PDA

View Full Version : Arcane College

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-12, 04:29 PM
The school day has started, and you have headed to the large city of Undarin, looking for the magnificent buildings that constitute the school, St. Vance's school for the Arcane Inclined. The city streets smell of gold pieces and sweat, and as you each drift through the city you see beggars, shop owners, and a fair share of tax attornies, each one viaing for people to buy their goods.

Eventually you see it. The red bricks, the air buzzing with magical powers beyond the power mortals dare to comprehend, the high gates, and arcane security eyes, each green orb watching you with its tangerine pupil focused on everyone it can catch. You then see the gates open, revealing a vast green court yard, and tall, empirical and non euclidian towers, each one colored in shades and hues that even crayola couldn't imagine.

All of these are connected to a vast castle center, with a vast flickering sign saying "Greeting students of 995!" There is a vast enclave of cloaked individuals of every color, creed, and dimension gathered around a vast stage, where many faculty members sit, and floating at a podium, one sees a wizened figure, in brown, dingy robes, with a flowing white scraggily beard and a look in his eyes that says "I'm not a day over 1012 and I can still kick your ass". The chairs are ever increasing to suit everyones need and it seems something important is about to happen. What do you wish to do?

Ilmryn
2010-09-12, 06:10 PM
A strange-looking elf heads for the front row, looking for a good spot to watch the proceeding. You may have heard the term gray elf, but this elf's skin is truly gray. His eyes are intensely red and piercing.

OOC:
My speech color is green.

hustlertwo
2010-09-12, 06:45 PM
On this otherwise bright and pristine day, a blotch of darkness stumps to the rear of the crowd, and takes a seat as far from the stage as possible. Literally; partly to protect from the blazing globe overheard to which she is sill adjusting, and partly to show her disdain for something as empty and impractical as orientation, Hecate has cast Darkness on herself before venturing forth from the dorm. She sits, and visible only to her and those with the ability to see through the inky shroud which surrounds her, an unusually peppy skeleton sits beside her, and speaks, with an unearthly voice that somehow sounds as if the snapping of gum ought to be punctuating each syllable.

So Heck, what'cha wanna do first? No sense going to any classes on the first day, why don't we go find a good spot to check on the boy situation? Not a lot of other dwarves here, but you never know, you might find a taller fella to light your faerie fire. Maybe even a giant; you'd be soooo cute together! Which reminds me of that time I-

Katie!!! I would rip your vocal cords out myself, if you had any. I barely tolerated the Heck nickname at home; here it's either Hecate, or Dark Mistress. Or both. Dark Mistress Hecate, yes....in any case, shut it. We aren't skipping anything. I came here to learn to harness the vile strength within my twisted frame, and if it means putting up with these mouth-breathers until I've gained every shred of valuable knowledge they have, so be it.

Sure thing, Dark Missy Heck!

Sigh.

Hecate waited to see if the wrinkled sack at the podium would be able to match her minion Katie for sheer banality.

Sinfonian
2010-09-13, 12:15 AM
Before heading out to the field, Jonathan would prepare for the day the same way as always, by contacting forces from outside the bounds of being to beseech the ability to help him persuade others.

Binding Naberius. Gaining Naberius's Skills (Knowledge: Arcana and Spellcraft) and Silver Tongue.
Binding Check vs DC 15. [roll0]
Activate Beguiling Influence.

As the blond-headed man walk out into the courtyard, he assesses the rest of the student body, or more accurately, mostly just the female students' bodies. He shakes his head almost imperceptibly at the situation he could only refer to as "slim pickings."

Still, there was power here, and potential to gain greatly from his time here. Above all, he would certainly have incredible opportunities to make friends and influence people.

Jonathan will use Dark Orange

Sinfonian
2010-09-13, 12:29 AM
Unable to suppress the urges of the vestige inside him, Jonathan feels the need to address the group. Even without the pushing from the entity in his soul, Jonathan needs little urging to take the stage, as he always found attention alluring.

Standing in front of the platform where the faculty sat, he tries to strike a dashing pose and addresses the people assembled so far. His deep and gravelly voice has an otherworldly quality about it which gives it an air of mystery.

"Greetings, all. I am Jonathan Johnson, a fellow new student. I want to let you know that I look forward to getting to know as many of you as I can. I just know that we will find ways to have fun and enjoy our time here! Let's make this class of 995 the best we possibly can!"

Jonathan walks away from the podium to a place near the back of the seats where he can observe the proceedings and as many of the people at once as possible.

Critical
2010-09-13, 11:07 AM
Blue for the silly head, red for the not-so-silly and more evil head.

Also, do we have an OOC thread?

"That way!" - a rough voice could be heard from the outside.

"No, that way!" - another voice replied, a more soft, but low at the same time.

The sound of something large hitting the door could be heard, then another one... The voices repeated, after unknown cries of other people.

"Sowwy!" - the soft and low voice could be heard, with such a note that he really meant it.

"Watch it, jackass!" - the rough voice said, followed by a hitting sound. "Ow, look, students 995, that's us!"

Finally, those two made it to some kind of auditorium. Or rather not two, but... one?.. A tall, well-fed blue-skinned ogre mage with two heads instead of one could be seen in the auditorium. He was wearing no clothes short of brown leather loincloth with a skull symbol drawn on it. Ogre's body could be seen to be covered with various tattoos made with black ink: a skull symbol tattooed on his belly, the same as on his loincloth, but much bigger version of it, with a two blade-like patterns on the sides of it, with a similar pattern starting on his chest and continuing to the arms. Right head had one eye and a had a curious, even a little bit silly look and was observing the place with an open mouth, while the other one looked more concentrated, serious and vicious, also having a tribal-style facial tattoo, having large fangs getting out of his mouth. Indeed, the arcane college attracted various kinds of creatures.

"Oooh..." - the fascinated one-eyed head said while still observing the place.

"Shut up, idiot! Lets go and find ourselves a place to sit!"

"Uh... okay."

Finishing their dialogue, the ogre mage moved to go and take his seat, taking up a lot of place, possibly even bothering his neighbors. The heads started waiting for what was about to happen.

