PDA

View Full Version : Would this be a fun game?

Zaydos
2010-09-13, 03:28 PM
You are employees at MacThule's Home of the Deathburger*. You have to deal with the various customers who come to buy burgers, the raiders who come to steal them, all while tracking down clues to hunt for the Spork of Rulership and become the new CEO so that you can finally get a girlfriend/boyfriend.

Customers would include:
Dodo and Halfwit a pair of halflings on a quest to destroy an ancient onion ring of doom... unfortunately they can't seem to realize that they are only circling the block.
Captain (of a spelljamming vessel) Lurk and his arcanist Frock.
And who knows what else.

Possible locations include:
Hel-Mart: The local magic item wholesaler, where you can find almost any item at discount prices (disclaimer: 100% satisfaction is not guaranteed). Ran by imps.
*The Deathburger only burger guaranteed to be 100% undead meat.

Lycan 01
2010-09-13, 03:44 PM
Well, this actually sounds fun to me, but I'm also crazy. Lets see, what other ideas could you use...

You said the burgers are made from undead meat, right? What about having to fight zombie cows, or if you don't prepare the burger properly it comes to life and starts attacking the customer who tries to eat it. Then you have to save them and kill the burger, otherwise you're held liable and will get fired and/or sued.

Have you seen the Robot Chicken sketch where they mix Final Fantasy 7 with McDonalds? At one point, Cloud has to fight a potatoe in order to make fries, and when Sephiroth shows up, it becomes a literal Boss Battle.

Tyndmyr
2010-09-13, 04:00 PM
Not really for me. If Im going to play a silly game, I pick up a rules light game like paranoia or the like. They are invariably only a single session, then everyone dives back into the more serious stuff.

Don't get me wrong, we have comedy in the "serious" campaigns too, but a lot less wackyness.

Lycan 01
2010-09-13, 04:03 PM
Actually, I think there's a game a lot like this called Ninja Burger. Its a ninja-run fast food restaraunt where you have to deliver food and compete against other ninjas, pirates, and restaraunts. Maybe you should look into it.

ryzouken
2010-09-13, 04:04 PM
So, it's ninja burger with all of the serials rubbed off and replaced with generic western fantasy tropes?

What rules system did you intend to run it on? Anything more complicated than a beer and pretzels type system is likely to kill the buzz of your players. A tongue in cheek game needs a lightweight rules system with minimal book-keeping, else the ROI tends to suffer...

EDIT: Ninja'ed... which is oddly appropriate given the topic at hand...

Steveotep
2010-09-13, 04:12 PM
There are already a series of card games on this theme from Cheapass Games: Give Me The Brain, Lord of the Fries and The Great Brain Robbery are only some of them.

Zaydos
2010-09-13, 04:17 PM
No idea what system, it started out as a joke because of a character in a story I wrote named MacThule and watching Clerks II (I forget how long ago) and I mentioned the idea at the local gaming club last weekend and people told me I had to do it. Only systems I really know are D&D (not including Pathfinder, White Box, and Hackmaster; I've never played them).

On the subject of ninja burger I thought up the idea before hearing about the game, but it is a fun game (I've played it twice).