PDA

View Full Version : Vile feats, can I has them?

MammonAzrael
2010-09-13, 12:19 PM
Does anyone know if there are more [Vile] feats than those found in the Book of Vile Darkness and Heroes of Horror? Are there any good homebrewed options? (I could've sworn I had seen some somewhere from Krimm Blackleaf or The Demented One.)

Thanks!

OMG PONIES
2010-09-13, 12:23 PM
If memory serves me, there are more listed in the following books:

Elder Evils
Exemplars of Evil

Additionally, you can swear yourself to an Elder Evil (rules in the book of the same name) in exchange for free vile feats at levels 1, 5, 10, etc.

Mordokai
2010-09-13, 12:34 PM
You were looking for this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74001) perchance?

MammonAzrael
2010-09-13, 12:51 PM
Excellent, thank you both.

Person_Man
2010-09-13, 02:48 PM
Notable WotC Vile feats:

Chosen of Evil: As an Immediate Action take a point of Con damage to gain an Insight bonus equal to the number of Vile feats you have (including this one) to any attack, Save, ability check, or Skill check. Elder Evils.

Deformity (Obese): +2 Con, +2 Intimidate, +2 Saves vs Poison, -2 Dex. Book of Vile Darkness.

Deformity (Madness): You take a -4 penalty to your Wisdom, but gain immunity to mind-affecting effects. Once per minute you can add 1/2 your character level to any Will Save. Elder Evils pg 13.

Deformity (Tall): +5 natural reach. Heroes of Horror.

Dark Speech: A potent low level Fear effect that loses effectiveness as your enemies gain hit die. Can also raise caster level by 1, effect item hardness, or command a Swarm. Deals Cha damage to you each time you use it. Elder Evils pg 12.

Dark Whispers: Augments Dark Speech, making it Confuse enemies with higher HD then you. Elder Evils pg 12.

Ability damage can be avoided with 1 level of Binder or Shape Soulmeld (Strongheart Vest) and any source of essentia (Incarnum).

Elder Evils also has rules for devoting yourself to an evil demon or whatnot, and gaining bonus feats in exchange for your soul. I've never actually seen anyone use the rules though.

hamishspence
2010-09-13, 02:50 PM
One thing with them- they're not a mirror of Exalted feats- so you don't lose any Vile feats for committing a Good act.

You only lose them for changing alignment to Neutral or Good.

JoshuaZ
2010-09-13, 03:14 PM
Does anyone know if there are more [Vile] feats than those found in the Book of Vile Darkness and Heroes of Horror? Are there any good homebrewed options? (I could've sworn I had seen some somewhere from Krimm Blackleaf or The Demented One.)

I'm not aware of any by Krimm or The Demented One, but there's a good set by The Vorpal Tribble (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72006) of psionic vile feats.