PDA

View Full Version : Most interesting of the Poke-men to see in the arena

Acero
2010-09-12, 03:59 PM
What Pocket Monster would you enjoy the most seeing Roy or Belkar fight?

Personally, Charizard, just because I used Pokemon Red to learn how to read.

Ranzunar
2010-09-12, 04:15 PM
Some of the classic fighter types might be interesting. Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Machamp would certainly be in the running. Snorlax might be hilarious as people try to attack it and it stays asleep. Then someone snaps a twig and it hulk smashes everything around him.

John Cribati
2010-09-12, 04:44 PM
A Tauros or Arcanine would be cool. Maybe a Persian.

Sesquame
2010-09-12, 04:46 PM
Wobbufett with Focus Sash.

Roy is doomed

(For those who dont get it, Wobbufett is one of the three non-legendaries to be placed in the "uber" tier. Counter allows hit to strike back at double the power that you hit him with.Focus sash item prevents him from being oneshot, leaving him at 1 hp for a massive counter.

Gift Jeraff
2010-09-12, 04:55 PM
Metagross.

Because there is nothing more badass than a Metagross.

Darth Hunterix
2010-09-12, 05:13 PM
Infinite waves of first-level Pikachu thrown against Belkar, just to watch them all die...

Rae Artemi
2010-09-12, 05:39 PM
Blaziken.

Because what beats a giant, flaming, kung-fu fighting chicken?

Maybe a giant robotic penguin, but probably not much else.

Crisis21
2010-09-12, 06:41 PM
Diglett. Whack-A-Mole. Enough said.

Zwums
2010-09-12, 07:29 PM
Magikarp. Which then evolves after being attacked.

deuxhero
2010-09-12, 07:54 PM
Steelix.

See here (http://www.safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=436284) for why.

MarkusWolfe
2010-09-12, 07:58 PM
Gyrados.

Mother. ****ing. Gyrados.

KoboldRevenge
2010-09-12, 09:20 PM
Scyther. Those giant sythes got to be good for something.

Elemental_Elf
2010-09-12, 09:28 PM
I wonder if Belkar gets any bonuses for throwing a Rock-Type Pokemon around... :smallbiggrin:

As for who would make a great match for the Roy and Belkar tag-team, I'd say two Jynx's! :P No in all seriousness, I think a veritable tsunami of Porygons would be an awesome match for Team Roykar!

veti
2010-09-12, 09:41 PM
For funny value: Pachirisu.

For general coolness: Slaking.

And for ability to humiliate every gladiator in the place: Clefairy.

Scarlet Knight
2010-09-12, 09:42 PM
Jiggly Puff was my favorite!

:roy: "ZZZZZ"
:belkar: ""ZZZ..huh? What happened?"
:roy: " Zzz* wha? , I don't know. Are you wearing a magic marker goatee?"

bue52
2010-09-12, 09:59 PM
Houndoom, the fluff text for it says that victims of its flames can never get rid of the pain of the burns even after it has healed. Pretty good challenge for belkar, and he'll have a mark, he'll never forget.

Menarker
2010-09-12, 10:14 PM
I imagine that any of the ghost types would make it rather unfair against the gladiators (due to presumably being given non-magical weapons).

Flying types would also be a challenge if they can attack out of reach.

Depending on the materials of the weapons, steel types and maybe a few rock types will be hard to dent.

Psychic types to use teleports and telekenetic attacks?

Worst possible selection? Something with Perish Song. >_> Kill off all the gladiators and the entire audience in the process who heard the song? Pass.

AxeD
2010-09-13, 01:12 AM
Some of the classic fighter types might be interesting. Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, and Machamp would certainly be in the running. Snorlax might be hilarious as people try to attack it and it stays asleep. Then someone snaps a twig and it hulk smashes everything around him.

Not sure how effective Snorlax's sleeping technique would be in a world where they have coup de grace.

