PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Stick spinoff comics

Gd8908
2010-09-13, 04:50 PM
would you want one? Why? And what do you think it should be about?

Dr.Epic
2010-09-13, 04:53 PM
The Adventures of Thog; 'nuff said.

:thog: thog get spinoff thog go to candyland

Emperor Ing
2010-09-13, 04:54 PM
Umm, prehaps you wanna look at the Fan Comics subforum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54), I think?

Morph Bark
2010-09-13, 04:55 PM
The Adventures of Thog; 'nuff said.

:thog: thog get spinoff thog go to candyland

I wouldn't mind two/three-page one-shots (and maybe the occassional sequel) like such.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-13, 05:00 PM
I wouldn't mind two/three-page one-shots (and maybe the occassional sequel) like such.

I could make some fan fiction comics, so long as it's cool. I'm not sure if it says anywhere in the forums rules if that sort of fan stuff is okay. It wouldn't be in stick figures or anything, it would just use some of his characters.

Timberboar
2010-09-13, 05:02 PM
Umm, prehaps you wanna look at the Fan Comics subforum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54), I think?

Not really. A spin-off remains under the creator's control (IE -- the Giant), as opposed to a fan creation.

Edit: To address the topic at hand --

A spinoff of the Order of the Scribble would be rather neat, but I think it could best be handled in prequel book fashion.

Maxios
2010-09-13, 05:16 PM
Perhaps the adventurers of the members of the Order before the comic.

Or a spin-off about Miko before she turned into a crazy, fallen paladin.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-13, 05:17 PM
Perhaps the adventurers of the members of the Order before the comic.

On the Origins of PCs?

slayerx
2010-09-13, 05:25 PM
"The Terrible Tales of Tarquin" (comic about Tarquin and Malack's adventuring days)
"The Adventures of Julio Scoundrel"
"What Would Thor Do" (which would be a series of one shots)
"Rise of Badassery: O'Chul's story"

Maxios
2010-09-13, 05:31 PM
On the Origins of PCs?

Similar, as Origins of the PCs doesn't reveal everything, just normally a while before they joined the Order. But, the characters had to have had other adventures before the prequel book.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-13, 05:36 PM
Similar, as Origins of the PCs doesn't reveal everything, just normally a while before they joined the Order. But, the characters had to have had other adventures before the prequel book.

Order of the Stick Babies? ...also they're in outer space.

Crisis21
2010-09-13, 06:37 PM
I've actually had a spinoff story rambling about in my head for a while. The New Order of the Stick, covering the adventures of Eric Greenhilt (Son of Celia and Roy), Thea Starshine (Ninja daughter of Elan and Haley), and a few others who I have yet to produce names for (but includes the granddaughter of Right-Eye who is a Goblin Paladin. Why a Paladin? Because I thought a Goblin Paladin could be amusing. Another member would be a gnome just because).

The story would start out with the goblin paladin running into Eric, and then roping him and Thea into a quest to retrieve the Crimson Mantle which has been stolen (Yes, the female goblin paladin is still a follower of The Dark One, who honestly isn't sure what to do with a paladin in the first place. Why? I find it amusing, and needed a plot point to get started) by an unknown party. The New Order eventually discovers that the Crimson Mantle isn't the only religious object of power that's been stolen, objects of power for Gods both Good and Evil (and Lawful, Chaotic, and Neutral) have been stolen and are still being stolen. And no one knows why.

Anyway, that's what I'd like to see.

DragonOfUndeath
2010-09-13, 06:56 PM
I've actually had a spinoff story rambling about in my head for a while. The New Order of the Stick, covering the adventures of Eric Greenhilt (Son of Celia and Roy), Thea Starshine (Ninja daughter of Elan and Haley), and a few others who I have yet to produce names for (but includes the granddaughter of Right-Eye who is a Goblin Paladin. Why a Paladin? Because I thought a Goblin Paladin could be amusing. Another member would be a gnome just because).

