PDA

View Full Version : My first pathfinder game YAY!

Baltor
2010-09-15, 04:10 PM
I am about to play in my first pathfinder game and I think the changes to the sorceer class are interesting.I was wondering what the play ground thought about the various flavors, power levels, and ineresting querks now in the class.

WarKitty
2010-09-15, 05:15 PM
It's nice fluff-wise in that it provides a real reason why sorcerers are distinct from wizards. There's actually a different feel now between the two classes. That said, it doesn't do a lot to fix the power differential between the sorcerer and the wizard.

Paul H
2010-09-19, 01:20 AM
It's nice fluff-wise in that it provides a real reason why sorcerers are distinct from wizards. There's actually a different feel now between the two classes. That said, it doesn't do a lot to fix the power differential between the sorcerer and the wizard.

Hi

Except Diviners always go in the Surprise Round. (Where there is one), and all Wizards can choose their Spell Bond, Familiar or Item. Only Arcane Sorcerors get that option.

As for 'Power DIfferential' - they're about the same. Just that they do things slightly differently.

Thanks
Paul H

Ravens_cry
2010-09-19, 01:47 AM
The thing I like best is that it makes Sorcerers more distinct, giving some handy crunch to support more varied fluff, as well as helping with a key weakness, a sorcerers lack of spells known.