-12, 12:52 AM
I though you were still talking about wall of iron, not fog spells :smallwink:

I figured. And in all honesty I don't know if it would work like that or not in my scenario. :)

BunnyMaster42
2010-09-12, 02:05 AM
I figured. And in all honesty I don't know if it would work like that or not in my scenario. :)

It probably would work, to a certain extent at least.

The way I see it, the invisible fog wouldn't obscure the vision of someone without see invibility or true seeing, rendering it useless unless they had said abilities. So they would be able to see the people on the other end of the hall unless they were invisible themselves, in which case the invisible fog becomes a very useful tactic.

Quick question though, if a caster were to view an invisible illusion with true seeing, would the true seeing cut through both the illusion and the invisibility, or just the invisibility? The Invisible spell feat says that they would see whatever visual effects that normally acompany the spell, but does this mean an invisible illusion is fully visible to someone with true seeing?

Shadowleaf
2010-09-12, 04:05 AM
How would you throw that on characters?

DM: You see the hall. You can hear guards talking but cannot see them.
Player1: Ghosts! I turn undead!
Player2: I cast See Invisible.
Player3: Must be a Magic Mouth spell. Let's ignore it.
DM: Suddenly, rays of fire come forth down the hall. What are your reflex saves?
Uhm. I think you misunderstand. An Invisible Solid Fog will be invisible, therefore everyone would normally be able to see through it.
A person with True Sight/See Invis., however, would negate the Invisible part of the Solid Fog, and would be able to see the fog.
It's great for, say, a Rogue. He casts Invisible Solid Fog, hides, and hopes the Wizard activates True Sight

DementedFellow
2010-09-12, 04:10 AM
But the effects of the fog are still up mechanically speaking. They wont be able to see very far ahead.

Reynard
2010-09-12, 08:15 AM
How can it block their sight if it's invisible?

BeholderSlayer
2010-09-12, 08:32 AM
By RAW an invisible fog still grants the miss chance, IIRC.

jpreem
2010-09-12, 08:40 AM
Also you could have invisible guards standing in invisible fog. Guys without see invisibility won't see them - because they're invisible. Guys with see invisibility don't see them - because they are surrounded by fog.
So you could have your armies of DOOM really really invisible.

kestrel404
2010-09-12, 08:48 AM
When you've got invisible spell, always apply this to your Summon Monster N spells. I rule that the monsters become visible after making an attack, but you get to summon invisible monsters for free!

Also, invisible light spells. Cast see invisible. Cast invisible light. Boom, instant pseudo-darkvision.

Snake-Aes
2010-09-12, 09:36 AM
If you want to dump spells to avoid true sight, you can always, for example, use Disguise self followed by an invisible Disguise self. People see magical disguise, true seers see the same thing.
Spell + Invisible spell = neener neener you can't bypass it!

Greater invisibility + Invisible Greater Invisibility :o

BunnyMaster42
2010-09-12, 09:55 AM
People see magical disguise, true seers see the same thing.
Spell + Invisible spell = neener neener you can't bypass it!

That is unless true seeing pierces both the invisible spell and disguise effects. The feat says anyone with true seeing sees the normal effects of the spell. But, it's rather ambiguous as to whether illusion spells are still seen as illusions by true seeing.