PDA

View Full Version : [TWI]Twilight VII: OOC Thread, Mark II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Cracklord
2010-09-15, 11:36 PM
Continued.

darkblade
2010-09-15, 11:40 PM
I'd like to keep Mickey in the game if possible so could something happen to his portal to send him somewhere else or could something bad happen to his kingdom?

industrious
2010-09-15, 11:45 PM
Um...Colesign? Taylor's still in the middle of the group. Sanya is practical, but I doubt friendly fire falls under that category.

Cracklord
2010-09-15, 11:46 PM
I'd like to keep Mickey in the game if possible so could something happen to his portal to send him somewhere else or could something bad happen to his kingdom?

Yes I could. Just not yet.

Colesign
2010-09-15, 11:49 PM
Sorry Indy: I meant to throw the grenade at the part of the group of evil wizards that Taylor wasn't near.

The Shoveler
2010-09-15, 11:57 PM
So this dude:
http://www.seaslugteam.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/FMA2-28-01.jpg
Has the same power as Utsuho Reiuji (touhou):
http://dandreamz.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/utsuho-reiuji-avatar.png

Interesting.

Cracklord
2010-09-16, 12:08 AM
So this dude:
http://www.seaslugteam.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/FMA2-28-01.jpg

Quite a bit more power then that, he's just warming up.

doliest
2010-09-16, 12:11 AM
Indeed he is, Cracklord. And may I suggest, and this may be hypocritical coming from me, we put Shoveler in some type of rehab program? His Touhou obsession is starting to scare me. Alot. :smallamused:

The Shoveler
2010-09-16, 12:13 AM
Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2H8pL8gTXo)'s a sample of a potential future character I've had in mind. Of course it's Utsuho; that goes without saying :smalltongue:

Edit: doliest, I can stop any time I want :smallamused:

Edit 2.0: For example, look at my roster for game VIII: Major Kusanagi and GLaDOS, two people I love who aren't from Touhou.

Although I could have played a certain little kappa inventor named Nitori from Touhou...

Yeah, I'm addicted. Sue me.

industrious
2010-09-16, 12:13 AM
We all have issues with character creation. Every single one of mine(with three exceptions(Doctor(Who), Apollo, Midnighter) likes women. And a very large percentage of the characters are by Warren Ellis.

Colesign
2010-09-16, 12:20 AM
I'm a Brandon Sanderson geek, as my character choices prove.

Right. I'm done for the night. *yawn*

doliest
2010-09-16, 12:20 AM
Heh. I don't think a single one of my characters has fallen under the title 'stable'; and the only two characters I've played who could hold stable relationships....were Sylar and Mickey.

darkblade
2010-09-16, 12:25 AM
Heh. I don't think a single one of my characters has fallen under the title 'stable'; and the only two characters I've played who could hold stable relationships....were Sylar and Mickey.

I want to make that our new crack pairing. It is much more disturbing than Kirby.

((They are ghost-effective. Maybe because they're holy. Possibly because of all the iron.))

Only in the Nevernever, otherwise you need ghost dust or some other magic to bind them to them to the material plane.

doliest
2010-09-16, 12:29 AM
You know that's not what I meant. Though if it happened, I would either laugh or weep. :smalltongue:

Draxx
2010-09-16, 12:34 AM
Laugh. Laugh all the way.

Also, in case it's not painfully clear, I don't think Voldemort is a very effective villain. But he fits.

Cracklord
2010-09-16, 12:55 AM
So why even bring him in?

Gulping
2010-09-16, 01:00 AM
All of my characters tend towards being Crazy Awesome.

Also, they tend to end up being Kamen Riders, just because I feel like it would be fun for that to happen.

The Tygre
2010-09-16, 01:29 AM
So.. what? Is Elric at the hotel or not?

Cracklord
2010-09-16, 01:32 AM
Yes he is. With Mobius and Blade.

By the way, Kurgan and Voldemort are part of Edward Cullen's Ka'tet.
You need at least five people to form a Ka'tet, so more should be coming soon.

doliest
2010-09-16, 01:34 AM
Heh. Ka'tet. I love that word.

By the way, I'm trying to keep Dracula from slipping into the 'Good Ol' Day's' kind of person that I've got him as in the Gentlemen game; this is a Dracula with nothing but disdain for humanity and who barely notices the passage of time due to spending such long periods of it in the Abyss, after all.

Cracklord
2010-09-16, 01:36 AM
Indeed. All the human in him is in Alucard, afterall. Which is why Alucard thinks 'Like a dream! Human's are like a dream!'
Well, that and he wants to die, anyway.

doliest
2010-09-16, 01:40 AM
While the Demon/Lord of Darkness Dracula has no problems with Immortality; he will always be back, after all.

Draxx
2010-09-16, 02:48 AM
I just realized. You missed the chance for a Rorsarch Deadpool teamup.
IT WAS RIGHT THERE! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G39GgvCjTZs)

AnimeKid
2010-09-16, 04:54 AM
Well at least Syler isn't trying to kill everyone yet and Lucy just had her mode of transport cut off.

Draxx
2010-09-16, 04:58 AM
I'm not to sure of that.

industrious
2010-09-16, 01:00 PM
Hey guys. Just letting everyone know my posting rate might be slowed for the next few days. Big trip ahead.

Gulping
2010-09-16, 01:42 PM
Yes, I just referenced this bit from Alone in the Dark. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzCoCdIMIcI)

Prime32
2010-09-16, 02:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJnX3Zw_Z9k

darkblade
2010-09-16, 02:57 PM
Super Robot Wars, I have no idea at all what is happening when I watch videos but it is consistently awesome.

industrious
2010-09-16, 06:13 PM
Confused again. What's going on?

Cracklord
2010-09-16, 06:49 PM
Apollo and Jackson King just got contacted by Magog, to help with the giant dragon. And Apollo continues to ignore the Namekian Piccolo.
Green lanterns still haven't been updated, because Zexion has kept Blackest Night fairly low-key, but in a few moments all the vaults will rise up. The only one left in the headquaters is being cut up by Hannibal.
The team Nightside is winning, as expected.

AnimeKid
2010-09-16, 06:52 PM
Umm Cracklord didn't Door just open a door in Cowl's chest cavity and take away his heart?

Gulping
2010-09-16, 07:49 PM
Naoki and Minato's team attack was centered directly on Father. Gaea Rage came from the ground, and Armageddon struck from above.

That would mean that he would have had to throw his big black hole maker right at his own feet, and then run away really really fast.

industrious
2010-09-16, 08:23 PM
How could one play Nicodemus anyway? He's not even a toddler; can't even speak, barely walk.

Unless Azazel can make him older, he's basically dead weight. Evil genius dead weight.

Cracklord
2010-09-16, 08:23 PM
Eh, I'm sure you'll find a way to make him older.

Ah. So it just spontaneously happened there, rather then the traditional charging a big ball and tossing it.
Right, I'll come up with a new strategy then.

Prime32
2010-09-16, 08:53 PM
"Not as long as you, I appeared in print for the first time in 1991 as a ripoff of Deathstroke the Terminator, but Deathstroke himself was a rip-off of Taskmaster! So score Marvel!"

I appeared in print for the first time in 1991 as a ripoff of DC mercenary Deathstroke the Terminator, but Deathstroke himself was a rip-off of Taskmaster! So score Marvel!
:smallamused:

Hey, with Megas gone you guys have an excuse to use Stoner Sunshine Spark. :smalltongue:

EDIT:
"Right you are." He's gone.
Deadpool would make an even better crazy servant then Reinfield or Igor, don't you think?Oh god, now I'm imagining Deadpool as a Berserker.

The Shoveler
2010-09-16, 09:27 PM
Cracklord, I believe that Coop just became Evil Coop, conqueror of Earth and destroyer of Galaxies.
I am now running three crazy characters. Wow.

Also, are Flandre and Alucard with Dracula?

Cracklord
2010-09-16, 09:35 PM
Yes, they are.

Neknoh
2010-09-17, 04:25 AM
I'm gone for a day and we have a new OoC and six new pages XD I'm doing my best to keep up. Will be gone this evening as well however, so I'll see if I can't get a Jack Sparrow post in before then.

Cracklord
2010-09-17, 06:49 AM
I'm trying not to get lost myself.

The Tygre
2010-09-17, 08:44 AM
See, this is why we put in player limits. :smalltongue:

darkblade
2010-09-17, 10:09 AM
See, this is why we put in player limits. :smalltongue:

It's not the players it's the characters this time.

Falgorn
2010-09-17, 03:04 PM
Question: If I were to have a character, what's the power level he/she could have?

darkblade
2010-09-17, 03:06 PM
Question: If I were to have a character, what's the power level he/she could have?