The story would start out with the goblin paladin running into Eric, and then roping him and Thea into a quest to retrieve the Crimson Mantle which has been stolen (Yes, the female goblin paladin is still a follower of The Dark One, who honestly isn't sure what to do with a paladin in the first place. Why? I find it amusing, and needed a plot point to get started) by an unknown party. The New Order eventually discovers that the Crimson Mantle isn't the only religious object of power that's been stolen, objects of power for Gods both Good and Evil (and Lawful, Chaotic, and Neutral) have been stolen and are still being stolen. And no one knows why.

this is awesome

Dr.Epic
2010-09-13, 07:20 PM
Another member would be a gnome just because

The son/daughter of Leaky Windstaff and Pompey.

Crisis21
2010-09-13, 07:42 PM
The son/daughter of Leaky Windstaff and Pompey.

Just checking, but you do realize that both of those characters are male, right?

PsychoticPanda
2010-09-13, 07:45 PM
I was wondering... maybe more on the Order of the rift, we do know they sealed the the rifts... but was that it? it seems like a good idea to expand on.

:mitd: Hi my name is Kraagar.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-13, 07:49 PM
Just checking, but you do realize that both of those characters are male, right?

Girdle of Feminity/Masculinity

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-09-13, 07:52 PM
Times like this when I can breathe a sigh of relief that the Crack Pairings was blackballed.

The Glyphstone
2010-09-13, 07:54 PM

"Druid. Ah, right. Ne'er mind then."

Ted The Bug
2010-09-13, 08:16 PM
I don't think I'd like a "Hey! They're just like the Order...but they're their kids!" kind of strip, but the Adventures of Thog sounds pretty awesome. I doubt Rich really wants to devote his time to extras with his current situation, but it would nonetheless be really cool.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-13, 08:22 PM
I don't think I'd like a "Hey! They're just like the Order...but they're their kids!" kind of strip, but the Adventures of Thog sounds pretty awesome. I doubt Rich really wants to devote his time to extras with his current situation, but it would nonetheless be really cool.

No, they're kids...and they're in space!...IN SPACE! Also, it would be more a parody of all those TV shows that did spinoffs like that.

NerfTW
2010-09-13, 08:22 PM
I've actually had a spinoff story rambling about in my head for a while.

The amount of cliche in that story would make Nale blush and Elan proud.

Not to mention the strip isn't over yet. Let's see if Elan and Haley are still together in the end, or Roy is even alive, or Right Eye's daughter is going to wind up in any position to have a paladin daughter.

Personally, I'd rather see something new than a spin off. Rarely do they hold up to the original, and very rarely do they offer anything new besides nostalgia.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-13, 08:23 PM
Not to mention the strip isn't over yet. Let's see if Elan and Haley are still together in the end, or Roy is even alive, or Right Eye's daughter is going to wind up in any position to have a paladin daughter.

paladin of slaughter/tyranny

KoboldRevenge
2010-09-13, 08:53 PM
Mr Scruffy P.I

He works with Blackwing investagating killings and disapearences in Cliffport.
With members of the Order making cameos once and awhile. And his arch enemy is Crime boss Qarr. Mr Scruffy has a vendetta for finding his old master's (Lord Shojo) killer. (Lets say he dosen't know who did it.) It sounds awesome to me. Mr. Scruffy Public Investigater! :smallbiggrin:

JustIgnoreMe
2010-09-14, 12:20 PM
No, they're kids...and they're in space!...IN SPACE! Also, it would be more a parody of all those TV shows that did spinoffs like that.
I'm sure the Giant has access to the Spelljammer books. OotS IN SPACE! is closer than you think...

Dr.Epic
2010-09-14, 12:24 PM
I'm sure the Giant has access to the Spelljammer books. OotS IN SPACE! is closer than you think...

No, ending the series with a climatic battle in space or some sort of floating area high above the world is WAY too cliche. The zombie dragon doesn't count.

