PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favorite character(s)?

Gd8908
2010-09-12, 09:50 PM
Write a list of your six favorite characters. Here's mine:

1::elan: Elan. He is so freakin hilarious!!!!! :smallbiggrin:

2::belkar: He is awesome too but annoying sometimes.

3::roy: I love his sarcasm.

4::haley: I love when she swindles people. When Haley and Elan started a relationship it was pretty hilarious some of the time (if you remember).

5::vaarsuvius: V's gender is always funny. His pranks are hilarious!

6::durkon: Let's face it: He's probably the most boring guy in the party, not to diss him or anything, but a third of the time I forget about him almost totally. Plus, his accent's annoying.

Capt Spanner
2010-09-13, 09:34 AM
1. Vaarsuvius: Apart from the fact she is behind my favourite running gag* I enjoy the moral grey area V spends most of her time in, and applaud Rich's decision to have her assess this and try to come up with a more solid moral framework for herself.
* I prepared Explosive Runes this morning.

2. Belkar: Belkar can always be relied upon to make sure the comic doesn't get too serious, and he makes a great foil for the entire rest of the party.

3. Miko: Yes, Miko. If I met her in person I'd probably hate her too, but she's a fictional character. Apart from finding the interaction between her and Roy hilarious, I also thought she was an immensely tragic character. It was her undying loyalty that was her undoing and it was fascinating to watch.

4. MitD: Childlike innocence, mixed with super strength = win.

5. O-Chul: Like I need a reason.

6. Lirian: For being massively awesome in Start of Darkness.

Zevox
2010-09-13, 12:01 PM
1) :belkar: - Funniest thing in the strip.
2) :redcloak: - For his backstory, development, critical role in the story, and generally being a more sympathetic villain, certainly compared to the rest of the comic's villains.
3) :vaarsuvius: - Kind of a mix of Belkar and Redcloak's reasons, actually. I like her humor a lot (explosive runes, screwing with Belkar, "the size of an explosion," etc), and also the story and character development she has recently gone through (and is still going through, as development goes).
4) :roy: - For his sarcastic, snarky humor about the madness that routinely surrounds him.
5) :xykon: - He's like Belkar, only more powerful but not around as often.

I'm not really sure who to put as a sixth, and a top 5 seems more of a round number than a top 6 anyway, so I'll stop there.

Zevox

Themrys
2010-09-13, 12:40 PM
:roy: Its kind of cute how he cares about Haley not being molested by the rest of the group (although she herself doesn't seem to care too much), and it is even more cute how he realizes that he was thinking with his "trouser titan" after he donned the belt of gender-change.
Overall, he is a good man, or at least tries to be.

:haley: I like her chuckle (or whatever "tee hee" means) and her pathologic lying is funny.

:durkon: His awful lawfulness is funny. And his fear of trees. And his absolute trust in Thor, while Thor doesn't seem to care about him. (Although that's kind of sad, too)

:miko: I don't want to meet her or someone like her in real life, but she is a good fictional character. Very tragic.

:vaarsuvius: I have to admit, I liked how (s)he disintegrated that evil Samurai.
Sometimes, someone has to do what has to be done.

:elan: He is cute, and with his dashing swordsman skills, he is even funny sometimes. However, I hate his stupidity.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-13, 12:53 PM
:thog: He's funny and he hasn't become too trite and overused like some of the main characters.

littlekKID
2010-09-13, 01:13 PM
1. Elan's dad
2. :redcloak:
3. :xykon:
4. :elan:
5. :nale:
6. :vaarsuvius:
7. :roy:
8. :haley:
9. O-Chul
10. :roach:

Crisis21
2010-09-13, 01:15 PM
1) :roy: Why? Because for all his faults, Roy embodies everything I like about heroes. He has a sense of responsibility even when given every opportunity and reason to not be with no repercussions (like in Celestia), he can play both the straight man and deliver one-liners with the best of them, and he actively tries to live up to the heroic ideal (Lawful/Good) in the spirit, not just the letter, and is willing to admit when he's screwed it up. Yeah, there's more reason's I like him, but those are the top three I find most important.