For this game apsolutely anything. We have a couple PCs right now that are basically Gods.

Falgorn
2010-09-17, 03:07 PM
Oh, well then. Thank you. :smallsmile:
Is there a certain time peroid that my character needs to be from?

doliest
2010-09-17, 03:13 PM
No, Falgorn. We've got people from other dimensions running around, so anything can be justified through the awesome power of Cracklord.
Also-

Sylar
Sylar starts moving towards the portal; when it came to something that he wanted to hear, Sylar had always been, and would be until he was forcibly shown otherwise, naive.

This is somewhat negated that by the fact that trying to manipulate Sylar is...well, to quote Bennett,
"Just how dumb are you? Who did you think would be left standing the moment Sylar got bored? You?"

darkblade
2010-09-17, 03:35 PM
Well it hasn't dawned on Zexion that he isn't invulnerable anymore since Wednesday died.

doliest
2010-09-17, 03:37 PM
Sucks even more for Zexion he had to pick a moment where Robert was weak enough that Nicky(who far more resembles what Sylar was in Season 1 and 2 than Robert) has some influence now. I could probably just link to Evil Is Not A Toy and be done with it. :smallwink:

Colesign
2010-09-17, 04:37 PM
Greeting Falborn, and welcome.

I'm Colesign, and I'm currently playing Solomon Kane, immortal Puritan Avenger, Vin, daring assassin and Mistborn, and Sanya, an agnostic-communist African-Russian Knight of the Cross.

Falgorn
2010-09-17, 04:40 PM
"If it takes my death, so be it. You will not defeat the Covenant."
Shipmaster Rtas 'Vadumee (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Rtas_%27Vadum)http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100119184245/halo/images/8/88/Rtas_%27Vadum.jpg
Name: Rtas 'Vadum(ee)
Profession: Commander in the Covenant Army.
Original Universe/Timeline: Halo series-verse. Pre Prophet of Regret death.
Equipment: Type 51-Directed Energy Rifle. Basically, a DEW assault rifle. Fully automatic.
An Energy Sword, which is what the name implies.
Energy Shield, which progects a bulletproof field of plasma.
Abilities: A tactician, a good shot, and an excellent close quarters fighter.

Anything else I need to do? Elaborate on anything?

Edit: Hi, Colesign. Nice to meet you. :smallsmile:

Cracklord
2010-09-17, 05:47 PM
No, you are approved. I suspect you have an army as well. Don't worry, several characters do.

Falgorn
2010-09-17, 06:24 PM
He could. I was mainly thinking of a ship's worth, you know, scouts, ship crewman, and a few kill teams.

AnimeKid
2010-09-17, 06:28 PM
Crackloooooooorrrrrrrrddddd, Did Stephanie just rewrite One More Day into continuity or create her own version of it otherwise. If so then let me just tell you THAT BITCH IS GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!:furious::furious::furious::furious:

Cracklord
2010-09-17, 06:32 PM
Yes she is. She was responsible for it. Give in to your anger. Strike her down with all of your hate.

He could. I was mainly thinking of a ship's worth, you know, scouts, ship crewman, and a few kill teams.

Agreed. OK, that sounds fair. Keep away from the SPESS MEHRENS, the last thing we want is a war between the covenant and the EMPRAH.

Murkus
2010-09-17, 06:58 PM
Welcome Falgorn!

Are you playing the Covenenant from before or after the Halo series? Because your characters and mine may have some issues.

Also, shall I assume that Zexion and Sylar are also in the destroyed Washington DC?

Colesign
2010-09-17, 06:59 PM
Huh. You are right in that "The Host" adds a good sci-fi element to Meyer's forces.

If I remember correctly, The "Souls" have several planets under possession: their main "Technician" race looks like Spiders, and they have a fleet of relativistic spacecraft, and landing craft with a respectable amount of stealth technology.

Are their colony ships armed with formal weapons, or do they only have offensive capabilities based around the "Kzinti Lesson?"

Cracklord
2010-09-17, 07:08 PM
They do, because given the power of the PC's they need an upgrade themselves.

darkblade
2010-09-17, 07:13 PM
Also, shall I assume that Zexion and Sylar are also in the destroyed Washington DC?

They are in the White House of the illusional destroyed Washington.

Murkus
2010-09-17, 07:15 PM
illusional

The plot thickens.

Falgorn
2010-09-17, 07:21 PM
Agreed. OK, that sounds fair. Keep away from the SPESS MEHRENS, the last thing we want is a war between the covenant and the EMPRAH.

Or is it? :smallamused:
Should I post myself in, or will you guide me?

Welcome Falgorn!

Are you playing the Covenenant from before or after the Halo series? Because your characters and mine may have some issues.

After the events of the first Halo, basically a little while before/after the battle against the heretics in 2.

So, the Demon will meet the might of Commander Rtas, eh? :smallamused:

But Rtas is a fair guy, so I guess, given certain circumstances, he could negotiate with Master Chief, via Cortana.

Murkus
2010-09-17, 07:26 PM
I half expect Rtas to try and run Chief through with an energy sword the second they come in contact.

Keyword there: 'try'. :smallamused:

Cracklord
2010-09-17, 07:28 PM
Or is it? :smallamused:
Should I post myself in, or will you guide me?

I don't know enough about Halo to do it justice. So I'll leave it to you.

Falgorn
2010-09-17, 07:34 PM
I half expect Rtas to try and run Chief through with an energy sword the second they come in contact.

Keyword there: 'try'. :smallamused:

Overconfident, are we? :smallamused:

I don't know enough about Halo to do it justice. So I'll leave it to you.

Any particular place I should go in, or does it not matter?

Cracklord
2010-09-17, 07:42 PM
The Authority world, not the other one. That one is sci-fi, the other is all magic.

industrious
2010-09-17, 07:48 PM
Hi guys. I won't be able to post until Sunday(two days from now) night. Traveling/moving out.

doliest
2010-09-17, 07:48 PM
Ah. Good luck, Indy. That can be a hassle.

The Shoveler
2010-09-17, 08:00 PM
Good luck, Indy. I know how hard it can be to move.
Also, expect like 12 pages to go by when you get back :smalltongue:

darkblade
2010-09-17, 08:01 PM
Are Lucy's vectors magical? It's important for Zexion's evil plans.

Falgorn
2010-09-17, 08:02 PM
The Authority world, not the other one. That one is sci-fi, the other is all magic.

Cool. Want to give me a quick run-down of the events and going-ons of this planet?

The Shoveler
2010-09-17, 08:04 PM
Are Lucy's vectors magical? It's important for Zexion's evil plans.

Yeah, it's an inherited magical ability that Diclonii get from birth.

Prime32
2010-09-17, 08:35 PM
Yeah, it's an inherited magical ability that Diclonii get from birth.Seriously? They actually say they're magic? :smallconfused:

darkblade
2010-09-17, 10:49 PM
Yeah, it's an inherited magical ability that Diclonii get from birth.

So Sylar can't copy them. On to plan B then. Plan B was more fun anyways.

Murkus
2010-09-17, 10:59 PM
Scuse me, is the fight going on between Sylar, Light, and whoever else visible from a distance? Cuz in that case, the Chief would see it.

The Shoveler
2010-09-17, 11:00 PM
Wait, they say that the vectors are an invisible manifestation of force produced by telekinesis. Sylar would have to eat Lucy's brain to get the power unless he can see invisible stuff and understand its origin.

Yay for actually looking stuff up :smallbiggrin:

darkblade
2010-09-17, 11:14 PM
Scuse me, is the fight going on between Sylar, Light, and whoever else visible from a distance? Cuz in that case, the Chief would see it.

No, Sylar left fake Washington and went to the Carrier.

Gulping
2010-09-18, 12:28 AM
Ryoma still has some tricks up his sleeves. I feel like giving up a little hint about what his big special thing is, though.

WASHI! JAGA! KUMA!

AnimeKid
2010-09-18, 12:31 PM
Hey cracklord, can the other characters on the carrier hear the uber fight going on?
Cause KM has nothing to do as I'm sure that she can't help spiderman with his memory problems.

darkblade
2010-09-18, 12:33 PM
Hey cracklord, can the other characters on the carrier hear the uber fight going on?
Cause KM has nothing to do as I'm sure that she can't help spiderman with his memory problems.

Depending on how similar it is to the canon OMD she might be able to Holy Power the memory loss away.