Loki_42
2010-09-13, 01:57 PM
As the scrawny man walked out into the crowd, he made it a point to purposefully bump into a person. "Hey, loser, watch were you're going, man! Snickering to himself he looked out over the crowd trying to locate any suckers he could torture for the rest of this year. He liked what he saw. He then moved into the crowd, but not so far that he couldn't get a clear line of target to the geezer on the stage.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-13, 03:10 PM
The man in brown says "Thank you...Johnson, for that most alacritous proclaimation. Now, with that, I believe we have reached the point where it is time for me to speak. The faculty and I stand here look out here, and some say that you a re nothing more than a band of vagabonds. I see a congregation of great potential, true arcanists. I know that it is intimidating, being here, with so many fresh new faces, but I hope that you will enjoy every day in our fine tangerine halls. Now, I won't bother you with rules and regulations, but I will give you some rules of importance. Never are you to head towards the Deepest Dungeon level, unless you wish a most untimely death. Now, onto the festivaties, in the centeral meeting area. There will be food, and a quick moment to make friends, then you are to report to your dorms, the numbers of which will be given to you as you head down the hall, after the opening party. Now then, in my final words before the long anticipated food, Garble Fharlin, Moot, Twix!"

You then see he and the faculty disappear in a puff of smoke and you find the doors to the central building wide open.

Loki_42
2010-09-13, 03:24 PM
"Damn, too slow too get the old guy. Oh well. And with that, the gnome looks back and wills his magic Alistair casts Grease on the crowd. When he's had his fun, he dashes off into the crowd.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-13, 05:47 PM
@Loki_42
Suddenly the ground beneath a portion of the crowd, you hear the cries of surprise and annoyance as the bodies pile atop the grease like a burning man festival. As people are perched precariously, not wanting to fall over, and the sliding of many others not as coordinated.

hustlertwo
2010-09-13, 06:02 PM
Hecate chuckles a bit as she watches Alistair oil up the front of the crowd. It's fortunate he targeted the sheep in the front, or I'd have to see if that buffoon can catch a magic missile with his teeth. Come on Katie, we have some work to do now.

Jinkies!

And the pair moved off to the building, still clad in a curtain of magical darkness, which Hecate grudgingly dispels when they move inside.

((Can we get the sheets of those involved posted somewhere in this thread?))

Ilmryn
2010-09-13, 07:36 PM
Rather disgrunteled by almost being tripped by grease, and not being able to perform the prank he had planned for the "old guy". Ilmryn decides to have some fun. As he can't spot the true caster of the grease, he decides to target his old enemy, Urlegrag(an NPC, see my characters fluff).
Urlegrag is the target of the Faux Pas spell(see my sheet, the description is on there). Unless he makes a DC 16 will save, he will shout out loudly: "I cast the grease! It is all my fault! Feel free to throw rotten fruit at me."
Presuming he fails his save, he is also the target of a rotten tomato.
Attack roll(for tomato): [roll0]

After this, he heads inside.

Sinfonian
2010-09-13, 07:51 PM
Jonathan smirks at the chaotic scene before him, thankful to have taken a seat far in the back of the crowd. He watches slipping students and (if the prior action took,) flying fruit, knowing it was only the first of many such random occurrences that would happen during his time here. He walks around the crowd and enters the doors of the school to get a meal and to see what new friends he could make.

"Heh, perhaps the people around here might be some fun afterall."

Halna LeGavilk
2010-09-13, 08:18 PM
Abjahruk snorts at the scene. A waste of resources. Fool. He smiles. I wonder what they'll think...

Abjahruk quickly backs off to the edge of the room, and then stands by the door, whispering, disguising it as coughing. If the Truespeak works, a large part of the room is now covered in a sticky substance, including the formerly slippery area. With his work done, Abjahruk turns and walks out of the room.

Truespeak checks vs. DC 19 (10ft/10ft square, with an additional 5ft square adjacent to it)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-13, 08:45 PM
@Ilmyrin: That does work, good show!:smallsmile:

hustlertwo
2010-09-13, 09:09 PM
Hecate's previous amusement has turned to annoyance at the continued shenanigans. Nice as it is to know I apparently won't have any competition standing out from this meager pack, I'm disturbed that with people like this able to pass admissions, perhaps this school isn't as good as I thought. Were the standards for clown college too high, so they ended up here instead? Juvenile antics like this ma-Katie! Really?

The skeleton looks up from where she had been idly carving her name into a wall with her sharpened fingerbone claws.

What?

Hecate merely storms off to the dorm area.

Oh, OK. I guess just pout, then.

Critical
2010-09-14, 08:34 AM
"What trickery is this?!?" - left head yells out in anger.

"Whut? It's fun!" - the right head says, clearly enjoying the scene.

"You idiot! We're all in that sticky thing now! What the hell?!?" - the right head says, getting through the sticky substance to the entrance.

Getting through the stickyness, the one-eyed head laughs and starts chanting some kind of spell, repeatedly, while the more evil head was bashing him for wasting their time.

"You jackass, lets go, we might get into trouble!"

"Whee, magic is fun!" - the silly head says, before the two-headed ogre mage has gone to the next room.

Casting Arcane Mark two times atop of the entrance to the gates close to each other, forming into a "a wizard did it!" sign. :smalltongue:

And I just safely assumed that with Ogre Mage's mass it'd be fairly easy toget through that stuff, correct me if I'm wrong.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-14, 03:07 PM
Ok, so Hecate, as you head out of the lobby towards the dorm you are confronted by a nondescript looking, average wizardly figure say. Ok, before you depart, I'll need your name, so I can determine your room number."

hustlertwo
2010-09-14, 03:34 PM
Hecate is pleased, to finally be making progress towards actually getting something accomplished today. I am Hecate Groundswell, as you uplanders would say it.

Loki_42
2010-09-14, 04:10 PM
Alistair sees the Half-Orc claiming responsability for his prank and thinks to himself "Hmm... another prankster, We'll have to have some fun with that. He then heads out towards the doors and into the school.

Ilmryn
2010-09-14, 05:06 PM
Ilmryn heads into the building. He he he, that bully got what he deserved. The cleanup golem should be busy today... I wonder where my room is?

Note-This is talking. This is thinking.