2) :redcloak: Honestly, Redcloak is a masterpiece of a villain. Xykon is a really good depiction of the Big Bad, but Redcloak's backstory catapulted him into my list of all-time favorite villains and he's not going anywhere.

3) :elan: What's not to like? The guy is a walking goofball who still manages to not only survive in a fairly high-level campaign but also be a positively contributing member of the team.

4) http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/trytoguess/O-Chul.png Do I really need a reason? After Miko, O-Chul was a much needed reminder of what a paladin was supposed to be like. And he was done so well that I honestly will never play a paladin for I would never manage to rise to the bar the O-Chul has set. The guy managed to find sympathy for the single worst paladin ever, who brought shame to his order and managed to personally produce the deux ex machina that let Xykon survive Azure City, Miko. I don't think I could have done that.

5) :miko: Speaking of Miko, I really like her as a concept and a character and feel she was masterfully done. Why do I feel this way? Because I hate her guts as a person.

6):mitd: Like Elan, what's not to like? The.... whatever.. is gold in this comic, hands down.

pflare
2010-09-13, 02:01 PM
1.):redcloak: His backstory is tragic and makes him almost human (although he'd be pissed if he heard anyone say that :smalltongue: )
2) :vaarsuvius: I like the grey area she lives in. I like the fall and the attempted atonement
3.) :miko: I really enjoyed the fall from paladinhood (only partially because she was such a collosal asshat) and that she never got the chance at redemption
4.) :haley: I like her complicated past
5.) :roy: who doesn't love a hero
6.) :belkar: the little psycho makes me laugh

Gandariel
2010-09-13, 02:39 PM
1 http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/trytoguess/O-Chul.png
he's exactly as a paladin should be, really something you admire. he's terribly serious and mature, with lines like "this is the task the Twelve Gods have given to me- to endure"
Anyway he also scored one of my favourite punchlines in the comic:
"how did you get this spell list?
One saving throw a time"

2 :vaarsuvius: how not to love her? i like her charachter development, and her "internal" discussions with Blackwing. Terribly serious during, for example, the fight with the dragon (we're all in the monster manual somewhere, aren't we?), but also very funny with things like "Guess what spell i cast before giving this to the bird" and "as the size of an explosion increases..."

3 :nale: For the few times in which he appeared, i LOVED him.
I like his place in the comic, which is very similar to Team Rocket in Pokemon... (always Thunderbolted down in the end, but so damn funny)
and i personally like how his brilliant theorical schemes always fail in practice.

these are my best.
i like very much Elan but i don't really like Belkar. I find Roy a very straightforward charachter, haley is quite funny at times, and durkon, sadly, hasn't found his place in the comic.
Xykon is fun too, and i'll be able to comment Redcloak when i'll have read SoD (even though he's not bad anyway).

Nimrod's Son
2010-09-13, 09:52 PM
6::durkon: Let's face it: He's probably the most boring guy in the party, not to diss him or anything, but a third of the time I forget about him almost totally. Plus, his accent's annoying.
...And yet he's your sixth favourite character in the whole comic? :smallconfused:

Valifor
2010-09-13, 11:14 PM
...And yet he's your sixth favourite character in the whole comic? :smallconfused:

he seemed pretty determined to keep the order in his top 6 for some reason...

OrcBoy
2010-09-14, 04:07 AM
What is wrong with everyone?

#1... Juilo Scoundrel!

As for the other five runners up (not that they matter)

2) Therkla, complex though somewhat short lived.

3) Lord Shojo who out smarted them all with an NPC class.

4) Red Cloak, cause he knows how much paladin's suck.

5) Hayley, who proved there can be honour among theives

6) Roy, who puked on a paladin http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0430.html

Nilan8888
2010-09-14, 10:32 AM
1. RedCloak -- He's a well done villian who's not quite so easy to judge.

2. Vaarsuvius -- his arc as of last year has really propelled V into the top-tier ranks.

3. Elan -- Elan has had a lot of surprising development from where he was as he's had to deal with a lot of things thrown at him. Yes he's dumb, but it works in the characters favor as his love of everything shines through situations where smarter characters would stumble.

4. Therakla -- I thought she was fantastically done from beginning to end. On some level the misguided schoolgirl, but with a great exit from the series.

