PDA

View Full Version : An Adventurer is You!

Ajadea
2010-09-11, 11:20 PM
There are a lot of these. I'm not asking about the 'you' you'd for a Real-Life version of you, I'm asking who you'd be as a PC. Not who you should be according to your stats, but which class you think closest fits the abilities you have. There will be exaggerations.

Ignore BAB, Ignore Saves. You don't have to be human.

Me? Probably Factotum 1/Paladin 3. I don't get sick, I don't get scared, and I have too many random skills for anything else as a 1st level.

Str 11
Dex 10
Con 12
Wis 14
Int 18
Cha 12

Flaws:
Social Idiot (-4 to Bluff and Sense Motive)
Horrible Eyesight (-4 to Search and Spot)

Feats:
Jack of All Trades
Smatterings
Able Learner
(Unselected)

bbliss
2010-09-12, 01:09 AM
I'd probably have to say Cleric1/Factotum1/Paladin1. I'm religous, tend to be a white knight sometimes, and have lots of random skills. Also, I tend to change my interests a lot, hence 1 level in everything.

STR 10
DEX 13
CON 11
INT 15
WIS 15
CHA 9

Trait: Absent-Minded
Feats: Knowledge (Useless Trivia), etc.

Private-Prinny
2010-09-12, 01:15 AM
If I existed in the world of D&D, I would be an apprentice wizard. I can't really pick a level since I can't cast spells.

Magic Myrmidon
2010-09-12, 01:19 AM
Using 32 point buy, and 3 levels, I'll try.

Wizard 3

Str:10
Dex: 16
Con:10
Int: 18
Wis: 9
Cha: 8

I'm actually dedicated and studious, when I need to be, so I fit wizard. My best stat is definitely intelligence, since I've always done well in academia. I also consider myself dexterous, since I play drums, can do multiple things at once, etc. Con... I dunno, hard to measure. Strength, to be honest, would likely be lower, but I'm not wasting any points. Whenever I look for stuff, I miss the most obvious things. But... I do see things out of the corner of my eyes quite well. But then I often don't hear things. So yeah, negative wisdom. And I simply don't make friends well. Or do well at parties. Or social situations. ;_;

Too lazy for feats and stuff.

Kelb_Panthera
2010-09-12, 01:28 AM
Some blend of monk and ranger.

str 10
con 15
dex 12
int 13
wis 13
cha 8

I'm a natural born fighter, and tough as nails. I also seem to be a little sharper up-stairs than many of the people around me, in both knowledge and will & awareness.

Morph Bark
2010-09-12, 03:46 AM
Something Int or Cha based that doesn't care much of Wis and uses books. So Wizard, Wu Jen or Factotum (would Archivist also work? I forgot what they actually depend on Wis for).

Considering I can't cast spells, Factotum fits the bill. One that does a lot of skill retraining on a weekly basis because of some Flaw making it necessary.

Race? I don't know, but Human probably still fits best off the top of my head. I don't know of any +Int/-Wis races.

0Megabyte
2010-09-12, 04:38 AM
I can see several possibilities.

Monk 1, with not very impressive stats.

Another possible route is Expert 1, with 4 skill points each placed in Profession(cameraman), Profession(writing), Profession(Director), Knowledge(History), Knowledge(Religion), Knowledge(Arcana), at least two points each in Knowledge(Film History) and Knowledge(Anime), and some other things. Possibly one other skill, though I doubt my intelligence is high enough to get anymore than a +2 bonus.

For feats, probably Improved Unarmed Strike/Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Sai) and Skill Focus( Profession [Writing] ). I already have proficiency with quarterstaff as an expert, since they have automatic simple weapon proficiency, so I don't need a feat for that. I'd probably have at least one flaw, and as such the feat I'd end up getting would be something like Research from the ECS.

If I had to be medieval in my professions, just change the cameraman to something like perform (oratory). Change the modern knowledge skills to other sorts, perhaps about obscure stories or the planes.

I'd probably end up some sort of historian/record keeper, with the skills I have. An expert one!

---

Anyway, those are two that I see. For something a little more fanciful, though, I'd probably end up Wizard 1.

FelixG
2010-09-12, 04:49 AM
Truenamer 20.

Because i am JUST that useless ^.^

Morph Bark
2010-09-12, 06:32 AM
Truenamer 20.

