PDA

View Full Version : You will nom me! NOM ME I SAY! [PEACH]

Morph Bark
2010-09-15, 09:54 AM
Continuing from where I left off (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168226) with the series of Flaw-based Commoner PrCs!

Not complete yet, but the bulk is up and ready for comments.

EDIT: This now has a (sort-of) follow-up PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170098)!

TASTED

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/202/1/5/HTTYD___Lick_Lick_by_mirmin.jpg
by mirmin of DeviantART

"Defeat is bittersweet, spike your ice with spice to be as hot as you are cool, and never forget that a sour face does not sit well with people."
~ Louco Pestír, venerable Tasted

You fight creatures like how one makes a successful coup d’êtait: from the inside! You may be just a henchman to others, but everyone you meet will want a taste of you!

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
BAB: +2
Flaws: Delicious (Dragon 330, page 87)
Skills: Climb 5 ranks, Escape Artist 2 ranks, Spot 2 ranks

Delicious
Someone cast divine flavor on you.
Benefits: All monsters attack you if able, regardless of their attitude towards the rest of the party. In addition, you go down smooth. When subjected to a swallow whole special attack, you are treated as two size categories smaller.

For the purposes of this flaw, "monsters" include any carnivorous or omnivorous creatures with a Con score, excluding animals and creatures with a humanoid body shape (exceptions may exist at DM's leisure).

Class Skills
The Class Name's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Escape Artist (Dex), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str) and Tumble (Dex).
Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + Int

Hit Dice: d12

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+ 0|
+0|Go Down Smooth, Mounting the Enemy, Nom de Nourriture

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Stomach Resistance, Taste

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Sneak Attack +1d6, Taste

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Taste

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Revolting Strike, Sneak Attack +2d6, Taste[/table]

Go Down Smooth: A Tasted focuses on getting quite literally in the thick of things: by forcing herself down the throats of monsters to fight them from the inside. She can make an opposed Strength check against her foe once she has reached their mouth to open it up and slip inside as a standard action. She can only do this with foes at least one size category larger than her and they don’t need to have the Swallow Whole ability. While inside a creature the creature counts as flat-footed against the Tasted and cannot benefit from the effects of such things as Uncanny Dodge or the Dodge feat - furthermore they are denied their armour bonus and only half their natural armour counts. A Tasted can only take light weapons with her while going inside a creature this way and she cannot be wearing medium or heavy armour or holding a shield unless it is a buckler.

For further information regarding being inside of another creature, see this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9411375&postcount=39).

Mounting the Enemy: A Tasted can climb on enemies that are at least one size category larger than her. Climb DCs for this tend to be in the 10-15 range, but are left up to the DM. To reach a foe’s head a Tasted usually needs to make one Climb check for every size category the foe is larger than her if the foe is bipedal and stands upright. For a quadruped or similar form of creature the amount of Climb checks required are reduced by 1 (to a minimum of 1). Certain factors in the creature’s build can add another check to this, like having a long neck.

Nom de Nourriture (Su): As a Tasted, your name becomes widely known once you start fighting the way you do, as everyone will find it hilarious and yet awesome the way you bear yourself and handle your monstrous opponents. You gain a +2 on Diplomacy checks and Perform (comedy) checks if people know your name, but every time you tell someone your name, or someone else tells someone your name and they already know about your exploits since at least 1d4 days and you are within their line of sight, they must make a Will save (DC 10 + your class level + your Con mod) or immediately go up to you to lick you.

This ability only works once on any person each day. People who spend two full successive days with you in a row become immune to its effect.

Stomach Resistance: Having kept at her tactics for a while, a Tasted starts to develop a measure of resistance against the crushing of digestive systems and the acids therein. The Tasted gains DR/slashing or piercing and Acid Resistance equal to their class level.

Taste: Having gotten inside your foes so often, being covered in saliva and the half-digested remains of food, practically a part of so many magical creatures right before their untimely death at your gut-stabbing hand, your body seems to have been… altered. At level 2 a Tasted becomes able to modify her body to emit a strong flavor to those she is licked by or those whose mouths she sneaks into. She selects one Taste option at level 2 and every level afterwards. She can change her current Taste as a standard action. Of course, she can also set it back to normal.

Bitter: Target must make a Fort save (DC 10 + class level + Con modifier) or start shuddering from the yucky flavour and take a -2 penalty to Str and Dex for 1 round.

Brothy: You taste like a meaty broth. If the target is carnivorous or omnivorous, it becomes very hungry. They are affected as if they are suddenly suffering from starvation and immediately need to start making Constitution checks. They must also make a Fort save (DC 10 + class level + Con modifier) or become fatigued because of the deliciousness and need to eat. If the target is herbivorous, it must make a Fort save (DC 10 + class level + Con modifier) or become frightened. On a failed save it becomes shaken instead. You must be a level 4 Tasted before you can select this Taste.

Dry: You taste like dry red wine. Target must make a Fort save (DC 10 + class level + Con modifier) or feel as if slightly intoxicated. They become dazzled for 1 round.