Sinfonian
2010-09-14, 06:10 PM
Jonathan will set to work in the dining area. Before bothering to get to any of the food, he spends quite a while flitting about from one new student to another. Despite the extreme brevity of each conversation, no more than a few sentences exchanged each way, each person is left feeling much better about him as he leaves. His work, though less flashy or vindictive than the actions he'd seen earlier, is simply laying the foundations for later plans which might prove rather more disruptive.

He is laying the grounds to run for class president!

Diplomancing!: Jonathan will proceed to walk around the dining hall, convincing people that he is the person that people will need to know. He will make use of his Silver Tongue ability from Naberius to both take 10 on and rush Diplomacy checks to a full-round action. That means that every other round, as he uses the intervening ones to move over to new "friends" and begin the new conversation, he works to sell his reputation around the room. For each minute he can keep doing this, he improves his reputation with 5 new people.

Diplomacy check result of (10+16) 26 for each conversation. If people were either Indifferent or Unfriendly to him initially, they are now friendly. Those who would have automatically been hostile to him are now generally apathetic around him. Any who happened to be innately friendly are now willing to help him, these will be used as volunteers for his future campaign.

Jonathan will continue doing this for about 15 minutes or so, or until stopped.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-09-14, 07:05 PM
Abjahruk begins to walk around, before noticing a young woman with a skeleton, talking to a [some-sort of spellcaster wearing beige]. He sidles on over, and listens to Hecate before butting in. "Am I correct in assuming someone speaks Infernal around here?" Abjahruk says, speaking the tongue.

hustlertwo
2010-09-14, 07:25 PM
Hecate looks up at the Truenamer that has approached her, and blushes momentarily, both at the attention and because she has no idea what he's saying, though she does recognize the language. She responds in Common: I...actually don't know any Infernal. It's hard to find language tutors for the profane tongues in the catacombs, since so few dwarves are mages. So my linguistics tend to be more pragmatic for one of the underfolk, like Gnome.

((However, I do realize I didn't give Hecate one of the bonus languages she was entitled to; she has a +3 Int mod, but I think I forgot that Dwarven was an automatic. In the interest of RPing, can she pick up Infernal or something while at the school?))

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-14, 08:36 PM
((However, I do realize I didn't give Hecate one of the bonus languages she was entitled to; she has a +3 Int mod, but I think I forgot that Dwarven was an automatic. In the interest of RPing, can she pick up Infernal or something while at the school?))

OOC: @Hyrule Sure

Halna LeGavilk
2010-09-14, 08:59 PM
Abjahruk nods. "[Terran perhaps?] {Or Undercommon maybe?} Alas, dwarven I have not studied, regretfully, though I do hope, ahem" he smiles "study it here at my tenure with the university."

hustlertwo
2010-09-14, 09:16 PM
The squat female dwarf's blush deepens, as she continues to regard the mage with confusion. I only know Common, Dwarven, Goblin, and Gnome. Not a lot, I suppose, but I really don't like talking to people much, so having different ways to do that wasn't a priority.

Sinfonian
2010-09-14, 10:58 PM
Upon rereading the effects of Naberius, it turns out that it reduces a rushed Diplomacy to a standard, rather than full-round, action. That means Jonathan is making friends at a rate of 10 per minute, rather than just 5.

Critical
2010-09-15, 09:06 AM
So, what's happening to Aggron? Ow, and by the way, can we get an OOC thread here? :smallconfused:

Loki_42
2010-09-15, 02:00 PM
As Alistair moves into the hallway, he sees an illumian and a dwarf. After spying said dwarfs skeleton, he comes up with the perfect plan of action. Turning to Hecate, he says "Hey, baby, wanna bone me?"

Perform comedy roll for that epic joke-[roll0]

hustlertwo
2010-09-15, 02:21 PM
Hecate's eyes roll so fast they threaten to break loose from her head, but she laughs nonetheless. Puns, the truest evil of all. Even I want nothing of their dark power.

She points at the offending jokester. Katie, why don't you give the Smarminator what he wants?

The skeleton pulls a flail from the pack slung over one bony shoulder, and attempts to trip Alistair.

Hey, I guess you want Hecate on her back, and she wants the same for you. Kinky!

[roll0] vs. touch AC

Opposed Strength: [roll1]

Loki_42
2010-09-15, 02:53 PM
AoA-[roll0] Dex check- [roll1]
"Hey, what gives bitch? that was funny" says Alistair as he falls to his face.

Ilmryn
2010-09-15, 03:12 PM
Spotting the scene between the gnome, dwarf and Illumian, Ilmryn decides to watch from the background. This might just turn out to be fun...

Loki_42
2010-09-15, 03:36 PM
Alistair pulls himself up and his eyes blaze as he uses greater mage hand to remove the skeleton of its annoying weapon. Katie is allowed a will save to keep the flail. Also, since I'm not using Somatic Components for it, can I have multiple Mage hands going on at a time?

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-15, 03:46 PM
@Loki_42, do you need to concentrate to keep the hand going? If so, than no. If not, then yes.

Loki_42
2010-09-15, 04:54 PM
Well, I have to concentrate to keep it going, but seeing as how the spell is a move action, I should be able to atleast keep two running at once.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-15, 05:12 PM
@Loki_42Well... I guess. Just as long as this isn't crazy cheese

hustlertwo
2010-09-15, 10:04 PM
This is funny too. What's the matter, is it only amusing when you're the one causing people to fall? Just try not to kill him, Katie. Even with this one, they might look down on it.

Awww....no fun!

AoO for Alistair standing up, at normal AC (since it would be -4 for him being prone, but Katie will be taking -4 on her attack roll to deal nonlethal damage with the flail): [roll0] [roll1]

Will save: [roll2]

Hecate, meanwhile, sighs and decides she's already inadvertently started a fight, so she might as well try to help finish it. Besides, she relishes having a living target for her magic. She selects a minor spell to use here, and suddenly Alistair finds that even in the cool building, he is experiencing the scorching heat of the desert sun, beating down on him without mercy. Sunstroke, take [roll3] nonlethal damage, and roll a Fortitude save (DC 14) to see if you become fatigued. For healing purposes, you'll have to treat the heatstroke this gives you before you can heal the nonlethal damage.

Katie, sparked to anger by Alistair's insults toward her master, now attempts to grapple him and wrestle him into submission after Hecate's spell has manifested.

