PDA

View Full Version : Opening a gate to demonic possession.

Mordokai
2010-09-16, 01:05 PM
So, for this to make any sense, a bit of explanation is in order. Spoilered, in case people don't want to read about the nasty things we did so far.

We are currently playing a Savage Species campaign and I am playing a succubus. After much time, we managed to steal two children from a backlog village (a brother and sister), after killing their parents in the dead of the night. Our intention was to sell them as slaves to a lizardman tribe we met earlier in the campaign. That didn't work out, since in the time we were doing the nasty deed, our employers were killed by bunch of adventurers. So, we were left with two human children in the middle of the wilderness. After a few days, our evil minds devised a brilliant plan, which I won't go into details, because they are not important and would probably not fare well for my wellbeing on these forums. Suffice to say, due to some bad dice rolls, the plan failed and we had to kill the brother as well. That left the sister, already in a state of shock pretty much broken up and catatonic. It's been a week or two since then (in game time) and she doesn't show much signs of improvement, as I deduced by using my Detect Thoughts ability. She does however detect as more and more chaotic (once again, DT and the driders' Detect Chaos show so) so I'm counting on this to do something.

Long story short, DM says she is an open ground for demonic possession. And now I wonder... how would I go about that? A guecubu demon would be perfect, of course, but how do I summon one to material plane? My succubus is level four, which puts her at CR 3, which in one lower than your usual guecubu. I imagine there are lowly guecubus in a vast infinity that is Abyss, so that's probably the easier part of problem. All I need is it's possession and improved invisibility abilities, everything else can pretty much safely be left out.

So yeah... I need an advice how to summon a guecubu to material plane and have it possess a ten year old human girl so my succubus and her party can do more unspeakable evils in the name of Graa'zt, the Sixfingered.

Adamaro
2010-09-17, 04:03 AM
Maybe find a wizard who can perform such summons?

Adamaro
2010-09-17, 04:05 AM
Doublepost.

Adamaro
2010-09-17, 04:11 AM
Triplepost. :smalleek:

Myth
2010-09-17, 04:13 AM
Since it's beyond your party's capabilities, do a ritual which is the DM's way to give you something better then you have in an IC/Quest way. Rituals are the fluff to obtaining magical effects you can't actually cast.

Otodetu
2010-09-17, 04:27 AM
Get a scroll of planar binding, no need for anything more complex than that, just say "sorry for bringing you over, but evil needs to be done chap, just agree to doing evil on the material plane for as long as it takes."

Heliomance
2010-09-17, 05:26 AM
Wait a couple of levels, take Leadership?

Arcane_Secrets
2010-09-17, 09:51 AM
Since guecubu are incorporeal (as best I remember them) perhaps the ritual to attract one consists of 'giving voice to the voiceless and form to the formless'-namely creating a ritual site that allows the guecubu to both speak and manifest through it in such a way that would allow you to communicate with it and threaten it to do what you want. This could consist of creating a face out of rocks that rearrange themselves in order to speak, or as a more lurid possibility, perhaps the dying spurts of blood from a sacrificial victim spell out words as it responds to what you ask of it from within The Abyss. Getting it to possess the particular target might be a question of stealing something from the target like a personal item or a lock of hair, fingernails, so on-and it would hunt them down afterwards as you wanted.