PDA

View Full Version : Ninjas, Inc. [Wu Shu]

OMG PONIES
2010-09-16, 06:46 AM
A friendly, well-kept man in a tweed suit wavess to you from a small television set on a wheeled cart. You're all gathered around the set in a bare conference room, seated in uncomfortable plastic chairs. With no introduction, the man begins:

Shopping. Picking up the kids from school. Quietly assassinating your next door neighbor in the night. Some jobs, you can do yourself. For others, you need someone to show you the ropes. Someone with experience, and a professional touch. That's where we come in. Here at Ninjas, Inc. we provide you with the tools you need to live the life you want. Our ninjas are trained in various career paths and specialties, but we still focus on the core of what's important: each certified Ninja carries a Bachelor's Degree in Stealth Killing. However, you can also call us if you need a ninja to fix a flat or show you how to make a perfect souffle. In feudal Japan, ninjas were mysterious and inspired fear. But in today's modern world, we like to think of them as quiet helpers who also happen to know kung-fu. So pick up the phone now--your ninja is waiting. And remember, when you don't know what to do, just think Ninjas, Inc.

The recording flickers, and is replaced by a chaotic field of static. The human resources representative enters the room, a stocky woman with glasses and a slight limp. Turning towards you, she clasps her hands in front of her and smiles broadly. "Well, okay, new ninjas! How about we go around the room and introduce ourselves? Also, please take advantage of this time to ask any questions, since we already have a job lined up for you. How exciting!"

loser0ll
2010-09-16, 03:20 PM
One of the "new ninjas" is pretty obviously preoccupied. He seems to be fiddling with the small television set at the moment. With one hand, he seems to be moving around some sort of thin, long wire that he had pushed inside of the the TV through a screw hole. With the other, he seems to be sprinkling dust out of a cross-shaped container in a little circle around the TV. Finally, he draws out the metal wire and completes the circle - and spits on the powder. It flashes in a burst of light - and the TV promptly changes to a channel popular for hosting a number of comedic shows.
"Well, we have free cable now. By the way, I'm Maconin."
Having given his... concise introduction, he settles down to eat the provided burgers. A drop of ketchup slips down, splashing onto some residual powder that had landed on his clothing. It doesn't actually -do- anything... except stain his clothing.

Cudar_Vayl
2010-09-16, 04:47 PM
A small man dressed in simple linen slacks and an orange dress shirt chews on one of the burgers as he watches the orientation video and listens to the others speak.
"Jobs are good. Only by being in the moment may we empty our minds and let in the glow of enlightenment. And only by being pushed are we in the moment."
Finishing his meal, he stands and starts pacing, the stark lights bouncing off his freshly shaved skull.
"The masters called me "He-with-boats-for-shoes""
He points down to his clown shoe sized feet "But you may call me Nick."

Scow2
2010-09-16, 05:27 PM
With Catlike tread and amazing stealth, Nekokyutzi places a small paper bag labeled "Ninja Burger(R) Guaranteed delivery in 30 minutes or less, or we commit Seppuku!" beside the Technomancer. While he's distracted by the seemingly-sudden appearance of the complementary Cheeseburger, fries, and his favorite soft drink, she slides under the TV set, just out of Boats-For-Shoes' perepheral vision, and sets the other bag next to the inept ninja.

With a quick hop before either can turn and see her, she's against the ceiling, staying out of sight as she waits for more ninjas to arrive for orientation, hiding in the shadows of one of the corners.

Flawless Deliveries!

Tichrondrius
2010-09-16, 08:24 PM
Daro

"Well, I'm Daro.." Another ninja stepped forth from the shadows, not quite as hidden as other ninjas for some reason, and spoke loudly. "I have no need to stick to the shadows, because when other ninjas are hiding out in the darkness, they're hiding from me!" He smirked at his boast, pulling out a sword to punctuate it. His clothes seemed ninjay enough, a grey open shirt showing off his muscles and some ninja pants with boots oddly enough, but his hair shown the oddest color of red.

loser0ll
2010-09-16, 09:58 PM
The Reception Check
I'm assuming a 5 cap on Minor things, 7 on Major, as normal?
All rolls of 4 and under are successes.
[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4]

Scow2
2010-09-16, 10:45 PM
Nekokyutzi quickly, silently, and invisibly hops down into the shadow Daro previously occupied, interposing his body between the other ninjas and her own to stay hidden. Quickly handing off the Ninja Burger bag into the unsuspecting ninja's hand, she's gone again.

A moment later, she walks through the door in plain view, black-and-orange tail swishing behind her, quite pleased with her work.