[roll4] touch [roll5] opposed grapple

Now, if you wish to apologize for interrupting my conversation, we can drop the matter. Or I can have Katie drop you from the building's roof. Your call.

What is an AoA?

Sinfonian
2010-09-16, 02:17 AM
Probably the same as an AoO, but with a typo/brainfart.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-16, 03:04 PM
The man manning the door says "Um...Madame, you can't do that. Now, it is the first day and all, so I'm letting you off with a warning, if this continues, you will be sent to the Headmasters office, and shown there by security. Now please stop, immediately."

Loki_42
2010-09-16, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I meant AoO. also, fort save- [roll0], AoO- [roll1], Non Lethal Damage-1, Opposed Grapple- [roll2]

Alistair fails to make the flail come to him, and then feels a wave of heat. While he feels he's beat most of the problem, he still feel's dazed (That's the heatstroke) and has burns down his skin. As the skeleton reaches out to grab him, he punches out and strikes the smooth bone. As his fist connects and he hears the teacher, he turns to Hecate and says, "Yeah, you better not try anything like that again, baby, you're lucky I was stopped." And then slightly more humbly, "Hey, teach, is there a burn ward nearby?

Halna LeGavilk
2010-09-16, 06:55 PM
Abjahruk sighs and turns to Hecate. "Nice work there. I gotta go, but if you ever need me, I'm Bla-" his speech falters for a moment and his eyes dim. After a fraction of a second, he lights up again. "Caleb. Caleb Ildan."

Abjahruk turns and walks into the dorms, looking to get lost.

OOC: BTW, none of you actually know Abjahruk is an Illumian. Illumians are the same as humans when their sigils are off, which his always are. Sorry that I forgot to mention that!:smallredface:

Sinfonian
2010-09-16, 07:03 PM
Having likely finished his first round of campaigning and gotten a quick bite to eat, Jonathan will also head toward the rooms, to make sure he gets a single room, rather than one with a roommate. A man needs a place where he, and perhaps company can go back to and be 'alone'. Plus, solitude can serve to add an air of mystery, always enticing to the right sort.

OOC:
Edit: I'm apparently having problems with dependent clauses suddenly trying to break off on their own today. Stay with your friends, silly clauses!

hustlertwo
2010-09-16, 09:46 PM
Actually, you didn't get an AoO for the trip attempt, since it was with a weapon. Nor would you now, unless you have Improved Unarmed Strike. Yeah, I know, even in campaigns it's hard for me to turn off the Rule Fu that's such a part of D&D PvP.

Hecate sneers at her impromptu antagonist as she departs.

I'm terrified, Greaseball. All of your fail might have been contagious. Have fun when that burn starts to peel!

Katie says nothing to her opponent, letting her skinless fingers (or rather, just the one finger) do her talking.

Then she remembers the man she had been chatting with beforehand, and tries (and fails) to regain her composure after feeling the adrenaline of conflict.

Good to meet you, Caleb! Toodle-oo!

She then bolts away, embarrassed beyond measure, with Katie close behind.

Did you just say too-

I'm trying to outrun the shame of it. Hard to do with these short legs.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-17, 05:08 AM
@hustlertwo: The man yells "Madam! You don't know your room number! Head to 734 CV!"

A man needs a place where he, and perhaps company can go back to and be 'alone'. Plus, solitude can serve to add an air of mystery, always enticing to the right sort.
@Sinfonian: The man says "I'm sorry, but there aren't any single rooms, anywhere, fully stocked, booked, and every cranny filled. What's your name, so I can determine your room number.

Critical
2010-09-17, 07:30 AM
"Fully stocked?!" - the two heads yell at once, then walk up to the booking man.

"Aggron Stonebreaker, we are..." - the angry head says. - "And what is there to do when I'm in?"

Sinfonian
2010-09-17, 11:44 AM
Jonathan takes the news in stride, trying to come up something on the fly. He does what he can to get the man on his side before he tries to get his way.

"I understand you're just doing your job. Can't hold that against you in the least. I can tell you're a man who's good at his job."

Taking 10 on Diplomacy check via Silver Tongue (also reduced to standard action):
10+16=26

"However, you haven't heard? You're supposed to make a room of three people so that I can have a room of my own. Terrible sleep disorder, you're supposed to make accommodations for it. Decision comes from up top. Happened this morning. Surprised you don't know already."

Taking 10 on the Bluff check via Silver Tongue:
10+17= 27

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-17, 01:54 PM
"Well, I'm terribly sorry, I didn't know student, I'll check the books to reaffirm your statement after looking up the Aggron's." He looks at the book, then back up at the gathering of you 4 with surprise. "Oh dear. Well, this is odd isn't it? Can I ask the names of the remaining 3 of you, this might just concern all of you."

Loki_42
2010-09-17, 02:03 PM
"My name is Alistair Mud, and I think I asked about a burn ward?! Can't you people even protect your students?!

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-17, 02:09 PM
The man presses a button and you notice that a person now stands before you, he is an old man wearing a set of mauve cloak with long greying white hair stand before you. He has a cheerful look in his eye, and a purple eye tattoo on his forehead. He notices your now red skin and says "Oh my, welcome arcane disciple to our fine academy, now then, what seems to be the issue, on this wonderful first day of arcane tutelage, I am Sir Bedevere, the Chaplain and hospital of this fine school".

Loki_42
2010-09-17, 02:12 PM
"That crazy dwarf bitch in 734 CV and her skeleton just went berserk and fried me! Really, this isn't how one expects to be treated on his first day, now is it?"

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-17, 02:17 PM
"Of course not" says Sir Bedevere humbly, "Now one moment, this might sting a little". He mutters and places his hands upon your shoulder, and you feel the spells affects slowly sink away, as if it never happened.

Loki_42
2010-09-17, 02:24 PM
"Ah, damn, next time warn me if it's going to sting. Now wheres my room?" Alistair turns to the man giving out room numbers and stares him down.

Sinfonian
2010-09-17, 03:51 PM
"I am Jonathan Johnson, and the information may be too new to be yet in the books, but I assure you that I am to be given a single room. If it isn't in yet, you should add it yourself, just to get things up to date."