JustIgnoreMe
2010-09-14, 12:31 PM
No, ending the series with a climatic battle in space or some sort of floating area high above the world is WAY too cliche. The zombie dragon doesn't count.
Ah, but imagine the last panel... as the planet is saved, we pan up to a Neogi Spelljammer, where Kang and Kodos (carried by their Umber Hulk slaves) gloat over the pathetic new world they have come to conquer!

... okay, maybe it's just me.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-14, 12:34 PM
Ah, but imagine the last panel... as the planet is saved, we pan up to a Neogi Spelljammer, where Kang and Kodos (carried by their Umber Hulk slaves) gloat over the pathetic new world they have come to conquer!

... okay, maybe it's just me.

That could happen if the final battle happened on the ground or even underground. Not to mention that sounds horrible.

Kish
2010-09-14, 01:04 PM
Not to mention that sounds horrible.
So does Rich adding the variant paladin rules.

(About as likely, too.)

Dr.Epic
2010-09-14, 01:13 PM
So does Rich adding the variant paladin rules.

(About as likely, too.)

At least it's not EXTREMELY trite and cliche.

Zaydos
2010-09-14, 02:25 PM
Tarquin or the Order of the Scribble, also Thor.

Draconi Redfir
2010-09-14, 02:45 PM
would you want one? Why? And what do you think it should be about?

not going to answer the question, just gunna point something out. is your avatar a clip strait from the comic? if so that’s illegal. If you or someone other then Rich drew it on the other hand, then you're good.

Gandariel
2010-09-14, 03:47 PM
i hope he will continue writing, and i would really enjoy spinoff like "the adventures of Thog and Sabine" or "What Would Thor Do?"...
but we can think about that later.
Now Rich is busy with the actual strip, and noone wants to distract him from his wounderful job :D

Darth Hunterix
2010-09-14, 04:10 PM
I guess something like "The Amazing Tales of Julio Scoundrel" in Baron Münchhausen's style would be nice. In every strip the first and the last panel would show Julio talking to other patrons in some tavern abut his adventures, and everything between them would be illustration of his story. I'd love to see the confrontation between him and young O-Chul :)

Dr.Epic
2010-09-14, 04:17 PM
i hope he will continue writing, and i would really enjoy spinoff like "the adventures of Thog and Sabine"

AND SABINE?!?!? WHY?!?!? Why would you include her in the story? She'd completely ruin it!

Bedinsis
2010-09-14, 04:24 PM
Tales of the traveling gnome: Solt Lorkyurgs travels throughout the world in his attempts to peddle spices, on the way encountering various "episodes" of experiences with all the NPCs of limited importance.

Basically, Solt acts as a sort of framing device to have stories of other NPCs told, which at the same time weaves together to Solt reaching an epiphany of the world and himself and at long last feeling happy... only for Belkar to kill him on the last page.

Acero
2010-09-14, 07:45 PM
I got it!

After finshing their quest, the order opens a school! Elan runs around doing wierd things as a teacher, but eventually he and a pregnate Haley leave. Roy runs the place, while V works as a dean of magic. Nure Roberts Durkon already died, so he doesn't need a role. Belkar works with the newest batch (4 year school) on a more personal level, eventually courting Roy's star pupil.

Cast (new guys)
A young, shy, and socialy akward female rogue (looks to Haley at first for guidance)
A full of himself Duskblade/player.
Roy's star pupil
and a girl way too hot to be taken seriously as a Wizard.

Wait, that seems familiar...

Terry576
2010-09-14, 07:51 PM
Cast (new guys)
A young, shy, and socially awkward female rogue (looks to Haley at first for guidance)
Roy's star pupil

That depends. Will Roy be mean to his star pupil?

Because if so, you just described the cast of Scrubs.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-14, 07:53 PM
I got it!