Minty: Target must make a Fort save (DC 10 + class level + Con modifier) or feel as if their tongue is freezing over. They take 1d6 nonlethal damage as if affected by cold environments.

Salty: Target must make a Fort save (DC 10 + class level + Con modifier) or become very thirsty. They are affected as if they are suddenly suffering from dehydration and immediately need to start making Constitution checks.

Sour: Target must make a Fort save (DC 10 + class level + Con modifier) or have their face forcibly contorted into one that looks like a wrinkly old lemon. They take a -2 penalty to Con and Cha for 1 round.

Spicy: Target must make a Fort save (DC 10 + class level + Con modifier) or feel as if their tongue is on fire. They take 1d6 nonlethal damage as if affected by hot environments.

Sweet: Target must make a Fort save (DC 10 + class level + Con modifier) or be taken back to their childhood or the good places in life and take a -2 penalty to Int and Wis for 1 round.

Sneak Attack: At level 3 a Tasted begins to have an intuitive sense for striking the more sensitive and critical anatomical spots on a creature’s body, even from the inside… especially from the inside. They can deal 1d6 Sneak Attack damage while flanking or attack a flat-footed foe. At level 5 this increases to 2d6.

Revolting Strike (Ex): At level 5 a Tasted gains the ability to, once per day, execute a Revolting Strike. She must sacrifice one die of Sneak Attack to be able to use this ability. The target must make a Fortitude save with a DC equal to 10 + half the damage dealt. If the target fails the save it is nauseated for an amount of rounds equal to your Strength modifier (minimum 1). If the target succeeds they are sickened instead.

NEW FEATS

AFTERTASTE [TASTY]
Prerequisites: Taste class feature, two Tastes
Benefit: You can have two Tastes active at once. One is your primary Taste that affects an enemy on the round they taste you. The other one is your secondary Taste - your aftertaste. Your aftertaste affects the enemy on the next round and requires a seperate Fort save.

BLOCK THE WINDPIPE [TASTY]
Prerequisites: BAB+11, Go Down Smooth class feature, Sneak Attack +2d6
Benefit: When using your Go Down Smooth class feature, you can make an attack of opportunity to lodge a weapon in the targets windpipe. The target must need to breathe, your Sneak Attack must apply to the attack and you must have an object in your hand. Make a Strength check opposed by the target's Con check. If you succeed, you manage to jam the object in the targets windpipe as you go down to their stomach. The target starts suffocating.

EXTRA TASTE [TASTY]
Prerequisites: Taste class feature
Benefit: You gain an extra Taste.
Special: You can take this feat more than once.

MASTER JAWBREAKER [TASTY]
Prerequisites: Climb 8 ranks, Escape Artist 4 ranks, Medium size or smaller, Go Down Smooth class feature
Benefit: When making Strength checks for your Go Down Smooth class feature you get a +2 bonus if the target is Large, and another +2 for every size category larger than Large.

PLAYING A TASTED
You are tasty! You are hot! You are cool! You are bittersweet! Your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard! YOU WILL BE TASTED!
Combat: Here's a section where you will describe common combat methods for your class. Remember to include information on how your class will use his powers in combat.
Advancement: This is a section on different options and paths that the class can go down when they advance in power.
Resources: What resources might a member of this PrC be able to draw on..

TASTED IN THE WORLD
I swear, I just wanted to lick the guy for some reason. That doesn’t make me a pervert, right?

Tasted are well-known, but mostly tend to be written off as a folk tale, something silly to talk about at the local tavern or to tell kids - often to gross them out and have them run to their parents to ask them if it’s true. When you come to town though, suddenly it’s no longer a folk tale, but reality, and everyone and their mother - and their father - will want a piece of you. Just hope they don’t take a literal piece.
Daily Life: Most Tasted live in isolated communities that are haunted by great cuisine of its inhabitants and monsters droolin’ for some chewin’. Chewin’ on your people, that is! They get up in the morning, eat breakfast - often made by a servant who is resistant enough to their flavourful charms - and then go out to slay monsters and bring peace to the region. Because if they don’t do it, who will? Also, the monsters often end up as food themselves. Gotta use every part, yanno?
Notables: The lady Duchess Troyna of Hagginshen is the adoptive daughter of the late Duke of Hagginshen, said to have wanted her around him forever since he first saw her in the flesh. So succulent, so tasty… They say she’s one of the most capable diplomats of the country and that she is most often called upon when the King needs someone to talk to the giant and troll clans, the dragons or the Deviant Creator, the fleshwarping wizard Xinbaugh III.
Organizations: Sadly, Tasted have discovered that when they meet others of their kind, they are not resistant to the taste of one another. While attempts have been made by some to create a Union for them, many churches have often busted them if they didn’t fall apart on their own, accusing them of cultist rituals involving a lot of… erm… temptation.