AnimeKid
2010-09-18, 12:46 PM
Oh yeah, Darkblade for your campaign I need to know something. Rex has two people who are almost always with him. The first is Bobo Haha, a mutated, talking chimpanzee who wields twin laser blasters and is Rex's "wingman". Then there is Agent Six, "Six is like a nanny, just more agro." He looks a lot like agent smith and wields twin katanas that have a few special functions. Also his name comes from the fact that he is the sixth most dangerous man in the world. Would they count as extras that I can control like Drode, or would they just be left behind.

darkblade
2010-09-18, 12:51 PM
Oh yeah, Darkblade for your campaign I need to know something. Rex has two people who are almost always with him. The first is Bobo Haha, a mutated, talking chimpanzee who wields twin laser blasters and is Rex's "wingman". Then there is Agent Six, "Six is like a nanny, just more agro." He looks a lot like agent smith and wields twin katanas that have a few special functions. Also his name comes from the fact that he is the sixth most dangerous man in the world. Would they count as extras that I can control like drode, or would they just be left behind.

Yeah you'll control them for the most part although I'm reserving the right to take control of them as NPCs if the plot requires.

doliest
2010-09-18, 02:18 PM
Ah Abomination-Sylar. You fix every problem that either Robert or Nicky starts. How I love you. :smalltongue:

No, I really need a way to end this fight. One of my characters is fighting two of my characters and a third character. This is ridiculous, and Darkblade? I will have my vengeance for this. :smallamused:

darkblade
2010-09-18, 02:30 PM
I am sorry Doliest but Zexion needs that coin and Sylar was the easiest way to get it.

doliest
2010-09-18, 02:36 PM
He couldn't have asked Sylar to break into the Vatican and steal the other 20 something coins?

The Shoveler
2010-09-18, 02:42 PM
...And that third character is my new character, so if she dies, which is highly likely, then I have to find yet another character and Lucy will have had less impact on this game than Suika did in doliest's. And I'm running out of ideas for characters, so I'm going to fight for Lucy's survival :smallmad:

Other character ideas:
Yukari Yakumo
Evangeline A.K. MacDowell
Testament (Guilty Gear)

darkblade
2010-09-18, 02:48 PM
He couldn't have asked Sylar to break into the Vatican and steal the other 20 something coins?

Well he needs a denarian and he wants to weaken the Authority without it becoming too well known that he's behind it. Who is Light going to tell that his Denarian was stolen?

doliest
2010-09-18, 02:54 PM
...And Sylar is his key to weakening the authority? The guy who's now openly less trusted than Light and can still be killed by Jenny? Admittedly, that's why he wanted Peter-he could just flat out steal Jenny's power without needed to be able to beat her.

Edit:On the other hand, this IS Ansem Retort Zexion, so he's mostly just doing this to be a d***, right? :smalltongue:

darkblade
2010-09-18, 03:04 PM
...And Sylar is his key to weakening the authority? The guy who's now openly less trusted than Light and can still be killed by Jenny? Admittedly, that's why he wanted Peter-he could just flat out steal Jenny's power without needed to be able to beat her.

Edit:On the other hand, this IS Ansem Retort Zexion, so he's mostly just doing this to be a d***, right? :smalltongue:

Or because his player is making up this plan as he goes. Speaking of which I should probably PM Cracklord about Hiro and Peter's location.

doliest
2010-09-18, 03:14 PM
Might help; Sylar's main advantage is that he can't die. Outside of that, the three people fighting him are actually a legitimate challenge.

Prime32
2010-09-18, 04:30 PM
When the S-Force (Power Rangers) came to himO RLY? ("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2jjCMgGOY)

For good measure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQVUw30-4k4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHieD8iQJs8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUjolhYWdic

Though their mentor was Zordon and their mech was Voltron with wings.

The Shoveler
2010-09-18, 04:43 PM
Huh. I've never heard of Gatchaman. :smallsmile:

My bad, blame lack of knowledge :smalltongue: (all super sentai look the same to me anyways)

Prime32
2010-09-18, 05:00 PM
all super sentai look the same to me anywaysSuper Sentai is one line of shows, which Power Rangers is based on. :smallamused:

The Shoveler
2010-09-18, 05:03 PM
Tokusatsu?

Bah, I need not knowledge of this type of thing! For I care not about naming systems (especially in the Techno music field, good GOD is that complicated) for they are overly complicated and confusing! :smallamused:

Prime32
2010-09-18, 05:06 PM
Tokusatsu?Tokusatsu (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Toku) is "live-action with cheesy special effects". Sentai (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Sentai) is "team of multicoloured warriors".

EDIT: lol at "Green Lantern is headed this angle after Blackest Night"

Gulping
2010-09-18, 06:04 PM
Thanos' actions have probably just screwed Team Apokolips beyond all comprehension.

http://imgur.com/LpSPWl.jpg (http://imgur.com/LpSPW.jpg)

Once again, ignorance brings down the terrifying wrath of powers beyond imagination.

This seems to be becoming a theme, actually: Someone kills another PC or damages one of their weapons, and then planet eating abominations come out of the woodwork to kill the hell out of everything as a result. This is the THIRD DAMN TIME.

Cracklord
2010-09-18, 06:05 PM
With all apologies to Industrious for mutilating his posts.

Prime32
2010-09-18, 06:54 PM
Thanos' actions have probably just screwed Team Apokolips beyond all comprehension.

http://imgur.com/LpSPWl.jpg (http://imgur.com/LpSPW.jpg)

Once again, ignorance brings down the terrifying wrath of powers beyond imagination.

This seems to be becoming a theme, actually: Someone kills another PC or damages one of their weapons, and then planet eating abominations come out of the woodwork to kill the hell out of everything as a result. This is the THIRD DAMN TIME.*Getter Emperor kills Darkseid and damages his weapons*
FOUR IS DEATH! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FourIsDeath)
*Berserker reappears, standing on Getter Emperor*
:smalltongue:

It's what, the second most powerful mech in fiction?

doliest
2010-09-18, 06:58 PM
By the way, since Zedd is here....does that mean five people will become Power Rangers? Please? :smalltongue:

Gulping
2010-09-18, 07:04 PM
*Getter Emperor kills Darkseid and damages his weapons*
FOUR IS DEATH! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FourIsDeath)
*Berserker reappears, standing on Getter Emperor*
:smalltongue:

It's what, the second most powerful mech in fiction?

That's a really difficult question to answer. At full power, Shin Getter(just vanilla Shin Getter mind you) is capable of unmaking and remaking the universe at will. Ideon can do something something similar, but that's part of its contingency protocol in case it gets destroyed, and not an actual function.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann are both larger than any form of Getter Emperor yet seen, but they can only exist in Super-Spiral Space, where physics are pretty much malleable to the point of not even applying.

Getter Emperor is fully capable of existing in real space, in spite of all laws of physics, no matter HOW big it gets.

However, it can't actually rewrite existence, like Cybuster can when it's in the Full Possession state.

Ultimately, I think its a wash, although this Getter Emperor is but a part of Getter's true magnificence and terror.

By the way, since Zedd is here....does that mean five people will become Power Rangers? Please? :smalltongue:

Let me think on that and get back to you. I need to come up with some sort of Toku thing for Gil to get.

Draxx
2010-09-18, 07:05 PM
However, that's not what's important, as you'll see in a minute.

Prime32
2010-09-18, 07:09 PM
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann are both larger than any form of Getter Emperor yet seen, but they can only exist in Super-Spiral Space, where physics are pretty much malleable to the point of not even applying.One translation I've seen implied that TTGL is Super-Spiral Space, and the Anti-Spiral dimension actually made it harder to materialise.

And I thought Shin Getter couldn't use full power because going over 20% would kill its pilots. (I can't remember the exact percentage, but it could still travel FTL and cleave rows of planets in that state)

Re: Toku, we already have the Lanterns for that. :smalltongue:

EDIT: To Draxx, Getter Energy is a multiversal entity capable of invading universes where it isn't present to take them over. As in, the Getter Rays in New Getter Robo came from the manga continuity, and New!Ryoma briefly sees manga!Ryoma piloting Getter Emperor.

Draxx
2010-09-18, 07:18 PM
And Thanos has stood up to beings like that before. Marvel universe is a dangerous place.

Of course, raising the stakes isn't hard. There is nothing to stop me revealing I am Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, and simply killing the energy right now by removing it's sentience, without breaking a sweat, or infact expanding any effort whatsoever.
Or pull the Chalice of Ruins, Map of All-Ending, and Illumination Stone out of extra-dimensional space and end everything. All over, no more multiverse.

Prime32
2010-09-18, 07:22 PM
And Thanos has stood up to beings like that before. Marvel universe is a dangerous place.

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5746/disastranagant8mu.png
"Tetractys Grammaton. Open, Infinity Cylinder."

"Now return to nothing, amidst this infinite light! AIN SOPH AUR!"

Cracklord
2010-09-18, 07:25 PM
Approved, if you actually play him.

