PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Sephiroth!

CTLC
2010-09-14, 08:32 AM
how?
thanks in advance. starting at level 2, building all the way up/
ideas for fenrir would be nice aswell
i understand it cant be the full awesome of sephiroth as a tier three. but still.

The Glyphstone
2010-09-14, 08:39 AM
Wut.

Are you looking for stats for Sephiroth as a monster? A build that imitates Sephiroth?

Awnetu
2010-09-14, 08:45 AM
Wut.

Are you looking for stats for Sephiroth as a monster? A build that imitates Sephiroth?

My character is a fusion of myself and sephiroth :smallbiggrin:

The Glyphstone
2010-09-14, 09:06 AM

Why did you have to remind me of that thread?:smallfurious::smalleek:

Adumbration
2010-09-14, 09:22 AM
Why did you have to remind me of that thread?:smallfurious::smalleek:

Can I get a link to that thread? Sounds very interesting. :smalltongue:

Khatoblepas
2010-09-14, 09:30 AM
Sephiroth, in his purest form, is:
Magic-Blooded Human Warblade 5/Ur-Priest 2/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10 with 3 levels of Titan Bloodline so "Only he can wield Masamune" (actually a Gargantuan Bastard Sword). You got your swordplay, your casting, and his supernatural abilities. Perhaps add in Spellwarped if you're going epic. He has Leadership, and his cohort is Jenova, who is an abberation with spellcasting.

Become Bizarro/Safer Sephiroth are Epic spells that heal him to full and allow him to Polymorph into other, more powerful forms. They are Contingent on his death. The DC is mitigated by using the Lifestream down to Cost 0 (he only has two epic spells since he only has Knowledge (religion) in the twenties). Only Sephiroth has epic magic in this setting, and using the Lifestream to cast these spells would drain the sanity of those who use it. Fortunately, Sephiroth is already stark raving mad.

Esser-Z
2010-09-14, 09:31 AM
Obviously he will have Monkey Grip.

Thinker
2010-09-14, 09:35 AM
Obviously he will have Monkey Grip.

You are a bad person.

Esser-Z
2010-09-14, 09:36 AM
You are a bad person.

How else is he going to get that oversized sword?!

AslanCross
2010-09-14, 09:42 AM
Ragnorra from Elder Evils actually greatly resembles Jenova. She comes on a comet, splatters bits and pieces of herself on the surface of the planet, and begins a "Reunion." Once she assembles enough of herself, she begins to cover the earth and begin spawning Aberrations.

Khatoblepas
2010-09-14, 09:43 AM
How else is he going to get that oversized sword?!

Titan Bloodline (for gargantuan weapons), Those gauntlets from the MIC that allow you to wield weapons one size catagory larger, Goliath/Half-Giant.

Anything but Monkey Grip!

Ragnorra from Elder Evils actually greatly resembles Jenova. She comes on a comet, splatters bits and pieces of herself on the surface of the planet, and begins a "Reunion." Once she assembles enough of herself, she begins to cover the earth and begin spawning Aberrations.

Hey, that means we can make him devoted to her, giving him extra feats to spend on his madness and depravity. Extra reach and immunity to mind-affecting spells?

Esser-Z
2010-09-14, 09:44 AM
Titan Bloodline (for gargantuan weapons), Those gauntlets from the MIC that allow you to wield weapons one size catagory larger, Goliath/Half-Giant.

Still not big enough! That things ridiculously long! :smalltongue:

Gerrtt
2010-09-14, 09:46 AM
But there's no point in making taking a feat that ultimately makes him worse at fighting...

Esser-Z
2010-09-14, 09:47 AM
Not if you're building for effectiveness, no!

Mind, I still say Cloud should've ditched the buster sword and took the guy on with a regular one. If you can move something that big fast and precisely, you can move a normal blade much, much faster!

Awnetu
2010-09-14, 09:49 AM
Cant you take something like the Strongarm Bracers or somesuch to get the feat without taking it?

Thinker
2010-09-14, 09:51 AM

That's not what the Titan Bloodline ability actually does. You get Use oversized weapon (Ex) as the titan special ability. Let's look what that says:

Oversized Weapon (Ex)
A titan wields a great, two-handed warhammer (big enough for Gargantuan creatures) without penalty.

You cannot use all weapons sized for gargantuan creatures, only a two-handed warhammer.

The Glyphstone
2010-09-14, 09:54 AM
Can we use Aptitude Weapon cheese?

Thinker
2010-09-14, 10:01 AM
Can we use Aptitude Weapon cheese?

I'm fairly certain that Aptitude only applies to feats. I'm away from books right now so I can't be sure.

