PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Daeklyr IC

The-Mage-King
2010-09-13, 07:17 PM
As you waited in the lobby of the Twelve's Sharn offices, you looked around, seeing another five people doing the same.

Thinking back to why you came here, you recall the letter sent to you, saying that you were being requested for a brief job, that the branch head wished to keep on the quiet side.

You can guess that it will be a few minutes until you are called in to the meeting.

Yeah, after everyone makes a post introducing themselves/igoring the others, you'll be called in. For Exposition.

RufusCorvus
2010-09-13, 07:28 PM
Nil, playing the part of a diffident human noble, glances at the group assembled about him. "So, what brings such a group of scalawags as us together, eh?"

Koury
2010-09-13, 07:35 PM
Corretha (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=237571) looks at each of the others in the room, one at a time, taking stock of them.

She looks at the human as he speaks, but says nothing in reply. She was not so foolish as to simply tell these strangers details about herself. She would, however, listen to any replies from the others.

After all, she thought, knowledge is power.

Axinian
2010-09-13, 09:06 PM
Sint enters and glances around before looking at the opened letter in his hand. Looks like I'm here at the right time, he says to himself.
He walks further into the room, spotting the other folks waiting. He positions himself to wait near Corretha.
"Apparently we have some task to complete, but the higher-ups don't want to get their hands dirty. Bothersome, but it looks like it'll pay well. Name's Sint, by the way," he extends a hand to Nil, "Nice to meet you..." he glances and Corretha and extends his other hand to her "And you."

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2010-09-13, 10:42 PM
Clunk

Clunk turns his emotionless eyes onto the human who spoke first.
"I was brought here with a note..." the huge warforged states not bothering to elebrate.

Clunk kept an eye on the exits as he sizes up everyone in the room and decides on the easiest way to dispatch them all if push came to shove.

His large hand clacks against his armblade as he makes sure for the fifth time in the last ten minutes that it is secure and ready for action.

Kobold-Bard
2010-09-14, 01:46 AM
Jarenne

Jarenne decided it would be batter to be in Human form, at least for the minute, so she is a darkly tanned woman with sea green hair.

"Well unlike the rest of you apparently I have a personal aim of investigating the rumblings up north, and was offered this job as a means of aiding that goal."

She could t understand the mortal need for secrecy, even for something so unimportant ad why they are sat in a room together.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-09-14, 09:54 PM
Lysander

A human with neck-length brown hair tied back in a ponytail stands off to the side, toying with a large, golden badge pinned ostentatiously to the front of his tunic.

"I'm always ready to ply my expertise and finesse when called on -- assuming that I am needed for a worthy cause. I eagerly await to find out what our employer needs my skills for."

Having said this, he stops playing with his badge and saunters over to the others.

"I'm Lysander Thetis. It's a pleasure to meet you," he says extending his hand to the group at large.

RufusCorvus
2010-09-14, 10:06 PM
Nil grins vapidly at each person in turn, greeting them in kind as they greeted him. "Pleased to meet you all. You can call me Alastor Nalanthis."

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2010-09-15, 10:42 PM
Clunk

Clunk nodded slowly listening to everyone speak. It was clear to him none of them possed an immediate threat.

"I am called Clunk..." he states and gives a crisp salute to the one calling himself 'Alastor'.

His black and silver body creeks and moans in protest when he moves his arm but the motion is fluid and sure.

The-Mage-King
2010-09-16, 06:18 PM
As Clunk salutes, the meeting room's doors open.

"Ah, the people I contacted. Come in, come in." A male voice says in a boisterous tone.

Axinian
2010-09-16, 06:31 PM
Sint strolls into the room with his hands in his pockets, softly whistling a tune.
He glances around to see what the place is like.

Spot:

[roll0]

RufusCorvus
2010-09-16, 06:40 PM
Keeping the smile on his face, Nil follows the others into the room.

Kobold-Bard
2010-09-17, 02:23 AM
Jarenne will go in last, letting others in first.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-09-18, 12:08 PM
Lysander nods his head politely to the others as he follows Nil into the room.

The-Mage-King
2010-09-22, 11:36 AM
Axinian:
You see nothing, most certainly nothing that looks like a deathtrap that was cleverly hidden, other than the meeting table, ten chairs, and the person who spoke.