5. Haley -- It's been a while since Haley's character has really undergone major issues... I think the strip where she killed her rival had a lot of potential for new things but word has it a bonus strip blunts that a fair bit by giving her an added motive that I think would have worked better otherwise (I think it would have been far more compelling if it wasn't so clear Buzzock et all were going to go back on thier deal, meaning Haley's paranoia was driving her to do very bad things even if the people happened to deserve it -- from what I've heard the bonus strip justifies her act more which I don't find as interesting). Still, back when she was dealing with her feelings for Elan her character was the best of the best.

6. The Mother (Black) Dragon -- I know her appearance was brief and served only one function, but WHAT an appearance. Her monologues were spot on in her hate for V and both her entry and exit from the story was compelling.

7. Miko -- Yes, I too dislike her in terms of who she was, but she was very well done for what she did. And she had just as good an exit from the comic as Therakla if not better.

That's mostly it. Xykon gets a lot of points for his Joker-like perspective on things... his monologue on power was very, very good, but in the final analysis he is more of a vehicle for conflict than not for me. I know a lot of people like Roy and he's a great POV character, but really I do find his personal story more or less resolved until the climax and even at it's height, his character wasn't as compelling as the others precisely because he's always been one of the more balanced people in the strip.

I would also keep my eyes on Tarquin. It's yet to be seen but it's possible we may see a phoenominal juxtaposition of traits within that character that might place him on the list of the best.

Kish
2010-09-14, 10:48 AM
6) Roy, who puked on a paladin http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0430.html
Note where the warrior Roy vomited on was standing--on the walls, not in the throne room. Not every soldier in the Azure City army is a paladin.

...They would probably have won if they had been. (Not because paladins are All That, but because they would have an ENTIRE ARMY of a PC class instead of, as was presumably actually the case, mostly warriors.)

Ajadea
2010-09-14, 10:51 AM
1: :roy:, who somehow manages to keep Belkar controlled and be the most blatantly heroic character in the strip, in my opinion.
2: :redcloak:. His character development and backstory makes him one of the most awesome villains I've ever read about.
3: :vaarsuvius:. Mostly for the same reasons as Redcloak. Also, I prepared Explosive Runes this morning
4: Lord Shojo. Managing Azure City seems impossible, and yet manages to con every character there using his NPC class.
5: :xykon:, because that Bouncy Ball thing is the awesomest villain trick ever.
6: Mama Black Dragon/Inkyrius. I cried for that Black Dragon when V killed her, and Inkyrius, the level 1 expert, stands up to an effectively level...say, 90, character, with a freaking STICK as his/her only weapon!

Zaydos
2010-09-14, 11:40 AM
:elan: He's just... well Elan is made of awesome.

:belkar: He's a sexy shoeless god of war.

Tarquin: He's... well like Elan he is just sheer awesome.

:roy: He's a good character, and a good leader.

:xykon: Nuff said.

Lord Shojo: Alignment Chaotic Awesome.

Strawberries
2010-09-14, 12:30 PM
1-:redcloak:: A complex villain. I like complex villains with deep motivations.

2-:roy:: I like Roy's particular brand of humor. And he makes for a good protagonist.

3-Lord Shojo: Lord Shojo was awesome. Plus, as Belkar says, the guy orders his paladins to clean his kitten's litter. He is, like, my hero. :smalltongue:

4-:vaarsuvius:: Another complex, interesting character, with a lot of potential.

5-:mitd:: Because he is sweet, and endearing. :smallsmile:

6-:belkar:: Because he always makes me laugh. And sometimes all that you need is a good laugh

Calmness
2010-09-14, 01:10 PM
Not really in order, something like:

:miko:

:haley:

:belkar:

:thog:

Plus that one male cleric of Loki. He was awesome.

wybrand
2010-09-14, 01:13 PM
1. :belkar: Do I need to explain the awesomeness of the Belkster?

2.:thog: Because I really like his childish nature mixed with murder. :P

3.:elan: For all the super funny things (Banjo/giggles, I'm invisble, I ROLLED A 4! Do I need to continue?)

4.:mitd: Cause he's so funny and childish. :) :) :)

5.:vaarsuvius: For her awesome quote (see my sign) and his gender.

