PDA

View Full Version : [3.5; PEACH] The PIG Master - the Chicken Master's brother!

Morph Bark
2010-09-12, 03:38 PM
After making the Chicken Master (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167862) earlier, I figured I might as well make another animal-flaw-based Commoner PrC.

I've got ideas of expanding this further... but I'm not sure how to do it. :smalleek:

EDIT: This now has a follow-up PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170098)!

PIG MASTER

I don't have a really fitting image...

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/125/9/9/pig_by_cosmin92.jpg

...so here's an image of a cute little piggie.

They call him MISTER Pig!

You carry a pig. Why? What is in it for you to carry a pig? When did you start carrying a pig? Maybe it was it given to you at a young age? Maybe you were born with it? Is it Maybelline? Whatever the case, you were forced to carry this damn pig for all your life, for better or worse, in sickness and in health, whether you loved, hated, cherished or loathed. No more! You're taking control, making that pig your pig, bonding with it on levels that someone of your average intelligence and insight might not have immediately considered!

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Flaws: Pig Bond (Dragon 330, page 87)
Skills: Handle Animal 4 ranks, Ride 4 ranks

Pig Bond
You have a pig. Good for you.
Benefits: You must at all times carry a pig that weighs equal to your maximum load. The pig refuses to walk on its own. If your Strength score increases, the weight of the pig increases to match your new maximum load. If your Strength score decreases... get a cart.
Special: If more than a few inches ever seperates you and the pig, the pig transforms into Orcus and skins you (which probably kills you).

This means you must always be in a space that your pig also occupies. For the basic pig, use boar (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/monstersAnimal.html#boar) stats, substituting gore for a 1d6+Str slam attack, and lowering HD by 1.

Class Skills
The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Handle Animal (Cha), Listen (Wis), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), and Use Rope (Dex).
Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + Int

Hit Dice: d8

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+0|Companion Bond

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+0|Pig Empathy, Pig Rider

3rd|
+1|
+3|
+1|
+1|Seed of Orcus (fiendish)

4th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+1|--

5th|
+2|
+4|
+1|
+1|Seed of Orcus (half-fiend)[/table]

Companion Bond: At first level, a Pig Master becomes attuned more with his pig, allowing him to ride the pig instead of carrying it. The pig still counts as its original size in spite of this, and further gains the benefits that an animal companion would get (count the Pig Master’s class level as his equivalent Druid level for the purpose of determining animal companion benefits for the pig). Furthermore, a Pig Master must hold onto the pig for dear life and may never carry more than 10 pounds or the pig will take notice and an infernal force will blast the Pig Master off its back, resulting in the pig turning into Orcus and flaying him alive.

Pig Empathy: A Pig Master can improve the attitude of a pig-like animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check made to improve the attitude of a person. The Pig Master rolls 1d20 and adds his Pig Master level and his Charisma modifier to determine the pig empathy check result. The typical domesticated pig has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly.
To use pig empathy, the Pig Master and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time.
A Pig Master can also use this ability to influence a pig-like magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but he takes a –4 penalty on the check.

Pig Rider: A Pig Master gains his class level as a bonus to Ride checks while riding his pig. However, considering that riding something else would mean getting off his pig and thus meaning it would turn into Orcus to flay him alive, you can basically consider this a straight bonus to all Ride checks.

Seed of Orcus: At level 3, the Pig Master’s pig gains the Fiendish template. At level 5 this is replaced by the Half-Fiend template.

New Feat

Demon Pig
Prerequisite: Seed of Orcus (half-fiend) class feature
Benefit: Your pig becomes immune to poison and one type of energy (acid, electricity, fire, sonic) and gains resistance 10 against all other types of energy (acid, cold, electricity, fire, sonic). Furthermore, you gain telepathic contact with your pig and can understand it perfectly, thus also granting you a +2 insight bonus to Handle Animal checks.

Bhu
2010-09-12, 03:56 PM
god bless you

unosarta
2010-09-12, 04:20 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080918113649/bleach/en/images/d/d3/Ganjubonnie.jpg

This seems oddly fitting. :smallbiggrin:

DracoDei
2010-09-12, 05:02 PM
Well, the time has come for you to beat them at their own game and see who will get the last laugh! You, who holds the power! The power of chicken!!