Gulping
2010-09-18, 07:26 PM
EDIT:

Alright, fine.

Then I'm bringing in Caim from frickin Drakengard, and I'm giving him Ea.

Then everybody dies.

Prime32
2010-09-18, 07:32 PM
EDIT:

Alright, fine.

Then I'm bringing in Caim from frickin Drakengard, and I'm giving him Ea.

Then everybody dies.Or we could go with my idea, and bring in a mecha powered by everything that isn't Getter Rays. And the only way to destroy it is to destroy Death. :smalltongue:

doliest
2010-09-18, 07:34 PM
Gulping, you can't kill everyone.
THAT'S MY JOB! :smallfurious :smallfurious:

Bring it on! DM intervention was the only thing that stopped me from killing everything in game 4; and I've only gotten better at it.

Cracklord
2010-09-18, 07:35 PM
No. No you're not. This is about at critical mass, we are not getting into a lensmen armsrace.
Listen to me. I approved Getter energy because thanks to Darkseid looking for the antilife equation it is somewhat balanced out.
I approved Kamina because he never reached Simon, and at that point of the series there was only so much he could do.
And I approved Thanos and Darkseid. I did not approve the infinity gauntlet, I did not approve any of the other plot-tickets he's attained over the years, and the game has escalated enough. Lets try not to make it no fun for the people not playing over the top characters, shall we?

doliest
2010-09-18, 07:36 PM
Yes, my master. For now I wait, but should he challenge me again, he shall taste of my heel. And Armageddon. It tastes like frogs. :smalltongue:

Cracklord
2010-09-18, 07:42 PM
Yes, my master. For now I wait, but should he challenge me again, he shall taste of my heel. And Armageddon. It tastes like frogs. :smalltongue:

Really? I found it to taste more like Monday. Perhaps Monday if it was dyed green.

doliest
2010-09-18, 07:45 PM
Maybe it's a matter of taste. It gave me the most horrible nightmare though.

Draxx
2010-09-18, 08:19 PM
Damnit, I was about to bring Squirrel girl into this, and now you go and put a cap over my head.

Gulping
2010-09-18, 08:23 PM
The 'more robots flaking off' thing is something Getter Emperor can do. These are exceedingly small flakes here, though. Usually they're more along the lines of Super-Dreadnoughts.

Also: SPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE

Cracklord
2010-09-18, 08:31 PM
Fine. I'll let you kill each other.

doliest
2010-09-18, 08:37 PM
I could rein them in if you wish, Master. I live to serve, after all. :smallamused:

Cracklord
2010-09-18, 08:44 PM
Alright. Feel free to play Galactus, Dormammu, Azathoth, Davros, Unicron or something else with a silly name and make this escalate even further.
By this point my SCi-Fi plot is literally unsalvagable, so who cares.

Draxx
2010-09-18, 08:51 PM
Which is why the Getter Pilot has just materialized in front of the only thing in the entire multiverse Thanos actually cares about besides his own craggy arse.

What makes you think he cares about his own craggy arse?

"You forced me to live again. For that, everything dies."

doliest
2010-09-18, 08:59 PM
Alright. Feel free to play Galactus, Dormammu, Azathoth, Davros, Unicron or something else with a silly name and make this escalate even further.
By this point my SCi-Fi plot is literally unsalvagable, so who cares.

I meant with my existing characters. Dracula needs to do something, so I can use him to salvage that ilttle insanity.

Edit:Besides, your plot can be saved. If you can save my plot in the sixth one, you can save yours here. :smallamused:

darkblade
2010-09-18, 10:40 PM

Of course, raising the stakes isn't hard. There is nothing to stop me revealing I am Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, and simply killing the energy right now by removing it's sentience, without breaking a sweat, or infact expanding any effort whatsoever.
Or pull the Chalice of Ruins, Map of All-Ending, and Illumination Stone out of extra-dimensional space and end everything. All over, no more multiverse.

Darksied should not be screwed like this, I've already established he doesn't have Anti-Life yet...damnit....

Gulping
2010-09-19, 12:18 AM
Darksied should not be screwed like this, I've already established he doesn't have Anti-Life yet...damnit....

Hayato's letting you run. Granted, he's going to take Apokolips over himself, but he's letting you get away as long as you don't do something that would give him cause to respond.

That would be bad. Unlike Ryoma, Hayato doesn't screw around with punches, guns, and tomahawks. Hayato goes directly for slicing the jugular with his razor-sharp fingernails, or twisting the head right off his opponent's body, or just ramming a drill into their neck.

Ryoma is the big, mean boogeyman that keeps all the monster kids awake at night.

Hayato is the looming terror that drives the adult monsters to drink themselves to sleep at night.

doliest
2010-09-19, 01:05 AM
If he manages to defeat Thanos, he's dead. Just a warning. Death doesn't take kindly to things like that, and Death has Dracula as back up. And that means Dracula can finally

Throw down his glass! :smalltongue:

Draxx
2010-09-19, 02:01 AM

Oh, he's just caught on the back foot. For the moment perhaps. It's happened before and it will happen again. But when the dust clears, it won't be Ryoma or Hayato still standing. No it won't.

The Shoveler
2010-09-19, 10:46 AM
Is it just me, or does everything seem to be in italics for some reason?

On a completely not random note, where my characters are:

Flandre: getting on her post in a second
Coop: Still talking to Kent, getting on that in a second, too.
Lucy: Just attempted to trip and hold down Hulk-lar. Waiting on doliest for that one.

And I have little hope of Lucy actually surviving for very long in this situation, so I'm gonna make best of my time with her. :smallsmile:
Meh, she's been fun and all, but she's also given me time to search for other characters. Huzzah!

darkblade
2010-09-19, 10:48 AM
And I have little hope of Lucy actually surviving for very long in this situation, so I'm gonna make best of my time with her. :smallsmile:
Meh, she's been fun and all, but she's also given me time to search for other characters. Huzzah!

I'd help but my only character out there is Oracle and she's not useful in an outright super fight and she has two broken wrists.

industrious
2010-09-19, 02:31 PM
And I'm back from traveling, and am now (finally) at College(University for the Australians). What's happening?

doliest
2010-09-19, 02:36 PM
Thanos and The Getter Empire are having a one-up contest.
Sylar is now a bolt of electricity hiding inside the Carrier.
Light, Pinhead, and Lucy are stuck on the Carrier in a group after half holding off Sylar.
Team Nightside hasn't moved much.
Not sure what else.

darkblade
2010-09-19, 04:19 PM
I'm working on the opening for my next game (don't want to be caught only half prepared like last time).

I got the basic outline of the intros for:

Major Motoko Kusanagi
GlaDOS
Batman II
Doliest's mystery villian
Spider
Dr. Doom
SHODAN
Rex
JC Denton
YT
Baron Klaus Wulfenbach

I know I am missing some characters can someone help me remember who I missed?

Gulping
2010-09-19, 04:30 PM
The whole 'Ruina Accords' thing is a great big Super Robot Wars reference. Super Robot Wars Alpha 3, in particular.

In the context of this game, the 'Three Forces' refers to Getter (Life), Dis-Lev (Death) and Ide (Birth). It basically says that anyone who directly serves any of these forces (usually limited to Getter and Dis-Lev, because Ide doesn't really employ Agents) can't fight each other, mainly because they're all ultimately devoted to keeping Reality more or less as is, although they're not above increasing their own influences a tad in the process. The Accords are basically an official statement that they're all on the same side when it comes right down to it, so they're going to act like it.

Ruina (which was originally used as the name for the OG villains in Super Robot Wars D) is a catch-all term that applies to anything bent on destroying Reality as is and replacing it with something like 'themselves' or 'nothing.' The Crimson King, Ungoliant, Nekron, the Bydo, and Stephanie Meyer all count as Ruina. Darkseid, Crayak, and Dracula don't, because they're not actually trying to destroy everything outright. Thanos is a potential or wannabe Ruina.

Incidentally, Naoki can be considered a Ruina, albeit a 'benign' one.

doliest
2010-09-19, 04:46 PM
Dracula just wants to kill all mortals. Crayak wants to wipe out all life, but replace it with new life, so yes that's true.

darkblade
2010-09-19, 04:51 PM
Dracula just wants to kill all mortals. Crayak wants to wipe out all life, but replace it with new life, so yes that's true.

I thought Dracula just wanted to kill all humans. All other forms of mortal life were annoying but acceptable.

doliest
2010-09-19, 04:55 PM
What's the difference when it comes to Earth?

Edit:I'm extending it a bit to 'mortal life on Earth.' It seems more appropriate, considering he blamed all life for what happened to his second wife. I figure any mortal on/defending Earth counts.

darkblade
2010-09-19, 04:57 PM
What's the difference when it comes to Earth?

