PDA

View Full Version : Company of True Heroes

The Succubus
2010-09-13, 04:48 AM
http://www.theprovince.com/news/final+only+thing+that+would+save/3487150/story.html

Brian Woods, one of the developers on the Company of Heroes series of strategy games died in a car crash last week. He saw that an out of control car was heading towards his own, which was carrying his pregnant wife. He swerved the car around so that he took the full force of the impact, so that his wife and future child might survive.

I've always enjoyed the Company of Heroes series and it makes me sad that one of the devs should be killed in such a way. What he did at the last moment was an incredible piece of quick thinking and bravey. I salute him o7.

Brother Oni
2010-09-13, 06:27 AM
Reading the news story, it makes me... angry to say the least that the charge for vehicular homicide is apparently so low.

The story reports that the driver was taking off a sweater at the time and the police suspect that there was also drugs in her system as well.

I sincerely hope that the driver will receive what she deserves in this life or the next.

As for Mr Woods, he did his duty as a husband and a father up to his last moments. I hope that if I am ever put into the same situation, I will have the judgement and bravery to do what he did.

Ilena
2010-09-13, 08:11 PM
Omg that is so sad, he was very brave in deed and he should be honored for what he did.