6.:Mr. Rodrigues The spooooky lawyer!

Gift Jeraff
2010-09-14, 10:58 PM
Note where the warrior Roy vomited on was standing--on the walls, not in the throne room. Not every soldier in the Azure City army is a paladin.
Not sure if it counts as "behind the wall", but not all of their paladins were stationed inside the throne room. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0413.html) (4th-to-last panel)

As for the thread topic, there can be only Thog. :thog:

Ricky S
2010-09-15, 08:51 AM
Mine is definately Belkar and Mr Scruffy and Haley a close second (especially with her kick ass new haircut and leather armour :smallwink:).

Obani
2010-09-15, 09:15 AM
:redcloak:,
:redcloak: times a million. I just love him... so much... so very much...
...:smallredface:
The main reason I love Redcloak is the fact that he's basically Darth Vader except his motivations make actual sense. I mean, let's face it, Darth Vader is probably the most awesomest fictional character ever created, he just doesn't have a good backstory. And his head looks like the skin underneath a baindaid. Squick.
Another best thing about Redcloak is his adorable anti-human vendetta. Every time he kills someone, it just MAKES ME WANT TO HUG HIM! Which would probably not work out so well for me, but I'd still try. I'd still try.

And :elan:'s cool too, you know...

Zwums
2010-09-15, 10:22 AM
:roy: I just like the way that he plays. Smart, and rejects cliches.

But the interaction between :mitd: and Ochul has to be my favorite part of the series.

Nilan8888
2010-09-15, 11:07 AM
I mean, let's face it, Darth Vader is probably the most awesomest fictional character ever created, he just doesn't have a good backstory.

While I'm not so certain I'm jumping on THAT bandwagon, I'll admit Darth Vader was a great character for the series he was a part of and he was one of the few things undiminished by the end of Return of the Jedi.

The problem though in what was to come was not really the nuts and bolts of his backstory. Conceptually, a lot of that -- though not all of it -- hung together well. It was the execution that was botched. Many of the actors had no chemistry and there was too much that was not explained very well. Plus the entire political allegory suffers an epic fail when the big bad -- chronologically -- turns out to be this guy who was sitting in front of the faces of the most powerful Jedi in the Universe for years and years and not one of them were ever able to detect him, and when it was all uncovered nobody really said much about why they weren't able to.

However even just taking the original series there's tons of stronger characters without even having to leave pop culture very far behind. Ozymandius, Rorshach, Two-Face, Tyler Durden, Patrick Bateman, HAL -- I'd say these are all superior characters to Darth Vader.

Obani
2010-09-15, 11:36 AM
While I'm not so certain I'm jumping on THAT bandwagon, I'll admit Darth Vader was a great character for the series he was a part of and he was one of the few things undiminished by the end of Return of the Jedi.

The problem though in what was to come was not really the nuts and bolts of his backstory. Conceptually, a lot of that -- though not all of it -- hung together well. It was the execution that was botched. Many of the actors had no chemistry and there was too much that was not explained very well. Plus the entire political allegory suffers an epic fail when the big bad -- chronologically -- turns out to be this guy who was sitting in front of the faces of the most powerful Jedi in the Universe for years and years and not one of them were ever able to detect him, and when it was all uncovered nobody really said much about why they weren't able to.

However even just taking the original series there's tons of stronger characters without even having to leave pop culture very far behind. Ozymandius, Rorshach, Two-Face, Tyler Durden, Patrick Bateman, HAL -- I'd say these are all superior characters to Darth Vader.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with everything you just said about Vader. What I meant about Redcloak having a better back story is, basically, having Vader's past fleshed out the way it was, he went from being a total sith badass to being a whiny little girl named 'Annie. Redcloak's history, however, turned him from a snarky head-minion into a tragic, deep villain with all his own motivations and junk. Much better, I think.