NPC Reaction
O GOD I WANT TO LICK YOU CAN I PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP AND A MINI CHERRY ON TOP OF THE CHERRY WITH SOME WHIP CREAM

TASTED IN THE GAME
Tasted are not likely to upset game balance since overall they are still weak compared to those they fight or fight alongside. They might be awkward in many parties though, and once inside a monster they can no longer be attack under the normal rules, but if they face a larger group they have a greater tendency to drag a fight on before they ultimately go down.
Adaptation: It’s very likely that there haven’t been many Tasted in your campaign world yet, and if there have been, they probably got eaten before they became famous. As such, it is easy enough to bring them in, but once they’re in… you’ll find them too flavourful to want to let them leave.
Encounters: It’s simple. If you don’t want to weird out your players, don’t ever let them meet a Tasted. Especially considering they will need to make Will saves against their Nom de Nourriture ability as well. Seriously. Otherwise? Go crazy!

DracoDei
2010-09-15, 10:04 AM
Once again, I swoop in and post links to (my) prior art.

Look! Up in the sky! Its a condor! Its an alligator! No... its Cross-Reference Dragon!!!
Tiger Claw Maneuvers related to "Swallow Whole". (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140299)

Also, what is the intended mechanical effect of "Mounting the Enemy"? It doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the class.

You need to specify default damage per round for enemies without swallow whole.

Morph Bark
2010-09-15, 10:54 AM
Also, what is the intended mechanical effect of "Mounting the Enemy"? It doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the class.

You need to specify default damage per round for enemies without swallow whole.

Basically, normally I think you can't climb on enemies or generally just aren't allowed to or at least intended to. Mounting the Enemy is just to say "you can Climb onto your enemy", and is actually necessary if you intend to use Go Down Smooth.

And that's a good idea yeah... let me try figure something out by extrapolating from creatures that do have Swallow Whole.

In the meantime I updated the abilities with (Ex) or (Su) tags where necessary and added a picture that seems appropriate.

kestrel404
2010-09-15, 11:41 AM
You should note that while inside the creature, they are flat-footed even if they have Uncanny Dodge, Improved uncanny dodge, or some other ability that renders them immune to being flat-footed. The creature can still be immune to sneak attacks some other way, but if you've got clean access to their liver, you should darn well be able to stab it.

Also, what exactly does the Delicious flaw do?

DracoDei
2010-09-15, 11:43 AM
Oh, right... got to get to the head before you can force your way into its mouth... maybe D&D often doesn't worry about stuff like that? In either case, I approve, although you might want to add some fluff to the climbing ability to make the connection more obvious to GMs (so they will enforce the need), and players.

Morph Bark
2010-09-15, 01:03 PM
You should note that while inside the creature, they are flat-footed even if they have Uncanny Dodge, Improved uncanny dodge, or some other ability that renders them immune to being flat-footed. The creature can still be immune to sneak attacks some other way, but if you've got clean access to their liver, you should darn well be able to stab it.

Also, what exactly does the Delicious flaw do?

Ah, right. I'll make a note of that. But yeah, if you're inside a zombie dragon, or a plant creature, Sneak Attack still won't work.

And the Delicious Flaw is a Commoner-only Flaw that basically makes any monster attack you, regardless of its attitude towards your party members. You also count as two size categories smaller for purposes of being affected by Swallow Whole (which could make you get swallowed by creatures of the same size as you if you'd get a size increase).

Oh, right... got to get to the head before you can force your way into its mouth... maybe D&D often doesn't worry about stuff like that? In either case, I approve, although you might want to add some fluff to the climbing ability to make the connection more obvious to GMs (so they will enforce the need), and players.

Yeah, DnD isn't really occupied with such things, so houseruling is in effect, kinda. I'll add more flavour later, for sure, because crunch-only is boring and with this I got more of an idea for it than with the previous PrCs (with which the fluff didn't really need explaining as it was that obvious).

Magicyop
2010-09-15, 06:13 PM
Nom doesn't say it only works the first time you tell someone your name... so could I walk through a town where they've heard of me and chant "Magicyop, Magicyop, Magicyop, Magicyop" and have people run up and repeatedly lick me? :smallbiggrin:

Funny class. Seems like it would be great against monsters relying on swallow whole especially.

Lix Lorn
2010-09-16, 07:07 AM
I adore it. XD
What does taste do?

Morph Bark
2010-09-16, 08:09 AM
Nom doesn't say it only works the first time you tell someone your name... so could I walk through a town where they've heard of me and chant "Magicyop, Magicyop, Magicyop, Magicyop" and have people run up and repeatedly lick me? :smallbiggrin:

Funny class. Seems like it would be great against monsters relying on swallow whole especially.

Hm... point. It's not intended to work that way though, but I'll just leave that up to DM decisions for Rule of Funny. :smalltongue:

I adore it. XD
What does taste do?

Taste has now been added! I plan on making more to add to it later though. :smallwink:

Also added lots more flavour descriptions and changed the Nom de Nourriture ability to function off Con instead of Cha. Yum~

Lix Lorn
2010-09-16, 08:36 AM
Oh, this is cool! I would use this for a PC.