After finshing their quest, the order opens a school! Elan runs around doing wierd things as a teacher, but eventually he and a pregnate Haley leave. Roy runs the place, while V works as a dean of magic. Nure Roberts Durkon already died, so he doesn't need a role. Belkar works with the newest batch (4 year school) on a more personal level, eventually courting Roy's star pupil.

Cast (new guys)
A young, shy, and socialy akward female rogue (looks to Haley at first for guidance)
Roy's star pupil

I like how you point out Durkon is dead by then but Belkar is still alive despite the fact we know he's going to take his last breath before the end of the year.

Acero
2010-09-14, 09:39 PM
That depends. Will Roy be mean to his star pupil?

Because if so, you just described the cast of Scrubs.

yes. Have a cookie

Scarlet Knight
2010-09-15, 01:12 PM
Now that :vaarsuvius: is divorced, he can get her own tower. Unfortunately, the settlement means he can't afford her own place, so he rents out a portion to a local merchant opening up an ice cream parlor - :thog: !

Dr.Epic
2010-09-15, 02:13 PM
Now that :vaarsuvius: is divorced, he came get her own tower. Unfortunately, the settlement means he can't afford her own place, so he rents out a portion to a local merchant opening up an ice cream parlor - :thog: !

The two are actually business partners. Ones an arcane genius and the other hits stuff with an axe. Also, they adopted a cute little gnome child.

...and it's in space?

Draconi Redfir
2010-09-15, 02:21 PM
The two are actually business partners. Ones an arcane genius and the other hits stuff with an axe. Also, they adopted a cute little gnome child.

...and it's in space?

replace the gnome with a Goblin child, ad put it in the Dwarven mountans, and you got yourself a sponsor.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-15, 02:25 PM
replace the gnome with a Goblin child, ad put it in the Dwarven mountans, and you got yourself a sponsor.

Goblin child? Maybe 10 years ago that would've worked but you got to be modern.

Draconi Redfir
2010-09-15, 02:28 PM

Everybody is sick of gnomes these days. besides, we need to start showing more Goblinoids in TV or Gobbotopia will initiate a hostile takeover! and by hostile i mean swords and spears!

Dr.Epic
2010-09-15, 02:30 PM
Everybody is sick of gnomes these days. besides, we need to start showing more Goblinoids in TV or Gobbotopia will initiate a hostile takeover! and by hostile i mean swords and spears!

The goblin demographic is extremely small compared to the gnome, halfling, kobold and other small size category creatures demographic.

Draconi Redfir
2010-09-15, 02:57 PM
The goblin demographic is extremely small compared to the gnome, halfling, kobold and other small size category creatures demographic.

Goblins are inexplicibly meidium sized Mornon. though a baby goblin will still be small.

Maxios
2010-09-15, 03:07 PM
How about the Order is kids, and they go Azure City academy where they try to pull wild shenanigans under the watchful eyes of Proferssor Durkon and Prinicpal Vaarsuvius?

Dr.Epic
2010-09-15, 03:22 PM
How about the Order is kids, and they go Azure City academy where they try to pull wild shenanigans under the watchful eyes of Proferssor Durkon and Prinicpal Vaarsuvius?

that's been suggested...in space!

Nimrod's Son
2010-09-15, 10:32 PM
that's been suggested...in space!
No wonder he didn't hear it then.

rewinn
2010-09-16, 04:33 PM
No wonder he didn't hear it then.
Xykon is Alien spelled sideways. Coincedence?

It makes me wish I had better art skilz so I could do a Xykon's Skull/Alien Egg avatar. Then, as a spinoff, the surviving members of the Order could be sent back to Xykon's Planet to deal with a plague of liches ("In the Rift, No-One Can Hear You Sqee").

cho_j
2010-09-16, 09:12 PM
Mr Scruffy P.I

With members of the Order making cameos once and awhile. And his arch enemy is Crime boss Qarr. Mr Scruffy has a vendetta for finding his old master's (Lord Shojo) killer. (Lets say he dosen't know who did it.) It sounds awesome to me. Mr. Scruffy Public Investigater! :smallbiggrin:

Were this a prime time TV show, I would watch it so hard I'd be nominated for a Nobel Prize in watchmanship.