Walking in, you look around the room, seeing a large table in the center, ten chairs around it, with one seat filled.

The man sitting in the chair is old, his hair already greying, and is wearing a practical outfit suitable for wizards to wear at meetings.

"Now then, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Shulal d'Cannith, head of the Sharn branch office of the Twelve." Shulal says, nodding as he does so.

"I called you here because a small... unofficial, expedition that I sent to the Eldeen Reaches a month ago failed to report back on time. I want you to investigate the area that they said they were going to make camp in, and report your findings to me." He continues, setting a simple folder on the table and sliding it to the place closest to you.

"You will be paid 500 gold apiece for completing this mission. Any questions?" He finished, looking at each of you.

Kobold-Bard
2010-09-22, 11:46 AM
Jarenne

"Sweet, getting paid to do what I was doing anyway."

Axinian
2010-09-22, 12:00 PM
"Tch, alright. Where do we need to go?"

Mushroom Ninja
2010-09-22, 02:44 PM
Lysander

"Might I inquire," asks Lysander, "What the purpose of the missing expedition was?"

The-Mage-King
2010-09-22, 03:08 PM
"A map to the location is inside the packet. As for the reason of the expedition... I had heard rumors of an artifact that appeared to date several thousand years there, and I dispatched them to investigate it."

RufusCorvus
2010-09-22, 03:09 PM
Nil glances around at the others, somewhat wary. "I won't say no to money."

Koury
2010-09-22, 03:55 PM
Corretha is silent for a moment, thinking on the offer.

She speaks up suddenly, saying "Have you attempted any divinations, or any other sorts of magics to determine where they are?"

Ragnarok'n'Roll
2010-09-22, 07:54 PM
Clunk

"Your terms are ... acceptable." Clunk says by way of an answer.

Clunk didn't have any questions so he stood silently listening to everyone speak - nodding at all the proper spots. He took careful note of everyone's questions trying to gauge the nature and qualities of his companions. He was less interested in the answers.

"Seem like a decent bunch..." he thinks to himself in approval.

He shifts his weight and looks back towards the door as he listens. His head slowly turns to look for other exits, just in case something goes wrong.

The-Mage-King
2010-09-23, 08:33 PM
"Unfortunately, our first report from them indicated that scrying and similar methods are not effective in the area around the artifact. In addition, I could only draw upon this branch's mages for my investigations, and they... Tend to be more... Flashy than that." Shulal replies to the query of divinations, before looking around.

"Now, I have arranged transport for you to the point where the expedition split from the main trail. I hope that you have good luck on this mission." He finishes, indicating that the meeting is over.

RufusCorvus
2010-09-23, 08:56 PM
Nil looks at each person in the room with a vapid smile. "Well, no sense dilly-dallying! Let's go."

Axinian
2010-09-24, 12:59 PM
"Heh sounds like this is going to be interesting. Haven't gotten out of town in a while..." Sint smiles. Nil's attitude is certainly uplifting.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-09-25, 01:56 PM
"Thank you for your time, sir. I'm sure we won't disappoint you," says Lysander, smiling and begins walking to the room's exit.

Kobold-Bard
2010-09-28, 02:05 AM
Jarenne politely waits until last again before leaving.

---------
I hope you weren't waiting on me saying that or something. If I say nothing in those situations feel free to assume I'll follow along quietly.

Koury
2010-10-09, 06:25 PM
Corretha looks through the packet, interested more in the artifact then the missing researchers.

After looking everything over, she begins preparing for the trip to the site.

RufusCorvus
2010-10-09, 07:54 PM
Nil barely glances at the packet. "When are we leaving?"

The-Mage-King
2010-10-14, 03:30 PM
Arriving at the lightning rail station the next day, tickets in hand, you are guided to a first class car.

Inside the car, there are two free compartments, the third holding a nervous looking gnome, carrying a case with the House Sivis coat on its side.

After you're shown where you're staying for the trip, the train begins moving, carrying you towards your destination.

Mushroom Ninja
2010-10-20, 02:50 PM
Smiling amiably at the gnome, Lysander sits down in a free compartment and prepares for a long ride.