And I WAS going to disagree with you about Vader not being most-awesome, but then you mentioned Rorshach, and I was all "Okay, you win" :smallbiggrin:

Nilan8888
2010-09-15, 12:04 PM
And I WAS going to disagree with you about Vader not being most-awesome, but then you mentioned Rorshach, and I was all "Okay, you win"

Lol. Actually I think Two-Face and Tyler Durden are even better characters than Rorchach (the former when he's written well), but that's just my opinion.

seadak
2010-09-18, 07:19 PM
:belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :thog: :thog: :belkar: :mitd:

Sin-Ran
2010-09-18, 07:40 PM
Here are my favorite characters not in order
:belkar::roy::mitd::xykon::elan::nale::thog:

Xykeb Zraliv
2010-09-18, 08:17 PM
1. :vaarsuvius: Vaarsuvius is definitely my favorite character primarily because I identify with that expression of overcomplexity. V's use of vocabulary is truly a fascinating thing to see, and I've always been a sucker for needlessly long-winded speeches that could in reality be summed up by a few words. Another thing I love about him/her is the humor that (s)he evokes despite being the rather serious character that (s)he is - the Explosive Runes gags in particular are often masterfully done. Those two points, coupled with the tremendously well-told "Darth V" story arc, make V the best character in my eyes.

2. :redcloak: Redcloak is easily one of my favorite villains period. In addition to his awesome sense of sarcasm and rare intellect, SoD gives him an absolutely brilliantly told backstory that manages to give him a perfect balance of being completely understandable and likable, and yet totally unjustifiable. As is pointed out in the SoD intro, many villains get "devillainified" upon having their backstories told; I think Redcloak made him just understandable enough to not do this but still make him feel like a three-dimensional character. I also like the relatively recent parallel to Right-Eye.

Oh yeah, and I could've spoilered that, but I didn't really reveal that much... Sorry if I just ruined the book for you or something.

3. :belkar: What is there to say, really?

4. :xykon: As one-dimensional as he feels sometimes, Xykon really is a great villain. His speeches are, like, works of art...or, er, something, you know?

5. :elan: Just a funny character that always manages to make me laugh. I also quite liked his character development to turning into a moderately useful teammate without ever actually making him feel like he was truly maturing all that much, which I feel would have made him slightly less funny.

6. :mitd: While I didn't really like him all that much at first (not to say I didn't like him at all, but he wasn't exactly at the top of my list), he's really grown on me since the stuff with O-Chul. I think there's really a lot of narrative potential here - plus, retrospectively he makes me laugh a lot more now that I've seen all the potential character growth to be had and can ignore what he lacked as a character in the beginning.

Obani
2010-09-18, 09:08 PM
:belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :belkar: :thog: :thog: :belkar: :mitd:

I'm sensing a definite fondness for Belkar... and Jackie Chan. Both good choices :D!

blackjack217
2010-09-18, 09:22 PM
:miko: who doesn't like her?

WreckedElf
2010-09-20, 03:28 PM
My top 6 favorite characters listed here in no particular order:

Miko (and unlike many others, I actually think I would get along with someone like her if I were to meet them... that's before the final phases of decending into self-delusional murderous madness of course)
Tsukiko
O-chul
Durkon
Tarquin
V

Stmr5000
2010-09-20, 06:48 PM
1. :xykon: Honestly, I've always loved the villain, but this guy raised the bar. Insanity, power, and hamminess rolled into one great package, his few serious moments are just awesome bonuses. Plus, he squished...

2. :roy: An imperfect man trying to do the best he can with the tools he has. He puts up with lots of grief, manages to stand out amongst more powerful individuals, and most importantly, learns from his mistakes. Roy adds that little bit that the reader can aspire to be (When they're not aspiring to be Xykon.)

3. :vaarsuvius: I don't really even know how to explain this one. V is just awesome, has some great punchlines and some great character development.

4. :durkon: Kind of like Roy in that he tries to stick to his own definition of what's right. He has some good punchlines, is nice to his team mates. Oh, and his accent is funny.

I'm going to have to go against the common theme of Elan and Redcloak. I like Redcloak, but he is, to quote Xykon, "Too much of a chicken ****" to ever be a favorite. As for Elan, he really just comes across as one of those aggravating characters who only contributes by being lucky.