((I suppose I might as well go for gold, and actually roll some dice for once))

Bluff Check
[roll0]

((Edit: And this is why I try to avoid rolling))

Ilmryn
2010-09-17, 04:24 PM
My name is Ilmryn Rath'Ulvantey. I also wish to know where my room might be located.
He raises his head, giving the man a piercing glance with his red eyes.
Also, I had better not be sharing a room with that half-orc, Urlegrag.

hustlertwo
2010-09-17, 09:58 PM
((Are we waiting for everyone to get their rooms before continuing? And I agree with whoever said we need a OOC thread, it might indeed be a good idea. Not just for the chatter, but also because we kinda need somewhere with everyone's sheet visible, unless you want us not to know what each other has (which is possible, since we aren't exactly a party or anything) ))

Critical
2010-09-18, 07:11 AM
"Us now! We want a sole room! If it's not sole, the neighbour would be, most likely, thrown out! Get it?!" - the left head said to the man, stomping with his hand on the table.

"Heh heh... Thrown out..." - the right head giggled about something.

"Shut up, you idiot!" - the left one said, adressing the one on the right.

Ilmryn
2010-09-18, 10:45 AM
((Are we waiting for everyone to get their rooms before continuing? And I agree with whoever said we need a OOC thread, it might indeed be a good idea. Not just for the chatter, but also because we kinda need somewhere with everyone's sheet visible, unless you want us not to know what each other has (which is possible, since we aren't exactly a party or anything) ))

OOC: seconded. I find myself forgetting what everyone is playing at times; It would be nice to see the sheets somewhere.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-09-18, 06:59 PM
Caleb stalks up to the nearest student aid. "My name's Caleb Ildan. Room number please?"

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-19, 01:08 PM
OOC: Excellent point made by all, will be setting up OOC thread, will be up today/tommorow.

"Well...Oh my, this is probably a technical goof, but. All 5 of you, along with the Miss that just past earlier, are all in the same room, in the 2nd floor, extra large co-ed suite, 734...CV. This is most confusing in every regard. I'm sure it'll be fixed, but for now, you all have the same dorm. We apologize for the inconvienience."

OOC thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9386408#post9386408)

hustlertwo
2010-09-19, 01:17 PM
Hecate opens the door to the room, and notices that it is not the two-person domicile she expected.

More people...no good can come from this.

Ilmryn
2010-09-19, 02:24 PM
Oh, well. I'm fine as long as I don't have to put up with Urlegrag. Ilmryn heads to the room to unpack.

Critical
2010-09-19, 03:19 PM
"It'd better be extra large indeed." - left head says, and the ogre turns to his roommates. - "Well, I believe, we'll have to put up with each other for a while... I'm Aggron Stonebreaker, an ogre tribe leader. And who might you all be?"

hustlertwo
2010-09-19, 03:26 PM
Hecate responds without looking up at the new entries, from where her and Katie are spreading and sorting her belongings along her section of the living space. Save it until everyone gets here. I don't want to address you peons more than once.

Critical
2010-09-19, 03:30 PM
"Call us a peon again and you'll suffer, woman. Though, you do have a point." - Aggron said, starting to sort out his stuff in turn waiting for the others.

Sinfonian
2010-09-19, 03:34 PM
Jonathan masks his disappointment at having to share a room with not one, but five other people. He keeps his face still as he tries to see someway to turn this to his advantage, but fails to think of one. Damn! I need to find a way to turn this toward my advantage until I can find a way out. He turns toward his, suppressing a shudder just thinking about it, "roommates" and says.

"I'm Jonathan. Pleased to meet all of you. I'm quite certain we will find a way to live together as good friends."

He will then head off toward his...no, their room, trying not to mope.

hustlertwo
2010-09-19, 06:28 PM
Hecate responds angrily to Aggron, slowly looking up as she does so. I already had to shut down one mouthy punk today, do we need to tackle...another...one.

She regards the two-headed ogre mage with shock and curiosity.

Well, you must have been the biggest one in your class. But I wonder, which one of you is in charge?

Critical
2010-09-20, 08:11 AM
"Me!" "Me!"

The heads look at each other for a brief second getting all mad, while the intimidating head sighed.

"Okay, we're equal." - he said, and the silly head turned away. In turn, the other head sent Hecate a wink, probably meaning, that he's the one in charge.

Loki_42
2010-09-20, 04:40 PM
"Whooh, Co-Ed Dorm, Yeah! Ladies, Alistair Mud is here, don't worry!" The gnome walks into the dorm and eyes up everyone. "Ah, ****"

hustlertwo
2010-09-20, 05:28 PM
You!

Katie makes an unearthly sound that might have been a growl, if she had a throat to use in making one.

C'mon Heck, can't we take the kid gloves off and go for blood this time? Pwetty pwease?

Hecate considers it, and shrugs.

Tempting, but probably not a good idea. It's a stretch, but there might actually be someone, somewhere, who would miss him.

Sinfonian
2010-09-20, 05:39 PM
Jonathan stands by the door, taking in the statements by the gnome, dwarf, and skeleton.

"Awkward..."

Putting that aside, he moves around the ogre mage and goes to choose a bed.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-09-20, 07:13 PM
Abjahruk Steps into the room, and looks around, disinterested. "Great...." he says, before he spies Hecate and smiles. "Ah, hello Hecate. Didn't think we'd be rooming together."

hustlertwo
2010-09-20, 10:11 PM
Uh...hello again, Caleb. Nice to see you...? Hecate looks at herself in her nearby mirror, as if shocked such banal small talk was coming from her.

Katie waves wildly at Caleb.

Hi again, nice guy we talked to before the random fight broke out!

Loki_42
2010-09-21, 04:20 PM
Alistair sighs and says "Okay, well, I guess we have to choose beds right? I'll take this one" He sets his stuff down at a corner bed and begins assembling his Alchemist's set.