Magicyop
2010-09-16, 10:28 AM
Do the taste options stack? So if I'm currently Bitter and someone licks me twice, do they take a -4 penalty? X^D now I really want to make a tasty-corpse using this one and broken corpse... I'm imagining someone bringing a coffin through town and people running up and licking the dead body.

Owrtho
2010-09-16, 12:37 PM
Seems like you should note that you can't use go down smooth on creatures without mouths, and that the tastes don't work on creatures without taste (like most constructs).

Owrtho

Magicyop
2010-09-16, 02:15 PM
What other commoner flaw prestige classes are upcoming? :smalltongue:

Morph Bark
2010-09-16, 03:17 PM
Do the taste options stack? So if I'm currently Bitter and someone licks me twice, do they take a -4 penalty? X^D now I really want to make a tasty-corpse using this one and broken corpse... I'm imagining someone bringing a coffin through town and people running up and licking the dead body.

Sad to say (not really :smalltongue:), but no. This would probably fall under "doesn't stack if it is from the same source unless it specifically states it stacks".

Seems like you should note that you can't use go down smooth on creatures without mouths, and that the tastes don't work on creatures without taste (like most constructs).

Owrtho

Well, that should be obvious. :smalltongue:

What other commoner flaw prestige classes are upcoming? :smalltongue:

Oh, I have got a few ideas. There are 7 more Commoner flaws that I haven't touched upon yet, one which interacts with the Delicious flaw that the Tasted is based off. I have plans for at least three of these, though I also have ideas for a non-Commoner-specific PrC that I want to put out soon. And there is also the two ToB disciplines that I've made a basic write-up of that I should finish sometime... but the Commoner flaw PrCs come first. Those are easier and I'm on a roll with them right now anyway.

Magicyop
2010-09-16, 03:30 PM
I almost want to play one of these as a player character just to have a good time with how exceptionally ineffective I am.

Fighter: I slash the dragon with my sword!
Wizard: I zap the dragon with my lightning!
Ranger: I fire an arrow at the dragon!
Tasted: I open the dragon's mouth, climb inside, and let it eat me!
Other party members: ...

Lix Lorn
2010-09-16, 04:33 PM
I almost want to play one of these as a player character just to have a good time with how exceptionally ineffective I am.

Fighter: I slash the dragon with my sword!
Wizard: I zap the dragon with my lightning!
Ranger: I fire an arrow at the dragon!
Tasted: I open the dragon's mouth, climb inside, and let it eat me!
Other party members: ...
On the next round, when you say
'It takes 1d6 cold damage from minty flavour and then I sneak attack its lungs.' They'll be more impressed.

Morph Bark
2010-09-16, 05:38 PM
On the next round, when you say
'It takes 1d6 cold damage from minty flavour and then I sneak attack its lungs.' They'll be more impressed.

Remember that it's only 1d4 nonlethal as if from a cold environment. The Endurance feat, being Undead or being a Construct would cancel that out.

Or do you think I might as well make it 1d6, or make it 1d4 lethal damage? (1d4 cold for Minty, 1d4 fire for Spicy?)

imp_fireball
2010-09-16, 06:23 PM
Taste: Having gotten inside your foes so often, being covered in saliva and the half-digested remains of food, practically a part of so many magical creatures right before their untimely death at your gut-stabbing hand, your body seems to have been… altered. At level 2 a Tasted becomes able to modify her body to emit a strong flavor to those she is licked by or those whose mouths she sneaks into. She selects one Taste option at level 2 and every level afterwards. She can change her current Taste as a standard action. Of course, she can also set it back to normal.

Should it only apply to creatures that can be affected by abilities that are mind affecting?

Also, maybe they should have a PRC or a capstone ability that allows them to dominate and 'pilot' the creatures they are inside (they wrench the organs, ultimately affecting the brain entirely and all actions) - as long as they remain inside.

Or do you think I might as well make it 1d6, or make it 1d4 lethal damage? (1d4 cold for Minty, 1d4 fire for Spicy?)

Maybe it should be both lethal and non-lethal?

Non-lethal damage from a cold environment is usually exhaustion I'd rule. You aren't freezing specific body parts and you are trying to constantly work and keep moving to keep warm (ie. warming yourself). Which is why environments that are 'too cold' tend to do lethal damage and can penetrate insulation.

Cold weather outfits are just insulation - so you still need to work to keep warm. It's just the heat lasts longer, but you still need to keep working in colder environments.

Actual sealed suits would be the best thing because you don't need to work to keep warm if you have your own thermal cycling atmosphere - so you could sleep in an open blizzard and be unaffected (as long as the suit is on).
----

So maybe lethal damage since their frozen tongue seems to cause them great pain (as in like, their skin is splitting open and the blood flow is being affected which could kill quite quickly; even frostburn is just non-lethal damage though - it doesn't rupture organs and it merely numbs limbs and destroys skin... albeit very difficult to recover from since muscles can be affected too I believe).

