PDA

View Full Version : Ramona's Boots

GoblinGilmartin
2010-09-13, 07:01 PM
My friend and i went to go see scott pilgrim vs. the world, and she made a comment about how much she loves the boots that Ramona Flowers wore.

Being a dude, i have Nooooooo idea where to find these, but i thought that i would hunt them down and buy them for her.

as far as i can remember, the scene they are in most prominentally is the part where SBO is practicing, Ramona comes over and scott freaks out about her newly blue hair, and she comes in and takes them off.

Any help from fashion experts in the playground would be appreciated, although note that I am looking for these EXACT boots, not just similar ones.

SDF
2010-09-13, 07:09 PM
The EXACT boots are probably a wardrobe department prop fabrication.

Knaight
2010-09-13, 07:19 PM
Unless they could find them for cheap somewhere. When you have lots and lots of costuming to do, you take the easy way out when it is presented. It might be worth looking around.

CynicalAvocado
2010-09-13, 07:33 PM
i wish i had the goggles she wore. and all of michael cera's shirts in that movie

GoblinGilmartin
2010-09-13, 07:34 PM
The EXACT boots are probably a wardrobe department prop fabrication.

well, yeah, i figured that there would be a chance that that would be the case, but you never know, sometimes they make reproductions.

TO Knaight:
any ideas?

Knaight
2010-09-13, 07:56 PM
Hmm. You may very well have to buy them online. Otherwise, I stop being the right person to act, my clothes are extraordinarily plain.

GoblinGilmartin
2010-09-14, 12:59 PM
Hmm. You may very well have to buy them online. Otherwise, I stop being the right person to act, my clothes are extraordinarily plain.

thats fine, thank you though, I appreciate it.

Sakura
2011-04-27, 06:45 PM
The boots are Dr Martens. Here is a link to the exact ones from the movie, if you're still interested :)

http://www.drmartens.com/productdetail.asp?pid=12766001

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2011-04-27, 07:09 PM
Thread Necromancy is a forbidden magic in the Playground. :smallwink:

averagejoe
2011-04-28, 01:08 PM
The Mod They Call Me: Thread necromancy.