Because i am JUST that useless ^.^

You can gate Solars at-will?

Dude.

Dude!

Dude?

Duuuude...

Ichneumon
2010-09-12, 06:45 AM
My class would likely be rogue with more of a diplomat/politician angle.

Peregrine
2010-09-12, 07:09 AM
I stand by my ability scores from the other thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167962).

Str 10
Dex 11
Con 8
Int 17
Wis 14
Cha 9

Class? I don't know. Factotum fits me quite well. Wizard is perhaps more what I would be if I had been born and grown up in a D&D world. That, or mystic theurge. Or a very suboptimal multiclass of these (more suboptimal than mystic theurge itself :smalltongue:). But I would definitely be Lawful Good, and would dream of being a paladin. Heck, I'd get in arguments with (or on behalf of) paladins about appropriate behaviour. :smallbiggrin:

Lord Loss
2010-09-12, 09:18 AM
Me as a PC

NG Monk 1/ Ninja 1

STR 8
DEX 13
CON 8
INT 16
WILL 11
CHA 14

I have high ranks in Tumble, Escape Artist and Diplomacy. I'm very willful (Iron Will as a feat) but my common sense takes a backseat when need be. I'll take heroic but stupid actions at times. Listen is also a very high skill for mw.

FelixG
2010-09-12, 09:25 AM
You can gate Solars at-will?

Dude.

Dude!

Dude?

Duuuude...

you cant? 0.o

AtopTheMountain
2010-09-12, 09:36 AM
Cleric 1 or 2. I'm religious and a pacifist, so I'd pretty much be a healbot.

Str 10
Dex 11
Con 14
Int 16
Wis 15
Cha 13

akma
2010-09-12, 10:02 AM
Str 18
Dex 18
Con 18
Wis 18
Int 18
Cha 18

Flaws:
Lack of self esteem

true_shinken
2010-09-12, 10:11 AM
Str 18
Dex 18
Con 18
Wis 18
Int 18
Cha 18

Flaws:
Lack of self esteem

I lol'ed at this.

Morph Bark
2010-09-12, 10:14 AM
you cant? 0.o

Naw, I can only seduce them converse with them intelligently on a daily basis.

valadil
2010-09-12, 10:15 AM
Not gonna do stats. I'd have too many classes to be optimal at anything. Definitely wizard and bard. Something that fights too, but I'm not sure what.

Tengu_temp
2010-09-12, 10:23 AM
Psion (Shaper) 3. Stats, assuming elite array:

Strength 10
Dexterity 8
Constitution 12
Intelligence 15
Wisdom 14
Charisma 13

Not wizard, because I am too lazy to have a class that bases on remembering complex rituals, incantations and gestures. Psions on the other hand are all about using raw intellect to force reality to do what you want.

Urpriest
2010-09-12, 10:33 AM
Erudite, pleading with my DM for Spell-to-Power variant. I'm voracious about knowledge, but I view the world in more of a sci-fi sense than a traditional wizardly sense, despite wanting to include that kind of worldview in my scientific system. Also, hopelessly ambitious and as such plan my life by TO rather than PO.

Peregrine
2010-09-12, 10:53 AM
Also, hopelessly ambitious and as such plan my life by TO rather than PO.

There's a funny concept: "Trying to be Pun-Pun... in a world without Sarrukhs."

Jacque
2010-09-12, 10:55 AM
2 years in the military (including 6 months in Iraq), musically talented and a university degree. I think that'll make me a:

Ranger/bard/expert with focus on survival and knowledge skills.

Crossblade
2010-09-12, 12:34 PM
University degree, but always butting heads with the powers that be; not religious, not strong or overly healthy, but well liked by same level co-works.

I'm going to say wizard/bard with skills in move silent, perform(oratory), none in deplomacy or intimidate. I'm both naturally smart and learned smart, and have leader qualities, but no one listens to me (which leads to lots of "I told you so's" so I'd say I would be some sort of int caster, but I don't know of any spontanious ones, so that explains wizard and the cha is from others liking me but not superiors.

So yeah... Wiz/Bard is the best I can think of away from books. I'm a smart, learned, sneaky so and so that can lead, but doesn't have the chance given to him to do so. Probably because it's such an ineffectice combo.

Awww, I think I made myself depressed.

Edit: not sure about level. Since afb, not sure of comparable usable skills bs spell usage.