The cockroaches are terribly offended by your speciest outlook. :smalltongue:

Edit: Also aren't a lot of his minions non-human but mortal such as the annoying flying Medusa heads?

doliest
2010-09-19, 04:57 PM
Screw them. And the seahorses too.

Edit:No. They're abominations of Unlife.

Gulping
2010-09-19, 05:00 PM
Also, what about pandas?
http://imgur.com/lyDim.jpg
Is he mad at them for stealing his cake or something?

Falgorn
2010-09-19, 05:00 PM
Question: I wouldn't be hurting anyone if I changed characters, would I?

Second Question: Would it be okay if I had another character from the Halo universe, except on the Chief's side?

If there's a problem, it's fine, I'll just deal with the awesome of Ship Master Rtas.

Neknoh
2010-09-19, 05:11 PM
I'm still here. Fuming with rage about something tied to the swedish election, so not posting anything right now ><

My internet's been dodgy for the past few days, but I'll do my best to get something up tomorrow.

Cracklord
2010-09-19, 06:53 PM
I have finally decided how to salvage the Sci-Fi aspect of the game! Yay!

I'm still here. Fuming with rage about something tied to the swedish election, so not posting anything right now ><

My internet's been dodgy for the past few days, but I'll do my best to get something up tomorrow.

Fair enough.

darkblade
2010-09-19, 08:00 PM
So I didn't miss any Cyberpunk characters?

Prime32
2010-09-19, 08:14 PM
Watched the first ep of Hellsing the other day with some friends (I think it was Ultimate).

Once again it is uncanny how easy it is to cross over with the Nasuverse. And I got a kick out of how Alucard has Kirei Kotomine (http://legendmoon.free.fr/site/images/hf/kotomine.jpg)'s voice while Anderson is the Emperor of Britannia ("God is a lie!") and apparently spends his time talking to Father. I'm not sure where the subbers are getting his accent though - they sub "ojou-chan" as "lass".

Joking that went on:
Seras has an obsession with her breasts, and is the only member of Hellsing who actually wears the uniform.
Alucard only saved Seras because of her breasts. Becoming a vampire makes them bigger.
"So most people die, but virgins get superpowers? Alright! ...wait, did I say that out loud?"
Anderson now has the nickname of "man-miko" for the scene where he blocks vampires with paper charms.
If any of us ever have to hide our identities we will write our names backwards. No one will ever figure it out.
Alucard sends all his messages by exploding head blood-note.

AMEN!

AnimeKid
2010-09-19, 08:32 PM
You missed Haseo Darkblade.

darkblade
2010-09-19, 08:41 PM
Thank you AK. Haseo is accounted for now.

Colesign
2010-09-19, 08:42 PM
Huh. Is the portal a one-way, Cracklord, or a one-shot?

Also, where exactly is Vin?

Cracklord
2010-09-19, 09:04 PM
In the forest beside what should be the Cullens mansion, but is instead an evil, somewhat organic fortress run by strange beings who buy bodies, and use them to build it.

Colesign
2010-09-19, 10:06 PM
So Richard isn't following?

Cracklord
2010-09-19, 10:23 PM
He will when the plot is ready for him.
Or, if you prefer, Narnia time.

industrious
2010-09-19, 10:36 PM
Still very much confused. I know that Oa is having issues with dead rising, and that Team Nightside is going nowhere. Other than that, no clue as to the Midnighter/the rest of the Authority.

Also, you forgot Spider Jerusalem.

Colesign
2010-09-19, 10:38 PM
Team Nightside was waiting for you Industrious.

Good to have you back, by the way.

Cracklord
2010-09-19, 10:41 PM

Did I? Oh. Sorry.
Wait, you mean Darkblade. Carry on then citizen.
Apollo has a call asking him to help out Magog, in Khansas. Midnighter just saw Sylar escape into an electrical current. Hawksmoor, Shen, Johnny Blaze and Jackson King have returned. All the refugees from a previous world have been brought aboard the Carrier, and Rorsarch is gearing up for a war aboard with several of the criminals.
Jack T Chance had been taken prisoner, but Jackson King and Johnny Blaze found him, and brought him back.

Also, does anyone want to Play Spiderman? I think Peter Parkers mission to find his vanished wife could be interesting, if anyone is up for it.

darkblade
2010-09-19, 10:41 PM

I got Spider. He's right there under mystery villian.

Edit: I'm not sure Peter would do that. He cares about MJ a lot but he wouldn't put her above the fate of the multiverse.

Cracklord
2010-09-19, 11:00 PM
Edit: I'm not sure Peter would do that. He cares about MJ a lot but he wouldn't put her above the fate of the multiverse.

Yeah, I know, but MJ vanishing like that is a major symptom, and treating it will help remove the disease.

industrious
2010-09-19, 11:04 PM
I'll be back online in half an hour. Thanks for the update. It's now or the hot water's history.

doliest
2010-09-19, 11:49 PM
I'm happily moving Sylar back to his roots, by the way. Funnily enough, he's probably at his least evil around Kirby, so separate him, and he's back to Complete Monster with shades of Magnificient B***ard. The downside is he's about to vigirously grab the Idiot Ball, as is customary for a Heroes character outside of season 1. :smallwink:

industrious
2010-09-19, 11:52 PM
No objections to the Authority killing him, then? It's their shtick, after all.

doliest
2010-09-19, 11:56 PM
Actually, unless she can alter the past, I don't think Jenny can kill him any more. He's revived from disintegration. There really isn't anything else they can do to him. Besides, I'm just getting him back to basics. I'd prefer to keep him alive long enough to have him chow down on a few brains, rack up a few powers, and hijack the ending so he somehow becomes a bigger threat than Meyer, in true Heroes fashion.

darkblade
2010-09-19, 11:59 PM
I'm happily moving Sylar back to his roots, by the way. Funnily enough, he's probably at his least evil around Kirby, so separate him, and he's back to Complete Monster with shades of Magnificient B***ard. The downside is he's about to vigirously grab the Idiot Ball, as is customary for a Heroes character outside of season 1. :smallwink:

Kirby never got a chance to be truly evil. He just wanted to find Sylar and then he died and now he's a mindless puppet.

doliest
2010-09-20, 12:01 AM
I find it funny that the two complete monsters falling in love made them too busy to be really evil. There should have been a rampage scene before Kirby died.

darkblade
2010-09-20, 12:03 AM
Well he spent most of your game in jail and I missed the climax where he could rampage. Then the first thing he saw in this game was a ticket to the multiverse and looking for Sylar.

doliest
2010-09-20, 12:05 AM
....I already admitted that game was a mess. Please don't remind me; some may drink to remember, but I drink to forget.

darkblade
2010-09-20, 12:08 AM
....I already admitted that game was a mess. Please don't remind me; some may drink to remember, but I drink to forget.

It was better than my first game. I took a plot that was basically Batman meets Dr. Who guest starring Rorasach, Mr. Wednesday and Harman Smith and then turned it into Evangelion for no good reason at the end.

At least your game was consistently about the apocalypse.

doliest
2010-09-20, 12:13 AM
But at least everyone was involved in your Evangelion ending. I even told my little assistants that I renamed Gotham '****ing around' territory. No one in Gotham was really involved-Kirby got brought back for basically nothing, Joker was wasting his time. I still need to apologize to Indy for Spider doing nothing. Throw in that the Climax was basically set up entirely by Cracklord and Tigre, with some 'help' from Colesign, and my only contribution was to make it worse.

There's a reason I haven't thrown my hat in for DMing a second time is all I'm saying.

The Shoveler
2010-09-20, 12:19 AM
Are we going to get Deadpool all high-teched up in your game, darkblade?

Meh, your game wasn't that bad, doliest. A clusterf**k for sure, but that was to be expected when so many people just attempt to hijack the plot (one succeeded). Just let it be a lesson for the future: Always check to make sure that this person doesn't have a ticket to hijack everything you've set up.

Although, I still think it would be cool to have Deadpool be the villain. Maybe if I DMed HAH! Like that's happening. :smalltongue:

doliest
2010-09-20, 12:20 AM
Shoveler I have a box that says what to happen if you get to DM. It's a sword and the instructional tape for Seppuku.

darkblade
2010-09-20, 12:22 AM
But at least everyone was involved in your Evangelion ending. I even told my little assistants that I renamed Gotham '****ing around' territory. No one in Gotham was really involved-Kirby got brought back for basically nothing, Joker was wasting his time. I still need to apologize to Indy for Spider doing nothing. Throw in that the Climax was basically set up entirely by Cracklord and Tigre, with some 'help' from Colesign, and my only contribution was to make it worse.

