PDA

View Full Version : Spells that improve skill checks

Ingus
2010-09-13, 06:34 AM
I need some spell to improve skill checks for my NPCs. Any help?

Curmudgeon
2010-09-13, 06:46 AM
You already know about the standard stat-boosting spells like Fox's Cunning (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/foxscunning.htm); they'll give you +2 for checks using the associated ability. But the best spell specifically for skill checks is Guidance of the Avatar (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/sb/sb20010504a), for +20 to a check.

Ingus
2010-09-13, 08:46 AM
Thank you for "Guidance of the Avatar", that was something that I was really missing.
From my reserches, I've got Divine Insight (CAdv) and Wieldskill (MoF), and now Guidance of the Avatar. For my calculations this is
+20 competence (GotA), +15 insight (Divine Insight) +10 unnamed for Wieldskill. Anything more?

AslanCross
2010-09-13, 10:38 AM
Spell Compendium has the lorecalls (Healing Lorecall, Balancing Lorecall, etc). I'm AFB at the moment, but as far as I can remember, they gave a static bonus and could be discharged to give a one-time bonus.

dobu
2010-09-13, 11:48 AM
Improvisation: from SpC. Bard only, if i remember correctly. gives you +2 imprivsation points per casterleve, which you can use in improving skill checks or attack rolls.

glibness: player's handbook, +30 to bluff, when telling lies

also useful: immediate assistance: as an immediate action ally can reroll skill check.

Ingus
2010-09-14, 10:19 AM
Lorecall spells are definitely interesting things. Improvisation... uhm, I've to read it. In both cases, what's the type of bonus?

Fax Celestis
2010-09-14, 10:21 AM
Lorecall spells are definitely interesting things. Improvisation... uhm, I've to read it. In both cases, what's the type of bonus?

It's a luck bonus.

Kyrinthic
2010-09-14, 01:16 PM
Moment of preccience, level 8 sorc/wiz or luck domain spell.
+caster level to skill check, insight bonus, max +25. it sticks around till used once cast tho, so it allows preplanning better than some spells.

-Kyrinthic