Sin-Ran
2010-09-26, 05:45 PM
Here are my favorite characters in order

1. :belkar: 7. :mitd:

2. :xykon: 8. Mr scruffy

3. :thog: 9. Lord Shojo

4. :roy: 10. Hinjo

5. :elan:

6. :nale:

Yeah those are my favorite characters

Mutant Sheep
2010-09-26, 07:30 PM
1. :belkar:
2.:elan:'s dad
3.All those minor characters whose compressed diologue roughly=Redcloaks
4. :redcloak:
5. :xykon:
6. :elan:
7. :thog:
8. O-chul guy
9. Mr. Scruffy
10. Lord Shojo

Wierdkid20
2010-09-26, 09:36 PM
My favorite's are,
1:redcloak:As has already been mentioned I love the Backstory and entire 3d villain thing.
2:vaarsuvius: Love the long winded speeches
3:mitd: He's so cute in a weird way, and after the thing with O-chul just plain awesome.
4:roach: I love them all and their fourth wall breaking snarkiness
5:xykon: After I read looking for group I've always had this thing about psychopathic homicidal evil characters. though I don't like him so much after SOD
6:belkar: See above

Swordpriest
2010-09-27, 01:22 PM
My favorites are, I suppose --

:elan: He's an optimistic airhead with a good heart, and he actually has his moments of usefulness.

:vaarsuvius: Pompous but hilarious, and generally showing more humanity and courage than most people give him credit for. (Okay, "elfanity," but you get the idea :smallwink: )

:mitd: A nice guy and innocent through stupidity at least, a bit like Elan, really.

:nale: A complete jackass and wretch, but funny, and occasionally quite clever, though not very often. Makes me laugh even though I don't particularly like him.

Hinjo: Shows that a paladin can uphold a strong moral code and fight evil without being Miko. :smallwink: O-Chul is also like this, but he's got enough fans, so I'll give Hinjo a boost for once. :smallbiggrin:

Aron Times
2010-09-27, 03:34 PM
The Oracle, Elan, and Roy.

Bedinsis
2010-09-29, 04:14 PM
Frankly, I can't make a choice, there's just to many great to choose from. But I can say this: there is no character in this comic that I dislike. That's really the reason I like Order of the Stick so much; that all characters are believeable and entertaining in their own right.

chaser
2010-09-29, 04:42 PM
:thog: Thog is number 1:biggrin:

jywu98
2010-09-29, 06:21 PM
Belkar
Xyko
O-chul
Vaarsuvius
Monster in the Dark
Elan
and Thog

GameSpawn
2010-09-30, 07:26 AM
:roy: For pretty much the reasons people have already said
:redcloak: same
O-chul: as above, as well as being the one character who actively tries to redeem the opposition
:mitd: mostly for his role with O-chul
Right-eye: (spoilers for Start of Darkness)
For being able to admit his mistakes, for having a sense of perspective, and for trying to do what was right in the end. Also, "honestly, no, I always thought I would have died along with her" is one of my favorite quotes

As far as villainous, cruel, but funny, characters go, Belkar has his moments ("I'm just going to harvest his kidneys."), but I prefer Xykon or even Tsukiko.

Actually, I think Tsukiko is funny enough to be one of my favorites.

Sin-Ran
2010-10-02, 10:00 PM
wait i want to add him to the list:roach:
yeah he rocks

RndmNumGen
2010-10-03, 01:35 AM
1) http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/trytoguess/O-Chul.png - Proof you can be Lawful Good while still kicking ass and being all-around awesome.

2) :roy: - For similar reasons as above, that and his good leadership skills.

3) :vaarsuvius: - I really like how removed he is from everything, it's really funny.

4) :durkon: - He doesn't have as much depth as O-Chul or Roy, but I still like him.

5) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/redxiv/tsukiko.gif - I can't really explain this one. I would hate her in real life, but in the comic I find her really entertaining.

Heksefatter
2010-10-03, 02:10 AM
1) :xykon: The perfect blend of hilarity and being a genuinely horrifying monster. Xykon is not a deep character, but he is a very well done villain.

2) :vaarsuvius: The moral ambiguity. The extremely funny monologues. The smugness.

3) :elan: Perfect blend of genre-savy and ditziness.

4) :mitd: This poor guy is genuinely touching at times.

5) :roy: A flawed man, but a very credible and sympathetic hero.

Minor characters: O-Chul, Elan's father and Lord Shojo.

