PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] What is the quickest way to be able to use magic/psionics to conjour toys?

Pika...
2010-09-14, 02:18 AM
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=5ee9e22b24&view=att&th=12b0e9640f40b588&attid=0.2&disp=inline&zw

So with Rockie the Fighter probably finished, I am ready to move on to my next backup character.

His name: Santa the Rager

The back-story is that being a barbarian he as a children would occasionally see the children of settled communities play with so many toys when his tribe would come in for trade, but as a nomadic tribe his people could not afford the luxury of worrying of such items for their children. Now in his older years he feels all children of good behavior, regardless of race and creed should be able to enjoy such things in their youth. Hence he has retaken his adventurer's mantle, albeit a bit altered to not scare the young, to spend the rest of his life if need be to find a way of making this happen.

Notes:
-Part of his quest I imagine would be to find a way/being to grant him two wishes. The first being to allow him to somehow one day out of the year travel the entire globe and underdark in basically an instant (to avoid parents of deadly races....). The second being agelessness to see this through forever if able.
-Now, he is clearly a barbarian, but what would be the minimum classes needed to get the ability to conjour toys/make them psionically/etc? Or any other suggestions on this part?

Thanks in advance!

JeminiZero
2010-09-14, 03:49 AM
Making Toys is easy. Just comission some Wizard to make a tippy-esque production line of self-resetting traps. E.g.
1. Wall of Stone: Makes blocks of stone
2. Fabricate: Carves stone blocks into a variety stone toys and goods. Dwarf Fortress told me so.

Agelessness is also easy. Just play an Elan, and you stop ageing when you hit venerable (which also conveniently gives you nice white hair and beard).

Moving across the entire globe in an instant, dropping toys along the way: Very very difficult. In the best case you could use Wish to distribute the toys, since its nothing game-breaking, the DM might allow it. Otherwise you are going to need increasingly complicated shenanigans:

-Persisted Timestop: Do 24 hours worth of crap in 1 round. This technically RAW legal due to the odd wording of Timestop having a Duration of Apparent Time rather than being instantaneous. Requires massive metamagic discounting to pull off, and it can't be put into a custom item. Options include: DMM Persist, Anima Mage

-Time Accelerated Demiplane: Comission a Wizard to make one for you via Genesis. For every round of time that passes on the globe, several days have passed on your demiplane, so you can take thousands rounds of actions, for each round that passes on the material plane. You can then do something like:
0a) Comission Item that can cast Time Stop at will
0b) Comission Item that can cast Gate at will
0c) Find some means of flying
1) Cast Time Stop
2) Time Stop Round 1: Cast Gate using the Planar Travel function. Orientate it so that it is horizontal, faces up, just below you (since you are flying you shouldn't fall through)
3) Free Action: Drop Toy as free action through the gate
4) Time Stop Round 2: Dismiss the Gate

You can do this repeatedly through that one night on the globe, equivalent to years or even decades on your Time-Accelerated Demiplane, and drop off millions of toys, opening a Gate to the globe only while you are in time stop to prevent stuff from attacking you.

Edit: Another thought just occured to me. If you could somehow get Greater Teleport to become a ranged targetted spell, it becomes eligible for storage in a Spellblade Tennis (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151109) battery. You could then build up a stockpile of toys, and on delivery night, you then target the toys with Greater Teleport as free actions, and send them to their destinations without going there yourself (as teleport would normally entail).

Heliomance
2010-09-14, 09:00 AM
Once you've got the demiplane, Planar Bubble is a far more efficient way of using its time trait. You just need to find a way of making it count as your home plane.

Also, Ocular Spell might work to make teleport ranged.

Pika...
2010-09-15, 11:13 AM
Ohh....a whole plane? That is ambitious. O.O

Hmm. Would this fit well in the Plane of Candy?

And I love the idea of having someone make toy making machines. Strange, since Gnomes would be better than Elves for his helps in D&D...

Maybe put fake ears on the Gnomes?