There's a reason I haven't thrown my hat in for DMing a second time is all I'm saying.

Well I still enjoyed your game.

You shouldn't give up on DMing these because you had one game you weren't proud of. If nothing else Cracklord tends to need two games to recover from his overly epic games and I'm not DM-ing twice in a row.

Edit: I actually have no plans for a future Deadpool. I think he's worn out his welcome. Although I'd be willing to see you DM Shoveler.

The Shoveler
2010-09-20, 12:22 AM
Trust me, everyone here who isn't doliest or Animekid, you don't want me DMing. I only DM when I'm either insane or on drugs... or both. The campaigns make no sense, the plot gets derailed in less than 3 hours, and I eventually give up 4 sessions in. Ain't I the greatest? :smalltongue:

doliest
2010-09-20, 12:23 AM
Eh. I think games divisible by three are our 'introduce new DM' games. Indy. Me. Next is obviously going to be someone else. Who will never throw their hat in again. It's like...tradition or something.

Edit:I'm still putting money on Draxx. or Colesign. They seem the most likely candidates at the moment.

darkblade
2010-09-20, 12:26 AM
Trust me, everyone here who isn't doliest or Animekid, you don't want me DMing. I only DM when I'm either insane or on drugs... or both. The campaigns make no sense, the plot gets derailed in less than 3 hours, and I eventually give up 4 sessions in. Ain't I the greatest? :smalltongue:

Except for the giving up part (unless you count the spinoffs) thats more or less these games in a nutshell.

The Shoveler
2010-09-20, 12:29 AM
Meh, if I get bored one night after too much to eat, I'll probably come up with something. Then I'll live to regret it or have it be a success and still live to regret it.* :smallsmile:

*Disclaimer: This is NOT me saying "Sure, I'll do it." It's me saying "If I come up with a really good idea and go crazy, then maybe I'll consider it."

doliest
2010-09-20, 12:29 AM
Yeah, I've played with Shoverler, you'd need someone over his shoulder forcing him to finish. He DMs well...but he never has the incentive to see something through. No offense meant; but these games have always managed to, without fail, have a climatic ending, no matter how out of left field(Darkblade, Game 2) or Player Controlled and run(Doliest, Game 6) they are.

Draxx
2010-09-20, 12:43 AM
My games tend to go the way of:

And then you see, I don't know, a bear or something. Yeah, that sounds alright.

doliest
2010-09-20, 12:45 AM
Sounds like these games. Approved.

The Shoveler
2010-09-20, 12:46 AM
That's my thought process right there, at least 20% of the time it is more like

And then you see a b... no, no you don't. You'd easily beat it. Instead, you see a Young Adult Black Dragon! Yeah, I know they aren't indigenous to the region, but does it look like i give a damn?

doliest
2010-09-20, 12:48 AM
My thought process-

So...um....a gaint monster appears! And it's actually Cthulhu mixed with Hilary Swank! Yeah, that's a great twist. Oh, and the enemy? Is AIR! And Five people meet in an elivator and it turns out one is the devil!!11!1!1!

darkblade
2010-09-20, 12:53 AM
My thought process-

Well at least you don't think like Last Airbender. :smalltongue:

doliest
2010-09-20, 12:56 AM
I liked it, but only when viewing it with friends. Yay for rewritting the plot in the middle of the theater while laughing loudly because no one else came to see it.

The funny thing? I knew it didn't fit the show canon, and I've never seen a single episode.

darkblade
2010-09-20, 01:01 AM
I liked it, but only when viewing it with friends. Yay for rewritting the plot in the middle of the theater while laughing loudly because no one else came to see it.

The funny thing? I knew it didn't fit the show canon, and I've never seen a single episode.

You played a very good Azula for someone who never watched the show. :smalltongue:

doliest
2010-09-20, 01:03 AM
Why do you think I wanted her at the very end of the show? Complete insanity justifies never watching a single episode! She can't remember events well enough for it too really matter.

Gulping
2010-09-20, 01:18 AM
I've never GMed anything. I fear what would happen if I did.

As you travel along, you come upon a small sandwich store. It's a brick building with a roof of thatch over wood. The smells of roasted meat, crisp vegetables, and fresh bread comes from within.

Upon entering, you are struck by the fact that the establishment is staffed entirely by demons! And, weirdly enough, devils as well. Odd that. Vaguely unsettled and rather confused, you approach the counter. A rather impressive example of a succubus stands at the register, a nametag reading 'Synthia' pinned to her three-sizes-too-small uniform top.

It's worth noting that there are more than a few civilians inside the shop, happily enjoying their food as though nothing is even slightly wrong. Do you follow your adventurer's instincts and declare your murderous intent, or do you keep your stupid brain quiet and order a Fat Daniel?

And if you order, do you try to hit on the cashier?

Cracklord
2010-09-20, 01:22 AM
If you ever do, I'm in.

doliest
2010-09-20, 02:30 AM
Anyone who got the reference in Death's little backstory, I salute you, for you are a true video game nerd.

Draxx
2010-09-20, 02:57 AM
No idea, I'm afraid.

Also, How's this evil opposites thing working so far?

Nicodemus - Roland Deschain
Both are very charismatic, older men, with incredible skill in their chosen fields, and subscribe to know authority but their own. One brings order and protects the innocent, the other does the opposite. Both are somewhat callous with their companions, but Roland feels bad about it. Ultimately, Roland is an antihero, but a very upright and moralistic one.

The Kurgan - Solomon Kane
The Kurgan has no regard for other people, is a psychopath from another age and time who is a total hedonist and does whatever feels good, with no regard to any form of morality. He has a cause he pursues to the exclusion of all else.
Solomon Kane is dour, grim, and has never had fun in his life, who subscribes to a very upright and unshakable morality, and has no real cause or prize he pursues.

Voldemort - Harry Dresden
Harry is a maverick with a lot of empathy, a sort of casual disrespect for magic and no respect for authority who lives in what often approaches squalor.
Voldemort is a maverick who doesn't recognize other individuals as people and lives in comfort, can't imagine doing anything without magic and lots of respect for authority.

Azazel - Mouse
... Last one needs work.

Prime32
2010-09-20, 03:36 AM
My thought process-
How things tend to go for me:

The bad guy is inside this building.
*thinking* He did blah blah as a child and then X happened and now he has these cool powers and he wants revenge for...

Cool. So where's the door?

Um...I think I work best as a telepath assistant.

Draxx
2010-09-20, 03:58 AM
Really?

What am I thinking right now?

Prime32
2010-09-20, 04:15 AM
Really?

What am I thinking right now?"That's cheating."

No, that wasn't my guess. But now that I've set the mood, I guess that you're thinking... "That's cheating."

Draxx
2010-09-20, 04:17 AM
That does sound right. Actually, I was thinking 'No I'm not', but that's so close I'd agree that your psychic.

Prime32
2010-09-20, 09:05 AM
We need to compile all this Canon Welding into a setting.

Draxx
2010-09-20, 04:12 PM
We also need somebody to play the old hungry lion.

Gulping
2010-09-20, 04:29 PM
I fully admit that I laughed when I saw what you did with Naoki and Minato, Cracklord. You sly bastard, you.

Colesign
2010-09-20, 04:44 PM
For the new players who don't understand the "Many Names" that Nicodemus (http://www.dresdenfilesrpg.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/ShiroSavesHarry-TD.png) has...:smallwink:

His last name, "Archeleone", translates to "Great Lion". This, presumably, is a reference to Peter 5:8:

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Thus his last name, throughout the context of the Twilight series has been modified by several characters to create titles (including the character Sanya, whom I happen to play). Some variants include "Old Lion", "Hungry Old Lion", "Devouring Lion", "Great Devourer", etc.

His other big title, within the game-canon is "The Dark Apostle", a title given to him by the Catholic Church in honor of him being the Church's oldest and greatest foe (The Church's Greatest Foe is another acquired title, by the way). "Dark Apostle", title-wise, is also a reference to both the Iscariot Division from "Hellsing", and the Burial Agency from the Type-Moon universe, both fairly similar Catholic monster hunting organizations.

Despite only appearing in game four, and dying halfway through, Nicodemus (thanks to Industrious's great rendition, among other things) has slashed and strangled his way into the dark portions of our hearts as a ageless man of evil.

And now he's back.....!!!!!!!:smalleek:!!!!!!!!!

doliest
2010-09-20, 04:47 PM
You know, if Kirby was still alive, Nico might have gotten a gift, since he brought them together. Ah, the exploits of Team Crazy. It seems so long ago, and so very glorious. :smallbiggrin:

But yes, his revival spells bad things for any character not currently deep into the evil side and willing to switch to Nico's point of view.

darkblade
2010-09-20, 04:49 PM
You know, if Kirby was still alive, Nico might have gotten a gift, since he brought them together. Ah, the exploits of Team Crazy. It seems so long ago, and so very glorious. :smallbiggrin:

But yes, his revival spells bad things for any character not currently deep into the evil side and willing to switch to Nico's point of view.