DracoDei
2010-09-16, 08:46 PM
I dunno... not working against constructs, undead, or anything with the Endurance feat sounds just about right for a feature of this class.

Zhalath
2010-09-16, 09:09 PM
This makes me want to find a way to become Fine, and then buff my Str. Then I will force myself down my enemy's throats and bring horrible death to their intestines!

Also, do you taste good to yourself? I mean, if I tasted good to myself, I'd be licking my fingers all the time.

un_known
2010-09-16, 09:13 PM
That gives an interesting new option for something you could put in M-Bark.

Possibly something to do with sticky fingers; like a bonus to your climbing on enemies?

Magicyop
2010-09-16, 09:17 PM
Hmm... Warhulk and a bunch of shrinking effects? +20 str, you could use Compression and Reduce Person would make a Halfling fine sized. You can put those together in a fairly expensive magic item which would make them permanent.

Zhalath
2010-09-16, 09:24 PM
Hmm... Warhulk and a bunch of shrinking effects? +20 str, you could use Compression and Reduce Person would make a Halfling fine sized. You can put those together in a fairly expensive magic item which would make them permanent.

http://www.trailershut.com/movie-posters/Bill-and-Ted%E2%80%99s-Excellent-Inception-Mash-Up-Movie-Poster.jpg

Magicyop
2010-09-16, 09:34 PM
Calculated price and made an item:

Super Power Hat of Shrinking
150,000 GP
Reduces your size by three size categories while you wear the hat. This increases your dex by 6 and reduces your strength by 6, but the hat also boosts your strength by 6, so you take no strength penalty and gain 6 dexterity.

If you're willing to pay for an epic item you can make one that gives you insane strength while shrinking you.

Morph Bark
2010-09-17, 05:08 AM
This makes me want to find a way to become Fine, and then buff my Str. Then I will force myself down my enemy's throats and bring horrible death to their intestines!

Also, do you taste good to yourself? I mean, if I tasted good to myself, I'd be licking my fingers all the time.

If you select a Taste that you like, you taste good to yourself. :smallwink:

That gives an interesting new option for something you could put in M-Bark.

Possibly something to do with sticky fingers; like a bonus to your climbing on enemies?

Hmmm... it's an idea. I had thoughts of making a feat or two to go with this PrC, that could be another one.

Take note that a Halfling cannot enter Warhulk though, and if you're saying you'd want +20 Str in a magic item... that'd be costly. Very very much so. :smalleek:

http://www.trailershut.com/movie-posters/Bill-and-Ted%E2%80%99s-Excellent-Inception-Mash-Up-Movie-Poster.jpg

:smallbiggrin:

Calculated price and made an item:

Super Power Hat of Shrinking
150,000 GP
Reduces your size by three size categories while you wear the hat. This increases your dex by 6 and reduces your strength by 6, but the hat also boosts your strength by 6, so you take no strength penalty and gain 6 dexterity.

If you're willing to pay for an epic item you can make one that gives you insane strength while shrinking you.

For that item you should note the Dex bonus and Str penalty are size bonuses/penalties, whereas the Str bonus is an enhancement bonus.

Hmmm... Tiny-sized Half-Ogre Warhulk... the only problem with that would be the provoking of AoOs when entering an enemy square to start climbing them. Perhaps an item that can reduce you to Fine size could otherwise work. There is a Wu Jen spell that at a high enough caster level is capable of that.

GodGoblin
2010-09-17, 08:57 AM
This is pure genious, I will use definatly use this as an npc in my next game I run :smallbiggrin:

Magicyop
2010-09-17, 09:20 AM
What Wu Jen spell? The hat was whipped up in about five seconds, using the DMG chart, I could make something better if I knew that spell and put some time into it.

If you are using MONSTER CLASSES... ;-)

Gestalt character...

Tarrasque 20 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9148817&postcount=1307)//Tasted 5/Warhulk 10/Barbarian 5

With a mega powered hat of shrinking, which he uses his tarrasque ability to devour and permanently make a part of him.

With a minor amount of fiddling to make sure he has good strength...

Tarrasque 20
+ Warhulk 20
+ Starting 18
+ Raging 6
+ Item 6
+ Ability Scores 5

= Fine sized with 75 strength!

It would have to be a pretty amazing shrinking spell, though. Tarrasque is colossal by level 20.

Morph Bark
2010-09-17, 10:46 AM
This is pure genious, I will use definatly use this as an npc in my next game I run :smallbiggrin:

Please do. :smallbiggrin:

What Wu Jen spell? The hat was whipped up in about five seconds, using the DMG chart, I could make something better if I knew that spell and put some time into it.

Minute Form, Complete Arcane 115. It's the opposite of Giant Size, Complete Arcane 110. Both Wu Jen 8 spells.

Also, take to mind you must start with a level in Commoner to be able to have Commoner flaws, so you'd have to start with Terrasque 1//Commoner 1. And considering the entry requirements (Climb 5 ranks!), the next level you couldn't be a Tasted just yet either. :smallwink:

Morph Bark
2010-09-18, 04:42 AM
Added the Brothy Taste and three Feats! If I can make up more flavours, or "advanced" flavours like this Brothy one, they'll be added over time.

