PDA

View Full Version : Glaivelock - Healing Blast

aeauseth
2010-09-13, 03:57 PM
So my (albeit slightly cheesed) Glaivelock (Cleric/Warlock/Eldritch Disciple) has a +12/+7 attack. Using a turn undead I can manifest an Eldritch Glaive that does healing instead of damage at 5d6. If used on a single ally that would be 10d6 of healing. Now if that ally moved off, could I get an attack of opportunity and heal another 5d6? What if I had combat reflexes (give me another 3 AOO)?

Pushing the envelope a bit why couldn't you just say that your ally dropped his guard and I can "attack" him as much as possible? Shouldn't I be able to full round attack 10d6 plus as 4 AOO (regardless if he triggered an AOO or not)? That would be 30d6 of healing for the cost of 1 turn undead.

SurlySeraph
2010-09-13, 04:05 PM
I don't see any reason why you couldn't full attack for healing. As for AoOs, you can't make more than one attack of opportunity per action that provokes an attack of opportunity. But if you had your ally do multiple actions that provoke (i.e. making multiple ranged attacks), that would work.

Anything about dropping your guard, though, is a houserule. And your DM is likely to declare having your ally fire a bow into the air so you can stab him to heal him more silly and disallow it.

Mongoose87
2010-09-13, 04:12 PM
Can you make AoO with Eldritch Glaive?

You should be persisting Divine Power, for supreme cheese-healing.

aeauseth
2010-09-13, 04:31 PM
Can you make AoO with Eldritch Glaive?

Yup, Eldritch Glaive lasts for 1 round and states you can make AOO with it.