He brought them together and then they helped Anderson kill him.

doliest
2010-09-20, 04:53 PM
Which is an equally good showing of what it took to take him down when completely removed from his power base- one of the greatest vampire hunters to ever live, alongside his two subordinates(a Nightmare and a Brain-Stealing Serial Killer) teaming up against him. Did I mention the Nightmare was killed and the Serial Killer lost all his powers and memories?
No, I'm not p***ed that I lost telekinesis. Why would you say that? :smallwink:

Colesign
2010-09-20, 04:59 PM
Oh, by the way, Cracklord. Do you suppose you could find a way to heal Vin's ankle.

I've been trying to make light of it, but it'll really impair Vin in combat (in an annoying way), and it won't heal naturally until a bit after the end of this game.

darkblade
2010-09-20, 05:01 PM
Technically the Nightmare didn't die for several hours, and he got better later.

In other news when we finally get to face off against Stephanie Meyers or the Crimson King we need to do something like this.

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/data/media/44/JLA_Avengers_3_Full_Cover.jpg

Only with every PC and not Cullen allied NPC from all of the previous games in addition to the full JLA and Avengers rosters.

Edit: Morbius could give Vin some blood. The healing factor should fix her ankle but there would be a small chance of vampiric infection.

Double Edit: He also created a vaccine for undeath. He doesn't even have to worry about that risk anymore.

The Tygre
2010-09-20, 05:20 PM
Soooo... I've been out for a couple of days. Busy weekend. Anyone mind giving me a heads up on what random crap is happening right now and how I can get my characters there?

darkblade
2010-09-20, 05:24 PM
Keria is with Darksied attempting to get safe passage after the Super Robot Squad destroyed Apokalips.

Elric is with Morbius, Dante, Blade and the returning Vin at the living Castle where the Cullen's house is supposed to be.

No idea about the rest of your characters though.

industrious
2010-09-20, 05:26 PM
If anyone won't, I'll take Nicodemus again.

But the fight for Oa will need to be staged offscreen, and Jack. T. Chance will be severely wounded by Hannibal's actions. If that's okay...

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Nicodemus+Dresden+Files#/d25jrbd

Cracklord
2010-09-20, 05:28 PM
It is. Take him.

The Tygre
2010-09-20, 05:29 PM
I see. One last question, then. Yo, wise and mighty DM; is Darth Nihilus anywhere in this universe, in any shape, way, or form?

Cracklord
2010-09-20, 05:31 PM
Yes he is. He was revived by Stephanie's actions, and was working with her for a while, along with Konrad Curze. Fortunately, Konrad is dead, but Nihlus is not.

The Tygre
2010-09-20, 05:34 PM
Let's hope he stays that way. Else there won't be a party. :smallcool:

darkblade
2010-09-20, 05:48 PM
pst your link's broken Indy.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/060/b/4/Harry_and_Michael__Death_Masks_by_MrSinister616.jp g

There much better to show the terror that is Nicodemus.

Although I am uncertain, this is the Nicodemus from world IV and the Harry Dresden from world I. So from Harry's perspective Nicodemus never died, right?

Cracklord
2010-09-20, 05:57 PM
...I suppose so, yes.

Murkus
2010-09-20, 06:36 PM
I edited my most recent post to include Azazel. I hadn't realized Morgan and Harry had arrived.

Cracklord
2010-09-20, 06:43 PM
They just did then.

industrious
2010-09-20, 06:45 PM
And I posed Nicodemus's rebirth. I'm giving him a very nice upgrade, since he's now the grandson of the Devil. And he's stolen Sam's birthright as well.

Like Nicodemus would pass up that sort of chance. I bet he's probably planned this whole thing, too.

Murkus
2010-09-20, 06:47 PM
And I posed Nicodemus's rebirth. I'm giving him a very nice upgrade, since he's now the grandson of the Devil. And he's stolen Sam's birthright as well.

Like Nicodemus would pass up that sort of chance. I bet he's probably planned this whole thing, too.

Since Lucifer's locked away, Azazel's liable to become his loyal servant just because of this new power radiating off of him.

Colesign
2010-09-20, 06:50 PM
That, Darkblade...is an utterly awesome, awesome depiction.

And Nicodemus officially returns, in a Shiver inducing narration. Powers of the devil, plus Anduriel, and when he get the noose back he'll be more powerful than before.

The center cannot hold...

darkblade
2010-09-20, 06:52 PM
That, Darkblade...is an utterly awesome, awesome depiction.

Thats not mine it's what Indy was trying to link to in his spoiler above.

Edit: I wanted to post the following in the game thread but decided against it because it's so anti-climatic.

Dresden

"Huh? He doesn't does he Solomon?" I asked before tossing aside my blasting rod and running towards the master of the Fallen. I practice running regularly, normally it is to run away from things but closing a long gap uses the same muscles.

With the gap closed I place the barrel of my revolver under the Denarian's chin and pulled the trigger. Guns are surely man kinds finest achievment.

Draxx
2010-09-20, 08:02 PM

He has forgotten the face of his father. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PreAsskickingOneLiner)

Colesign
2010-09-20, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the heal Darkblade.

Vin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imamcajBEJs) is back to full combat strength!!!:smallbiggrin:

(If they ever did make a Mistborn movie, Hans Zimmer would be the ideal composer for the soundtrack: much of his orchestral scores go along with movies based on moving swiftly and beautifully through urban enviorments (Dark Knight, Inception, 2009 Sherlock Holmes, Pirates of the Caribean, from a certain point of view...).

Mistborn is swift and beautiful movement through an urban enviornment.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs45/i/2009/074/6/d/vin_above_luthadel_by_mking2008.jpgVin in the midst of a Steelpush in the Noble Section of Luthadel

Draxx
2010-09-20, 08:07 PM
I have to read mistborn now.

Azazel

The demon snaps into motion at Solomon's attack, most likely sparking off the powder keg that was this little confrontation.

He throws his hand up in the man's direction, trying to use telekinesis to toss Solomon forcefully backwards. Either over or through the car, in all likelihood.

"So much drama, wizards." He asks, smiling. "And white, white, white. Why are you all so obsessed with white?"

Kane is dealing with this.

Colesign
2010-09-20, 08:15 PM
It's a good series. Well, anything by Brandon Sanderson...:smallwink:

Draxx
2010-09-20, 08:56 PM
Even 'The Way of Kings'?

Colesign
2010-09-20, 10:08 PM
Anything by Brandon Sanderson.

Though I haven't read "Way of Kings" yet.

Cracklord
2010-09-20, 10:35 PM
Have to take your word for it.

industrious
2010-09-20, 10:38 PM
Since Death is involved in the game, I'd love to involve Morpheus in some way. To chastise his older sister for playing with the affections of mortals. Dream follows many rules. One of them is that he is always unlucky in love.

Cracklord
2010-09-20, 10:44 PM
Since Death is involved in the game, I'd love to involve Morpheus in some way. To chastise his older sister for playing with the affections of mortals. Dream follows many rules. One of them is that he is always unlucky in love.

Sure thing. Get him involved when the Sci-Fi part settles down a little.

Colesign
2010-09-20, 11:07 PM
Just to clarify...

Richard, Quenthal, and Malus are in the same space where Vin emerged into the Forks Dimension, right?

Cracklord
2010-09-20, 11:11 PM
Just to clarify...

Richard, Quenthal, and Malus are in the same space where Vin emerged into the Forks Dimension, right?

Nowhere near. They are near the reservation, on the other side of Forks.

Colesign
2010-09-20, 11:17 PM
Ah. Thanks.

Corvond
2010-09-20, 11:24 PM
If nobody minds, I'll take over the Joker. I have plans for him. Such plans.

Cracklord
2010-09-20, 11:24 PM
Go for it.

industrious
2010-09-20, 11:38 PM
The reason why Nicodemus isn't lifting a finger to help his allies is simple: he wants to know just what they can do.

Cracklord
2010-09-20, 11:52 PM
Which seems the right decision, all in all.

Gulping
2010-09-20, 11:53 PM
Asuka and Yoda get to meet The Boss, Naoki and Minato are offered a chance to stop being 'those two guys,' Dante begins the hunt for progress, and Team Stig gets a new name that will be used until the chance to use the proper one comes along.