Darth Hunterix
2010-09-17, 10:31 AM
Xykon is Alien spelled sideways. Coincedence?

So, how about "Xykon versus Predator"?

ref
2010-09-17, 10:50 AM

http://thetural.com/360/user_images/a43a454d1e71c881d93caeec5fafa16c.png (http://thetural.com/360)

Scarlet Knight
2010-09-17, 11:19 AM
Mr Scruffy P.I

Blackwing: Mr. Scruffy, No! You promised that you worked your last case!
Mr. Scruffy: Yeah, Doll, and I promised to give up catnip, too. See how that worked out?

Prime32
2010-09-17, 11:40 AM
Thea Starshine (Ninja daughter of Elan and Haley)Named after Therkla?

Crisis21
2010-09-17, 11:44 AM
Named after Therkla?

Exactly! You're the first one to get that! *Awards Cookie*

I haven't quite decided whether she should have green hair (dyed obviously) or not though. :smallbiggrin:

Acero
2010-09-17, 06:46 PM

Modern my boy! Make it a half-fiend Gnome with parent issues and the contract discussions may begin!

Dr.Epic
2010-09-17, 06:47 PM
Modern my boy! Make it a half-fiend Gnome with parent issues and the contract discussions may begin!

You just jumped the shark.

lord pringle
2010-09-17, 11:23 PM

make it principal shojo, vice-principle miko, professor hinjo and cool Mr. Scoundrel the janitor and you've got yourself a deal!

rewinn
2010-09-17, 11:45 PM
Blackwing: Mr. Scruffy, No! You promised that you worked your last case!
Mr. Scruffy: Yeah, Doll, and I promised to give up catnip, too. See how that worked out?

Mr. Scruffy is naturally noir:

Mr. Scruffy (patiently): When a cat's master is killed, he's supposed to do something about it. It doesn't make any difference what you thought of him. He was your master and you're supposed to do something about it. Well, when one of your organization gets killed, it's-it's bad business to let the killer get away with it, bad all around, bad for every detective everywhere.

Blackwing [picks up the falcon] Heavy. What is it?

Mr Scruffy: The stuff that dreams are made of.

So, how about "Xykon versus Predator"?

... in space?

BlueWizard
2010-09-19, 12:45 AM
I vote Thog. If there were a poll. :thog:

KoboldRevenge
2010-09-19, 12:52 AM
I just found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVx2uCcDXX0) I'd say it is pretty close too a episode of Mr Scruffy PI. Except it's the episode that Scruffys evil lone lost twin kidnaps him and takes his place. I don't think this has already been done in the comic yet. Wink wink.:smallwink:

Dr.Epic
2010-09-19, 01:24 AM
I just found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVx2uCcDXX0) I'd say it is pretty close too a episode of Mr Scruffy PI. Except it's the episode that Scruffys evil lone lost twin kidnaps him and takes his place. I don't think this has already been done in the comic yet. Wink wink.:smallwink:

Nice. By the same person who did Llamas with Hats?

Fri
2010-09-19, 01:35 AM
CPPD blues, hands down.

KoboldRevenge
2010-09-19, 03:41 AM
Nice. By the same person who did Llamas with Hats?

Yep, made a bunch of other funny vids too.

Acero
2010-09-19, 10:13 PM
Yep, made a bunch of other funny vids too.

Charlie.....

blackjack217
2010-09-19, 11:11 PM
that kills people

Dr.Epic
2010-09-19, 11:24 PM
that kills people

Oh, I did not know that. Yeah, I'm in the wrong here.

fizzybobnewt
2010-09-21, 04:52 PM
It makes me wish I had better art skilz so I could do a Xykon's Skull/Alien Egg avatar.

ooh! i can do that!