Ilmryn
2010-09-21, 05:26 PM
"Hmm... This may become interesting." Ilmryn takes the bed in the other corner and unpacks his stuff. On the shelf next to the bed, he heaps up some miscelaneous magical supplies and two books. One of them, titled Treatise on the Theory and Practice of Crossbow Use looks unusually bulky.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-21, 08:33 PM
So as you settle down at the moment, you come to look at the room around you instead of looking at your "peers" with mixed feelings. The room seems more than large enough to cope with you and your emotional baggage, with space to spare. The walls are of a plain grey stone, with an intricately carved, beautiful window exposing the courtyard, which from above looks even more lush and green than before. The rooms are covered with a generally simple wooden floor,the beds are lined up against the walls, they too relatively plain, with tannish white sheets and all other things similar to a Final Fantasy inn. Except of course, for one thing, the mirror, on the leften most wall, right over the middle bed, it has a purple frame and has a reflection of the most enhanced detail.

hustlertwo
2010-09-21, 10:03 PM
Hecate suddenly realizes something is missing. Where am I supposed to change? Or for that matter, all of you?

Loki_42
2010-09-22, 04:42 PM
"Well, you can change right in the middle of the room, we won't stop you."

Halna LeGavilk
2010-09-22, 05:37 PM
Abjahruk sighs. "Well, you can bah bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh." He says, mocking Alistair. "Words are precious. You waste yours on stupid jokes and inanity. I would suggest not doing that."

Ilmryn
2010-09-22, 06:39 PM
There aught to be a bathroom somewhere.
If not, the administration is up for a surprise...he he he.

Sinfonian
2010-09-22, 10:04 PM
Jonathan lounges on his bed, but suddenly looks shocked when notified about the bathroom situation. He puts that concern aside, knowing for sure that it will certainly be handled by someone else.

He considers what Abjahruk says, and replies to him, doing so in a way that emphasizes his unnaturally gravelly voice.

"I couldn't agree with you more...Caleb, was it? Words are certainly things of power, underestimated by most. Those who know how to use them benefit greatly."

He then stands and addresses the dwarf and skeleton, speaking in much more measured tones.
"Ladies, I'm sure things will work out for the best. Should accommodations need to be made, I will happily help you talk to whomever needs to be contacted. Let me know what you require of me, even if it be nothing."

He bows to them, and will head back out of the room, tossing a wave as he does so.
"If you all excuse me, I think I'll take some time to wander about the school and explore our new home. Anyone who cares to come is welcome."

hustlertwo
2010-09-22, 10:45 PM
Hecate is momentarily torn by the invitation, but her goth roots ultimately prevail. Thanks. But we'll pass. Not big on the group scene. Just going to stay here and get my part of this little area closer to livable. She then hands Katie a poster of her favorite group, The Cure (Potions), to hang up.

Loki_42
2010-09-23, 07:05 AM
Alistair look up from his corner and ponders for a moment. "I think I'll come with you, there are some things we can discuss." And with that the gnome stands up and follows Jonathan.

Critical
2010-09-23, 08:23 AM
Aggron shrugs. "Uh, sure. The biggest bed is ours, though." - one of the head says and the ogre mage follows Jonathan.

Loki_42
2010-09-23, 11:54 AM
"Ah, good, the ogre is coming too. We might have use for him too."

Ilmryn
2010-09-23, 05:23 PM
Hrmph. I'll come along too. I want to know what the layout of the campus is as well.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-23, 09:12 PM
So the 4 of you set out to wander the campus "together", so you set out of the room and head down the stairs, arriving on the lobby once more, the food no longer present, you find it quite barren, the large purple rug now all that takes area over this vast room other than the hearth and various chairs composed of odd looking materials, and velvet. You see 2 doors, one vast main door that you recall leads outdoors, and another that leads down a hallway, the hall decorated in torches glowing a friendly light blue.

What do you wish to do?

Loki_42
2010-09-24, 02:24 PM
Alistair turns to Jonathan and says: "Hey, come talk to me for a minute."

Sinfonian
2010-09-24, 04:17 PM
Jonathan looks down at the gnome quizzically, not expecting such a question. He shrugs and looks to the other two saying,
"You guys hold up just a minute, then we'll pick this back up. Figure out where you want to head next, I don't really care. I just wanted to look around the place."

He nods toward a couple of chairs seated in the lobby and sits down in one. Not waiting for his companion to also take a seat, he removes his trusty mandolin by his side and begins to pluck out a tune, fully expecting to be bored by whatever his roommate would have to say, as well as to distract from the sound of their voices.

Perform: [roll0]

He looks back over to the gnome, unconcernedly playing on as he waits for him to say what was on his mind.

Sinfonian
2010-09-24, 04:18 PM
((And checking for grammar errors proves once again to be my downfall, thesis writing has gotten me in the habit of triple-checking everything.))

Perform check again [roll0]

Jonathan thinks the tune sounds pretty good.

Loki_42
2010-09-24, 05:45 PM
"Look, I can tell some things about you. I saw you going and talking to those people. You're a manipulator. And you know what, that doesn't make you much different than me. The only difference is that you use friendship to make people like you, and I just simply don't have the time for that. But I can do jokes. People like my jokes. They have morals. If someone is doing something they shouldn't be doing, I tell one of my jokes. And then they just laugh and laugh, once they start laughing, they just don't stop. But too the point, I could use someone like you for a little plan I've got going. What do you say, Are you in?"

Sinfonian
2010-09-24, 06:22 PM
"Three questions: What's your angle? What would you need me to do? But most importantly, what can you do for me?"

Loki_42
2010-09-24, 06:41 PM
"Oh, my angle is simple. How would you be interested in taking over the school? All I would need you to do is be the face for the movement. Talk to people, make them understand our side. When it comes time to run for student council, I want you to run to get us some political power. And as for your last question, You'll be the face of the movement, the defacto leader. Your gonna be one of the main decision maker's no matter what, and that's my offer. What's your answer?

Sinfonian
2010-09-24, 06:54 PM
"I'll think about it and get back to you."

He stops playing and stands up from the chair, walking back to the elf and ogre mage.

"So where are we going, gentlemen?"

Ilmryn
2010-09-24, 07:44 PM
We've already seen the outside, so I suggest going down the hall.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-09-24, 10:50 PM
Caleb tosses his meager bag on the nearest open bed. "I'm gonna go check out the library, and probably get something to eat."

Sinfonian
2010-09-26, 01:55 PM
Jonathan nods to the elf, and starts down the corridor, making small talk as he goes.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-26, 06:32 PM
So you head down the bluish hall to the left Jonathan, and you see that at the end of it, is a bend, leading downwards at a very slow decline, the ramp extends down for some distance, and you can see various branching corridors formed, extending left ways, and right ways, and up ways, and down ways, square ways...Any ways you can think of really.