Boci
2010-09-14, 10:25 AM
I like the idea of worshipping Ragnorra, but if you want to be able to spread the virus as well you could reflavour the necromantic cyst from libris mortif, then maybe go Sorcadin (paladin/sorceror)?

Fax Celestis
2010-09-14, 10:45 AM
Mind, I still say Cloud should've ditched the buster sword and took the guy on with a regular one. If you can move something that big fast and precisely, you can move a normal blade much, much faster!

Relevant. (http://www.duelinganalogs.com/comics/2006-04-26.png) :smallbiggrin:

Deth Muncher
2010-09-14, 10:47 AM
-sigh- I'd tell you to go fall on your sword for suggesting this, but in this particular instance, you'd be falling a looooooong time.

Maerok
2010-09-14, 12:01 PM
What can be done with Powerful Build / Monkey Grip / Full-blade?

Thinker
2010-09-14, 12:19 PM
What can be done with Powerful Build / Monkey Grip / Full-blade?

Nothing. Monkey Grip and Powerful Build do not stack.

Spiryt
2010-09-14, 12:25 PM
I wonder, can't your character just take greatsword stats, and say: "My sword is ridiculously long, and I'm so raw and dandruff free that I can make it work somehow, with footwork and stabs ...blah....".

This is simplest and best solution IMHO.

Kobold-Bard
2010-09-14, 12:26 PM
Sephiroth, in his purest form, is:
Magic-Blooded Human Warblade 5/Ur-Priest 2/Ruby Knight Vindicator 10 with 3 levels of Titan Bloodline so "Only he can wield Masamune" (actually a Gargantuan Bastard Sword). You got your swordplay, your casting, and his supernatural abilities. Perhaps add in Spellwarped if you're going epic. He has Leadership, and his cohort is Jenova, who is an abberation with spellcasting.

Become Bizarro/Safer Sephiroth are Epic spells that heal him to full and allow him to Polymorph into other, more powerful forms. They are Contingent on his death. The DC is mitigated by using the Lifestream down to Cost 0 (he only has two epic spells since he only has Knowledge (religion) in the twenties). Only Sephiroth has epic magic in this setting, and using the Lifestream to cast these spells would drain the sanity of those who use it. Fortunately, Sephiroth is already stark raving mad.
I want your babies for explaining this so concisely.

If you have no babies I will accept housepets.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-14, 12:28 PM
I don't think there's enough hair product to effectively cover that character outside of an FF setting.

Crasical
2010-09-14, 12:28 PM
I hate to tangent off, but what does everyone think of the Elven Court Sword from races of the wild? As described, it does slightly less damage than a Greatsword, does slashing or piercing damage, and is finesse-able. I've been considering rolling up a Swashbuckler with one and describing the court sword as a masamune-style nodachi.

I don't want to go all 'katanas are underpowered in 3.5' glorious sword-worshiping, but my perception of the katana vs. bastard sword was always that the katana was a lighter, faster kind of sword, and I always wondered why it wasn't finessable. The fact that the court sword is finesse-able makes me picture it as a long katana, rather than the oversized rapier that I think it's supposed to be.

woodenbandman
2010-09-14, 01:03 PM
Let me tell you about my DnD animes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQlZgko5DCI)

Crasical
2010-09-14, 02:01 PM
http://gayball.mybrute.com/

... You named your brute Gayball?

CTLC
2010-09-14, 02:40 PM
actually, right now im rocking the burlew homebrew of the champion.
fits.
thanks for all your replies folks. will take the information.
take it like a man.

Morph Bark
2010-09-14, 03:11 PM

If Titan Bloodline is ruled to not work like that... make it Half-Minotaur Goliath. Keep him at 8 feet tall so he still looks small enough to be human, and fluff his minotaur-horns as curving back to resemble really long grey hair. :smallamused:

Trenelus
2010-09-14, 04:24 PM
For more simple version you might use aasimar duskblade with fullblade, take two feats from faerun books to get wings and call it a day. Use with the gauntlets if you want bigger sword.

AslanCross
2010-09-14, 06:11 PM
I hate to tangent off, but what does everyone think of the Elven Court Sword from races of the wild? As described, it does slightly less damage than a Greatsword, does slashing or piercing damage, and is finesse-able. I've been considering rolling up a Swashbuckler with one and describing the court sword as a masamune-style nodachi.

I don't want to go all 'katanas are underpowered in 3.5' glorious sword-worshiping, but my perception of the katana vs. bastard sword was always that the katana was a lighter, faster kind of sword, and I always wondered why it wasn't finessable. The fact that the court sword is finesse-able makes me picture it as a long katana, rather than the oversized rapier that I think it's supposed to be.