How soon that will happen is dependent entirely on how perceptive Zedd is regarding henshin devices.

doliest
2010-09-21, 12:46 AM
Heh. Light and Sylar have limited life spans at this rate, but I'm not the type to let either go down without a fight. Far from it, these two have worked long and hard establishing that they don't plan on ever dying, so it's time to put metal to the road and see if they have what it takes. While Rorasach confronts Bat-Girl, and giant monsters rampage below.
I love this game.

darkblade
2010-09-21, 02:20 PM
I have a question for the next game. Would someone be willing to play Lelouch/Zero from Code Geass?

I have a major plot point that requires his presence (or the presence of someone with a similar mindset such as V). Basically he'd be filling in a role somewhat similar to the Major in Doliest's game or V in No More Heroes.

If no one else it up for it I'd fill it in myself but we have had such good mileage with additional antagonists as PCs I figured I'd open the doors to see if there was someone willing first.

Neknoh
2010-09-21, 04:07 PM
I honestly do believe you guys are too quick for me, I would love to take part in this, but, with limited time and dodgy internet, two days off is something I cannot properly recover.

It also feels that I am unfortunately slowing down some plot thoughts Cracklord's had with jack, and I can't stand being something that drags behind and slows down this much.

As soon as I have more time on my hands, I'll be back, and I'll be picking up a new character if someone wants to overtake Jack now that I am leaving. Any takers?

It was a very good run, although very short and interaction-less, but, the OoC thread have been fantastic and full of joy and camradiere, really hope I'll find the time to get back to you guys, you are all awesome :smallsmile:

Also, if it havent been answered already:

Andersen is written as being a scottish priest in origin and is likely speaking in a more absurd japanese dialekt as well, ergo, it's plenty o' lass, ladd an' strenge ebreviatiens there laddie.

So, leaving Jack up for grabs and taking my leave for now.

Gentlemen, you will come to remember the day as the day, that you ALMOST, caught Captain, Jack, Sparrow. ¤epic exit from the OoC thread¤

darkblade
2010-09-21, 04:23 PM
Well you'll be missed Neknoh.

Murkus
2010-09-21, 04:26 PM
See you around, Neknoh.

You know, if you're looking for a slower roleplay, try Roleplayer Guild. They go on with everyone typically making one or two posts a day, so you wouldn't be rushed.

Neknoh
2010-09-21, 04:33 PM
I have MAITP to finish a character for, and I have my own Horror ITP to go for as well, neither of which are overtly fast paced in the posting, so I'm good there, thanks for trying to help though :smallsmile:

But yeah, someone take over Jack and make him awesome for me will ya, there's bound to be some random powerup awaiting him :smallcool:

Colesign
2010-09-21, 04:37 PM
Come back soon!:smallsmile:

industrious
2010-09-21, 04:42 PM
It was a pleasure having you, Murkus. May you come back, and join us some other time.

In other news, my college's parody newspaper had a column: Incoming Freshmen Ask Bella Swan. The answers to their questions were...hysterical.

doliest
2010-09-21, 04:44 PM
We hope to see you again soon, comrade!

nanobot_swarm
2010-09-21, 05:21 PM
Many goodbyes Nekoh, may you join us again.

Now then, did anything try to intercept King Ghidorah?

Murkus
2010-09-21, 05:36 PM
It was a pleasure having you, Murkus. May you come back, and join us some other time.

In other news, my college's parody newspaper had a column: Incoming Freshmen Ask Bella Swan. The answers to their questions were...hysterical.

I'm not leaving, you silly goose.

Also, wut?

doliest
2010-09-21, 05:37 PM
I'm not leaving, you silly goose.

Also, wut?

However, if I have my say, you'll evolve into a Murkrow.

Cracklord
2010-09-21, 05:56 PM
Gentlemen, you will come to remember the day as the day, that you ALMOST, caught Captain, Jack, Sparrow. ¤epic exit from the OoC thread¤

You are welcome to return at any time.

Prime32
2010-09-21, 06:42 PM
Speaking of which, you should probably ignore the PM I sent you. Since I'm in at least 3 RPs already and I seem to have forgotten that college requires me to do stuff.

Feel free to steal the plot though.

darkblade
2010-09-21, 07:09 PM
So many sensible reasons to argue with Rorasach, so few of them that fit into broken Cass speak.

Neknoh
2010-09-21, 07:19 PM
On the topic of Ghidorah, there's a host of last-ditch-effort pirates jumping into his face from a falling ship clouded in smoke in front of him, but nothing more than that, those pirates and marines are nothing but canonfodder :smallbiggrin:

Cracklord
2010-09-21, 07:55 PM
On the topic of Ghidorah, there's a host of last-ditch-effort pirates jumping into his face from a falling ship clouded in smoke in front of him, but nothing more than that, those pirates and marines are nothing but canonfodder :smallbiggrin:

Tell you what, Jack Sparrow can team up with Eric Cartmen and teach the Somali Pirates what real piracy is about.

Oh, we, drink and we pillage and we do what we please,
We do what we want for free!
We'll kick your ass
And rape your lass!
Somalian Pirates We!

With a Yo-ho-ho!

And a Yee-hee-hee!

We'll take to the African sea!
We'll brave the squalls
And bust your balls, Somalian Pirates we! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1_NpLKnWLU)

doliest
2010-09-21, 09:38 PM
Speaking of, is Sylar still alive? He's survived disintegration, but you might have decided that isn't canon to this game.

Cracklord
2010-09-21, 09:47 PM
The Sylar thing is somebody elses problem.

As to Solomon Kane, the staff has been established as allowing him to counteract Dark Magic. Are we upgrading it to all magic then?

doliest
2010-09-21, 09:53 PM
Ah the great power of the DM-
'**** it! Work it out amongst yourselves! I'm gettin' a beer and you have til I'm back to fix it.
Or is that just my way?

Draxx
2010-09-21, 10:01 PM
Ah the great power of the DM-
'**** it! Work it out amongst yourselves! I'm gettin' a beer and you have til I'm back to fix it.
Or is that just my way?

Depends on my mood, I suppose.

doliest
2010-09-21, 10:08 PM
True; that's my 'good mood' response. The bad one involves stealing a page from Animekid's book. :smallwink:

Colesign
2010-09-21, 10:11 PM
The Staff has truly been a godsend for Solomon in this fight. (Commence shipping!)

But as far as I can tell, only Dark Magic has been used against Solomon so far, from Hellfire to Hell-Telekinesis to Killing Curses to magic cast by a Dark Wizard.

White magic...might work against Solomon. The best option by far would be non-magical means of attack. Y'know, shooting him or punching him or stabbing him.

On a further note, Voldermort* bites the dust again. But he'll be back soon, thanks to his Phylactery Horucruxes. Darn you, Ms. Snakey!

*Notalich.

doliest
2010-09-21, 10:13 PM
Voldemort is a far better rapper than fighter, in all honesty, so Solomon's probably in the back as long as he doesn't start a rap feud.

Colesign
2010-09-21, 10:14 PM
But if you want to dig down and work out the canon rules of the Staff of Solomon, Draxx, I'm more than willing. Here's the wikipedia quote:

The Staff Of Solomon
An incredibly ancient staff that N'Longa presented to Kane to aid him in his adventures, which is described as sharp-pointed on one end and with the head of a cat on the other, made of a wood that no longer exists on Earth. The staff is covered with ancient hieroglyphics which themselves were added a very long time after the staff was created. Using the staff Kane can communicate over distances with N'Longa, and it has also been used to slay vampires.

When Kane is taken prisoner by slavers, one of their party, Yussef the Hadji, recognises the staff for what it is. He says the staff is older than the world itself and holds mighty magic. The cat-head is a representation of Bast, and the priests of Bast used the staff in ancient Egypt. The feline head which now decorates the staff's top was itself carved out of a pre-existing decoration, thought it's now impossible to say what manner of eldritch symbol or creature was originally effigiated on it. With the staff Moses known as Musa in Arabic did wonders before the Pharaoh, and carried it with him when his people fled Egypt. For centuries it was the Scepter of Israel mentioned in Numbers 24:17, and Solomon used it to combat magicians and capture djinns. The staff may be related to Aaron's rod, Moses' rod or the Rod of Asclepius.

Before this, when the world was young, Atlantean, pre-Adamite, priests in silent cities beneath the seas used the staff to fight evil, millions of years before mankind was born.

Cracklord
2010-09-21, 10:20 PM
Let's say it's all of them, because it is an awesome artifact, and it makes up for the others being weaker. It was given to (King) Solomon as the only one with the wisdom to use it, used to bind spirits and break enchantments, and bring light to the dark places of the world.
Making Solomon Kane the perfect wielder.
It can also do other things, in the right hands, but Solomon doesn't know how to unlock them, which is probably for the best. Some things are better left unused.