Ilmryn
2010-09-26, 07:35 PM
Realizing this may lead toward the Deepest Dungeon, Ilmryn readies an action to cast invisibility on himself should anything go wrong.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-27, 01:53 PM
Caleb tosses his meager bag on the nearest open bed. "I'm gonna go check out the library, and probably get something to eat."
You spend sometime looking for the library and find it nowhere. Noticing you, a construct dressed in an elegant, crisp, paint of black and white "Greetings student. Is there anything you need assistance with?"

Halna LeGavilk
2010-09-27, 06:34 PM
Abjahruk nods. "Yes, sir. I am in need of the library. It is available to the freshmen, correct?"

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-27, 06:57 PM
"Why yes it is. All I can state is this, the library is where ever you wish it." After the robots cryptic answer he carries what feels like a warm, mischievious smile, though you can't truly be certain, given his placid, emotionless face. "Now, how may I further service the inquisitive master?

Critical
2010-09-28, 02:39 PM
Both heads of the two-headed ogre mage yawn at the same time. "Does this academy have something to do anyway?" "Well, how about we go back to that secretary guy and find out?"

Halna LeGavilk
2010-09-28, 08:58 PM
Abjahruk smiles back. "As long as that means I don't have to cast the wishing spell. Thank you, sir." With that, he walks off, to the other side of campus, and walks up to the nearest open door. He whispers, "I wish the Library were beyond this door." With that, he whisks open the door.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-29, 07:08 PM
Abjahruk smiles back. "As long as that means I don't have to cast the wishing spell. Thank you, sir." With that, he walks off, to the other side of campus, and walks up to the nearest open door. He whispers, "I wish the Library were beyond this door." With that, he whisks open the door.

You open the door and you see lying behind it, a library that reaches a grand horizon line, it's dark, lit only by blue torches lining the walls, the smell of paper and undusted shelves lies thick with the air, each tome adding its own distinct air to the aroma. Arcane power seems to permeate the hall itself, from the number of scrolls and treatise forged long ago on matters of mind shattering complexity, and world shattering power.

Truly, to you, this can be equated to an Eden of linguistics and phrases, each word calling out to you in there tiny, imaginary voices. You also notice, what appears to be, a floating book by a decently sized counter, its a green leather with shimmering golden pages, with a purple tassel. It seems to be looking over some papers and note cards. What do you wish to do?

Halna LeGavilk
2010-09-30, 06:20 PM
Abjuhrak's mouth falls open, and he stands there for a moment, twitching. He begins to breath rapidly, and his illumian sigils pulse and begin to shine rapidly. The sensory overload almost manages to destroy him, but a second before it does, he shuts down his sigils and falls to his knees as he begins swearing in infernal, whispering something about a &#&^# headache.

He stands back up, rubbing the back of his head, and turns to the book. "Do you have any treatises on magical language, or how language effects arcana and vice versa?"

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-30, 10:22 PM
The leather tome announces in a deep voice that echoes throughout the hall with a sense of power in its syllables.

"WHO DARE DISTRUBS THE MIGHTY LEXICON?! I AM TO CATEGORIZE EVERYONE OF THESE CARDS BY SIZE WEIGHT INFORMATION AND NUMBER, A TIME CONSUMING THING EVEN FOR ONE AS MY SELF! SO I HOPE YOUR NEEDS ARE OF SOME GREAT JEOPARDY AND PERIL FOR IF NOT YOU HAVE WASTED MY TIME, AND IF YOU MUST KNOW, THE LINGUISTICS TOMES ARE IN AISLE 709, SERIAL NUMBER 7091222204785431.99999999Q -7091222204785431.99999999ALPHA."

OOC: You can make an Intelligence check to remember all those details concerning the serial #.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-10-01, 10:24 PM
Abjuhrak lets his sigils loose for a moment, and attempts to remember the numbers.

[roll0]

ExtravagantEvil
2010-10-02, 07:55 AM
OOC: You manage to remember the numbers, and even then it is a tiny bit fuzzy out of the complex length, but still enough to remember where to go.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-10-03, 07:03 PM
Abjuhrak quickly walks over to the section and begins browsing over the books to look for anything interesting or potent.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-10-04, 08:27 PM
You head over towards the section as fast as your legs bother to move, and you swiftly give an intent search of the section, you find one of particular interest, The collected works of Mystic Linguist Farloon Albix, M.D.

Sinfonian
2010-10-05, 01:54 PM
Having wandered aimless among corridors of classrooms, Jonathan remarks to his companions that he is bored of wandering and begins to head back to the room.

Loki_42
2010-10-05, 02:08 PM
"Yeah, screw this." says Alistair as he walks back to the dorm.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-10-05, 02:26 PM
So you steadily wander back to your dorm, seeing various students of various species and creeds, but you notice something as you pass, in the hall that leads to the stairs of the second floor, you see a giant, glittering bulletin board, only is it one day in, and you see papers decorating it like military badges, what do you wish to do?

Critical
2010-10-05, 04:17 PM
The two-headed ogre mage comes up to the board and starts looking up something interesting with a curious look on his face, this time, both of them.

Ilmryn
2010-10-05, 05:10 PM
Ilmryn decides that the board may hold something interesting, and decides to take a look.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-10-05, 06:28 PM
Abjuhrak quickly takes the book out and begins to leaf through the book, giving it a brief read over.

ExtravagantEvil
2010-10-06, 10:29 PM
@Persons examining board: You find an unusual amount of advertisements for teams and clubs dotting the board, one is displaying a particularly graphic based sign for "Arcane Football" Try outs, and an announcement concerning Student elections (From what you can see, it starts 3 weeks from now, and you should find the "Mrs. Beliag" for more details).

@Halna A mild reading shows that he has various theories regarding the mystic concepts of languages, some interestingly dubbed articles are "Infernal Diction, and the Power of the Hellish potentates", "Draconis Valis Sontaiusellvix" (Dragons, a study on their language and sorcerous souls), and "Names", a treatise on name recognition in infants and arcane power brought on as a result

hustlertwo
2010-10-06, 11:06 PM
Hecate hears the commotion and eventually elbows her way to the board as well.