Damn, now I'm wondering what kind of fort save snorlax would have. Think Roy could coup de grace it with a non-magical greatsword? (fort save: 10 + 2d6 + 7(str mod * 1.5) + 2 (wpn spec) x 2 (crit)). So... somewhere between a fort save of 42-62? Feel free to check my math (it's terrible)
(10+2+7+2) x2 = 42
(10+12+7+2) x2 = 62

zimmerwald1915
2010-09-13, 01:50 AM
Maybe a Persian.
Persian v. Mr. Scruffy

Murdim
2010-09-13, 05:28 AM
This one.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/409/672476-missingno_super.gif

Goosefarble
2010-09-13, 11:28 AM
Infermon.

Cough.

Setra
2010-09-13, 11:37 AM
For humor value, probably something like Jigglypuff.

For awesome value... Gyarados or Steelix probably top the list.

Erts
2010-09-13, 02:43 PM
Steelix.

See here (http://www.safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=436284) for why.

Have any more awesome pictures like that?

Machamp, Salamance, Tyranitar, Zigzagoon, Aggron, Charizard, Electrive (that new Electabuzz evolution), and Rhyperior, the evolved Rhydon.

That would be awesome.

TreesOfDeath
2010-09-13, 05:49 PM
Magikarp.

Magikarp splash them to death!

Or Kyogre.
What spartacus had to kill some shadow death guy to make it rain? But Kyogre's making it rain just by standing around, the gods must LOVE him

mootoall
2010-09-13, 05:52 PM
Well, we all know that fighting is weak against flying ...

Tao the Ninja
2010-09-13, 06:23 PM
Arceus, because in D&D gods are actually meant to be killed for XP. Or shoved in a spherical statis chamber. Either way.

Akal Saris
2010-09-13, 06:41 PM
Metapod! Harden!!

Dr.Epic
2010-09-14, 11:24 AM
Magikarp. You heard me.

Zaydos
2010-09-14, 11:47 AM
Mewtwo to annihilate all the gladiators at once.

More seriously Tyranitar.

Alagaesian
2010-09-14, 02:08 PM
Voltorb used SelfDestruct!

A swarm of Whismur would also be hilarious. Or Spinda.

And Breloom. Because nothing is funnier than a mushroom with levels in Monk.

Menarker
2010-09-14, 03:41 PM

Until Belkar uses said mushroom in his experimental hallucinogenic cream of mushroom soup after he's finish killing it.

Acero
2010-09-14, 07:24 PM
Voltorb used SelfDestruct!

A swarm of Whismur would also be hilarious. Or Spinda.

Wiat, what are those ones? I know volt (electric ball guy?) but what are the other ones? Kung-fu mushroom?

Zaydos
2010-09-14, 10:22 PM
Wiat, what are those ones? I know volt (electric ball guy?) but what are the other ones? Kung-fu mushroom?

They're all 3rd gen. Whismur is the quiet pokemon (the pokedex says loud noises hurt it... paradoxically its trait gives it immunity to sound based attacks), Spinda is the spin panda pokemon or some such and uses teeter dance, Breloom is a Grass/Fighting mushroom pokemon.

Bongos
2010-09-17, 11:52 AM
The Magikarp.

Alagaesian
2010-09-17, 10:37 PM
They're all 3rd gen. Whismur is the quiet pokemon (the pokedex says loud noises hurt it... paradoxically its trait gives it immunity to sound based attacks), Spinda is the spin panda pokemon or some such and uses teeter dance, Breloom is a Grass/Fighting mushroom pokemon.

My logic on Whismur is that, if a gladiator startles one, it will make a lot of noise, thus setting off the rest of the Whismur population. Then everyone will die from Sonic damage.

A swarm of Spinda, from my interpretation of it, would be similar to Xykon's Bouncy Ball of Doom. Fighters have low will saves, so they will easily be "confused" through Spinda's Teeter Dance and the carnage can begin.

Wild Breloom appeared!
Gladiator: "A mushroom? That shouldn't be so hard to-"
Breloom used Mach Punch. (A move that almost always gets the first attack)
Gladiator fainted.

