PDA

View Full Version : I want one...

golentan
2010-09-16, 12:06 AM
More than anything I have ever wanted before.

No, not really. But I so very much want one. For those of you wondering what I'm babbling about, I have a story to tell. A while back I heard an interview with William Gibson about his new book, in which he mentioned something called an AirPenguin. And then mentioned they were real. I looked them up, and, well. These may be the coolest things ever built by man. (http://www.festo.com/ext/en/12085_12109.htm#id_12109)

And apparently they're autonomous and inquisitive. If this is the form the robot revolution takes, I don't think I'll mind.

thubby
2010-09-16, 12:17 AM
And apparently they're autonomous and inquisitive. If this is the form the robot revolution takes, I don't think I'll mind.

i will. if im going to fight in a resistance against the monsters that killed everyone i know and love, it would at least be nice to have them be somewhat manly to kill.

Gorgondantess
2010-09-16, 12:19 AM
i will. if im going to fight in a resistance against the monsters that killed everyone i know and love, it would at least be nice to have them be somewhat manly to kill.

If one of those things can kill a human, period, we've lost as a race all semblance of dignity already.:smallamused:

thubby
2010-09-16, 12:28 AM
If one of those things can kill a human, period, we've lost as a race all semblance of dignity already.:smallamused:

all the more reason to start making terminators, to ensure the preservation of human dignity during the inevitable machine uprising.

golentan
2010-09-16, 12:41 AM
If you attached a machine gun to it's head and painted a skull and crossbones on the side, would that be acceptable? Or is a robot revolution of flying penguins just not awesome no matter what in your mind?

Come on. It's SO COOL! Flying. Robot. Penguins. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NinjaPirateZombieRobot)

Lord Loss
2010-09-16, 05:10 AM
So... Cute... :smallbiggrin:.