Critical
2010-10-07, 08:46 AM
"Hey, how about seeing what's that arcane football thing, since we have nothing better to do? Sounds FUN!" - the silly one-eyed head commented while observing the board and then turned to the rest of the party to hear their answer.

The other head covers his face with his palm, but doesn't seem to say anything else this time.

Loki_42
2010-10-07, 10:32 AM
Alistair glances over the student elections poster and mentally stores the name "Mrs. Beliag"

hustlertwo
2010-10-07, 02:33 PM
After looking at the board, Hecate silently memorizes the information regarding both the 'football' and the elections, seeing both as an opportunity to cause people pain, and thus desirable.

Ilmryn
2010-10-07, 03:48 PM
Ilmryn decides to examine the opportunity of student elections. He also makes a mental note to check out the tryouts; although he doesn't want to participate, seeing his fellow students in a pile on top of a ball might be amusing.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-10-07, 06:16 PM
Abjuhrak returns to the floating book. "Do you have anything else by Farloon Albix? And would you happen to have anything on the dwarven language?"

ExtravagantEvil
2010-10-07, 06:30 PM
@ Halna
The lexicon casts an air as if it is gazing at you, after a swift moment of processing your response it says
"THE DWARVEN LANGUAGE IS IN AISLES 739.817245L - 750.908751H. FARLOON ALBIX IS IN MY LAST INFORMATIVE STATEMENT,
AND IN THE AISLE OF IRREDEEMABLE EVIL!
(12300.y75209u5), AND REQUIRES TEACHER'S PERMISSION FOR ACCESS, IN WRITING! THIS IS ALL THE LEXICON WILL SAY ON THE GIVEN TOPIC!

Sinfonian
2010-10-08, 09:12 PM
Intrigued by both of the possibilities offered by the advertisements on the board, Jonathan resolves to see Mr. Beliag tomorrow.

Having examined the board, Jonathan turns to his roommates and says to the group "Well, I think that this will be an interesting place to be around after all."

After speaking, he will return to the room and return to relaxing on his bed, again strumming his mandolin idly.

Perform: [roll0]

Halna LeGavilk
2010-10-10, 03:07 PM
Abjuhrak nods and bows to the Lexicon, and quickly tries to store the numbers, sigils flaring once again.

Int:
[roll0]

hustlertwo
2010-10-10, 03:31 PM
Hecate addresses the strumming mage as he returns to the room.

So, did you discover anything interesting about our roommates during your tour?

Sinfonian
2010-10-10, 09:24 PM
((This assumes that Jonathan and Hecate are the only ones in the room for the moment, with at least a few seconds of privacy.))

Jonathan answers, without pausing his playing, answers the dwarf.
"Not particularly, but of course there's only so much you can learn from small talk. Though some small talk may only lead to trouble. That's the sort I want no part of.

I will say that there's something about the ogre mage that I can't help but like. There's something to admire about the zest for life that half of them has, and something about the resentment of that by the other half that makes it all the better.

I hope you had a decent time on your own. Same to you, Katie."

Jonathan thinks that there wasn't much he could do to influence the skeleton, but given its seeming willingness to do violence on short notice, there was no harm in trying to be in its good graces.

hustlertwo
2010-10-10, 11:01 PM
Hecate smiles at the thought of the unusual mage they'll be sharing their room with.

Yes, I expected the unexpected when I came here, but the argumentative dual-headed ogre mage was still a surprise. And I did enjoy my time alone; it looks like it'll be hard to come by now, so best to grab it when possible. As for Katie, her insufferable optimism means she pretty much enjoys everything she does.

Well, when the alternative is sitting around in a crypt decomposing, even dull days aboveground are cheery by comparison.

Sinfonian
2010-10-12, 11:49 PM
Jonathan looks at the dwarf questioningly,

"So what is it that you plan to get out of this?"

hustlertwo
2010-10-13, 12:01 AM
Hecate grins darkly and clenches a fist.

Power. Dwarven mages are rare, and skilled ones even more so. A little tutelage, some private experimentation, my own natural aptitude...I will go back to those dank caverns and drag my pathetic clan to glory, whether they like it or not. How about you?

Sinfonian
2010-10-13, 02:38 AM
Jonathan shrugs as much as one can while playing a mandolin, though his tune switches to something slightly quicker paced.

"There are many reasons, and a story for each. But to make many stories short, the common thread is that I want to know more of what I can do, what I am capable of. There's something more to be had, and I want to find it.

I also happen to like dealing with new people. Everyone new is a friend waiting to be made. Case in point, I made connections with about 100 new people today, many of whom might be inclined to help me in the future."

I wonder how many people he had a chance to influence earlier, as I outlined before. 1 standard action for each diplomacy check then use the move action to move along to the next person. I figured about 15 minutes of the schmoozing, means 900 seconds or 150 rounds. Best case scenario 150 people then influenced. On the other hand, there could well have not been that many people there, or that he might have missed some.

hustlertwo
2010-10-13, 08:10 AM
It sounds like what you seek is not that different from my own goal. You've just chosen a way to achieve it that's disappointingly low on arcane eviscerations.

Loki_42
2010-10-14, 04:34 PM
Alistair heads for the room, reaching for the handle then stops. He decides to spend some more time walking the halls. Maybe he can find some trouble to cause.

Ilmryn
2010-10-14, 05:15 PM
Ilmryn is becoming a little bored, he starts wandering around in search of something interesting.

Sinfonian
2010-10-21, 02:43 AM
((Posting in an effort to not have this be the fourth game to die on me this month))

Assuming nothing more of note happens (and that the hour is not horrifically early): Jonathan will retire to bed for the evening having had an important day, with an even more important one tomorrow. Surely the first day of classes would hold many opportunities and pleasant experiences.

He will bid any of his roommates who are in the room a good night before tucking his head underneath a pillow, rolling over, and going to sleep.

hustlertwo
2010-10-21, 03:06 PM
Hecate also retires. Katie, who has no need for sleep, simply rests her bones nearby, watching over her recalcitrant master.

Ilmryn
2010-10-22, 11:57 AM
Ilmryn will attempt to find the library before he goes to sleep.