I'd like to see Belkar try to drink cream of Breloom soup. He'll either fall asleep, get paralyzed, or become poisoned through Breloom's Effect Spore ability.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-09-17, 10:48 PM
Well, now that Black and White are out, we've got 156 new choices.

Hmm...Belkar vs Smugleaf would be quite entertaining.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-17, 10:51 PM
My logic on Whismur is that, if a gladiator startles one, it will make a lot of noise, thus setting off the rest of the Whismur population. Then everyone will die from Sonic damage.

A swarm of Spinda, from my interpretation of it, would be similar to Xykon's Bouncy Ball of Doom. Fighters have low will saves, so they will easily be "confused" through Spinda's Teeter Dance and the carnage can begin.

Wild Breloom appeared!
Gladiator: "A mushroom? That shouldn't be so hard to-"
Breloom used Mach Punch. (A move that almost always gets the first attack)
Gladiator fainted.

I'd like to see Belkar try to drink cream of Breloom soup. He'll either fall asleep, get paralyzed, or become poisoned through Breloom's Effect Spore ability.

FTFY :smallwink:

John Cribati
2010-09-17, 11:12 PM
FTFY :smallwink:
Actually, if the opponent uses Quick Attack/Ice Shard/Some other priority move and has a higher speed, Mach Punch will hit second.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-17, 11:17 PM
I posted that without considering other priority moves, but my point still stands.

Are we really going to discuss Pokemon mechanics on a thread to see which one would be the best one to fight against Roy and Belkar?:smallconfused:

I approve :smalltongue:

Now a bit more on-topic... I would love to see Scizor... or maybe a chariot race using tauros and/or other quadruped pokemon to pull the charriots.

Level8Mudcrab
2010-09-18, 08:19 AM
Bidoof. Hordes of them.

Acero
2010-09-19, 10:14 PM
I posted that without considering other priority moves, but my point still stands.

Are we really going to discuss Pokemon mechanics on a thread to see which one would be the best one to fight against Roy and Belkar?:smallconfused:

I approve :smalltongue:

Now a bit more on-topic... I would love to see Scizor... or maybe a chariot race using tauros and/or other quadruped pokemon to pull the charriots.

Minotaur Bullfighting

slayerx
2010-09-19, 11:12 PM
I have to go with Steelix, or Gyarados.
It's not enough that the pokemon be powerful, but that have to also really LOOK extremely intimidating.

Most pokemon are either too small, too goofy looking, or just lack the fangs or horns that just one look at scream "OMG it's gonna kill me"

Kolero
2010-09-20, 02:39 AM
Sudowoodo. it would be fun to watch the destruction when the oil stewards gets near him...

Medicham would also be great, not only is he monk like enough, but has psychic powers too. The balloon pants would also let him double as a clown for Elan's amusement.

If we bring in legendaries, Giratina for sure. Ultimate in baddass monster hands down. I bet he would give the snarl a run for his money.

bue52
2010-09-20, 09:48 AM
Sudowoodo. it would be fun to watch the destruction when the oil stewards gets near him...

Medicham would also be great, not only is he monk like enough, but has psychic powers too. The balloon pants would also let him double as a clown for Elan's amusement.

If we bring in legendaries, Giratina for sure. Ultimate in baddass monster hands down. I bet he would give the snarl a run for his money.

HE IS THE SNARL!!!!!!!

Stmr5000
2010-09-20, 06:57 PM
Blastoise.

Link of why: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-ED74B7ZOC0/SfW2JJ_zcFI/AAAAAAAAAFs/RXvf9FrpXig/s320/blastoise1.jpg

Acero
2010-09-21, 05:36 PM
Blastoise.

Link of why: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-ED74B7ZOC0/SfW2JJ_zcFI/AAAAAAAAAFs/RXvf9FrpXig/s320/blastoise1.jpg

That's just creepy.