Sin-Ran
2010-10-03, 05:02 PM
O-Chul still rocks but Shojo is my favorite person from Azure city

Katana_Geldar
2010-10-03, 07:19 PM
Elan is my favourite.

Sin-Ran
2010-10-03, 07:22 PM
Elan is a good character but belkar is better

Bleak Ink
2010-10-04, 09:30 PM
I know :redcloak: is my number one, but all the other characters move about so frequently on my "favorites" scale I don't want to pin them down in numbers.

Sin-Ran
2010-10-06, 06:16 PM
Actually My problem is how much characters change
an example is How elan's personality changed after his character class changed

Stille_Nacht
2010-10-06, 08:21 PM
#1 :vaarsuvius: logical, and a wizard, already bumps him/her up, and i find his/her speeches and morally questionable actions hilarious
#2 :mitd: love the childish, yet mostrous strength, more for coolness than comidey
#3: all of the other oots members, xykon, roach, thog
#4: other people
#5-50: various pieces of scenery
#51: Miko, who would have been #2 if she got a character transformation or admitted her wrongs, but as is i really detest

other than those two, i like

willdelve4beer
2010-10-07, 09:49 AM
Judged purely on the basis of how much amusement they provide me:

1. Belkar
2. MitD
3. V
4. Xykon
5. Elan
6. Redcloak
7. Haley
8. Roy
9. Durkon
10. everyone else

Sin-Ran
2010-10-09, 07:54 AM
Judged purely on the basis of how much amusement they provide me:

1. Belkar
2. MitD
3. V
4. Xykon
5. Elan
6. Redcloak
7. Haley
8. Roy
9. Durkon
10. everyone else

YAY BELKAR

Asthix
2010-10-09, 08:46 AM
Definitely Thog.

Leeky Windstaff! (Woo!)

Old guys in prison!

MitD.

The Flumphs! (That's right. I went there)

And Xykon. (Totally appropriate villain itP)

skarl
2010-10-09, 04:10 PM
I like belkar the most. I know, he's an *******, but it are always the *******s I like the most.:belkar::belkar::belkar::belkar:

NerfTW
2010-10-09, 07:42 PM
Actually My problem is how much characters change
an example is How elan's personality changed after his character class changed

Yes, that was character growth. It wasn't just because of his class change. It was because he was being forced to grow up and take responsibility for his actions. Prior to that point, there was always a knight or leader telling him what to do. His rescue of Haley, plus being forced into the position of party leader on the boat have contributed to him realizing that he can no longer just be "the carefree bard", but needs to begin taking a more active role in the party.

Blue Ghost
2010-10-09, 08:15 PM
Let's see...

1. O-Chul. While I disown the outrageous boasts by that weird... cult... thing... around his name, I am in admiration of his compassion and goodness.

2. Elan. He's the bard. He can sing while fighting. And he's always so happy!

3. Vaarsuvius. A deep and complex character, and a wizard as well.

4. Thog, when he appears, is pretty funny.

5. Miko. I hated her, in the good way.

6. Xykon. Gotta admit, the lich has style.

Sin-Ran
2010-10-10, 12:26 PM
I like belkar the most. I know, he's an *******, but it are always the *******s I like the most.:belkar::belkar::belkar::belkar:

Yay belkar again

zyborg
2010-10-10, 01:29 PM
:elan: I really enjoy characters that are powered by stupid, and Elan is well-done. ♫Bluff, bluff, bluff... bluff the stupid ogre♫

:belkar: I read all of that conversation on Belkar, whether he is Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Evil. You are all wrong. He is Chaotic Awesome.

:mitd: I feel sorry for the Monster In the Darkness. He's probably the most epic character ever, and he's stuck in a box or under a parasol, listening to a skeleton that tries to force him to be evil.

Ender Wigin
2010-10-18, 05:26 PM
My favorate characters are in a three way tie: Miko:miko:, the monster in the darkness:mitd:, and old chul. The monster in the darkness is hilariously funny, Old Chul is like a monk version of Chuck Norris, and Miko just has that one quality... I can't place it... Hottness? Stubbborness? Phycopathic? Wants to kill Belkar? I can't decide which trait is the best...