[roll0]

OMG PONIES
2010-09-17, 02:29 PM
The television flickers for a brief second, displaying a Spanish telenovela before finally clicking onto the correct channel. In stunning HD, a fat and angry man appears on the screen, pumping his fist. "...and that's why I refuse to eat at Waffle House!" The audience is in an uproar.

Neko's value meals are delivered in true ninja style, and there is nary a trace of her until she makes herself known. However, when Daro checks his bag, he notices that no napkins were provided.

The HR representative comes back into the room, her smile even wider than before. "Now, before we send you on your first mission, we just need to collect some personal information. Our HR staffers are coming in now to interview each of you for the basics--emergency contact names and numbers, you know the drill. I'll be back in just a jiffy!" With that, she exits again, taking her plastered-on smile with her.

Suddenly, the skylights in the ceiling above you shatter, and five young men in suits crash through, landing on the conference table with weapons drawn. Two are wielding katanas. One holds two daggers and another, presumably the leader of the group, is a muscular man holding a frying pan. "All right, worms," he grunts, "let's start with your BLOOD TYPE!" They all charge at you.

OOC: And so begins our first combat. You each have 3 Chi Points, so be sure to protect them with at least 1 yin success per post. Also, this is my first Wu Shu combat, so if I'm missing anything, inform me in the OOC.

Shyftir
2010-09-17, 04:43 PM
Out of nowhere a man in a long black coat leaps into the room and unleashes a spread of ninja stars at the suited men. Reaching inside his coat, he reveals a pair of Sai which he uses to block an incoming katana attack.

"Sorry I'm late."

Trait: Feral Ninja style 5

Defense Dice: [roll0] [roll1]

Offense Dice: [roll2] [roll3] [roll4]

loser0ll
2010-09-17, 07:17 PM
Maconin looks up as the ninja's begin bursting through the ceiling, and grimaces - not out of fear, but pain. "Wow... that pun was terrible. I mean, really - your mother must have hated you not to teach you any better lines than that before sending you to school." He begins performing a mystical chant, while bowing his head over the television he had been working on. In mid-chant, he reaches up to scratch his head, causing a storm of dandruff flakes to fall on the television set. The television begins to emit a strange of sounds and lights, which induce painful seizure-like spasms in the ninja attackers!
Trait Level - 4
[roll0]

loser0ll
2010-09-17, 07:20 PM
I seem to have messed up the dice roll... it's a pity, since my average result on that would only have come out to about 3.2. :/
Defensive
[roll0]
Offensive
[roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4]

Scow2
2010-09-17, 08:13 PM
Nekokyutzi sighs at the approach of Ninjas. "Nya, It's like this, boys," she growls. The catgirl goads two of the ceiling-ninjas to double-team her, each sending a flying kick at her from opposite directions. At the last moment possible, she ducks down, grabbing the Ninja's by their ankles(Hollywood Ninjutsu YIN 1).

Using the ninja-legs as a acrobat-bar, she spins around, letting the two behind her collide face-first into each other (Gymnast YANG 1), while she uses her acrobatic momentum to fly into the one trying to harrass Tofugan (Gymnast YANG II).

Behind her, the two previously-humiliated ninjas try to charge her again, careful not to repeat their last mistake by making a sword-first approach. Reacting quickly, the catgirl grabs Tofugan's Ninja Harraser's Katana from out of his hands, leaving him befuddled as she parries one of her own assailant's blows, while the other's upward slash merely catches her along the back of her shirt, for instant Fanservice (Hollywood Ninjutsu YIN II).

With a grin, she slashes outward at the two of them, drawing her own Wakizashi to aid the attack. (Hollywood Ninjutsu YANG III)

Yang Dice
[roll0]=<4
Yin Dice:
[roll1]=<4

[And that's how it's done! I have 1 Yin protection, and hit 3 times!]

Tichrondrius
2010-09-18, 06:18 PM
Daro

"More to the feast?" Daro mocks as the ninjas burst in, and battle is joined. "After this fight, you will wish that your type was O, universial recipient!" He paused for a moment, "I could have also went with this is a weird way to do a blood test." The last part being mumbled as he was lost in thought. When he regained his thought process he saw most of the mooks were already being engaged. A twinkle lit in his eye as he smirked.

"I guess that leaves Gregory Bigguns for me." He boasted, his sword seeming to gain two extra inches as he charged the muscular frying pan man, attempting to sever him directly and cut right through his frying pan if blocked.

"A frying pan? Is this a restaurant or a battle? Well, either way, come get served!"

Trait: Beyond the Impossible 4

Defense Dice: [roll0] [roll1]

Offense Dice: [roll2] [roll3]