Except it really isn't. The bastard sword (longsword in real life; the "longsword" in D&D is more properly called an arming sword) weighed pretty much the same on average (a little under 4 pounds), and had its own techniques that didn't involve ponderous movements (contrary to what the media tells us). The experts in the real life weapons thread can give better and clearer info. Some even believe all swords should be finessable.

This link provides a good analysis of both weapons. (http://www.thearma.org/essays/longsword-and-katana.html)
Here's a longsword demonstration. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4Ng6DBfrg&feature=related)
There's quite a bit of finesse involved.

That said, the Courtblade is awesome---just annoying that one has to waste a feat slot to use it.

Zhalath
2010-09-14, 08:00 PM
Except it really isn't. The bastard sword (longsword in real life; the "longsword" in D&D is more properly called an arming sword) weighed pretty much the same on average (a little under 4 pounds), and had its own techniques that didn't involve ponderous movements (contrary to what the media tells us). The experts in the real life weapons thread can give better and clearer info. Some even believe all swords should be finessable.

This link provides a good analysis of both weapons. (http://www.thearma.org/essays/longsword-and-katana.html)
Here's a longsword demonstration. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4Ng6DBfrg&feature=related)
There's quite a bit of finesse involved.

That said, the Courtblade is awesome---just annoying that one has to waste a feat slot to use it.
I thought there were some rules for exchanging racial weapon proficiencies/familiarities with others, so that an elf could be familiar with the courtblade, and then just acquire All Martial Weapons. If I'm mistaken, then I shouldn't be.

I always thought Exotic Weapon Prof. should be reserved for weapons that actually are pretty ridiculous, like whips and spiked chains and swords filled with poisonous heavy metals.

If Titan Bloodline is ruled to not work like that... make it Half-Minotaur Goliath. Keep him at 8 feet tall so he still looks small enough to be human, and fluff his minotaur-horns as curving back to resemble really long grey hair. :smallamused:
http://listsoplenty.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/minotaur.jpg
http://media.adventchildren.net/wallpapers/site/ac_sephiroth_1024.jpg
I'm not seeing a resemblance here. Only one of those pictures is pretty enough to be mistaken for a girl.

dgnslyr
2010-09-14, 08:10 PM
I'm not seeing a resemblance here. Only one of those pictures is pretty enough to be mistaken for a girl.

That's the beauty of it.

Crow
2010-09-14, 10:59 PM

Now that's a blast from the past! Thanks for making my day with that one (from the vault)!

FMArthur
2010-09-14, 11:41 PM
Hey, does anyone have a link to that thread? I remember starting to read it recently (I think because of another similar thread?) and I never got to finish it or bookmark it for future use as an example.

AslanCross
2010-09-15, 05:22 AM
I thought there were some rules for exchanging racial weapon proficiencies/familiarities with others, so that an elf could be familiar with the courtblade, and then just acquire All Martial Weapons. If I'm mistaken, then I shouldn't be.

Indeed there are, but they're only for the Dwarf and Gnome, which have Weapon familiarity. Elves just get proficiencies by default (though it's not unreasonable to houserule that they are proficient with the lightblade, thinblade and courtblade instead of the longsword and rapier.

DementedFellow
2010-09-15, 05:50 AM
Now that's a blast from the past! Thanks for making my day with that one (from the vault)!

Please my googlefu fails me. Where can I find a link?

Morph Bark
2010-09-15, 08:38 AM

The problem is the first picture you linked was a minotaur, not a half-minotaur. Plus it still has normal horns in that picture, rather than it looking somewhat like hair.

Crow
2010-09-15, 09:51 AM
Please my googlefu fails me. Where can I find a link?

I don't know, but I sure hope someone finds it and posts it here.

Awnetu
2010-09-15, 10:50 AM
Sadly, I cannot find it, I was 8 pages in with the search tool, and then I just stopped.

Boci
2010-09-15, 10:53 AM
As per popular demand: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63740

Zhalath
2010-09-15, 08:20 PM
Indeed there are, but they're only for the Dwarf and Gnome, which have Weapon familiarity. Elves just get proficiencies by default (though it's not unreasonable to houserule that they are proficient with the lightblade, thinblade and courtblade instead of the longsword and rapier.
I'd take that. Courtblades are sweet. Also, if you have MWP, you get longsword and rapier.
Hmm, "elven courtbow"...

The problem is the first picture you linked was a minotaur, not a half-minotaur. Plus it still has normal horns in that picture, rather than it looking somewhat like hair.

Well, then show me a picture of a half-minotaur. No, seriously, I can't find one, so I just took the more humanoid looking image of a minotaur I found.

You could also be female. No horns to deal with, and you look that much closer to the pretty boy.