Magicyop
2010-09-18, 10:22 AM
Ohh! That is SO COOL. I LOVE the feat which lets you block their windpipe.

Looked up the Wu Jen spell. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you with...

The Hat of the Mega-Morsel
1,016,000 GP
It is said that this hat was once worn by a legendary Tasted who slipped down the throat of a prismatic dragon. It seems to have acquired some magical properties...
The wearer shrinks to fine size. They gain a +8 size bonus to Dexterity, a +8 size bonus to AC, and a +10 luck bonus to Strength. Your space is now 1/2 ft. and you have no reach.

Slap that on the following build:

Tarrasque 20//Commoner 1/Tasted 5/Warhulk 10/Half-Troll 2/Rogue 2

And you have what amounts to the best Tasted EVER.

Note: Shouldn't you talk about the protection garnered from being in a creature's stomach? First of all, the creature itself can't attack you except with its stomach acid and stuff, second of all, other creatures can't attack you without hurting the thing you are in. And even then, you should get reduced damage. Maybe no damage, even.

DracoDei
2010-09-18, 10:34 AM
Note: Shouldn't you talk about the protection garnered from being in a creature's stomach? First of all, the creature itself can't attack you except with its stomach acid and stuff, second of all, other creatures can't attack you without hurting the thing you are in. And even then, you should get reduced damage. Maybe no damage, even.

This is already covered, either in the implicit or explicit concept of "Swallowed Whole", or via the Stomach Resistance class feature.

Magicyop
2010-09-18, 10:36 AM
This is already covered, either in the implicit or explicit concept of "Swallowed Whole", or via the Stomach Resistance class feature.

Blaugh, sorry, for some reason I never thought of checking the Swallowed Whole description. My bad.

Lix Lorn
2010-09-18, 11:38 AM
With some modifications... this would be a USABLE CLASS.

Morph Bark
2010-09-18, 01:05 PM
Ohh! That is SO COOL. I LOVE the feat which lets you block their windpipe.

Hehe, thanks! I thought that was particularly ingenious. :smallbiggrin:

Had another one thought up, but forgot it before I started working on those feats...

With some modifications... this would be a USABLE CLASS.

That's the idea with most of these. Making a Commoner both more humourous in execution and more useable. :smallwink:

What modifications do you think it might need to make it actually useable, if it needs any at all?

Magicyop
2010-09-18, 01:26 PM
MY suggested modifications:

Make it so STR goes up by 1 or 2 each level, for easier mouth opening. Class ability 'contortion' or something similar that lets you count as one size category smaller for the purposes of being eaten?

Change Spicy and Minty to be 1d8 nonlethal. 1d4 nonlethal is not enough, but lethal damage wouldn't make sense. ("I ate something ultra minty and died!")

Commoners licking you and falling unconscious makes sense. Commoners licking you and dying doesn't.

NOTE: Can a Tasted opt to NOT exit a monster after it deals enough damage to the innards that it would otherwise cut a hole in the stomach?

Lix Lorn
2010-09-18, 03:38 PM
That's the idea with most of these. Making a Commoner both more humourous in execution and more useable. :smallwink:

What modifications do you think it might need to make it actually useable, if it needs any at all?
You misunderstand.
I would use this as a PC.

Morph Bark
2010-09-18, 03:48 PM
MY suggested modifications:

Make it so STR goes up by 1 or 2 each level, for easier mouth opening. Class ability 'contortion' or something similar that lets you count as one size category smaller for the purposes of being eaten?

Change Spicy and Minty to be 1d8 nonlethal. 1d4 nonlethal is not enough, but lethal damage wouldn't make sense. ("I ate something ultra minty and died!")

Commoners licking you and falling unconscious makes sense. Commoners licking you and dying doesn't.

NOTE: Can a Tasted opt to NOT exit a monster after it deals enough damage to the innards that it would otherwise cut a hole in the stomach?

I was about to say I already had a feat for the mouth opening, but blast. I now see what feat idea I had had! I didn't mean to make Master Foeclimber, I had intended to make Master Jawbreaker! :smalleek:

Imma fix that all quickly-like now...

I'll up Spicy and Minty to 1d6. 1d8 is too much in my opinion, and 1d6 seems balanced enough compared with the other options.

You misunderstand.
I would use this as a PC.

Ah, right-o then. XD Thanks.

EDIT: Master Foeclimber changed to Master Jawbreaker. Note that this isn't actually jawbreaking, but the name gets the idea across. Kinda. :smalltongue:

Cieyrin
2010-09-22, 12:25 PM
Further feat ideas you could have is a variant of Goad to get them to nom you or just the ability to ready against a bite attack to go down their throat. :smallbiggrin:

Morph Bark
2010-09-23, 02:06 PM
Added the "Dry" Taste, as well as the following feat:

AFTERTASTE
Prerequisites: Taste class feature, two Tastes
Benefit: You can have two Tastes active at once. One is your primary Taste that affects an enemy on the round they taste you. The other one is your secondary Taste - your aftertaste. Your aftertaste affects the enemy on the next round and requires a seperate Fort save.

Furthermore, earlier someone asked for bludgeoning/acid damage for creatures that don't have Swallow Whole. I think the following table shows it aptly:

{table=head]Size|Bludgeoning Damage|Acid Damage

Large|
1d6+1/2 Str mod|
1d4+Con mod

Huge|
1d8+1/2 Str mod|
1d6+Con mod

Gargantuan|
2d6+1/2 Str mod|
1d8+Con mod

Colossal|
3d6+1/2 Str mod|
2d6+Con mod[/table]

Keep in mind also that from the inside of a creature their AC from the inside doesn't count armour, Dex or dodge bonuses and only half their natural armour. To cut your way out you need to deal 25 points of damage or more with a light piercing or slashing weapon.

Magicyop
2010-09-23, 02:15 PM
Does your equipment gain your flavor too? Because I just had a great idea for a Tasted/Chicken Master who makes spicy chicken and then shoves it down his opponents throats to choke them. :smallbiggrin:

Side note- does the nonlethal from spicy apply every round that you are inside their throat? I think it should...

Also? I know you probably won't, but I would LOVE to see more levels for this, chicken master, and pig master, like you did with the Broken Corpse. Then again, if that prevents you from coming up with the next commoner class, nevermind. :smalltongue:

I can also imagine using Tasted as a defensive build-- safest place in the battle is inside someone else!

Magicyop
2010-09-23, 02:47 PM
Okay, I have a couple feat suggestions. If you like them, great! If not, no problem, I wouldn't want to destroy the awesomeness of this class.

PRACTICED WRIGGLING
Prerequisites: Go Down Smooth class feature.
Benefit: You can bring more equipment with you into a creature's stomach by wriggling. You can wear medium armor or carry a one-handed weapon. If you are two size categories smaller than your opponent, you may carry a shield and carry a two-handed weapon. If you are three size categories smaller than your opponent, you may wear heavy armor.

FOREVER FLAVORFUL
Prerequisites: Go Down Smooth class feature, three Tastes, BAB +8.
Benefit: Your Taste continues to affect your opponent each round that you remain inside them. They gain a stacking +1 bonus on their save, if the Taste allows one, every round. Once they succeed on a save, your Taste stops affecting them. (though if you exit and climb back into their mouth, they are again effected.)

I HAVE BEEN TO THE BOWEL AND BACK
Prerequisites: Stomach Resistance class feature.
Benefit: Your stomach resistance increases by 2 every time you take this feat. You may take it multiple times, each time increasing your resistance by 2.

FINGER LICKIN' GOOD
Benefit: You gain access to a special Taste which is not really a taste, but a smell. Any creature able to smell you must make a will save (equal to the DC for Nom de Nourriture) or want to eat you. (Creatures like humans may still only want to lick you, and not become cannibals-- but if you jump into there mouth they won't be too displeased.) If they fail the will save, they immediately attempt to eat you. The DC for Nom de Nourriture increases by 4 while you are wearing this Taste.

TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
Prerequisites: Bred for Purpose class feature, Taste class feature.
Benefit: Your chickens have acquired your unique flavor! Your Tasted and Chicken Master levels stack for determining Bred for Purpose and Stomach Resistance. If you have at least 3 tastes, you may increase a chicken's stats by 2 more than you decrease them. [e.g., (-6/+8), (-2/+4)] You may also transfer one Taste to one of your chickens, you may only have one chicken with a Taste at a time, and it can only have a Taste that you know. If you have Otherfarmly Heritage, you can choose to keep the chicken permanently-- but you may not summon another chicken with an Otherfarmly Heritage until one day after your current chicken dies.

Yeah... that last one I kinda threw in because of the character concept I mentioned earlier. :smalltongue: I just kinda feel these would add something to the class. I'd really love to play this as a PC. I hope I'm not too presumptuous in suggesting these, I really like your commoner flaw classes.

Morph Bark
2010-09-23, 04:11 PM
Does your equipment gain your flavor too? Because I just had a great idea for a Tasted/Chicken Master who makes spicy chicken and then shoves it down his opponents throats to choke them. :smallbiggrin:

Side note- does the nonlethal from spicy apply every round that you are inside their throat? I think it should...

Also? I know you probably won't, but I would LOVE to see more levels for this, chicken master, and pig master, like you did with the Broken Corpse. Then again, if that prevents you from coming up with the next commoner class, nevermind. :smalltongue:

I can also imagine using Tasted as a defensive build-- safest place in the battle is inside someone else!

No, your equipment does not acquire your Taste. I'd think that chickens and other live creatures wouldn't count as equipment either way, so it doesn't matter much in that regard. :smalltongue:

The nonlethal damage applies only once. The idea is that you get inside the mouth, affect them, and immediately continue on to the stomach. That's also part of the Flaw, sorta.

And I actually had ideas for the Pig Master and possibly something similar for the Chicken Master as well. Perhaps a sort of related PrC that they could both enter or something. With the remaining Commoner Flaws I feel kind of stuck. Then again, I chose the easiest ones to work with (and the more fun ones :smallwink:).

Okay, I have a couple feat suggestions. If you like them, great! If not, no problem, I wouldn't want to destroy the awesomeness of this class.

Let's hear it!

PRACTICED WRIGGLING
Benefit: You can bring more equipment with you into a creature's stomach by wriggling. You can wear medium armor or carry a one-handed weapon. If you are two size categories smaller than your opponent, you may carry a shield and carry a two-handed weapon. If you are three size categories smaller than your opponent, you may wear heavy armor.

I'd make it like so: you can wear medium armour OR carry a one-handed weapon OR carry a shield if you are one category smaller. You can wear heavy armour OR carry a two-handed weapon OR carry a tower shield if you are two size categories smaller.

...or perhaps make the size difference one category greater, and make this one the follow-up feat? Either way, I don't think it'll affect it much, as armour helps nothing once you are inside (same for shields) and the weapon damage is only a slight increase. Plus Commoners are only proficient with a single simple weapon, no armour, no shields.

...unless of course they entered the Broken Corpse PrC. :smallamused:

FOREVER FLAVORFUL
Prerequisites: Go Down Smooth class feature, three Tastes, BAB +8.
Benefit: Your Taste continues to affect your opponent each round that you remain inside them. They gain a stacking +1 bonus on their save, if the Taste allows one, every round. Once they succeed on a save, your Taste stops affecting them. (though if you exit and climb back into their mouth, they are again effected.)

...I quite like this one. Might up the BAB to 10 or 11 though, since some of the Tastes could impose quite the penalty and in case of Sweet any animal will be mindless after a single time tasting too. (Which is why Tasted are probably in greater number in areas with only animals around that are big and like some nomz. Like the planet Dragonball takes place on.)

Not sure how that'd affect Brothy or Salty though, since they require Con checks later on.

I HAVE BEEN TO THE BOWEL AND BACK
Prerequisites: Stomach Resistance class feature.
Benefit: Your stomach resistance increases by 2 every time you take this feat. You may take it multiple times, each time increasing your resistance by 2.

"To Hell and back!
I have seen the maw of chaos,
The gaping Abyss,
The dogs of carnage pulling on their chains in Hades,
I have seen a thousand hungry gods,
A hundred raging dragons,
A dozen times the Apocalypse,
And I can tell you...
None could stomach me!"

Really though, I'd lower that to just 1, as the DR and acid resistance actually do work outside the stomach.

FINGER LICKIN' GOOD
Benefit: You gain access to a special Taste which is not really a taste, but a smell. Any creature able to smell you must make a will save (equal to the DC for Nom de Nourriture) or want to eat you. (Creatures like humans may still only want to lick you, and not become cannibals-- but if you jump into there mouth they won't be too displeased.) If they fail the will save, they immediately attempt to eat you. The DC for Nom de Nourriture increases by 4 while you are wearing this Taste.

Intruiging, this one is.

TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
Prerequisites: Bred for Purpose class feature, Taste class feature.
Benefit: Your chickens have acquired your unique flavor! Your Tasted and Chicken Master levels stack for determining Bred for Purpose and Stomach Resistance. If you have at least 3 tastes, you may increase a chicken's stats by 2 more than you decrease them. [e.g., (-6/+8), (-2/+4)] You may also transfer one Taste to one of your chickens, you may only have one chicken with a Taste at a time, and it can only have a Taste that you know. If you have Otherfarmly Heritage, you can choose to keep the chicken permanently-- but you may not summon another chicken with an Otherfarmly Heritage until one day after your current chicken dies.

I'd have it affect less class features in less ways. Perhaps split it up into two feats?

Taking out Stomach Resistance for one might be a good thing, since else you'd get DR 10/slashing or piercing and acid resistance 10 if you'd have 5 levels in each. :smalleek:

Having only a single chicken with a Taste at a time... hm, I suppose that isn't bad after thinking about it. Even if it'd be killed it doesn't have to be eaten after all, up to a DM that stuff would be.

Makes me think I should make a feat that if a Tasted is hit by a bite attack they automatically inflict their current Taste upon their attacker...

I hope I'm not too presumptuous in suggesting these, I really like your commoner flaw classes.

Oh no, not at all. While I may sometimes find it aggravating that someone else starts making homebrew in a homebrew thread of mine sometimes, when it is to compliment the project, I feel that I must give thanks either way.

And thanks! I'll see what can come in the future, if anything. Hope for good things. Keep your fingers crossed.

Magicyop
2010-09-23, 04:19 PM
I will! Glad to know my suggestions weren't terrible, :smalltongue:. Keeping my fingers crossed for more commoner classes or additions to the existing ones.