PDA

View Full Version : [Any] Did you ever want to game so bad that...

Ormagoden
2010-09-15, 03:32 PM
WARNING!
This thread is spawned by madness that can only be wrought through the frustrations of being denied gaming.
WARNING!

Did you ever want to game so bad that you would punch a random person in the face?

Ok! so what about you?!

"Did you ever want to game so bad that you'd ...

SurlySeraph
2010-09-15, 03:35 PM
...join a play-by-post on one of the many sites that have them, buy a DnD-based video game, or re-read your sourcebooks while writing down concepts for characters and scenes?"

gdiddy
2010-09-15, 03:38 PM
...travel 200 miles for a one off?

Lord Vampyre
2010-09-15, 03:48 PM
...I decided to run my own games and teach new players the basics of RPGs just to get a game going.

Telonius
2010-09-15, 03:54 PM
... change editions to do it? :smalleek:

Popertop
2010-09-15, 04:07 PM
... you've considered moving?

Dust
2010-09-15, 04:46 PM
....you joined a pbp 'adult' rated game filled with catgirls and sparkly vampires just because you have HOPE.

arguskos
2010-09-15, 04:50 PM
...join a play-by-post on one of the many sites that have them, buy a DnD-based video game, or re-read your sourcebooks while writing down concepts for characters and scenes?"
...I do that all the time cause that's how I roll. Hell, I just drew up an entire character sheet for a minor NPC the other day, replete with custom items, spells, and familiar, cause I was like "I have this great idea for a necromancer" and made it happen.

....you joined a pbp 'adult' rated game filled with catgirls and sparkly vampires just because you have HOPE.
...o.O You are brave, braver than I have ever been. I salute you, sir, you who are a paragon of courage.

Darklord Xavez
2010-09-15, 04:50 PM

I'd play the cleric.:smallbiggrin:
-Xavez

Dr.Epic
2010-09-15, 05:05 PM

Well that's just being irrational.:smallbiggrin:

Mordokai
2010-09-15, 05:07 PM
... watch Uwe Boll's movie?

Teln
2010-09-15, 05:09 PM

-Xavez

I'd play the warforged. :smallbiggrin:

gdiddy
2010-09-15, 05:50 PM
I'd play the warforged. :smallbiggrin:

-Xavez

And I'll be the head!

Wait...no.:smalleek:

Zaydos
2010-09-15, 05:54 PM

Well besides the video game that's normal behavior.

Well here's for mine:

...let the PCs play psionic dragons in 2e without the Complete Psionics Handbook.

Shenanigans
2010-09-15, 06:18 PM
...try to teach your non-gamer girlfriend how to play?

Arbane
2010-09-15, 06:47 PM
...try to teach your non-gamer girlfriend how to play?

That sounds perfectly sensible to me.

The relationship that plays together, stays together.

Shenanigans
2010-09-17, 04:16 PM
That sounds perfectly sensible to me.

The relationship that plays together, stays together.I agree, but I haven't been so lucky.

Also, trying to teach them to game when they're an essential element of the party hasn't gone well in my experience. Now, having them observe and learn, or run a superfluous character; that's something else.