YOu need to edit for species...

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-12, 06:36 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080918113649/bleach/en/images/d/d3/Ganjubonnie.jpg

This seems oddly fitting. :smallbiggrin:

And considering M-bark's avatar it's even more fitting.

Anyway, i think these PrCs of yours are humorous, are you going to do one for each commoner flaw?

unosarta
2010-09-12, 06:40 PM
And considering M-bark's avatar it's even more fitting.

Anyway, i think these PrCs of yours are humorous, are you going to do one for each commoner flaw?

OH MY GOD, I just realized that that is KAMINA GLASSES ON YACHIRU.

I think I am in love with M-Bark now.

Debihuman
2010-09-12, 11:40 PM
Just too much fun. I wish I were in a funny campaign right now. I'd love to run a pig master! Your table could use a little fixing as well.

Debby

DracoDei
2010-09-12, 11:45 PM
I'd love to run a pig master!
Strictly NPC material from what I can tell... making a higher power version might be pretty easy though...

Morph Bark
2010-09-13, 01:55 AM
god bless you

OH MY GOD, I just realized that that is KAMINA GLASSES ON YACHIRU.

I think I am in love with M-Bark now.

Haha, thanks. :smallbiggrin:

YOu need to edit for species...

Just too much fun. I wish I were in a funny campaign right now. I'd love to run a pig master! Your table could use a little fixing as well.

Debby

Yeah, I realized that too late. I just copypasted the Chicken Master and then started editing. My internet got cut before I could attempt to fix it though.

Strictly NPC material from what I can tell... making a higher power version might be pretty easy though...

Prettymuch yeah, though of course you can always try running a Commoner campaign. :smallwink:

And yes, I am planning on making more PrCs based off Commoner Flaws. I actually got one done while my internet was down for the Corpse Flaw... anyone interested?

EDIT: Fixed the table and the leading-in paragraph.

The Mentalist
2010-09-13, 02:31 AM
Why does it become a half-fiend? It's not a deviled ham pun is it?

Your BAB table is off too I think. It shouldn't give you a +2 at level 1 as far as I know.

Morph Bark
2010-09-13, 02:44 AM

Your BAB table is off too I think. It shouldn't give you a +2 at level 1 as far as I know.

D'oh. Fixed that. I mixed up the Fort save and the BAB.

It becomes a Half-Fiend because the pig turns into Orcus and flays you alive if you move more than a few inches away from it. So it has to have a Fiendish origin of some sort. :smallwink:

EDIT: Continuation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9346831#post9346831) of the series!

DracoDei
2010-09-13, 04:55 AM
Well, if it wasn't before, it certainly is now...

The Mentalist
2010-09-13, 04:49 PM
Well, if it wasn't before, it certainly is now...

DRAT! I've been found out!

Zhalath
2010-09-16, 09:18 PM
I could see a group of orc NPCs with this class to harass my party.

The Porcine Paladins!

All of them trained to ride pigs that they have communed with since birth, they ride into battle, bearing very small lances and no armor! They are brave! They are fierce! They are sub-optimal! They are the Porcine Paladins!

Galileo
2010-09-17, 07:15 AM
I really want to play a PC with a pig permanently tucked under one arm. I could do it like the mummy in The Graveyard Book, and claim it's lucky, insisting that any misfortune which befalls another character was due to their pig deficiency.

unosarta
2010-09-17, 07:26 AM
I really want to play a PC with a pig permanently tucked under one arm. I could do it like the mummy in The Graveyard Book, and claim it's lucky, insisting that any misfortune which befalls another character was due to their pig deficiency.

Actually, if you were to really play a mummy, and used an egyptian influence, this could work. In ancient egypt, mummies were buried with their possessions in order to cross over and still have something left. So, you could basically flavor it as, the mummy died, and almost all of his stuff didn't cross over (an accident by the janitors), and now all he has are pigs. Thousands of them. He thinks that he is dead, and that he is currently fighting the forces of evil, who threaten his people in the real world. He also keeps on trying to insist that the other party members are dead. It would be interesting to say the least if he saw another mummy. :smallbiggrin: